MOTW #203 - Voting Phase  

17 members have voted

1. 1. MOTW #203 - Voting Phase

• Yasir_RFL's Deal with the Devil
    • Keyes_DYOM's Unwanted Intention
    • Rathard's Brotherman Bill
    • zeko's Shadowplay

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/27/2022 at 12:00 PM

Impressiveline

No entries so Farr .. Why ?😑

Yasir_RFL
Just now, Impressiveline said:

No entries so Farr .. Why ?😑

Lmao it'll take 2-3 days, have patience mate.

• Like 1

Darrick17

Deteled

Edited by Darrick17

Impressiveline
3 hours ago, Darrick17 said:

Hell Yeah! 

I'M IN!

Good !

jereckdown

is kfc a government agency?

btw im making a mission

Impressiveline
1 hour ago, jereckdown said:

btw im making a mission

lol who said that to you ?

Horus Publishing
8 hours ago, jereckdown said:

btw im making a mission

I've heard that they put microscopic chips and if you eat them you'll be controlled by Illuminati. So, pretty much - yeah.

(ofc this is a joke for dumbos)

Toriality

Since GTA RACOON is in vacation, i will record all your entries for this MOTW. Plus, with a review.

Let's go, folks ;) 

Edited by Toriality

ZeroRaxo

Deadline extended by 6 hours

Rathard

Mission might crash at finale without limit adjuster , it might not idk it's dyom dark magic 

Yasir_RFL

12 mins to end the participantion deadline.

• Realistic Steak! 1

ZeroRaxo

Deadline extended by 12 hours

• Bonk! 1
  • Free Tee 1

ZeroRaxo

Entries has been added

• Best Bru 1
  • Free Tee 1

ZeroRaxo

Voting phase has been started

Yasir_RFL
1 hour ago, Alejandro Luisini said:

We need a feminist theme come on bruh

Grove Street vs Feminists

• Like 1
  • KEKW 1

Toriality

Sorry but I will only be able to upload @Yasir_RFL and @Keyes_DYOM' missions. For Zeko's I apologize but I got really tired after playing all 3 missions, especially Rathard's which I spent almost an hour driving from one city to another, therefore I didn't enjoy your mission very much due to fatigue.

The Keyes mission was the one that entertained me the most, in the sense that I died two or three times and it was fun to try the mission again, something that I usually find boring, but this mission was enjoyable. The story was unrealistic and therefore funny to me, I don't know if this was the intention. I liked the positioning of the actors, but I think it could have added more details and objects in the mission.

Yasir's mission gets my vote. I was between Yasir and Keyes, both have very nice gameplays, but Yasir managed to pay more attention to the use of objects and has more diversified gameplay.

Now, @Rathards mission, I really can't tell if he did it as a joke or if he was being serious. The camera placement doesn't make much sense. The long trips from one area to another are unnecessarily long.

In my opinion, there was plenty of room to make a satire of American culture and politics, which was ignored and instead the author used obvious things and scenes that are there just for the sake of shocking. The offensive things seem to be written there just because the author felt like it, they don't provide any kind of depth or justification. It was just a soup of polemical themes with a mixture of dialogues of questionable humor. 

Yasir_RFL

• KEKW 2

8 hours ago, Toriality said:

Sorry but I will only be able to upload @Yasir_RFL and @Keyes_DYOM' missions. For Zeko's I apologize but I got really tired after playing all 3 missions, especially Rathard's which I spent almost an hour driving from one city to another, therefore I didn't enjoy your mission very much due to fatigue.

The Keyes mission was the one that entertained me the most, in the sense that I died two or three times and it was fun to try the mission again, something that I usually find boring, but this mission was enjoyable. The story was unrealistic and therefore funny to me, I don't know if this was the intention. I liked the positioning of the actors, but I think it could have added more details and objects in the mission.

Yasir's mission gets my vote. I was between Yasir and Keyes, both have very nice gameplays, but Yasir managed to pay more attention to the use of objects and has more diversified gameplay.

Now, @Rathards mission, I really can't tell if he did it as a joke or if he was being serious. The camera placement doesn't make much sense. The long trips from one area to another are unnecessarily long.

In my opinion, there was plenty of room to make a satire of American culture and politics, which was ignored and instead the author used obvious things and scenes that are there just for the sake of shocking. The offensive things seem to be written there just because the author felt like it, they don't provide any kind of depth or justification. It was just a soup of polemical themes with a mixture of dialogues of questionable humor. 

