Forza Motorsport (2023)

Mexicola9302

Yeah, I prefer hearing the more mid and low-end tones of the new title as opposed to the blown-out tinny high-end heavy sounds of the older title. I think the sounds are still there, just maybe they used more mid-pass or low-pass filtering and cut some of the high-frequency end. 

You can probably alter your TV' or audio sources setting to get some of that high-end they cut out. 

I think I understand why people like the gnarlier older recordings but IMO, the new game is mixed better and easier on the ear. In fact the difference of the audio is like for FM7 the audio is recorded to sound in the 3rd person and for FM8 it's recorded to sound like it's the inside: like you are inside the car, wearing a helmet. 

Edited by Mister Pink
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Mister Pink said:

Yeah, I prefer hearing the more mid and low-end tones of the new title as opposed to the blown-out tinny high-end heavy sounds of the older title. I think the sounds are still there, just maybe they used more mid-pass or low-pass filtering and cut some of the high-frequency end. 

You can probably alter your TV' or audio sources setting to get some of that high-end they cut out. 

I think I understand why people like the gnarlier older recordings but IMO, the new game is mixed better and easier on the ear. In fact the difference of the audio is like for FM7 the audio is recorded to sound in the 3rd person and for FM8 it's recorded to sound like it's the inside: like you are inside the car, wearing a helmet. 

ehhh IDK I just think they cut a lot of car sound accuracy to be honest. The way they made the 812 sound like it's a V8 is just wrong. Having been to COTA on track days and all that, I really do not get that feel at all. It's just not there. And being at the track is loud I just don't- all I have to say is look at GT7 and look at this. Enough said. They've gone nothing but backwards. FH5 had its faults but they had made tremendous improvements in regard to sound, it was a step forward. This feels like two steps backwards. And again, those DCT shifts... I really don't know if anyone on their team has even driven a DCT car. When you drive one, there are no gaps. Every shift is bang-bang-bang and it sounds like the engine doesn't even stop between shifts. These cars sound like manuals. It's just silly, coming from a "built from the ground up" simcade racer. It's not even reimagined, IDK what this is but it's not good.

Edited by ddarko12
  • Like 2

Exsanguination

Performs good on XSX but overall kind of underwhelming 

The multi-player sounds good, I did my qualifying races and got the S safety rating and was excited to do some clean races ....first race was an A class event...there was a player in the session with a class P car that lapped me twice (i screenshotted the finishing screen).....another race I was repeatedly being rammed even though I thought I'd be matched with clean racers ....have had issues even joining multi-player but understand things may be busy but now can't even launch a free play race...screen goes black and when I press a button it again asks me to confirm the settings and then goes black again..

.I'll pass on this one for a bit and see if they get anything ironed out

I didn't pay for it though just trying it out on gamepass....

Edited by Exsanguination

Margot Robbed Me

I bought the ZR1 and the motor is whisper quiet up until around 6K then it suddenly gets a lot louder. 😂 Sounds like someone is turning a volume knob on it.

One thing they really need to allow us to do in this upcoming patch is to skip practice before a race in career mode. It's becoming tedious. Having to pause > exit > skip practice, wtf... the menu navigation in general is p sh*te to be fair.

• Like 2

Exsanguination

Well tried it again....Yea f*ck this game

Three times in a row I joined a multi-player race, practice, qualify and then get stuck on 00:01 intermission cool down and can't race ....almost an hour and half wasted just trying to do one race .....I'm DONE now and uninstalled.

Edited by Exsanguination

On 10/17/2023 at 1:51 AM, Exsanguination said:

Well tried it again....Yea f*ck this game

Three times in a row I joined a multi-player race, practice, qualify and then get stuck on 00:01 intermission cool down and can't race ....almost an hour and half wasted just trying to do one race .....I'm DONE now and uninstalled.

That must be hugely frustrating.

Any idea what might be causing it? Overrun servers? Is there any troubleshooting you can do for an issue like that? I've only played a few MP races but had no issues. 

• 5 months later...
Moonshine Wagon Fan

I tried real hard to like this game, but I could never get into it.

I was seemingly running into VRAM issues when it came out, resulting in awful performance, so I never really gave it a go.

But even after positive changes to progression I can't say I'm interested honestly, track racers, as I've known for years, just do nothing for me anymore.