1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTA 6 Speculation & Discussion [Part 7] - The one with the announcement

uNi

Spider-Vice
Message added by Spider-Vice,

7 minutes ago, Xquic said:

Anyways, TTWO earnings call on Monday. Hopefully we can get some hints like we did with RDR2 before.

Yup, and GTA V before that I believe. I honestly believe we very well could see VI revealed in October for the big anniversary, although I'm ready to be disappointed. 

6 minutes ago, BigBoyBertram said:

Yup, and GTA V before that I believe. I honestly believe we very well could see VI revealed in October for the big anniversary, although I'm ready to be disappointed. 

It would make all the sense in the world about October, but let's be honest, Rockstar does not think like us, they will only say one thing and continue with the nonsense of Online and CircoLoco Records that nobody is interested in

• Best Bru 1

1 hour ago, Emmi said:

bruh.

You know what would be more "bruh"? If this was in fact the Definitive Edition, the same people who are praising this video would be criticizing Rockstar for "diverging" from the original art style of the games. Funny, isn't? 

Also, Claude look like a f*cking wardrobe, lol

16 minutes ago, Alvaroshi said:

It would make all the sense in the world about October, but let's be honest, Rockstar does not think like us, they will only say one thing and continue with the nonsense of Online and CircoLoco Records that nobody is interested in

Rockstar historically prefers to reveal their next big thing before a Take Two earnings call, specifically, right before the Q2 call for some reason.

So, they're not as unpredictable as many make them out to be. It's just that they're extremely low-key, which clouds things considerably.

• Like 1

ADropInTheOcean
2 hours ago, Emmi said:

bruh.

>character walking around a stock generic pre-built world in Unreal Engine

GAME COMPANY, HIRE THIS MAN

2 hours ago, Spider-Vice said:

Those aren't representative of anything as they can be easily bombed by just one angry dude amassing a group of people and dupe accounts. If you read reviews, either go for user reviews that sound serious and aren't just "f*ck this dev 0 points" (so going through all the review bombing manually) or actual news critics.

It was pretty widely publicised though. And although I would never myself take such reviews as gospel, I’d have a hard time believing all of of those reviews and the media onslaught that came with it had no impact on sales. There was an entire pre order cancellation movement with those review bombs if memory serves me right. And it was all anti woke nonsense that triggered it. So yeah it worries me slightly.

2 hours ago, Zapper said:

I don't think anybody gives two sh*ts about Metacritic user reviews at all. It's either 0 or 10. Totally worthless metric to judge a game. And TLoU2's review bombing prompted them to delay the submission of user scores by 36 hours from release. That alone tells you how ridiculous that entire situation was, and how flawed the system truly is.

And honestly, 5.7 is a far better score than I'd have guessed, considering how hostile certain people were at that time.

If VI gets review bombed on Metacritic of all places, Rockstar wouldn't give a sh*t. They'll laugh all the way to the bank.

I agree, but see above. It’s f’d what happened to Naughty Dog and I wouldn’t wish it on anyone, the hate has already started with all of this toning down news. So it’s not great when we are yet to even see anything.

Edited by DarkDayz

46 minutes ago, ArthurZussman said:

You know what would be more "bruh"? If this was in fact the Definitive Edition, the same people who are praising this video would be criticizing Rockstar for "diverging" from the original art style of the games. Funny, isn't? 

Also, Claude look like a f*cking wardrobe, lol

I remember seeing some dudes angry that the DE didn’t use the GTA IV map like dude that wouldn’t work for so many reasons.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Zapper said:

Rockstar historically prefers to reveal their next big thing before a Take Two earnings call, specifically, right before the Q2 call for some reason.

So, they're not as unpredictable as many make them out to be. It's just that they're extremely low-key, which clouds things considerably.

I do not know for sure if they are going to announce it officially this year, referring to GTA VI as the new entry as such, until the logo is seen and more info is most likely that they would want to do it for next year since they will have more time, but we will see, as time goes by my doubts increase that they want to do it all at once in the fall.

Although it would be the perfect opportunity to announce it on the day of the 20th anniversary of the original Vice City or the day after, maybe as early as November, but I repeat that it is hard to guess as when RDR2 was announced in 2016 of that 6 years ago and the game was released 2 years after that 4 years ago at least they want to wait (improbably) for the 10th anniversary of the release of GTA V in September 2023 or the following month which would be the 5th anniversary of the release of RDR2.

Edited by Alvaroshi

On 7/31/2022 at 11:29 PM, (Vip)Met said:

No one here is expecting a trailer next week

Then what are people expecting? Are they expecting Rockstar to officially announce the game? If that’s so, why should they announce the game without showing at least a teaser? The most plausible window remains October/November of this year. 

1 hour ago, Kolateak said:

Why do they always randomly make the camera wobble :prismkek:

Maybe these are the people who end up being the ones who make first person view bobbing mandatory in games.

F*ck mandatory viewbobbing, in fact f*ck viewbobbing all together. It's only good for making people (aka me) nauseous and it isn't remotely realistic because in real life as you walk your brain normalises everything so you don't notice it.

27 minutes ago, Drummer98 said:

Then what are people expecting? Are they expecting Rockstar to officially announce the game? If that’s so, why should they announce the game without showing at least a teaser? The most plausible window remains October/November of this year. 

