GTA 6 Speculation & Discussion [Part 7] - The one with the announcement

uNi

13 minutes ago, Drummer98 said:

The characters will have a duffel bag, containing weapons and other items as well. 

seems like a cool mechanic , whatever gives the gameplay more depth is welcome. on that note, idk if this was alredy mentioned but i really hope they make the gameplay more challenging in vi. gtav was a walk in the park, and even rdr2 had a lot of cool mechanics like potions, special ammo and deadeye that i could never justify using since the game is too easy.

5 minutes ago, Scott Ransom said:

Me personally i dont really like the idea of having a duffle bag - I assumed it would just be for missions like how it was in say Three Leaf Clover or the heists in GTA V. I'm not too keen having to walk around with one in free roam to access certain weapons or items.

I believe that to transport guns, we might be able to store them in the trunk of our character car, that's why some of the items can be shared (correct me if I am wrong). The system will work like in GTA IV with Little Jacob.

The duffle bag I think it is mission related indeed.

Edited by UnderMeister

2 minutes ago, juanpa said:

seems like a cool mechanic , whatever gives the gameplay more depth is welcome. on that note, idk if this was alredy mentioned but i really hope they make the gameplay more challenging in vi. gtav was a walk in the park, and even rdr2 had a lot of cool mechanics like potions, special ammo and deadeye that i could never justify using since the game is too easy.

Do you use free aim with weapons?

If R* brings out GTA 6 in the end of 2024 or later, I expect that the shortage of PS5 / XBOX Series will be solved. And also, if the consoles are available, but people (still) don't have the money to buy one, that's their problem. I've got my PS5 like almost 2 years now, it will be 4 years old then lol.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Thoomas98 said:

If R* brings out GTA 6 in the end of 2024 or later, I expect that the shortage of PS5 / XBOX Series will be solved. And also, if the consoles are available, but people (still) don't have the money to buy one, that's their problem. I've got my PS5 like almost 2 years now, it will be 4 years old then lol.

If we expect a late 2024 release you can start saving 20bucks every month, then you will be able to boy a new console for gta release

Just love everything I seen in the GTA 6 leaks. But I wish I didn’t see any of it, because if those things aren’t involved in GTA 6 I’ll be disappointed. But that’s why early development is never shown

• Like 3

Just now, Punkd said:

If we expect a late 2024 release you can start saving 20bucks every month, then you will be able to boy a new console for gta release

Yes exactly, maybe still for some people it will be hard to save 20bucks, I respect that. But in the end, gaming is luxury. So what I meant with my post was, R* shouldn't release GTA 6 on the old gen, those machines can't handle that, unless they cut content. I've seen PS4 struggling with GTA Online already 🙄.

1 minute ago, Punkd said:

Do you use free aim with weapons?

i do, but still. don't get me wrong, i thought rdr2's gunplay was really fun, with a lot of depth to it, but it is total overkill to use these mechanics in singleplayer. unpopular opinion: red dead online's combat is a lot more enjoyable, since you have more of a excuse to use all your potential. the ability cards were great too, hope they keep them around for vi online.

2 minutes ago, big_man said:

Just love everything I seen in the GTA 6 leaks. But I wish I didn’t see any of it, because if those things aren’t involved in GTA 6 I’ll be disappointed. But that’s why early development is never shown

Yeah it's a good point. Half the things we saw probably wont be in the final game. 

If this delays the announcement, R*'s bad fortune just continues

94uhLpT.png

not the best timing if people die and homes get destroyed to show off eg. new hurricane weather feature in the VI trailer

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, GRANDHEIST said:

94uhLpT.png

not the best timing if people die and homes get destroyed to show off eg. new hurricane weather feature in the VI trailer

Oh f*ck. You’re exactly right

10 minutes ago, GRANDHEIST said:

94uhLpT.png

Imo, they keep continue as long they used fictional city.

14 minutes ago, big_man said:

I agree with this, going through stuff in the GTA V beta thread it's wild to see how much stuff didn't get put into the game. But that stuff came to light after the game was released, so seeing the leaked footage I can only wonder what will actually end up in the game. My only hope is that we will be able to rob a bingo game, that would be amazing.

I dont think having to carry a bag if you wanna get access to more than a few weapons or the car's trunk idea will be in the final game

if you loose your car you loose the access to your gear, I do think most of players will hate the idea.

Having to carry a bag will impact visually how you see your character. Most of people do like to dress their characters in a way it fits their preferences. 

• Like 1

Just now, BootGuy said:

My only hope is that we will be able to rob a bingo game, that would be amazing.

Giving up the drug trade and bank robbing to scam old people with alzheimer's. That's where the real money is in the Sunshine State.

