3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Will any of you skip GTA VI?

Zidane500

Zidane500

I think I'll be one of the few to skip GTA VI and wait for GTA VII...it seems more like GTA Online with new content being added to the maps and stuff.

GRINCH ASS BITCH

I'll be skipping it. Based on Jason's article from yesterday it looks like GTA has become a crappy SJW paradise 👌

Im skipping any new rockstar games past RDR2 completely... RDR2 was their swan song, and I dont want to ruin it.

Edited by Ondr4H
  • KEKW 2
  • Realistic Steak! 1

Chief_Forasteiro

If it's just another mediocre GaaS like GTAO, I don't see any reason to not skip it......

It actually surprises me people are really hyped for a GTA after all Rockstar has done in those past few years and after Dan leaving the company after RDR2. 

Heck yeah I'll be skipping out on a game I haven't even seen yet, Rockstar has become too woke for my taste. Female protags, online dlcs, I've had it! I'm uninstalling gta 5 from my console and never purchasing another Rockstar title again!!

Spoiler

- people who will buy gta 6 on day 1 probably...

TimMiller

I'll wait for the first official Gameplay Videos and then decide.

• Like 1

bashovski

I am definitely not skipping a game I've waited for a long time no matter how bad or good it is. Especially not Rockstar's game.

universetwisters

I probably will just because I don't have any consoles to play on it and my computer is quite a few years old. Even if I did get a new PC between now and when it comes out for PC, I'd still wanna see if its any good before I actually buy it nawhimean

Edited by universetwisters

DexMacLeod

I haven't really heard anything so far that might sway me away from it. It might be a wait for a sale for me though. Unless they do some drastic updating to the gameplay I'm not sure I can justify paying $70 for it.

AkshayKumar

I will because no money + PC 😭

JP0cYXG.png

Algonquin Assassin

To be honest even though I'm not a fan of some of the decisions R* have been making lately I'd be lying to myself if I were to skip out on it entirely. I never have with any of their games in the past no matter how good or not they were so I can't see myself doing that now. At worst I could probably wait until after release if nothing seems to tickle my fancy straight away, but I'll definitely play it at some point.

What I will most certainly be doing is when something more concrete is announced is not get swept up in the hype. I can't believe the amount of energy some people exert over something we merely know is in development. It's certainly commendable, but I'd rather just play cool, temper my expectations and see how it all unfolds.

• Realistic Steak! 1

GTA IV Signature V4 by Lettermaniac on DeviantArt

Rockstarter

each to their own,

but this is the stupidest thread I've seen in a long time.

well done.

If anyone on GTAF says they won't buy GTA VI and stays true to their word I'll... well I don't know what I'll do but ultimately it won't matter cause no one will stick to their word.

If you're here, on this forum, you'll be buying it.

Super Gran Turismo

I'm gonna wait until I see actual gameplay from someone other than a rockstar employee or a news site first before I decide. What kind of loon would decide this without even seeing the game?

MrBreak16

You can bet your ass I will play it :kekw:

GTA3Rockstar

How can you base your reason to skip the game on an article?

Nobody knows hows the game is until Rockstar themselves shows/tells something lol

ppNaW16.png

4 hours ago, GTA3Rockstar said:

How can you base your reason to skip the game on an article?

Nobody knows hows the game is until Rockstar themselves shows/tells something lol

This.

People are reading far too much into that article. It's little better than the speculation we've been indulging in for the last X years. Until we start getting information officially, people shouldn't be leaping to conclusions.

Exsanguination

No.

I will pre-order the very moment it becomes available. 

Alec Skorpio

I have the same stance I've had from the start.  I need to see some actual trailers and footage before I make a decision.

The idea of making a decision based off rumor and leak is ridiculous. 

AgentJizzle

There is no trailer yet, feels like its too early to judge.

Edited by AgentJizzle

José_Sócrates

Well if I skip it I definitely won't wait for GTA VII or even retain any kind of interest for Rockstar and their games. What kind of mentality is that in the OP? People nowadays, man.

Oh yeah, btw, I will skip it if it's not set in Vice City. If it's set there, good or bad, I'm buying, if only to see the iconic city one last time since VI is supposed to be the last GTA I'll buy anyway. Really, looking at Rockstar now and their practices and knowing that their most important key members left and more will probably leave in the future, the only thing I hope for and want in the next game is to see Vice City one more time in the hd universe, nothing else.

Edited by José_Sócrates

khanimax

Many years from now we're going to see the same people here that are saying that they won't buy it in the 'GTA VI Bitch & Moan thread'.

We'll all buy it, we'll eat that sh*t up.

It's been 9 years... of course I'm f*cking buying it. Why the f*ck would I skip it?

PsyWarVeteran

The way things are going, definitely not. I'll play it, but it will be the one GTA that will be absent from my collection.

GrandTheftAutoVI

though i know it will probably be as woke as f*ck i will still buy it. simple reason no one does open worlds like rockstar even on a bad day. past games i would dip in and out of the story but spent most of the time exploring and fooling around.

PatteDeFruit

Depends a lot of factors. I'll see how it looks and decide what to do next.

NightmanCometh96

I won't outright skip it, but out of principle, I will be waiting for reviews to see if the game is worth purchasing at launch (worst-case scenario, I'll just save a few bucks and get a pre-owned copy once that becomes an option). RDR2 aside, some of the business decisions Rockstar and Take-Two have made over the past few years haven't sat well with me, so I just can't see myself pre-ordering their games the second they become available anymore. The DE was the straw that broke the camel's back in that regard; and before someone inevitably tells me "that doesn't count since R* didn't actually make it!", I still think it says a lot that R*/T2 were willing to let those games release in the state they were (and are arguably still) in.

That said, I don't think VI will turn out to be anywhere near as bad as the DE quality-wise. And I'm (somewhat) cautiously optimistic about the what the game will be offering (dialing the satire back a bit compared to being cranked well past 11 in V, a return to Vice City with a denser map and more interiors, a male and female protagonist, etc.). I just hope whatever we're given is going to be solid enough to warrant being "stuck" with for the next decade or so. My main concern at this point is how the potential map/content updates will be handled; knowing R*'s history of giving far more post-launch attention to multiplayer than the story mode for both GTA V and RDR2, I've all but resigned to the likely fate that VI's SP will never get said expansions (I wouldn't even be surprised if these updates broke features in the campaign, if issues like the cold clothing bug in Red Dead that took ~6 months to fix are anything to go by).

Edited by NightmanCometh96