2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

GTA 6 Speculation & Discussion [Part 7] - The one with the announcement

uNi

MaddenedGhost
1 hour ago, grthau said:

Finally, the trailer is here.

spacer.png

Shoutout to that one time Rockstar themselves actually made this joke leading up to the PC launch of GTA V.

Good times... 

• Like 1
  • YEE 1
  • Realistic Steak! 1

Paper Mario
56 minutes ago, GTA Plus Enjoyer said:

Yeah, GTA V NPCs being so weird is my main problem. They legit feel like ragdolls with human models attached to them, at least to me.

As for tying NPCs up, yeah, duct tape could work lol, or maybe zip-tie handcuffs or whatever, and a taser would be a good improvement from the lasso. Especially if the taser actually just shocks and disables NPCs for some time, instead of instantly killing them.

Hide contents

Maybe if we play as Rose we can use police handcuffs to kidnap NPCs :kekw::kekw::kekw::kekw:

tasers should definitely not insta kill people. Maybe after 5 shocks or so. It's fun to shock the same person several times and see their reaction. I can't remember, but didn't GTA V have those stun guns? I guess only singleplayer, because I did use them and had fun with them. Online doesn't have them as far as I know

Short Dawg
52 minutes ago, Nawaf said:

Can’t wait to see the look of fans faces when there is nothing on October :kekw:

Knowing Rockstar’s history the fact that we expect an announcement in October means it probably won’t happen 😬

• KEKW 1

Edward RDRIII
9 hours ago, Nawaf said:

Can’t wait to see the look of fans faces when there is nothing on October :kekw:

Sorry our fans, we lied about making GTA 6 as an excuse for abandoning Red Dead Online, but don't be disapointed, there's a new GTA Online DLC com...

Edited by Edward RDRIII
Comment corrected.
  • KEKW 2

Len Lfc
37 minutes ago, nob said:

He wrote for The Thick of It which is a British political satire, also The Omid Djalili Show (Yusuf Amir actor.) Writing for that show around the time he appeared in Gay Tony DLC.

Could be a GTA Online writer, yes, however, his CV doesn’t really give me the impression that he would be doing that. But I don’t know any of the Online writers, so... 😅

I checked archive.org before I posted, too, and the capture was dated Aug 4. 2020. And the text says currently writing Deutschland 89, as well, which aired Sep/Oct 2020,  so it could still be dated, I believe?

Rockstar hiring UK writers makes sense, in keeping with the British piss-take of America.

Edited by Len Lfc

GTA VI Timeline of Events

kt7d8sa.png

Tuesday, October 18th/25th 2022

🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴 

Spider-Vice
29 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Shoutout to that one time Rockstar themselves actually made this joke leading up to the PC launch of GTA V.

Good times... 

Haha it was from a development build of Social Club they accidentally released which also revealed GTA V on PC existed, I remember that. There were a couple memes in the files lmao.

image.pngut_dog.png   image.png

let your hopes and dreams turn into burning fire!

GTANet | Red Dead Network | kifflom 

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

Kris194
30 minutes ago, GRANDHEIST said:

The writer of Celebrity Love Island: Aftersun & The Pentaverate? Now we are talking!

I started from reading about Rockstar's new writer, ended up watching Love island :jkek:

Spider-Vice
31 minutes ago, GRANDHEIST said:

The writer of Celebrity Love Island: Aftersun & The Pentaverate? Now we are talking!

Who better than him to make a Love Island parody in VI then :fartkek:

MaddenedGhost
4 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

Haha it was from a development build of Social Club they accidentally released which also revealed GTA V on PC existed, I remember that. There were a couple memes in the files lmao.

Judging by the fact that memes were also in the file, I doubt the "accident" part of that lol

Len Lfc
1 minute ago, Spider-Vice said:

Who better than him to make a Love Island parody in VI then :fartkek:

Opens in-game GTA VI website: shagginwagon.com

• KEKW 3

GTA VI Timeline of Events

kt7d8sa.png

Tuesday, October 18th/25th 2022

🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴 

Starbeth

how do you even know where to begin writing for a mammoth such as VI? it boggles the mind

38 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

They did? That's news to me, then.

MaddenedGhost
1 minute ago, grthau said:

They did? That's news to me, then.

Yeah, I remember there was a picture of a truck and a trailer with the GTA/Rockstar logos in the back, it was found in the files of one of the social club updates leading up to GTAV's PC launch.

I didn't follow the PC threads all that much at the time but I remember this particular finding when it happened.

2 minutes ago, Starbeth said:

how do you even know where to begin writing for a mammoth such as VI? it boggles the mind

Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather ..

:fartkek:

MaddenedGhost
7 minutes ago, Punkd said:

Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather ..

