2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

[MP] - ACT II DEMO IS OUT! | Contact Invader

Martin_Strada

Martin_Strada

6ZtTVse.gif

ON HOLD

DISCLAIMER:

The mission pack's development has been stopped due to the lost progress of my designed missions. I will re-design the missions when I'll have enough patience and enough time. That means, Chapter 2 has been delayed and won't be released in January. Sorry for the inconvenience.

screen.jpg

''Every utility is a weapon...''

DEVELOPED WITH DYOM IX, PLAYING WITH DYOM V8 OR WITH DYOM REd WILL NOT WORK AND WILL RESULT AS A CRASH.

THEME SONG

DISCLAIMER

The time has come and thought about doing something that I haven't finished for years. Yes, you might think that I'm a fanatic of military themed missions, looks really familiar as Modern Warfare, but it's cool to look and make a mission pack with the same effect that it had from first person shooters, etc. Before we start I just wanna say that this mission pack is gonna be heavily modified with skins, weapon sounds, map mods, CLEO mods. I have no responsibility of ruining your GTA SA, not knowing how you messed it up, why it crashes, etc. Best advice for newcomers would be to install a modloader. Mod Loader is an ASI Plugin for GTA SA that adds an easy way to install and uninstall your modifications, without even messing around anything in your game installation. Also having fastman's Limit Adjuster makes tedious situations better and avoidable. You can get the mods by pressing a link here

Be advised, more mods will be added due a release of new mission chapters, with new variations.

PLOT

The people of the San Andreas are massively rioting in the streets, because of the crisis caused by the dangerous hostiles who organized the coup in LS, SF, and LV to show what ''war'' truly means for them. The mission series follows a USMC ranger, FBI, SWAT forces, and  Black Squad as they team up with Russian loyalists/peacekeepers from the states of San Andreas, combating together against a fundamentalist group of people who have invaded the state and Chinese mercenaries with the help of Chernenko's mercenaries,  ultra-nationalists. The mercenaries have planned to ignite a global conflict crisis between all the superpowers and make Russia a superior target for an economy. 

ACHIEVEMENTS

I'm Faster Than You

In a mission ''Fog of War'', kill a machine gunner using a one bullet with a sniper rifle

Gentle Cop
In a mission ''Calton Heights'', kill an enemy who's covering him a lady in front in a ZIP store.

A True Shadow

Finish ''Embedded In'' mission in less than 7-9 minutes.

Not A Blind Chicken

Finish ''Fog of War'' and ''Killhouse'' without using nightvision goggles.

Personal ASAP

In ''Overkill (2)'' mission. Kill more than 10 enemies in a first turret mode section.

MORE WILL BE COMING SOON.

CHARACTERS

Graves

He is an trained operative of the Special Activities Division of the CIA embedded with the United States Marine Corps and operates alongside Black Squad as a liaison to the organization.

Commander William

He was born in Vice City. Commander believes that past is prologue, witnessing both diplomatic and military failures in the war on terror, his  tradecraft is largely dedicated to breaking this repetitive cycle. William has a master's degree in strategic intelligence analysis and studied Near East linguistics at the American University of Jerusalem. 

General Alex

Alex is the highest ranking officer in the United States Marine Corps.

Lieutenant General Mills

Mills is a long living member of the San Andreas and is a commanding officer in Warcom.

Sam Christopher

Captain in the 22nd SWAT. Peerless combat tracker. Elite seek-and-strike expert. Specializing in unconventional warfare, Sam is a target-focused war fighter who deploys a cut to the chase lethality.

Russell L. Shockley

Russell is a FBI operative and a sergeant of 6th SWAT forces. He was enlisted in the San Andreas Army in 1999, spending four years participating in test flights, jump competition and marksmanship before passing selection for Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT), where he is currently serving as a Sergeant for his sixth year. Tasked to Mexico, Bosnia, Serbia, Iraq, Afghanistan and Syria. Shockley has spent the better part of his career hunting terrorist fighters.

Kirill Slipchenko

An exceptional soldier who has known a lifetime of war, Kirill Slipchenko is the founder and commander of the Russian Loyalist Forces. His combat capabilities and fieldcraft have been further honed by USMC and the CIA.

Pavel Gruzovosky

Pavel is a fighter in the Russian Loyalist Force, serving as a combat Lieutenant, reporting directly to the commander Kirill.

Andrei Chernenko

Chernenko is a rogue Russian army general, who leads an army of mercenaries to make the best profit possible by maintaining control of San Andreas countrysides, in order to protect his company from invaders.

MORE WILL BE COMING SOON.

FACTIONS

Allies:

USMC (United States Marine Corps)

Spoiler

gallery63.jpg

2012-09-27 taken photo by the U.S. reserves during the intervention in the desert.

USMC is the maritime land force service branch of the United States Armed Forces responsible for conducting expeditionary and amphibious operations, through combined arms, implementing its own infantry, artillery, aerial, and special operations forces.

S.W.A.T. (Special Weapons and Tactics)

Spoiler

gallery67.jpg

2000-11-03 taken photo by a journalist before the arrest of a drug dealer in SF.

S.W.A.T. is a police tactical unit that uses specialized or military equipment and tactics confronting criminals.

F.B.I. (Federal Bureau of Investigation)

Spoiler

gallery65.jpg

2007-05-09 taken photo by the FBI department after Russell's promotion.

FBI is the domestic intelligence and security service of the United States and its principal federal law enforcement agency.

Black Squad

Spoiler

20221016141109_1.jpg

(CLASSIFIED) photo taken by (CLASSIFIED), planning an ops in the docks.

Black Squad was formed at some point prior to the proxy war in San Andreas. Black Squad are composed of the remnants of the U.S. Special Operations Forces.

US Navy SEALs (ACT II)

SEALs are the U.S. Navy's primary special operations force and a component of the Naval Special Warfare Command. Among the SEALs' main functions are conducting small-unit special operation missions in maritime, jungle, urban, arctic, mountainous, and desert environments.

Russian Liberation Loyalist Force

Spoiler

gallery68.jpg

1999-09-25 photo taken by the Russians who've fled from their country and found themselves in SA.

It's a resistance organization based in the countryside. Formed in response to the tensions by Russia and it's mercenaries, the Liberation Force roughly consists of a group of over 1,500 volunteer freedom fighters who are determined to free San Andreas from foreign subjugation and to combat the domestic terrorist organization known as Alramat Mubasharatan.

Enemies:

Alramat Mubasharatan

Spoiler

gallery62.jpg

2011-06-15 photo taken by a propaganda television after a successful coup.

A terrorist insurgent organization: ''The Straight Shooters'' who invades the middle east with their sovereignty, they fight without any sorrow, they are making some agreements with ultranationalist forces. Rahim el-Yusuf is the charge of the terrorist organization. Their attacks are meant to show al-haqiqa, a 'truth'. They don't kill in the dark and throw the body in the sea. They show ''war'' to the world.

Chernenko's Forces

Spoiler

gallery59.jpg

1993-12-09 photo taken by the mercenaries in the Balkans.

It is a rogue division-sized unit of the Russian Ground Forces led by General Andrei Chernenko. Armed forces consists of mercenaries who carry out his brutal agenda to oppress San Andreas.

Chinese Mercenaries

Spoiler

gallery64.jpg

2022-05-21 photo taken by the Chinese in the US.

They are a weapon smuggling and gunrunning criminal organization sent by the Chinese government to found US' secrets and expose the entire state to fulfil crisis in US.

KNOWN ISSUES 

Spoiler

1ST MISSION

- While getting inside of a building in a first mission, the weather can get buggy by blinding your camera, covering your screen in blue or whatever color. That's because the weather is only used and built for darkness effect. (silentpatch fixes it)

- Yes, the planes in the countryside flying around are scripted.

2ND MISSION

- Not leaving the truck whenever the mission is telling you to might result in as ''mission failed'' and possibly.... a crash (well for me it happened at least 5 times until I found out what is the problem.). Make sure to leave the truck whenever the mission is telling you to. (FIXED)

3RD MISSION

- SD file might not play due to afx.cs suffering problems with the other SD mission files. The 3rd mission's SD file can even play in the 4th mission or it could play two songs at the same time. If you hear this problem, restart DYOM.

7TH MISSION

- I still think that this mission is one of the most buggiest in this mission pack, because this piece of sh*t called RCXD could black screen your game if you're playing without frame limiter or with 60fps mods. Playing with 30fps fixes the problem, HOWEVER you can only control the RCXD, but not yourself. If you shoot something while being stuck in your viewmodel, game crashes.

8TH MISSION

- Helicopter's routepoints can be broken sometimes, try to shoot the heli more with a minigun. It's a bulletproof.

9TH MISSION

- Ball actor occurs in the last action sequence. After killing all of the enemies - it ends right after you kill every enemy.

10TH MISSION

- While getting inside of a building, the weather can get buggy by blinding your camera, covering your screen in blue or whatever color. That's because the weather is only used and built for darkness effect. (silentpatch fixes it).

DOWNLOAD NOW

ACT I: PROXY WAR IS RELEASED

ACT I: PROXY WAR

1. Fog of War

2. Compartmentalized

3. Calton Heights

4. Take the Gloves Off.

5. Embedded In

6. All Dusted Up

7. Overkill

8. Overkill (2)

9. Retaliation

10. Killhouse

11. ''How far will you go?''

ACT II: THE ONLY EASY DAY WAS YESTERDAY

1. Stay frosty

2. Death Above

3. Hunting Squad

4. Eyes on a Ridge

5. -

6. -

7. -

8. -

ACT III: OLD COMRADES

1. -

2. -

3. -

4. -

5. -

6. -

7. -

8. -

PERSONAL ISSUES

The development might take a while since studying is almost there and I will have a rare time of designing missions, so try to understand my frustration and I'll try my best to finish it at my estimated time.

Thanks for playing, make sure to give it a review on my topic here! :D

TOPIC IS STILL WORKING AS INTENDED AND MIGHT GET CHANGED SOONER OR LATER.

Edited by Martin_Strada

Martin_Strada

ANOTHER DISCLAIMER: Now that many people look into politics and say this isn't realistic enough is an understandable arguement. I'm in no chance of trying to show a political, manipulated scenes(just like what's going on now in Ukraine or in any video game that promotes Russia being a terrorist, genocidal country, etc.). It can work in some gritty situations, but not as much as when you predict everything correctly.

1 minute ago, MassM said:

Amazing amigo

Looking forward to play it :panic:

Stay tuned. Act I might possibly come this month or next 2 weeks, can't promise anything though, but SOON. :D

26 minutes ago, Martin_Strada said:

ANOTHER DISCLAIMER: Now that many people look into politics and say this isn't realistic enough is an understandable arguement. I'm in no chance of trying to show a political, manipulated scenes(just like what's going on now in Ukraine or in any video game that promotes Russia being a terrorist, genocidal country, etc.). It can work in some gritty situations, but not as much as when you predict everything correctly.

Stay tuned. Act I might possibly come this month or next 2 weeks, can't promise anything though, but SOON. :D

Yeah I understand that, but I'm that kind of politician.

I will be waiting for it

• Like 1

Martin_Strada
8 minutes ago, bingo201 said:

Are you going to create more acts than 3?

Well I will let you decide on this one. :)

8 minutes ago, Martin_Strada said:

Well I will let you decide on this one. :)

I seek MP that good like The King Of Los Santos :)

• Like 1

Martin_Strada
1 minute ago, bingo201 said:

I seek MP that good like The King Of Los Santos :)

Thank you very much. Although I highly doubt if this mission pack gonna be any longer than The King of LS, because it had some driving, lengthy frustrations, etc. I don't want to do this, :D so I'll try to make it more fair.

3 minutes ago, Martin_Strada said:

Thank you very much. Although I highly doubt if this mission pack gonna be any longer than The King of LS, because it had some driving, lengthy frustrations, etc. I don't want to do this, :D so I'll try to make it more fair.

Ok i know this long mission packs are frustrating to making but i let you know i like large MP's with good and long story with good story telling.  

Edited by bingo201

Martin_Strada

Honestly whenever I think of King of Los Santos. I always think of remaking it or atleast remaster it due to issues that this storyline has, but can't promise anything. :D

12 minutes ago, bingo201 said:

Ok i know this long mission packs are frustrating to making but i let you know i like large MP's with good and long story with good story telling.  

50 minutes ago, Martin_Strada said:

Honestly whenever I think of King of Los Santos. I always think of remaking it or atleast remaster it due to issues that this storyline has, but can't promise anything. :D

Okay Martin i hope you remaster King of Los Santos or create a sequel. :)

Damn Martin, he is back it again with another military-themed mission pack.

I would get it a try once Chapter 1 is completed. Wish you all the best for designing this MP.

Very excited to try out the demo and the story is very extraordinary, can't wait to play it.

• Best Bru 2

Martin_Strada
5 hours ago, EddyIr said:

Damn Martin, he is back it again with another military-themed mission pack.

I would get it a try once Chapter 1 is completed. Wish you all the best for designing this MP.

I'm back with it indeed. Although I had an hard time finishing them all or leaving most of the projects unfinished, I assure you that's not gonna happen. Mostly I used to dump the projects due to lack of passion into storytelling and character design. Those mechanics still matter to me and it will always matter for not only me, but for all of us.

About Act I, well there goes a complicated situation.... I thought it was an ok idea to make an act have only 7-8 missions, because having Part 1,2,3s in the same act can be a misleading variety. Expect the first chapter coming out soon, because 4 missions didn't got leaked yet, because of the polishing and numerous glitches. Thank you very much.

P.S. mods can change after the full release of Act I.

4 hours ago, Yasir_RFL said:

Very excited to try out the demo and the story is very extraordinary, can't wait to play it.

Thank you. Feedback is always welcome and it lets me encourage of improving things... years later. :D

Edited by Martin_Strada

Martin_Strada

NEW POLL HAS BEEN ADDED. Polls makes me help wondering what am I doing wrong with the mission design, why is it so flawed and so on. That's why I made a poll for you to get interested by the development of a mission pack.

More polls will be added. :)

Been meaning to slap in a military pack to play. I'll take my time to play through this when a good portion is completed. Expect a review.

Good luck.

• Best Bru 1

Martin_Strada
33 minutes ago, M.B. Kovas said:

Been meaning to slap in a military pack to play. I'll take my time to play through this when a good portion is completed. Expect a review.

Good luck.

I always thought that having Blackout Section and War of San Andreas into a mix would be magnificent. I'll try my best to make my MP more character based and entertaining. Thanks :D

Martin_Strada

DEVELOPMENT OVERVIEW #1 - 2022-08-10

SHORT UPDATE - The development of Act I is still active, however it takes some time to flesh everything out. 

New CLEO mods will also be there in new missions. Expect them when the Act I gets released.

I had some of the ideas to add to improve the replayability of a mission pack. By that I add achievements and probably still thinking of developing Hard mode. Achievements are the best way to beat all missions properly. It's mostly built for experienced players who are hooked into other mission packs. I can't show the achievements right now, because the Act I has not been finished yet. You could post me a proof for finishing that achievement. Now about the hard mode. Hard mode includes alot of different variations into missions. Most of the changed things are accuracy, scarce ammo, friends have less HP. The option can be removed, because some of the missions can be not really easy comparing to the others.

Let's get into the release date, which is most likely the biggest topic that everyone is hyped about. Now that Act I is almost done and expected to be uploaded on DYOM website. The release date of Act I could possibly be on August 15th, 2022 or a bit later. The first chapter of the mission pack contains 11 missions (10 if we would not count the outro mission). If there won't be any problems regarding the bullsh*ttery that could sometimes occur in DYOM, the release of the first act could arrive earlier, but as of now. Most of the progress needs to be fixed and polished for a better experience.

And of course I could not forget the new screenshots that I made for this mission pack. More will be coming soon.

Spoiler

gallery40.jpg

gallery45.jpg

gallery42.jpg?width=1202&height=676

gallery43.jpg

gallery47.jpg?width=1202&height=676

Edited by Martin_Strada

Martin_Strada

screen.jpg

ACT I: PROXY WAR

1. Fog of War

2. Compartmentalized

3. Calton Heights

4. Take the Gloves Off.

5. Embedded In

6. All Dusted Up

7. Overkill

8. Overkill (2)

9. Retaliation

10. Killhouse

11. ''How far will you go?''

The full Act I has been fully released, now that I have done it. I have more hopes for people to play a full release of a chapter. Make sure to read KNOWN ISSUES before trying to play the mission pack or if you find something buggy or weird.

P.S. LINK OF MODS HAS BEEN UPDATED.

CONTACT INVADER MODS (UPDATED)

Edited by Martin_Strada

Martin_Strada

Contact Invader - Update v0.1.1 HOTFIX

- MG nest has been nerfed from accuracy 100 to 25.

- The darkness effect however hasn't been fixed properly, but silentpatch fixes it.

- Got alot of complains about the crashes and found out that it was SAMPobjects that was crashing it. The missions that had SAMPobjects got changed and SAMP built objects got removed from a mission pack.

- Crashes were seen mostly on Compartmentalized, Overkill, Overkill (2) missions, because they were built with SAMPobjects addon.

More updates will be published soon.

Edited by Martin_Strada

Martin_Strada

Contact Invader - Update v0.1.2 HOTFIX

- Fixed a crash in Calton Heights mission whenever you go to a ZIP store and it crashes the game. 

- To avoid more crashes in the game IIVCSALimitAdjuster also got added in mods package.

More updates will be published soon.

Edited by Martin_Strada
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished playing it

Amazing gameplay and awesome sound tracks man, I liked everything in this act, hopefully we will see more like this, keep up

PS: my favorite mission is Retaliation because using an airstrike 

• Best Bru 1

Martin_Strada
20 minutes ago, MassM said:

Just finished playing it

Amazing gameplay and awesome sound tracks man, I liked everything in this act, hopefully we will see more like this, keep up

PS: my favorite mission is Retaliation because using an airstrike 

Much obliged, more of the stuff will come in Chapter 2. It's gonna be wilder and longer. :D

• 1 month later...
Martin_Strada

I'm officially back at the project.

SMALL PREVIEW OF ACT II.

Spoiler

gallery56.jpg

gallery58.jpg

gallery53.jpg

gallery51.jpg

gallery55.jpg

Fanatic of military themed mission packs is only a positive trait, mon ami. I'll play this shortly!

• Like 1

Alright! Going to keep this short and sweet as we await for more missions, but;

First of all I've got to say the set pieces are extremely impressive and innovative. Can't imagine how much time you've spent making and setting up the environment. The soundtrack also helps with the atmosphere, good choices. Also impressed with your use of the tactical jargon, I felt right at home. It was anyway general enough to not make it hard to understand for someone not familiar with it, I'd assume. The gameplay is creative and uses a lot of features I didn't even know exist, good designing. There were a few errors throughout, like teammates not moving with me etc etc. Could be just chance, could be an actual bug who knows, thought to mention anyway. Good choices with the mods and skins, although, that brings me to one of my major downsides...

I had big trouble distinguishing who's who at times. You've created an immersive story with lots of factions and I'm sure you have mapped them out greatly, but the fact that some of the factions use multiple different skins most of which are very similar to each other made it hard to keep up. This could be something to establish more within the next arcs in the story. The story is very complex and a little foreword here and there about who's fighting who would help tremendously as well.

Nonetheless like said very impressed with the design and happy to see some familiar jargon, hits right at home for me. Keep it up, can't wait for more!

• Like 1

Martin_Strada
2 minutes ago, Notna said:

Alright! Going to keep this short and sweet as we await for more missions, but;

First of all I've got to say the set pieces are extremely impressive and innovative. Can't imagine how much time you've spent making and setting up the environment. The soundtrack also helps with the atmosphere, good choices. Also impressed with your use of the tactical jargon, I felt right at home. It was anyway general enough to not make it hard to understand for someone not familiar with it, I'd assume. The gameplay is creative and uses a lot of features I didn't even know exist, good designing. There were a few errors throughout, like teammates not moving with me etc etc. Could be just chance, could be an actual bug who knows, thought to mention anyway. Good choices with the mods and skins, although, that brings me to one of my major downsides...

I had big trouble distinguishing who's who at times. You've created an immersive story with lots of factions and I'm sure you have mapped them out greatly, but the fact that some of the factions use multiple different skins most of which are very similar to each other made it hard to keep up. This could be something to establish more within the next arcs in the story. The story is very complex and a little foreword here and there about who's fighting who would help tremendously as well.

Nonetheless like said very impressed with the design and happy to see some familiar jargon, hits right at home for me. Keep it up, can't wait for more!

First of all, I just wanna say thank you very much for playing my missions and giving feedback. At first, I thought, this mission pack will be a negative bag since it requires a lot of modifications to download, and visual bugs that got fixed in the meantime.

Some of the moving problems can be bugged most of the time since I used a lot of objects that peds could not react to it or it's an AI of the main game. Yes, the story is complex with the big amount of factions that I've added to this mission pack. I've tried making the world of this story look more alive since this MP doesn't only take place in San Fierro, the countryside, etc. I also had some complaints saying that they almost look the same on the frontlines like for example (SPOILER FOR THOSE WHO HAVEN'T PLAYED):

Spoiler

in the first mission of ''Fog of War'', every contact and your allies use black uniforms and people had a difficult time understanding it. I tried changing the SWAT skin so that people could see his open elbow as an ''ally''. 

also for some reason, Russian Loyalist forces' skin looks dark, even though it's supposed to be greeny.

I think the major complaint about the skins was that there are so many skins with black clothes that it gets repetitive to encounter.  I will update the main page of the topic in the meanwhile so that it could be possible to understand who's an enemy and who's an ally.

Once again, thank you very much for describing the praises and flaws of the mission pack so far. More will come, of course, it's also hard to predict when Act II will come since my daily schedule has changed, and can't finish it all in ''one week''. I'll try my best to take some time for the next chapter and I hope it won't be a waste of time designing since I'm having a lot of fun making these missions with loads of modifications lol.

Martin_Strada

ACT II DEMO is out.

There were some numerous changes in to a mission pack's folder. Numerous mods got changed, such as audiofx, blood splatter, map mods, weapon.dat files and new actor skins. You can download a new package of mods here. It will be changed again until Act II is gonna be fully released.