GTA 6 (Americas) leak - 90+ .mp4 footage/videos

teapotuberhacker

Tommy "Nightmare" Smith

Genuine question because I don't understand nothing about programming, why is it bad for the source code to be leaked? 

Is it because it gives away how the brain of the game work? Like, it makes it easier for hackers and cheaters to do their things? 

Holy sh*t this is a historical moment ! I can't imagine whats happening at Rockstar office this morning .. Employees will be investigeted..

cock and ball torture

someone needs to make a thread with all the new gameplay features that are discernible from this footage and pics

I do hope that people realise this footage will be ripped apart and destroyed by the fanatics and zealots like the Halo Infinite footage was and will likely lead to a delay as R* patches up the holes hundreds of thousands of people hound them over as well as leading to an internal investigation that will delay the game until the leak is found.

Was a six month to a year delay worth it?

10 minutes ago, Almamu said:

It would not, leaking the source code would not have much to do with the game's release or development. There's been situations in the past where the code was leaked and it meant nothing, so I don't think It'd be different for this one

Oh really? Here's a couple of quotes from this story detailing the impact similar leaks had on the development of Half Life 2 (which is only a single player game that doesn't really need to worry about hackers): 

The damage had already been done. At Valve no one knew what the code theft meant for a project that had been through its fair share of twists and turns. Would this unthinkable crime derail the game? Newell had no idea how to measure the impact of what had just happened. And worse, the team members--the people who had spent more than four years tirelessly working on the game--were absolutely crushed to see their unfinished work exposed to millions.

Newell also had to keep his team focused on the task at hand: finishing Half-Life 2, a game that was now costing Valve more than $1 million a month to develop. While there was no way the game could be finished in 2003, Newell wanted to make sure the project didn't lose momentum. "We lost a fair amount of time because of the theft," he says. But that lost time wasn't necessarily because the game had to be reprogrammed. It was more due to the team losing focus for a number of weeks. "It was sort of like running this race and you fall down," he says. "You eventually get back up and probably run just as fast as you did before. But for a while you are stunned and just staring around, wondering what just happened."

Mind you, HL2 is obviously a small game in scale when compared to GTA6, with no need to worry about online integrity. To say leaks like this have no impact on game development is plain stupid.

• Like 3

Just now, droxcy said:

Lol if his location is correct then they have no way of getting him. 

Also it's insane the amount of smooth brains still posting that it could be fake or too good to be fake bro lmao

imo the thread should be locked. its getting flooded with the same messages.

also rip to rockstars IR team lol its early in the morning for them

3 hours ago, universetwisters said:

wtf even with the Nintendo characters and asset flipped cars and unreal engine lighting?

based, i hope i can play as isabelle or lucario.

1 minute ago, JamesG said:

The fact that this is still up 5 hours later... Fake. 

The Mega.nz link has already cut down some of the files. 
It's at 56 of 90.

• Like 2

Here to comment on this legendary, historic night. Oh how it's been so great. 

Edited by EMANWuZHeRe

I had to be a part of this Historic moment!! This is one of the biggest leak in all of gaming history! This would become a great bedtime story for my kids!

Is there gonna be any leaks for scripts or stuff like that ?
i know there are a lot of people that would love to see those !

1 minute ago, JamesG said:

The fact that this is still up 5 hours later... Fake. 

if it's still up in a few hours then you might have a point...it's early morning in NY.

Just now, hernos2 said:

Holy sh*t this is a historical moment ! I can't imagine whats happening at Rockstar office this morning .. Employees will be investigeted..

very tense atmosphere in office lol

Just now, nightmare-slain said:

if it's still up in a few hours then you might have a point...it's early morning in NY.

Apparently some of the mega files are disappearing, don't know that for a fact though 

13 minutes ago, GTA-Freak-Vi said:

Detailed car interiors got me hyped

The adjustable seats and steering wheel position is interesting, I wonder if these will be adjustable or just something characters do automatically

• Like 1

The decade old 'Most Online: 15,349  members' has finally been broken thanks to teapotuberhacker. User needs a forum award I say. 

JP0cYXG.png

1 minute ago, nightmare-slain said:

its 5am in ny but IR teams are known to work when needed. even in early hours

10 minutes ago, Waverippers said:

I really wouldn't want to be at the Rockstar Games studio in the morning, you just know people are going to get yelled at beyond belief 

%D0%BA%D1%80%D0%B8%D0%BA-scream.gif

• KEKW 2