:fartkek:

which would be fitting for a Vice City to be fair 

Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather alligator :inlove:

lede-florida-alligators-1044x783.jpg

BakeWithMe1000
37 minutes ago, Starbeth said:

Dan Houser gone, Benzies gone. I think Sam wouldn't mind getting new award winning writers 

olzhas1one
1 hour ago, Paper Mario said:

tasers should definitely not insta kill people. Maybe after 5 shocks or so. It's fun to shock the same person several times and see their reaction. I can't remember, but didn't GTA V have those stun guns? I guess only singleplayer, because I did use them and had fun with them. Online doesn't have them as far as I know

If they bring back the tasers they better finally f*cking make them non-lethal. I complained about this in the GTA 5 subforum not long ago, that the game doesn't actually register tasers as non-lethal unless it is specifically instructed to do so. Hell, the taser from my experience seems just as lethal as a normal pistol. I was able to kill people by tazing their arms or legs. Ridiculous.

• Like 3

Spider-Vice
41 minutes ago, Starbeth said:

Same question goes for best-selling books and other well-received video game or TV show stories :yee: 

44 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Judging by the fact that memes were also in the file, I doubt the "accident" part of that lol

These things are distributed internally, there will absolutely be memes for other devs to see. That doesn't disprove whether it was an accident or not. :p 

• Like 3

B_E_N_1992
33 minutes ago, olzhas1one said:

If they bring back the tasers they better finally f*cking make them non-lethal. I complained about this in the GTA 5 subforum not long ago, that the game doesn't actually register tasers as non-lethal unless it is specifically instructed to do so. Hell, the taser from my experience seems just as lethal as a normal pistol. I was able to kill people by tazing their arms or legs. Ridiculous.

The whole you can kill someone with 1/2 bullets to the leg/arms is ridiculously. Definitely needs updated for VI.

• Like 1

KonradGM
36 minutes ago, olzhas1one said:

I mean tasers can actually be deadly, but in Gta V it is overkill, but hten again in GtaV most peds react to damage in almost insta death way.

One thing i noticied with might be why gta v story is so ill recived is how much trailers are display differenty type of story compared to what previous gta games did.

Like you can somehow watch gta IV, dlc's etc, rdr1 and 2 trailers and get simmilair feel when you play the game, yet gta v trailers are like legitimate stories where as in-game it is meta satire of both our world and gta.

How many years until GTA VI?

Not one, not two, not three, not four, not five, not six, not seven…

• KEKW 2

Jabalous
1 hour ago, Starbeth said:

Same as any other trade. First you're clueless until you accumulate experience and it becomes second nature to you.

• Like 2

Paper Mario
48 minutes ago, B_E_N_1992 said:

The whole you can kill someone with 1/2 bullets to the leg/arms is ridiculously. Definitely needs updated for VI.

i think the peds overall are extremely weak. 1-2 punches and they can be dead. hell, even bumping into them in a car can kill them super quickly. i bonk into some ever so slightly and hear "hooooooooooooonk" lol

Superdays

@Americanaa

Idk if you already know but,

https://www.pcgamesn.com/grand-theft-auto-vi/leak-vice-city 

"In that case, one GTA Forums user, Americana, points out that “Fireball” is the name of a song by the musician Pitbull, and that Pitbull is from Miami. Miami of course is the basis for Vice City"

Haakim_
3 hours ago, Nawaf said:

I have an exclusive sneak peek 

spacer.png

• KEKW 2

Jabalous
10 minutes ago, Superdays said:

@Americanaa

Idk if you already know but,

https://www.pcgamesn.com/grand-theft-auto-vi/leak-vice-city 

"In that case, one GTA Forums user, Americana, points out that “Fireball” is the name of a song by the musician Pitbull, and that Pitbull is from Miami. Miami of course is the basis for Vice City"

The writer is clearly clueless when he mentions Marco Virgilio 😅

Edited by Jabalous

GTA Plus Enjoyer
2 hours ago, Paper Mario said:

GTA V singleplayer has stun guns that shock and after a few seconds insta-kill pretty much any NPC you hit. They were added in Online with The Contract DLC if I remember correctly, and the price is way off :kekw:

2 hours ago, Starbeth said:

I’d say it all comes down to where they find the inspiration, we’ve seen it before with all their other games that they take inspiration from movies, books etc. 

It probably starts with them getting inspired by either a character, or maybe a certain storyline, or a general theme like lots of heists (GTAV had that as example). When they establish one of those things, creativity does it’s thing to add the other necessary parts to create a story and voila, a masterpiece is created :jkek:

Starbeth

these articles claiming VI will reportedly be set in Vice City are beginning to piss me off. not that i wouldnt like vice city but just the fact that its pure clickbait and get thousands of likes on twitter :kekw: im kind of hoping the first trailer doesnt show vice city at all:harrumph: