Is Claude the "mascot" of GTA?

Comrade Monke

He is cross-universe and also referenced in pretty much every 3D universe and HD Universe game. Rockstar even has action figures of him. Can he be considered the GTA series mascot?

I wouldn't say a mascot, just a prominent figure, he has a bunch of references and little cameos of him because GTA III was the first MASSIVE HIT from Rockstar Games that also made GTA as a series popular, so they're paying hommage to its protagonist.

• Like 1

On 9/14/2022 at 1:53 AM, Comrade Monke said:

He is cross-universe and also referenced in pretty much every 3D universe and HD Universe game.

*smartass mode on* As far as I know only in GTA2, GTA III, GTA SA and GTA Online. That's often compared to other characters, but not pretty much every GTA Game. ;) *smartass mode off*

In my eyes he is not the GTA mascot, but he is still legendary. As JetNormalGuy wrote, he's the face of Rockstar Games' first big hit. 

oWCVl1l.png

Like the classic GTA games?          Play The Chain Game!

17 hours ago, Stahli said:

*smartass mode on* As far as I know only in GTA2, GTA III, GTA SA and GTA Online. That's often compared to other characters, but not pretty much every GTA Game. ;) *smartass mode off*

In my eyes he is not the GTA mascot, but he is still legendary. As JetNormalGuy wrote, he's the face of Rockstar Games' first big hit. 

Also, in GTA IV, by getting Playboy X's residence, Niko can change in an outfit quite similar to Claude's.

• 1 month later...