2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Would you give up 6 years of your life to play GTA VI right now?

D T

Would you give up 6 years of your life to play GTA VI right now?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Would you give up 6 years of your life to play right now?

• Yes
    • No

Would you? I've been thinking about this a lot lately and it's a tricky question. Would you throw away 6 years of your life to have a finished copy of GTA VI in your hands right now?

It may seem like an easy NO at first, but if you think about it, you could die well before this game ever releases. A car could even run you over in the GameStop parking lot on release night. I personally think I'd take the deal. The average life expectancy is around 70, and well, living past that point doesn't sound too exciting. I don't think I'd mind shaving a few years off my life if it meant I'll be enjoying the game in my prime. That being said, it's still quite risky as there's a chance I have far less time than that left, say for instance I'm destined to develop a terminal illness and pass away in my 20s. 6 years could mean a lot or nothing depending on the person.

In this hypothetical, everyone would be given the same choice as you. Therefore, your friends and family could potentially be playing the game without you, meaning you miss out on quality time together. Content creators would basically be forced to oblige, along with those keen on avoiding spoilers.

What say you?

Hell no, life is worth living. This question is like when Homer Simpson sold his sold to the devil for a doughnut. 6 years is too much to give up. Way too much.

70 is old, but people in their 70s and even their 80s are still able to live life, man. My mum used to do her gardening for hours upon hours in her 70s while having terminal cancer. The only way her old age affected her was that she had to take breaks more often. I wish I had 6 more years with my mum.

After 6 months of playing it you're really going to want them years back. Trust me, as you get older you realise how fast time really goes, it's honestly scary. 

Imagine just waking up 6 years older, I'd be depressed af. Lol

• Like 9

Nothing is worth throwing away 6 years of your life. Time is more precious than anything else

Edited by MrBreak16

If you're perfectly willing to give up half a decade of your life for some game, you'd definitely have some personal demons that need to be addressed tbh.

• KEKW 3

HELL NO!

In that 6 years I will make my own GTA with everything I want in a game you crazy bro.

I had the tought of dying years ago when I felt depressed but now HELL NO I wanna keep on living to see them flying cars, mars colonies, And robot taking over with alien spaceships landing on earth unless there is life after death then maybe...

• Like 2

not. The truth is, waiting so long for this game is what makes us so excited about it. I just hope he lives up to expectations

16 hours ago, D T said:

Você iria? Eu tenho pensado muito sobre isso ultimamente e é uma pergunta complicada. Você jogaria fora 6 anos de sua vida para ter uma cópia finalizada de GTA VI em suas mãos agora?

Pode parecer um NÃO fácil no começo, mas se você pensar sobre isso, você pode morrer bem antes que este jogo seja lançado. Um carro pode até atropelar você no estacionamento da GameStop na noite de lançamento. Eu pessoalmente acho que aceitaria o acordo. A expectativa média de vida é de cerca de 70 anos e, bem, viver além desse ponto não parece muito emocionante. Acho que não me importaria de tirar alguns anos da minha vida se isso significasse que vou aproveitar o jogo no meu auge. Dito isto, ainda é bastante arriscado, pois há uma chance de eu ter muito menos tempo do que o restante, digamos, por exemplo, que estou destinado a desenvolver uma doença terminal e falecer aos 20 anos. 6 anos pode significar muito ou nada dependendo da pessoa.

Nesta hipótese, todos teriam a mesma escolha que você. Portanto, seus amigos e familiares podem estar jogando sem você, o que significa que você perde tempo de qualidade juntos. Os criadores de conteúdo basicamente seriam forçados a obedecer, junto com aqueles que desejam evitar spoilers.

O que diz você?

damn man, if you were about to die, the last thing you would do is play GTA 6? Think of your family, friends, looking at life from another perspective and realizing the best in it, appreciating the simple things would be better than playing a little game

• Like 1

16 hours ago, D T said:

Would you? I've been thinking about this a lot lately and it's a tricky question. Would you throw away 6 years of your life to have a finished copy of GTA VI in your hands right now?

It may seem like an easy NO at first, but if you think about it, you could die well before this game ever releases. A car could even run you over in the GameStop parking lot on release night. I personally think I'd take the deal. The average life expectancy is around 70, and well, living past that point doesn't sound too exciting. I don't think I'd mind shaving a few years off my life if it meant I'll be enjoying the game in my prime. That being said, it's still quite risky as there's a chance I have far less time than that left, say for instance I'm destined to develop a terminal illness and pass away in my 20s. 6 years could mean a lot or nothing depending on the person.

In this hypothetical, everyone would be given the same choice as you. Therefore, your friends and family could potentially be playing the game without you, meaning you miss out on quality time together. Content creators would basically be forced to oblige, along with those keen on avoiding spoilers.

What say you?

Where is this coming from man? Seek help. It's not normal to think like this. No game is worth shaving 6 years of your life off for it.

• Like 2
  • Realistic Steak! 1

Ricardo 👨 | Kacey 👩‍🦰 | Rose 🌹 | GTA VI 🌴

Swamps 🏞️ | Mountains ⛰️

I'm unlike most people here, where i'd like to die. So, cutting 6 years away and playing a (hopefully) neat game might be nice.

Definitely not. 6 years is a very long time and a lot of things could happen. Heck, 5 years ago I was in a different county just minding my business and vibing away. Now I'm married with one kid and another one due sometime next week. Life is worth living

I think the lot of you are great, and I understand the concern, but I urge you to reconsider the amount of time you spend here, speculating about this game. If you were to count the hours spent browsing this forum over the years, it'd likely add up to months of time wasted. If you combine that with the days wasted playing previous games in the series, it could very well mean you've already given a year of your life to this franchise. Even the cash you spent to buy the devices needed to play these games took days of hard work. As I write this, I am giving up precious moments of my own life to get a point across, and I'm happy to do so. It seems this question is only alarming to those unaware of their own choices. 

Each day we are asked this same question in everything we do. We binge TV shows, eat unhealthy foods, damage our lungs with smoke, browse social media, refuse to exercise, work extra hours. All of it for short term pleasure that is killing us in the long term, neglecting our loved ones in the process. Studies have shown a simple change in diet alone could potentially add 13 years to your life. I don't think any of this is necessarily a bad thing mind you, as the enjoyment we get out of it is what matters, and we're only human after all. If giving up a bit of my future for GTA VI means having a swell time tonight with those closest to me, then so be it. There is nothing but the present. Tomorrow will never be here, so live for today.

Edited by D T
  • Like 2
  • Bonk! 1

GTA Plus Enjoyer
21 hours ago, D T said:

It may seem like an easy NO at first, but if you think about it, you could die well before this game ever releases. A car could even run you over in the GameStop parking lot on release night

Look at it from another perspective.

The game will be out in 2024-2025. What if you were destined to die in like 2028 which is 6 years from now? You take the deal, life shortened by 6 years, you die in 2022. Sad momento :jkek:

I have better proposal you spend six years playing only GTA VI on daily basis, if you get copy straight away without knowing anything.

I can be best experience ever, or worse experience than gulag.

:kekw:

José_Sócrates

I'm depressed and even I wouldn't pick this option. 6 years? That's an entire phase of your life, man. It's a different you. I don't even know if 6 year older version of me would enjoy playing GTA. How would this even work, cutting 6 years of your life, which rules and conditions? Why would you even ask this question? How much has our consumerist society conditioned our minds for someone to even consider something like this to the point of presenting an argument in favour of it? I can't even process this . Jesus. How bland and empty is your life? Some things I read online just make me lose faith in everything. Proud of these forums for the answer being 100% no as of now.

• Like 1

Algonquin Assassin

Not a chance.

Family is more important than a video game. 

• Like 1

GTA IV Signature V4 by Lettermaniac on DeviantArt

I wouldn't even throw away a day

K2yjoYK.png

This is one of the weirdest but also deepest topics I've seen in this section lmao

• Like 1
  • KEKW 2

image.pngut_dog.png   image.png

let your hopes and dreams turn into burning fire!

GTANet | Red Dead Network | kifflom 

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

The best thing about a Grand Theft Auto release is the speculation and analysis once it’s announced. Why would you ever want to rush to the release and lose all that? Especially giving up 6 years!? :kekw:

• Realistic Steak! 1

Algonquin Assassin
1 hour ago, Spider-Vice said:

This is one of the weirdest but also deepest topics I've seen in this section lmao

Still doesn’t hold a candle to the dude who “accidentally” deleted Luis in the GTA IV forum though.😛

GTA IV Signature V4 by Lettermaniac on DeviantArt

2 hours ago, Algonquin Assassin said:

Still doesn’t hold a candle to the dude who “accidentally” deleted Luis in the GTA IV forum though.😛

Oh lord lmao.

• Best Bru 1

image.pngut_dog.png   image.png

let your hopes and dreams turn into burning fire!

GTANet | Red Dead Network | kifflom 

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

16 hours ago, José_Sócrates said:

I'm depressed and even I wouldn't pick this option. 6 years? That's an entire phase of your life, man. It's a different you. I don't even know if 6 year older version of me would enjoy playing GTA. How would this even work, cutting 6 years of your life, which rules and conditions? Why would you even ask this question? How much has our consumerist society conditioned our minds for someone to even consider something like this to the point of presenting an argument in favour of it? I can't even process this . Jesus. How bland and empty is your life? Some things I read online just make me lose faith in everything. Proud of these forums for the answer being 100% no as of now.

Not anymore, look again.