1 minute ago, franloradr said:

I dont think having to carry a bag if you wanna get access to more than a few weapons or the car's trunk idea will be in the final game

if you loose your car you loose the access to your gear, I do think most of players will hate the idea.

Having to carry a bag will impact visually how you see your character. Most of people do like to dress their characters in a way it fits their preferences. 

I like that detail, is same detail when you lost the horse saddles in RDR2 you can't do anything.

17 minutes ago, GRANDHEIST said:

94uhLpT.png

the point of the first trailer is to present the atmosphere and tone of the game, not to reveal random gameplay mechanics

17 minutes ago, GRANDHEIST said:

94uhLpT.png

Who confirmed they were showing a Hurricane in the debut trailer in the first place? 

Lemoyne outlaw
1 hour ago, Scott Ransom said:

Pretty sure they never took the Haitian's out of VC - they just removed a line of dialogue that said something along the lines of "Kill the Haitian's"

i know but the fact that they took references to them away is just silly. and the dialogue is so dumb when they stop saying Haitians. i really hope they don't remove stuff like that.

3 minutes ago, OppulentHertz said:

I like that detail, is same detail when you lost the horse saddles in RDR2 you can't do anything.

I like too, but i know most of people will hate on this feature. 

rdr2 is seen a bit different, not only because the tone of the saga but the arsenal and the number of items are way less. In that game if you end up carrying one of each sort of weapon you end up  seeing arthur with the bow, the shotgun or the rifle, all of them if I'm not wrong being carried over his shoulders. So visually it does work in that game pretty well

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, UnderMeister said:

I believe that to transport guns, we might be able to store them in the trunk of our character car, that's why some of the items can be shared (correct me if I am wrong). The system will work like in GTA IV with Little Jacob.

The duffle bag I think it is mission related indeed.

I'm pretty sure duffle bag is for looting money and not guns . 

Guns will be hanging on your back via Gun belt like rdr2 , 2 big weapons like AR and shotgun whilst pistols will be tucked into the back of your pants like ellie does in tlou2 .

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTjkBjmZTBsI4rIhMaoUFralso duffle bags can be pulled out of your pocket as they can be folded just watch the heist in H.E.A.T , once you wanna rob big amounts of money you pull this out of your pocket collect the money take it to your cars trunk and put there rather then carrying it around foreverimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcTfmOWvRcxQmFh-uLz_Po6

Edited by jonnhy_xv

2 hours ago, Punkd said:

Check out cyberpunk to get a sense of how it could be used

In cyberpunk your car just drives to you because it’s set in the distant future, not possible with a modern day setting.

very early gta online had your mechanic actually drive your car to you although Jason and Lucia having a personal car delivery guy just isn’t going to happen

Edited by michalxm

31 minutes ago, franloradr said:

Easy way around that; just whistle on your car and it will drive back to where you are. And if you're in a high speed chase your car will drive behind you and the police cars, until you've lost them and are able to stop. 

7 minutes ago, michalxm said:

In cyberpunk your car just drives to you because it’s set in the distant future, not possible with a modern day setting.

very early gta online had your mechanic actually drive your car to you although Jason and Lucia having a personal car delivery guy just isn’t going to happen

a delivery car guy is not a bad idea at all, in fact you would have to pay him/her for bringing your car wherever you told him/her to, so you dont loose your gear unless the car get ruined

Retro_Causality

So the leaked clips are dated March 2021 to September 2022 where did people get this idea that this is footage from 2019-2020?

2 hours ago, aFIockOfSeagulls said:

It was Len. I swear!

Wait. What? :kekw:

• KEKW 1

jlm5lRl.png

🌴                    🌴                    🌴                     🌴                    🌴                    🌴 

3 hours ago, Zapper said:

There's literally zero indication of Rockstar stopping GTAO updates. There's a reason why they released current-gen ports and GTAO standalone just 6 months ago. Obviously they intend to support it at least until VI comes out, which is at least a couple of years away from now on.

I think they are wrapping up with V's Online. They'll keep supporting it with smallish updates until VI's Online is out and stable.

The reason I say this is that they finally gave us the ability to do CEO/MC/Whatever work in private lobbies. A huge part of their money making scheme was not letting that happen so when people inevitably got their sh*t wrecked by trolls, they'd be more inclined to go by a shark card to make up for the lost funds. The fact that they've let us do this screams "we're preparing this for life support/eventual cut off"

Add CJ to online

2 minutes ago, franloradr said:

a delivery car guy is not a bad idea at all, in fact you would have to pay him/her for bringing your car wherever you told him/her to, so you dont loose your gear unless the car get ruined

They scrapped him from Online because he kept damaging player vehicles before getting them to the player.

I used to play back then and even when people had the phone out animation when checking their phone. sh*t was whack.