MOTW #203 - Voting Phase  

17 members have voted

1. 1. MOTW #203 - Voting Phase

• Yasir_RFL's Deal with the Devil
    • Keyes_DYOM's Unwanted Intention
    • Rathard's Brotherman Bill
    • zeko's Shadowplay

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/27/2022 at 12:00 PM

Yasir_RFL
19 minutes ago, RithRake24 said:

Some damning and crystal clear evidence of rigging has come to my attention for this edition of the MOTW. At least one vote for @Rathard's entry has been proven to be not genuine, but made at the request of a friend of the mission creator. However, what's worse is that the evidence I've received hints at this friend conspiring to convince more voters, even some who may not have anything to do with DYOM, to vote for this mission in order to unjustly influence the voting in their way. This is a shame, as I felt Rathard's mission this time around was a solid entry.

Unfortunately, in recent times it seems there's a few members who seem keen to misuse the shortcomings of our current voting system for their own 10 minutes of fame, or similarly, someone else's. Reluctantly, I will have to considering trialing a new voting system from next week onwards. It is most likely that we will be outsourcing our voting to a service such as Google Forms. There seems to be no cure for what is just blatant immaturity. As much as it is tedious to make Google Forms for each MOTW edition, not doing so at this point will ruin the integrity and fun of this weekly contest which has years of history behind it.

Any further vote coming in for this week's MOTW after this point will be strictly scrutinised and may be subject to not being counted. Expect some harsh decisions today. I apologise for this measure but I do not want to restart the whole voting process for this MOTW, now that it is almost over. Hopefully we will do better next week.

Brotherman bill Brotherman bill tarararararara @SeanAlgerian

Toriality

Although I joke about it in the Discord (mostly just to cause some discussion and procrastinate a bit from my programming duties) I really wasn't expecting this.

I believe that these things, even if discouraging at present, are there to bring benefits in the long run. We will now have a more secure and customizable voting system.

Anyway congratulations to Rith, it probably wasn't an easy call to make.

Edited by Toriality
  • Like 3

Polski Oski
9 hours ago, RithRake24 said:

Some damning and crystal clear evidence of rigging has come to my attention for this edition of the MOTW. At least one vote for @Rathard's entry has been proven to be not genuine, but made at the request of a friend of the mission creator. However, what's worse is that the evidence I've received hints at this friend conspiring to convince more voters, even some who may not have anything to do with DYOM, to vote for this mission in order to unjustly influence the voting in their way. This is a shame, as I felt Rathard's mission this time around was a solid entry.

Unfortunately, in recent times it seems there's a few members who seem keen to misuse the shortcomings of our current voting system for their own 10 minutes of fame, or similarly, someone else's. Reluctantly, I will have to consider trialing a new voting system from next week onwards. It is most likely that we will be outsourcing our voting to a service such as Google Forms. There seems to be no cure for what is just blatant immaturity. As much as it is tedious to make Google Forms for each MOTW edition, not doing so at this point will ruin the integrity and fun of this weekly contest which has years of history behind it.

Any further vote coming in for this week's MOTW after this point will be strictly scrutinised and may be subject to not being counted. Expect some harsh decisions today. I apologise for this measure but I do not want to restart the whole voting process for this MOTW, now that it is almost over. Hopefully we will do better next week.

Seems like we finally gonna get some new voting system which will be much more fair. I actually want to see what you got there planned in that regard, Rith. 

• Like 2

ZeroRaxo

Congratulations to @zeko for your win

• Like 2
  • Realistic Steak! 1

Spook20
2 hours ago, RithRake24 said:

@Str33t Always been fine with you dickriding Rathard (since that's your choice) but rigging the voting with the assistance of your minions is not something I'd accept, since it takes the fun out of the competition. MOTW needs to be a competition for the best mission, not a competition for who has the most contacts under their influence.

Anyway you're banned from voting in MOTWs in the future. I know you won't give a f*ck but it is what it is. Good day.

spacer.png

Rathard

To ease up the mood, here's my good friend Wilihey playing my Brotherman Bill mission, beware he is very funny, the whole thing is worth a watch: 

• Like 1
  • KEKW 1