A teaser isn't necessarily a trailer, even if it's a video. GTA6 will not be dropped suddenly, if there's any game worthy of being teased it's GTA6, as Rockstar did in the past with the pictures changes and the hashtags for other games

2 minutes ago, KoolHoven said:

I hope GTA VI will have public transport

I know this is too much to ask for, but I really hope we'll be able to drive cars in GTA VI. That would be a dream come true to me, tbh.

3 minutes ago, KoolHoven said:

I hope GTA VI will have public transport

Me too. I really hope we can finally ride the bus as a passenger.

I wanna recreate this scene soo bad in GTA :sadkek:

Edited by Zello
  • KEKW 3

42 minutes ago, Emmi said:

Damn, Liberty City at night during rain is the most atmospheric and cozy a fictional city can get. I love it and now I'm doing another playthrough with the winter mod. It is magnificent. Praise the ones who brought us GTA IV. These people are gaming gods! This story, Nikos story hits me right in the feels every god damn time. I love it! This is peak GTA and you cannot tell me otherwise. A true crime epic that makes you go through all of humankinds emotions. Marvelous!

Man, stop. This is not the place... :modkek:

Edited by Americana

1 minute ago, Americana said:

Man, stop. This is not the place... :modkek:

He’s making us IV fans look bad :sadkek:

For those who don't know Emmi;

To him, something is either the greatest thing ever created by human kind, or the worst thing ever created by human kind.

What he thinks is the greatest and what he thinks are the worst largely depend on what the last thing he experienced was.

Sometime during now and the release day of GTA VI do not be surprised if he goes missing for a few months and comes back out of no where flying the flag of some game he played saying it's the greatest game of all time and that Rockstar are doomed and how he has no hope for GTA VI.

RDR2 pre-launch folk will know this as the "Cycle of Emmi".

24 minutes ago, (Vip)Met said:

A teaser isn't necessarily a trailer, even if it's a video. GTA6 will not be dropped suddenly, if there's any game worthy of being teased it's GTA6, as Rockstar did in the past with the pictures changes and the hashtags for other games

Ok, but what I’m trying to say is that R* doesn’t usually announce a game without showing a brief teaser trailer. At least that’s what happened with their last two games. So if they’re really going to announce GTA VI next week or whenever they will, they’ll probably announce a date for the trailer as well. Since you said nobody is expecting a trailer, then nobody should expect an announcement either, cause I don’t really see them announcing the game and then releasing the trailer months later.

Edited by Drummer98

16 minutes ago, Zello said:

Me too. I really hope we can finally ride the bus as a passenger.

I wanna recreate this scene soo bad in GTA :sadkek:

Speaking of public transportation, if VI is in Miami apart from the Metrorail, we also have the Metromover and Metrobus.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Oh, I'm sure we'll get this. I wonder about the buses, though.

Is Rockstar eager enough to create a working bus network?

Edited by Americana

9 minutes ago, Alvaroshi said:

Speaking of public transportation, if VI is in gta6.miami apart from the Metrorail, we also have the Metromover and Metrobus.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

The unholy quintuple 

27 minutes ago, Reddy_Dufresne said:

The unholy quintuple 

The last pic is the Metrorail, but what you see above are the Metromover and Metrobus, I think that if these people wanted to, they would already have studied how gta6.gta6.miami works with public transport, and the Bus Network that I have seen a comparison of before and that they want to do better:

http://sfmn.fiu.edu/transportations-future-part-1-county-bus-routes-may-be-cut/

I don't know if people around FL are going to bother with minor details like Amtrak and Shuttle service.

Edited by Alvaroshi
  • Like 1

TheOriginalGunslinger

Would it be possible to see the official reveal trailer on the TVs on the in-game apartments televisions in GTA Online teasing the next entry into the series?

I’m gonna be watching it via Rockstar’s website or somewhere online when they do officially drop it but I think letting people watch it would be pretty cool that particular way as well.

Edited by TheOriginalGunslinger

32 minutes ago, Jason said:

To him, something is either the greatest thing ever created by human kind, or the worst thing ever created by human kind.

What he thinks is the greatest and what he thinks are the worst largely depend on what the last thing experienced was.

Sometime during now and the release day of GTA VI do not be surprised if he goes missing for a few months and comes back out of no way flying the flag of some game he played saying it's the greatest game of all time and that Rockstar are doomed and how he has no hope for GTA VI.

RDR2 pre-launch folk will know this as the "Cycle of Emmi".

that being said he’s still probably the most sane person here, atleast from what I’ve seen🤷‍♂️

#TEAMEMMI

GTA Plus Enjoyer
32 minutes ago, Jason said:

Wasn't he going on rants about how RDR1 was a lot better than RDR2 in the previous speculation thread? Or am I mixing him up with someone else? :kekw:

Just now, GTA Plus Enjoyer said:

Wasn't he going on rants about how RDR1 was a lot better than RDR2 in the previous speculation thread? Or am I mixing him up with someone else? :kekw:

Probably. If it wasn't RDR1 or IV it was Bully 2, TLOU1, BoTW or a Mario game.

He came in sporting an avatar related to his new fave game and everything. He's like one of those mascots you see at sports games is our Emmi.

36 minutes ago, Americana said:

Oh, I'm sure we'll get this. I wonder about the buses, though.

Is Rockstar eager enough to create a working bus network?

I really thought that V would have it. All those buses in the trailer.

23 minutes ago, Jason said:

He's like one of those mascots you see at sports games is our Emmi.

Emmi when Bully II gets announced 

:kekw: