3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Tommy Vercetti

Comrade Monke

6 hours ago, Dick Justice said:

There will probably some mention of a "legend" who took over the town back in the 80's, but I doubt they'll drop his name. 

yeah, turn him into a legend just like they did with Red Harlow in Red Dead Redemption

They could reference some iconic phrase from GTA Vice City, just like they did with San Andreas in GTA 5. For example, somewhere in the game it could have written "TVRTN" referencing "Tommy Vercetti, Remember The Name!"

• Like 2

During the events of gta vi tommy would be like 80 and he will be dead but i think it would be cool if they referenced him in a news article or a documentary on a tv show in-game and show the mansion and whether someone took over it or something. at least bring back his clothes to buy from the shop

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Grov71 said:

During the events of gta vi tommy would be like 80 and he will be dead but i think it would be cool if they referenced him in a news article or a documentary on a tv show in-game and show the mansion and whether someone took over it or something. at least bring back his clothes to buy from the shop

Maybe have a poster advertising a movie like "Tommy Vercetti: a true story" and you can actually watch it in the cinema? Based on Tommy Vercetti's life and you can see footage from vice city that in-game lore wise "accurately depicts how the famous gangster took over the city during the 80's and kept his power until his death a few years before.

1 minute ago, Comrade Monke said:

Maybe have a poster advertising a movie like "Tommy Vercetti: a true story" and you can actually watch it in the cinema? Based on Tommy Vercetti's life and you can see footage from vice city that in-game lore wise "accurately depicts how the famous gangster took over the city during the 80's and kept his power until his death a few years before.

Ago*

29 minutes ago, Comrade Monke said:

That could work. Make Tommy into a Tony Montana Scarface figure like in real life where people have posters of him, rappers have lyrics of him, People wearing shirts with Tommy's face etc...

36 minutes ago, Zello said:

That could work. Make Tommy into a Tony Montana Scarface figure like in real life where people have posters of him, rappers have lyrics of him, People wearing shirts with Tommy's face etc...

And since in-universe lorewise Tommy is a real figure he can also be an in-universe Henry Hill.

17 minutes ago, Comrade Monke said:

And since in-universe lorewise Tommy is a real figure he can also be an in-universe Henry Hill.

Why would Tommy snitch?

3 minutes ago, Zello said:

Why would Tommy snitch?

I didn't say he would I meant it like how irl Henry Hill was a real criminal who became extremely known through Liotta's portrayal in goodfellas maybe that happened in the GTA universe Tommy took over the city and after his death he became extremely famous icon of the criminal world.

Algonquin Assassin

I really hope he gets a mention of some kind. Doesn’t need to be a physical reference.

That’s what I liked about Niko’s references in GTA V. Just a mere mention of his name  or implication was enough for me. 

Tommy is such an iconic character in the series and he goes hand in hand with the Vice City locale. It would be criminal if there isn’t something.

• Like 2

GTA IV Signature V4 by Lettermaniac on DeviantArt

2 hours ago, Comrade Monke said:

That's actually a pretty good option for parody of real life/satire. Make the movie claim that it "accurately depicts how the famous gangster took over the city during the 80's" when it's nothing like what actually happens in the 3D game.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Comrade Monke said:

I didn't say he would I meant it like how irl Henry Hill was a real criminal who became extremely known through Liotta's portrayal in goodfellas maybe that happened in the GTA universe Tommy took over the city and after his death he became extremely famous icon of the criminal world.

Henry Hill was never known for taking over the city. He’s known for being a snitch.

On 02/08/2022 at 19:41, Comrade Monke said:

Eu simplesmente não consigo imaginar que depois de revisitar um local lendário de videogame como Vice City, eles vão simplesmente ignorar o personagem mais associado a ele e tratá-lo como um simples easter egg. Eu sinto que Tommy, mesmo que ele não tenha um papel importante, deve de alguma forma influenciar o mundo ou a história de uma forma significativa. Acho que um velho Tommy Vercetti deveria fazer uma participação especial e dar conselhos importantes ao protagonista.

A coisa dos universos foi a pior coisa que aconteceu na franquia GTA, é um grande desrespeito e "foda-se" com os originais.

He should definitely influence the game's world and story in a significant way. I mean, in GTA Vice City Tommy went from an ex-con with a lot of debt to simply the BOSS OF THE CITY, in a way he has significant importance to the history of the city and simply ignoring his existence would be like cutting off all ties to the 3D universe and completely disregard these stories, which I don't think will ever happen since many events in GTA San Andreas were referenced in GTA 5.

• Like 1