Tbh it is understandable that u r fatigued from playing the missions, but if i were u i would hold on my decision till i play all the missions in the right state of mind

• Like 2

Kingheights

Just played through Yasir's mission 'Deal with the Devil', heres my review of it.
• The good:
 I certainly do enjoy the custom environment that Yasir made. Very smart to use the abandoned airstrip as the site as the site of the wreckage. Vehicle placement and general object placement is top notch. The event that happens and alarm that follows was very unexpected, and was quite a surreal in a good way.
• The bad:
Snipers have stormtrooper aim which doesn’t make sense considering they’re an enemy with a short firing rate but high damage output. The sniper at the top of the tower at beginning for some reason is impossible to avoid, maybe have the sniper follow a 360º path to give the player time to avoid the sniper, or have a object act as a roof for the player to use to avoid getting spotted?

• The nitpicks:
Not sure why a cargo plane is there even though there isn't enough space for it to take off. Also, could of done some proofreading to correct the typos that were present in the mission. Since I couldn’t kill anyone, could of highlighted the bracketed sentences involving suspicious activity in yellow, just so it attracts the player by it’s difference in colour compared to the standard white text.

• Conclusion:
Overall, decent mission, it’s gotten a positive rating from me because the object placement, location used for the concept, and the general set piece that was created with the ending of the mission. Unfortunately the rating doesn’t get higher due to easy snipers, and poor placement of snipers in the beginning. Would definitely recommend this mission in the future. 7/10

• Like 2
  • Realistic Steak! 1

Kingheights

My review of @Keyes_DYOM's entry:

The good:
Quite surprising theres TTS voices. While everyone else believes that it’s a hilarious inclusion, honestly for me I do enjoy the inclusion. The voices here aren’t annoying and do fit the characters well. Sound effects in the cutscenes were nice, especially the readying the pistol sfx. Camera angles were excellent as well, the pause between each of the characters was excellent, as it successfully created tension. Also, gotta give credit to using facial expressions in the cutscenes too.

The bad:
Too many enemies to justify no health pickups. Like 5 enemies coming to swarm me is too much to be honest. Also, it isn’t revealed why Dietrich would blow up the police station to stop corruption, also not sure how blowing up the police station would stop corruption anyways. Plus, what caused the 2 officers to blow up all of a sudden?

Conclusion:
A mission that has characters that voice act albeit in a TTS way, though the choice of voices was pretty good I must say. The minor details like the sound effects and the excellent camerawork help to make the cutscenes be quite engaging to watch. However due to non sensical events that happen in the mission’s plot, and that theres too many enemies to deal with without no health pickups, it greatly impacts my rating on the mission to be more  positive than mixed. 6/10.

• Like 3

Kingheights

@zeko's 'Shadowplay':

The good:
• First off, excellent mission. It’s got great variety, with you first driving, then engaging in a shooting gallery, then stepping into the passenger seat and shooting enemies (if there were, we’ll get to that), and finally engaging in a boss fight. The plot is decent, the dialogue is written well especially with the great vocabulary being used here. Also, great continuity between transitioning to interiors, and great choice of objects for the walls. The boss battle was different, it’s not easy nor hard, and thats what I like. 

The bad:
• The drive-by section I didn’t find myself ever shooting anyone, there were guys to shoot during this section but they were on-foot, and their accuracy was pretty low plus, didn’t have enough time to shoot them. Maybe next time have some enemies chasing you with a vehicle? If thats not possible than discard this criticism I have with this section.

Conclusion:
• The gameplay variety, dialogue and the interior continuity, help to bring this mission to a very positive rating from me. Apart from one section it has no major flaws whatsoever. 8/10

RithRake24

Some damning and crystal clear evidence of rigging has come to my attention for this edition of the MOTW. At least one vote for @Rathard's entry has been proven to be not genuine, but made at the request of a friend of the mission creator. However, what's worse is that the evidence I've received hints at this friend conspiring to convince more voters, even some who may not have anything to do with DYOM, to vote for this mission in order to unjustly influence the voting in their way. This is a shame, as I felt Rathard's mission this time around was a solid entry.

Unfortunately, in recent times it seems there's a few members who seem keen to misuse the shortcomings of our current voting system for their own 10 minutes of fame, or similarly, someone else's. Reluctantly, I will have to consider trialing a new voting system from next week onwards. It is most likely that we will be outsourcing our voting to a service such as Google Forms. There seems to be no cure for what is just blatant immaturity. As much as it is tedious to make Google Forms for each MOTW edition, not doing so at this point will ruin the integrity and fun of this weekly contest which has years of history behind it.

Any further vote coming in for this week's MOTW after this point will be strictly scrutinised and may be subject to not being counted. Expect some harsh decisions today. I apologise for this measure but I do not want to restart the whole voting process for this MOTW, now that it is almost over. Hopefully we will do better next week.

Edited by RithRake24