Questions about RDR2 v1.00.

Unspoken OH

Unspoken OH

So, I finished RDR2 with a 100% completion on Xbox Series X, and a few months later I 100%'d the game on PS4 Slim as well. I've recently stumbled upon the "v.100 vs latest patch" debate. Some claim that v1.00 is superior because,

• it has better graphics overall (latest patch appears to have downgraded lighting, draw distance, ambient occlusion and texture quality / filtering and has less parallax occlusion but this one is unconfirmed)
  • John Marston's player model seems to be better and is closer to what RDR1 John looks like (beard fuller / more detailed, jawline better, body shape isn't carried over from Arthur, non-bulky gloves and so on)
  • some say the dusk/dawn period lasts longer in v1.00 - can anyone confirm this? I'm calling BS on this.
  • there are awesome glitches to try out such as keeping Arthur's closed coat from Colter, having the ability to remove off-hand holster, getting any trapper outfit via visual glitch, St. Denis horse glitch, gold bar glitch, New Austin glitch, turning Micah's corpse into mashed potatoes glitch and possibly a lot more

With this being said, here are my questions:

1. Now, obviously there was a day one patch for a reason right? Had to be... my only concern is, while there are many good things about v.100, there must also be downsides. Are there any game breaking bugs I should know about? Anything serious that can mess with the gameplay / progression? 
  2. Can I play the unpatched version on Xbox? I heard Microsoft no longer allows offline play. Is it true?
  3. If I get some cool horses via St. Denis glitch, plus 99 gold bars for instance, will I be able to carry those over to the latest patch (if I ever decide to install the patches)? 

Thank you so much and have a great day!

Main difference between John's patched and 1.00 model is different face texture.
1.00 John has 'proper' beard like NPC John that has fuller moustache, but 1.00 has glitched length 2 beard whereas it's hardly visible. 
Everything else is the same except John-only outfits looking 'normal' (no huge gloves, smaller pants and belt never disappearing) and John's upper body having more 'accurate' fitment for clothing

I don't think there's any difference between dusk/dawn length so I doubt those claims you heard are true, but I never really paid that much attention to that so I might be wrong.

As for the graphics... 
It's obviously true that 1.00 has better visuals, but that is only because of it using Full Screen Resolution SSAO, which makes a TON of difference but also has slight effect on performance.
You can see how much of a difference Full Screen Resolution SSAO does in my comparison which is taken on PC with console-equivalent settings taken from game files. (and yep my game's modded, but I haven't used any mods that affect graphical quality so comparison should be accurate) 

Spoiler

ezgif-3-1acbb47272.gif

Anyway, to answer your questions...
1. I don't remember experiencing anything game breaking in my 2 or so years of playing 1.00 on base PS4. I've heard that there was some missing camp members glitch, but it never happened to me.
2. I think you can, but it's trickier to do than on PS4. I heard it's possible through offline mode or something, but I never had Xbox console so I can't help with that much.
3. Yeah, you can, although you won't be able to 'downgrade' back on that save file as it'll get corrupted. Updating it to recent patch should be fine, though.

• Like 1

Unspoken OH
5 hours ago, DanceKino said:

Main difference between John's patched and 1.00 model is different face texture.
1.00 John has 'proper' beard like NPC John that has fuller moustache, but 1.00 has glitched length 2 beard whereas it's hardly visible. 
Everything else is the same except John-only outfits looking 'normal' (no huge gloves, smaller pants and belt never disappearing) and John's upper body having more 'accurate' fitment for clothing

I don't think there's any difference between dusk/dawn length so I doubt those claims you heard are true, but I never really paid that much attention to that so I might be wrong.

As for the graphics... 
It's obviously true that 1.00 has better visuals, but that is only because of it using Full Screen Resolution SSAO, which makes a TON of difference but also has slight effect on performance.
You can see how much of a difference Full Screen Resolution SSAO does in my comparison which is taken on PC with console-equivalent settings taken from game files. (and yep my game's modded, but I haven't used any mods that affect graphical quality so comparison should be accurate) 

Hide contents

ezgif-3-1acbb47272.gif

Anyway, to answer your questions...
1. I don't remember experiencing anything game breaking in my 2 or so years of playing 1.00 on base PS4. I've heard that there was some missing camp members glitch, but it never happened to me.
2. I think you can, but it's trickier to do than on PS4. I heard it's possible through offline mode or something, but I never had Xbox console so I can't help with that much.
3. Yeah, you can, although you won't be able to 'downgrade' back on that save file as it'll get corrupted. Updating it to recent patch should be fine, though.

Thank you for replying! As for the screenshot you posted, it really is the SSAO. I've watched quite a few 1.00 vs latest patch comparisons and this is it. That's the difference. Thank you again!

Cutter De Blanc

I'm at 90% right now on 1.00 and haven't encountered any game breaking glitches this run through, although last time I tried it the Rock Carvings glitched out and I couldn't complete them until I upgraded. I recommend saving before you attempt it and then get them all in one go.

The Dawn/Dusk is not any longer on 1.00, if anything the upgraded version might last a couple seconds more, but that might just be a placebo effect 

• Like 2

Others have already answered your questions but I will add this.

The biggest issue I have with 1.00 is the absence of the Standard FPS2 control scheme from the menu, I am so used to that having used it in GTAV and RDR2, so I haven't played on that version a whole lot.

The last thing you said with the horses and goldbars, yes, you can transfer them with no problems, I have a save with hundreds of thousands made from the gold bar glitch from back in the day and it is still working on the latest update.

((Which makes it funny whenever I hear the camp complain about money, both the camp and Arthur in that save have more than 50k lol))

• Like 1

Unspoken OH
3 hours ago, Cutter De Blanc said:

I'm at 90% right now on 1.00 and haven't encountered any game breaking glitches this run through, although last time I tried it the Rock Carvings glitched out and I couldn't complete them until I upgraded. I recommend saving before you attempt it and then get them all in one go.

The Dawn/Dusk is not any longer on 1.00, if anything the upgraded version might last a couple seconds more, but that might just be a placebo effect 

I think I saw your comments on Reddit. Do you have the same name? I swear I saw you talk about v1.00 somewhere. Thank you so much for the Rock Carving information. I've always had this so called 'chronic save' habit. I'd save the game all the time in different slots to make sure I can go back if something glitches out. I've 100%'d the game twice from zero on the latest patch and never once did I run into any issues, except for the cigarette card mission bug but that's avoidable by not picking up cigarette cards / premium cigarettes. I have no idea why Rockstar still hasn't fixed this. "Smoking and other hobbies" is absolutely glitched. I wonder if it's glitched in v1.00 as well. Anyway, I won't disturb you. I'll catch you later!

olivier8472

Just my 2 cents : the lasso knife combo won’t give perfect pelts in V1.00 , the trapper outfit glitch works with current patch, and be prepared to kiss  somes trees due to V1.00 horse controls.

19 hours ago, olivier8472 said:

Just my 2 cents : the lasso knife combo won’t give perfect pelts in V1.00 , the trapper outfit glitch works with current patch, and be prepared to kiss  somes trees due to V1.00 horse controls.

What's the trapper glitch?

• 1 year later...

Can someone please help me with installing rdr 1.00 on xbox one? I put in the data disc and it downloads until 39gb then it asks for play disc and it downloads until 48gb and stops there. Ive been trying to figure out how to fix it and so far i did everything i could think of and found online but nothing worked :(. Can someone please help i really wanna play the 1.00

Sneaky Queeky

I've been playing 1.00 for almost 6 years now (has it really been that long!? wow!) and the biggest glitch I've seen is that a lot of the trapper coats (for example the Wolf Coat) have very glitched textures. Also, in this update, camp interactions will happen simultaneous, meaning you have to "decide" which camp "scene" you focus on and listen to : - for instance, as Dutch is talking about how hot it is in the South - "Are you sweating yet, Dutch?" at the same time, Tilly is describing her departure from the Foreman game, in quite specific detail, and both these "scenes" happen at the VERY SAME TIME, especially if you have been away from camp for awhile and suddenly arrive and the game tries to load as many "events" as possible in camp. It annoys me because I want to hear EVERY camp "scene" that I can, but on 1.00 the game will "spawn" two at the same time regularly.

Nighttime camp "conversations" or "confessions," whatever you want to call the nighttime camp "events" where a member of the gang goes on a tirade about something by the campfire: they always (95% of the time) spawn after exactly 8:PM on 1.00. I got a habit or running away from camp, then running back, until these "scenes" start, do I can listen to them. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Possebility
Posted (edited)
On 7/19/2022 at 10:28 PM, Unspoken OH said:

- there are awesome glitches to try out such as keeping Arthur's closed coat from Colter, having the ability to remove off-hand holster, getting any trapper outfit via visual glitch, St. Denis horse glitch, gold bar glitch, New Austin glitch, turning Micah's corpse into mashed potatoes glitch and possibly a lot more

With this being said, here are my questions:

1. Now, obviously there was a day one patch for a reason right? Had to be... my only concern is, while there are many good things about v.100, there must also be downsides.

Any outfit glitch on patched version 1.01  up to the latest is worth updating

+ save with the  all outfits-cheat

+ save the saint denis police uniform and create various sheriff outfits with the badge (w/o the off hand holster)

+ save John's new belt (during epilogue mission "the wheel"; leave it equipped during the trapper outfit glitch w/o any vest; game will add the  off hand holster automatically after reloading)

+ get two of John's Cattleman revolvers during chapter 2

However, only on 1.00

- you can get shirtless Arthur (e.g.for a rough bandit or some kinda native outfits)

- the lantern on horse or on satchel glitch is far easier to  manage

On both versions it's possible

- to unequip revolvers on the fly (no weapon locker needed - unequips the off hand holster only anyway)

- to remove Arthur's gun belt, holsters and satchel

- to remove John's gun belt, holsters and satchel

- to remove all weapons and items from the inventory (and gun locker)

Edited by Possebility