Terminator: Survivors | Nacon | 2024

Mister Pink

Mister Pink

Nacon, the developers of Terminator Resistance are working on an open-world survival game set in the Terminator universe. Nacon are the same devs making the new Test Trive Unlimited, Solar Crown. 

Open-World Terminator Survival Game In Development at Nacon - IGN

Here's a teaser.

Here's a good video from Jake Baldino on their previous attempt at a Terminator game and perhaps based on that you can curb your hype and keep realistic expectations. 

Edited by Mister Pink
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
Mister Pink
Posted (edited)

This game is looking decent. Really loving the projects Nacon is doing lately. They're kind of creating this AA+ space. Although, I wouldn't mind if they charged AA prices. 

Edited by Mister Pink

Nacon are more of a publisher FWIW, the studios developing this and TDU3 are different studios altogether.

But yea, I do like that Nacon is operating in the inbetween indie and AAA space, it's what I hoped Embracer would do before their plan... which never made sense truthfully, went royally tits up.

RoboCop, which was a different studio but under the Nacon umbrella, was by all accounts a really solid game with punching above it's weight visuals. I'm hoping that comes to GP one day as I did enjoy the demo, the gameplay felt really, really good.

Hopefully that success will be repeated here.

Mister Pink
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Jason said:

Nacon are more of a publisher FWIW, the studios developing this and TDU3 are different studios altogether.

But yea, I do like that Nacon is operating in the inbetween indie and AAA space, it's what I hoped Embracer would do before their plan... which never made sense truthfully, went royally tits up.

RoboCop, which was a different studio but under the Nacon umbrella, was by all accounts a really solid game with punching above it's weight visuals. I'm hoping that comes to GP one day as I did enjoy the demo, the gameplay felt really, really good.

Hopefully that success will be repeated here.

Ah.. I did not know this. I was wondering because I thought it was a bit suspect that one studio could be doing some many titles at once. Good to know. 

What's this about Embracer? Not to go off-topic. Didn't they acquire Eidos Montreal? It sparked a bit of hope for a new Deus Ex.. 

I've not bought RoboCop yet but will in a sale. I'm being a bit cheap lately when it comes to new titles. 

I'm a huge Terminator fan and whoever is over at Nacon greenlighting publishing deals for things like TDU reboot, RoboCob and Terminator seems to have a some nostalgia there but hopefully is exercising some good quality control. It never seems like a cash cow but more for the love of it. 

Edited by Mister Pink

Embracer acquired a lot of companies in their plan to... acquire a lot of companies.

But they seemingly had no end-goal beyind buying a lot of studios and assuming it'll make them lots of money, but it was, predictably I suppose in hindsight, not a good strategy and when combined with the industry squeeze after the covid boom ended. Since then, Embracer have done massive lay offs, studio closures and are in the process of trying to sell what they can - Free Radicial was shut, Saber's already been cut off with part of it going it's own way, Gearbox is rumoured to be going through some sort of sale too. Expect others... potentially many others.

The new Deus Ex was canned, but rumours of a remake of the very first game still exist.

In short, Embracer's grand plan was ??? and they've since completely collapsed and a lot of developers and studios have even by f*cked by it, are in the process of getting f*cked by it, or inevitably will get f*cked by it. It's a disaster pretty much.

• Like 2