2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

GTA 6 Speculation & Discussion [Part 7] - The one with the announcement

uNi

DexMacLeod
11 hours ago, Edward RDRIII said:

What if instead of a bank heist, the final heist would be finding the lost Bugatti Type 57SC Atlantic? There are only three of them remaining in real life and one of them is lost, depending of the in game context this car could be worth anything from 20 to 40 million dollars and would be quite the plot twist if the protagonist got fond with it and decided to keep it for himself instead of selling it and sharing the cash between his crew. However, instead of using the already existent Truffade Z-Type, I'd like Rockstar to make a more detailed model for it, and that goes for every other in game vehicle too.

Yeah, I'd like to see more stuff like this. Something like a better version of heists but we're stealing cars. It'd be a nice change of pace to have Grand Theft Auto game that centers around stealing cars. Weird that some people actually seem to be against this.

• Like 1

Edward RDRIII
21 minutes ago, DexMacLeod said:

Yeah, I'd like to see more stuff like this. Something like a better version of heists but we're stealing cars. It'd be a nice change of pace to have Grand Theft Auto game that centers around stealing cars. Weird that some people actually seem to be against this.

Thinking about it, we do the same thing in GTA 5 for no pay, Devin don't pay Franklin for the Z-Type and the other cars even if he kills Michael, so it will be cool if we actually do something like this by ourselves and get the full cash for the stolen car(s) instead of doing it for someone else risking being fooled once more, also it's a cool way to add immersion to the game by making reference to a real life event like RDR2 does many times. GTA 6 will be a huge game and people really think it will only be about bank heists or drug deals and nothing else.

Tommy "Nightmare" Smith
1 hour ago, Short Dawg said:

Fireball is the alleged codename for GTA VI lol 

Yeah yeah I knew that, I thought there was some kind of joke going around

Looks like overthinking is my way of life, wich isn't a news for me 😁

GTK0HLK

with V, or even IV there was no real Business or Crime Grind in the world to make cash(any substantial amount that could benefit the progress of the story, even if it only means better equipped..,)

that stuff mostly seems to be just saved for random events, or businesses that don't pay enough for properties that would take a years long play to pay for itself..,

so tldr so far it's pretty much only linear..,

and not much in the end to do once you 100%(and most of the stuff is at the end, not before and during)

Edward RDRIII
5 minutes ago, GTK0HLK said:

with V, or even IV there was no real Business or Crime Grind in the world to make cash(any substantial amount that could benefit the progress of the story, even if it only means better equipped..,)

that stuff mostly seems to be just saved for random events, or businesses that don't pay enough for properties that would take a years long play to pay for itself..,

so tldr so far it's pretty much only linear..,

and not much in the end to do once you 100%(and most of the stuff is at the end, not before and during)

That also happens in RDR2, once we finish it 100% we basically only play it to enjoy the scenery, do mayhem or whatever, working in Beecher's Hope pays $8,00 after you sell the goods after an entire day's work, so Abigail might as well marry Uncle and raise Jack by themselves for all I care lol.

As far as RDR2 is concerned I keep playing it after the main story and most of the side content (90% overall completion) because I must admire the absurdely amazing animations from the horses to the walking, etc.

It is putting a smile on my face whenever I see those animations on my screen and I have to thank Rockstar for putting such effort into all them animations.

For me the no. 1 priority in games has become great animations ... nothing else matters as much to me. If a game doesn't have great animations I will very likely not enjoy it.

Edward RDRIII
1 minute ago, Emmi said:

As far as RDR2 is concerned I keep playing it after the main story and most of the side content (90% overall completion) because I must admire the absurdely amazing animations from the horses to the walking, etc.

It is putting a smile on my face whenever I see those animations on my screen and I have to thank Rockstar for putting such effort into all them animations.

For me the no. 1 priority in games has become great animations ... nothing else matters as much to me. If a game doesn't have great animations I will very likely not enjoy it.

The best thing you can do is having a bounty in places such as Ambarino to have some fun when the bounty hunters come after you, one of the coolest places to have shootouts with them is Micah's Hideout in Mount Hagen, specially at night with a snowstorm rolling through mixed with the tents' lanterns giving us low visibility.

GTA Plus Enjoyer

Whenever I'm bored out of my mind and got nothing to do, I just turn on RDR2. No matter how bored I am, this game always sucks me in and I end up spending at least two hours playing it, free-roaming, trying to do my best to play like a normal civilian, obeying the rules, failing and shooting up entire towns in the end... and not to mention all the other activities that are possible. One of my favorite things about RDR2, however, is the level of interaction we have with NPCs.

It has been said countless times how NPCs in RDR2 actually feel like humans. When you aim a weapon at an NPC and they beg for their life, or seeing them struggle when you are choking them, it makes you feel bad. The choke option in RDR2 is something I rarely use because I genuinely feel a bit sick when using that option, mainly because of the NPC's reaction to it.

If GTA VI manages to bring back NPCs that actually feel like human beings, it will be a major upgrade from GTA V. Not to mention if they bring back the interactivity options, such as being able to greet/antagonize NPCs, rob them, loot them, grapple, shove, choke, throw on the ground, etc., it's already going to be beyond my expectations.

And of course, the lasso from RDR2, it's my favorite tool. I know a lasso wouldn't make sense for a GTA game, but having some ability to kidnap NPCs in a similar way to RDR2 would be a great feature imo.

Paper Mario
2 minutes ago, GTA Plus Enjoyer said:

Whenever I'm bored out of my mind and got nothing to do, I just turn on RDR2. No matter how bored I am, this game always sucks me in and I end up spending at least two hours playing it, free-roaming, trying to do my best to play like a normal civilian, obeying the rules, failing and shooting up entire towns in the end... and not to mention all the other activities that are possible. One of my favorite things about RDR2, however, is the level of interaction we have with NPCs.

It has been said countless times how NPCs in RDR2 actually feel like humans. When you aim a weapon at an NPC and they beg for their life, or seeing them struggle when you are choking them, it makes you feel bad. The choke option in RDR2 is something I rarely use because I genuinely feel a bit sick when using that option, mainly because of the NPC's reaction to it.

If GTA VI manages to bring back NPCs that actually feel like human beings, it will be a major upgrade from GTA V. Not to mention if they bring back the interactivity options, such as being able to greet/antagonize NPCs, rob them, loot them, grapple, shove, choke, throw on the ground, etc., it's already going to be beyond my expectations.

And of course, the lasso from RDR2, it's my favorite tool. I know a lasso wouldn't make sense for a GTA game, but having some ability to kidnap NPCs in a similar way to RDR2 would be a great feature imo.

interaction with NPCs need to be at least on par with RDR2. I hope it is significantly improved upon because messing with NPCs is the best. GTA V they're all just... plastic...

and instead of a lasso, our character could grab/tackle a person, and then just wrap em up with duct tape or something. Would be a nice combo if we have a taser. We shock the ever loving kahoot out of someone and then proceed to tie em up with duct tape, lol

Edward RDRIII
5 minutes ago, Paper Mario said:

interaction with NPCs need to be at least on par with RDR2. I hope it is significantly improved upon because messing with NPCs is the best. GTA V they're all just... plastic...

and instead of a lasso, our character could grab/tackle a person, and then just wrap em up with duct tape or something. Would be a nice combo if we have a taser. We shock the ever loving kahoot out of someone and then proceed to tie em up with duct tape, lol

We can even drown npcs in RDR2, I hope we can at least do the same things we already can on it, rob/loot them without having to kill them, the whole greet, defuse and antagonize system, being able to kidnap them and put them in a car's trunk instead of the horse's back, etc.

Edited by Edward RDRIII
Comment corrected.

3 hours ago, TheAmericanPanda said:

New job listings via a new company.

https://hitmarker.net/companies/rockstar-games

Including a night shift game tester, for UK interested :D

https://hitmarker.net/jobs/rockstar-games-game-tester-night-shift-773346

oh, cool, a couple of jobs for the Writing Team there.

cashncarrylarry
3 hours ago, TheAmericanPanda said:

New job listings via a new company.

https://hitmarker.net/companies/rockstar-games

Including a night shift game tester, for UK interested :D

https://hitmarker.net/jobs/rockstar-games-game-tester-night-shift-773346

"Senior Technical Artist - Houdini Procedural Pipeline"

that one is odd, because from what i've seen people will only use houdini with UE

• excuseme 1

Kris194
Just now, cashncarrylarry said:

that one is odd, because from what i've seen people will only use houdini with UE

What? Rockstar was using Houdini for years now.

• Like 1

MrQuiche
8 minutes ago, cashncarrylarry said:

Rockstar has devs that can write tools to export stuff to their engine or something, that's not uncommon to do this, use a well known and supported tool and make or rework your own to work with it

Edited by MrQuiche

Spider-Vice
11 minutes ago, cashncarrylarry said:

Nah. R* have integrated some open source stuff for Unity into RAGE in RDR2 as well so don't be tricked by "devs using it mostly on X engine". It's for whatever use, not attached to an engine. It's even used in film.

https://www.sidefx.com/products/houdini/

• Like 2

image.pngut_dog.png   image.png

let your hopes and dreams turn into burning fire!

GTANet | Red Dead Network | kifflom 

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

Haakim_
1 hour ago, Edward RDRIII said:

That also happens in RDR2, once we finish it 100% we basically only play it to enjoy the scenery, do mayhem or whatever, working in Beecher's Hope pays $8,00 after you sell the goods after an entire day's work, so Abigail might as well marry Uncle and raise Jack by themselves for all I care lol.

such a weird design choice to me..why even have the option to do those boring ass chores if thats all it pays and you cant even drive the wagon yourself to deliver the goods? 

Edward RDRIII
7 minutes ago, Haakim_ said:

such a weird design choice to me..why even have the option to do those boring ass chores if thats all it pays and you cant even drive the wagon yourself to deliver the goods? 

It's useful to gain honor, I'll give them that, I know Rockstar researched for a realistic payday for the time and all that, but it should pay us at least $20,00 for a day's work in a balance between realism and gameplay bonus, also like you said, it would be cooler if we could drive the wagon ourselves to different destinations depending of the day. Still on the Beecher's Hope subject, why the hell they made the ladder shorter so we can't climb that damn silo after "American Venom"?

GTA Plus Enjoyer
51 minutes ago, Paper Mario said:

GTA V they're all just... plastic...

Yeah, GTA V NPCs being so weird is my main problem. They legit feel like ragdolls with human models attached to them, at least to me.

As for tying NPCs up, yeah, duct tape could work lol, or maybe zip-tie handcuffs or whatever, and a taser would be a good improvement from the lasso. Especially if the taser actually just shocks and disables NPCs for some time, instead of instantly killing them.

Spoiler

Maybe if we play as Rose we can use police handcuffs to kidnap NPCs :kekw::kekw::kekw::kekw:

Can’t wait to see the look of fans faces when there is nothing on October :kekw:

2 minutes ago, Nawaf said:

Can’t wait to see the look of fans faces when there is nothing on October :kekw:

FX95ntDWQAMz0JS?format=jpg&name=small 

Superdays
7 minutes ago, GTA Plus Enjoyer said:

duct tape could work

I want there to be hardware stores where we can buy things like that, and all the stuff that you can buy has actual gameplay value

• YEE 2

Kris194
1 hour ago, Paper Mario said:

I hope it is significantly improved upon because messing with NPCs is the best. GTA V they're all just... plastic...

It's Los Santos, all people you see on streets are actors, low paid actors :kekw:

• KEKW 1

Roger Drew 'is currently [n.d.] writing for Rockstar Games.'          *** 

Is this some new geezer?

Len Lfc
3 minutes ago, nob said:

Is this some new geezer?

News to me. although I'm not familiar with him. Although, I do recognise Noel Fielding :kekw:

GTA VI Timeline of Events

kt7d8sa.png

Tuesday, October 18th/25th 2022

🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴 

Kris194

He's probably one of the GTA Online writers.

Spider-Vice

Lol, Savoy Court is where R* Games UK is registered, and also where that agency is. Very interesting find, I guess they're using some award-winning writers as well instead of just openly hiring.

No R* credits in his CV so it's definitely new 👀 And not as a replacement of anyone necessarily, R* just seems to be using known renowned writers for the team as a whole.

EDIT: This part wasn't there in 2020. As in, no text.

Edited by Spider-Vice
  • Like 3

Spider-Vice

Also, this guy is responsible for Veep, a well-received American political satire show and he did writing for Bruno (with Sacha Baron Cohen)... Could be one of the radio/internet/game world satire writers, or contributing to Strangers & Freaks.

• Like 3

He wrote for The Thick of It which is a British political satire, also The Omid Djalili Show (Yusuf Amir actor.) Writing for that show around the time he appeared in Gay Tony DLC.

Could be a GTA Online writer, yes, however, his CV doesn’t really give me the impression that he would be doing that. But I don’t know any of the Online writers, so... 😅

I checked archive.org before I posted, too, and the capture was dated Aug 4. 2020. And the text says currently writing Deutschland 89, as well, which aired Sep/Oct 2020,  so it could still be dated, I believe?

Edited by nob

GRANDHEIST
22 minutes ago, nob said:

The writer of Celebrity Love Island: Aftersun & The Pentaverate? Now we are talking!