2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

Actually discussing the next installment

BabaFamilias

BabaFamilias

Since the GTA VI forum just turned into a big clusterf*ck with only people spamming "I wuz here", I thought we should create a rather "hidden" place, where we can actually discuss about GTA VI. So what do you think about the new protagonist? Where do you think will the story go? I love Jason and Lucia already. I feel like they will really grow on me, when playing the game. Do we have any info on the voice actors?

Jason reminds me a lot of Trevor ... dirty clothes, a hat, etc. (I hate him already) and Lucia ... her hips are too much if I'm honest and I can't help but feel like I was watching a GTA Online video with the walking, etc. animations. It all looked very GTA Online like and I don't like that at all.

universetwisters

I think it’s kinda weird that the protagonists are dating one another. Like I get that it’s supposed to be some white trash Bonnie and Clyde but on the other hand it’s reminding me of how tedious the dating in SA and IV was and I’m like “oh geez they did a whole game about it”

Other than that I’m really getting BOBBIE JO AND THE OUTLAW vibes from what little of the gameplay we’ve seen 

Also ngl f*ckin pissed it takes place in the present day again 

WaiterWaiter
5 minutes ago, Emmi said:

Jason reminds me a lot of Trevor ... dirty clothes, a hat, etc. (I hate him already) and Lucia ... her hips are too much if I'm honest and I can't help but feel like I was watching a GTA Online video with the walking, etc. animations. It all looked very GTA Online like and I don't like that at all.

I think Jason will be someone who has rotten luck but a big heart. He won't be insane like Trevor.

17 minutes ago, Emmi said:

....and I can't help but feel like I was watching a GTA Online video with the walking, etc. animations. It all looked very GTA Online like and I don't like that at all.

Yeah, it is strange. I was expecting something like GTA V but somehow it feels more like GTAO and I wasn't expecting GTAO to influence the next singleplayer project. Like the influence would be for the multiplayer component that I forsaw but it creeped into singleplayer if you look at the leaks. Still it might change in the future but then there is also the protagonists thing, they feel a little too young, as if the targeted audiences might also be the GTAO players. That's how I feel though but who knows, Michael was seen older in first trailer but they made him younger later on so it may not be that big of a concern.

• Like 2

Comrade Monke

I think it looks good. Just as long as they don't fill it with moral commentary bullsh*t and make both protagonists badass. I also hope we get to see some references to Vice City's events (similar to how GTA 5 referenced events of SA) and maybe even the Vercetti Gang returning. Overall I am really looking forward to it.

The GTA Online influence is pretty apparent to me while watching the leaked footage. I know this is like a couple years old stuff but still ... the running animation from Lucia is straight out of GTA Online and looks so stupid. A modern day setting is also not something I wanted but I guess it is what it is. I'm not really excited for it I must admit but I'll wait for more footage coming directly from Rockstar before judging!

Comrade Monke
Just now, Emmi said:

The GTA Online influence is pretty apparent to me while watching the leaked footage. I know this is like a couple years old stuff but still ... the running animation from Lucia is straight out of GTA Online and looks so stupid. A modern day setting is also not something I wanted but I guess it is what it is. I'm not really excited for it I must admit but I'll wait for more footage coming directly from Rockstar before judging!

I actually like the modern setting just as long as they keep some 80's aesthetic which they most likely will, we never saw modern day vice city before so it could be interesting plus gives more room for references to VC events since 3D universe characters are treated, according to Rockstar "As mythical characters from a bygone era" they can make Tommy this sort of legend who every modern criminal looks up to

Spider-Vice

The section is better now as we've restricted new registrations and there's a bunch of us cleaning up. f*cking hell man this is unreal.

image.pngut_dog.png   image.png

let your hopes and dreams turn into burning fire!

GTANet | Red Dead Network | kifflom 

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

AkshayKumar

Is it confirmed that the protagonists are dating? I think there was dialogue where Jason called Lucia baby but don't know if there's more that confirms it. 

I'm neutral maybe leaning a bit on the positive side about the protagonists, they seem alright. 

I wonder if their fate will mirror the real Bonnie and Clyde. I think if a protagonist has to go, it will be more interesting if they get incarcerated rather than get killed. 

b7Cn05l.png

Comrade Monke
1 minute ago, AkshayKumar said:

Is it confirmed that the protagonists are dating? I think there was dialogue where Jason called Lucia baby but don't know if there's more that confirms it. 

I'm neutral maybe leaning a bit on the positive side about the protagonists, they seem alright. 

I wonder if their fate will mirror the real Bonnie and Clyde. I think if a protagonist has to go, it will be more interesting if they get incarcerated rather than get killed. 

It will most likely feature multiple endings.

Also I really hope dating doesn't play a big role because that would be annoying af

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Comrade Monke said:

It will most likely feature multiple endings.

Also I really hope dating doesn't play a big role because that would be annoying af

4 minutes ago, AkshayKumar said:

I don't think it's confirmed. It just that someone mentioned that they might be inspired by Bonnie and Clyde so we infer that they must be in a relationship too. But seeing Rockstar, it is likely they might try out the criminals-in-relationship trope just like they did with the three-protagonists with switch feature in GTA V as a unique take, you know.

Edited by Ryo256
  • Like 3

AkshayKumar

It's funny that Jay Norris is now the first previous character referenced in GTA VI.

What are the odds of a returning protagonist appearance? I feel Luis and Michael(despite his optional fate) are the most likely ones but I wouldn't mind having previous protagonists just being referred to in a legendary vein sort of what Comrade Monke indicated for Tommy. 

Edited by AkshayKumar

b7Cn05l.png

JetNormalGuy

Jason reminds me alot of Ellis from Left 4 Dead 2 with the way he dresses which, If he has a southerner's accent, I hope its not gonna be a ridiculous one.

Comrade Monke
3 minutes ago, AkshayKumar said:

It's funny that Jay Norris is now the first previous character referenced in GTA VI.

What are the odds of a returning protagonist appearance? I feel Luis and Michael(despite his optional fate) are the most likely ones but I wouldn't mind having all protagonists just being referred to in a legendary vein sort of what Comrade Monke indicated for Tommy. 

I think in order to not disrupt the player's freedom and making them feel like their choice in GTA 5 didn't matter, we should only have Franklin appear in terms of GTA 5 protagonists.

As for the others, we can have Niko cameo and we can reference CJ, Tommy (even tho I would prefer a full cameo for Tommy) and Claude by name. 

Comrade Monke

I think they will at least have a line of dialogue referencing events of VC, something like "I am a convicted psychotic killer and drug dealer, I guess like Vercetti was, but it ain't the 80's no more, things have changed around here"

Edited by Comrade Monke
  • Like 1

xXxKAMIKAZExXx

I'm defiantly hyped for this game. We haven't seen a modern Vice City before, both setting and game universe. I do hope there's at least one other city or state to visit though. I miss the variety GTA: San Andreas with its three main cities, country sides and desert.

• Like 1

Comrade Monke
On 9/18/2022 at 6:30 PM, BabaFamilias said:

It looks like we get some kind of "instinct mode" like in Hitman:

---

I have mixed feelings on that, it gives me a sort of  "linear" feeling 

On 9/18/2022 at 6:32 PM, xXxKAMIKAZExXx said:

I'm defiantly hyped for this game. We haven't seen a modern Vice City before, both setting and game universe. I do hope there's at least one other city or state to visit though. I miss the variety GTA: San Andreas with its three main cities, country sides and desert.

It's unlikely we will see another city but I think vc will be big enough to satisfy all of us (even tho i prefer small to medium sized maps myself)

• Like 1

universetwisters
1 hour ago, WaiterWaiter said:

I think Jason will be someone who has rotten luck but a big heart. He won't be insane like Trevor.

Respectfully unagree. After so many gta protagonists since VCS who were crooks with a heart of gold, I want someone who revels in criminality and living outside of the law.

Also (unfortunately) I live in Florida and (unfortunately) know people who look just like Jason. He looks like the kind of guy who would  air his family’s dirty laundry on Facebook and punch out his 17 year old girlfriend for interrupting the college football game on tv 

Honestly that lootbag system might not make it in the final release IMO. Because if the GTA game is aiming to be mainstream, such a feature might be too much micro-management for the kind of players that will pick up a GTA game.

But so far the footage we seen, show a very grounded gameplay so maybe Rockstar might take the slow and tactical type of gameplay where the lootbag system would fit in. However, I do not see them making the game that complex and alienate a huge part of their players (because they want that money). I know RDR2 had little systems that player had to maintain but R* had a niche design philosophy behind that game i.e they weren't expecting it to sell in the same way as a GTA game.

Edited by Ryo256
  • Like 2

Dante De Niro
13 minutes ago, universetwisters said:

Respectfully unagree. After so many gta protagonists since VCS who were crooks with a heart of gold, I want someone who revels in criminality and living outside of the law.

Also (unfortunately) I live in Florida and (unfortunately) know people who look just like Jason. He looks like the kind of guy who would  air his family’s dirty laundry on Facebook and punch out his 17 year old girlfriend for interrupting the college football game on tv 

lol i really don't think they're going to take the abusive boyfriend protagonist way

MoodyBastard78

I'm afraid that this whole thing could be dangerous for the future of GTA VI itself, what if Rockstar piss off  and cancel the game? Its already clear that they dont care about their fanbase anymore

universetwisters
1 minute ago, Dante De Niro said:

lol i really don't think they're going to take the abusive boyfriend protagonist way

I don't think they will either and I hope they don't, I'm just saying that Jason looks like typical Florida white trash and, given that the past few GTA games had this annoying trope where the criminals are like "yea I'm a bad guy but I also have a heart of gold", I want him to be white trash and not some nice guy pretending to be a crook

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Dante De Niro said:

But they have already taken that way with their fanbase. :sadkek:

2 minutes ago, MoodyBastard78 said:

I'm afraid that this whole thing could be dangerous for the future of GTA VI itself, what if Rockstar piss off  and cancel the game? Its already clear that they dont care about their fanbase anymore

Maybe not because

Rockstar:

48s05v.gif

• KEKW 2

The Artist
8 minutes ago, universetwisters said:

I don't think they will either and I hope they don't, I'm just saying that Jason looks like typical Florida white trash and, given that the past few GTA games had this annoying trope where the criminals are like "yea I'm a bad guy but I also have a heart of gold", I want him to be white trash and not some nice guy pretending to be a crook

then he'll be just annoying to play as 

• Like 1

universetwisters
1 minute ago, The Artist said:

And a crook with a heart of gold isn't gonna be annoying? 

GTA 5 protagonists literally be like "I steal cars all the time but I'm gonna return this lady's stolen bike for her"

1 minute ago, The Artist said:

Well, tbh @universetwisters is ready to play as even a mentally handicaped person if it means he can escape the moral nagging of Rockstar. So....he's quite determined.

The Artist
2 minutes ago, universetwisters said:

And a crook with a heart of gold isn't gonna be annoying? 

GTA 5 protagonists literally be like "I steal cars all the time but I'm gonna return this lady's stolen bike for her"

those are random events and are optional for the player

universetwisters
29 minutes ago, The Artist said:

those are random events and are optional for the player

Yea but the fact that they're even an option is really dumb. It's like how Arthur in Red Dead 2 is like "I'm gonna rob people" and then turns around and is like "Strauss gtfo you steal money from people". It's just weird moral shoehorning and trying to make obviously bad people have redeemable qualities

1 hour ago, BabaFamilias said:

It looks like we get some kind of "instinct mode" like in Hitman:

Protagonist Vision, basically every game has it. Started with Assassins Creed, now it's in Hitman, Tomb Raider, Watch Dogs (kinda), Cyberpunk (kinda), Days Gone, even RDR2.