Forza Motorsport (2023)

Mexicola9302

Mexicola9302

Forza Motorsport (2023)

Screenshot-2022-06-12-195336-pc-games1.j

After being teased in 2020, we've finally seen true gameplay of Forza Motorsport, which will arrive in Spring 2023.

Revealed at today's Xbox-Bethesda showcase, we saw a montage of appropriately gorgeous cars racing around similarly lovely tracks. It was followed up by a longer, real-time gameplay demo that showed its upgraded visuals and physics up close.

Representatives from Xbox said it will have a "generational leap in immersion" driven by raytracing on tracks, improved physics and vehicle destruction, and a full day-night cycle.

Forza Motorsport was first announced at 2020's Xbox showcase, where we learned that it will run at 4K / 60FPS. An in-engine teaser showed what the game was aiming for, but we hadn't seen live gameplay until now.

The game's been in testing for some time and, with Forza 7 delisted, its release will be a moment to savour for fans of the simulation racing game. Forza's more carefree cousin, Forza Horizon, got an incredible new installment last year - we awarded Forza Horizon 5 a full 10/10 last November.

Source of text: IGN

CPU: i7-4930K @ 4,2 GHZ Level 3 Cache: 12MB (6 Cores)
GPU: 2x SLI Asus ROG Strix GTX1070-O8G-Gaming 8GB DDR5 V-RAM (MSI SLI HB Bridge)
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 32 GB DDR3 @ 1866 MHZ (Quad Channel)
Soundcard: Creative Soundblaster Z
Mainboard: ASRock X79 Extreme 4
Harddrive: Samsung 840 EVO 1TB SSD (Rapid Mode Activated)
Powersupply: be quiet! POWER ZONE 850W

Mister Pink

Yes, this is looking sweet. Built from the ground up. I'm really looking forward to it. 

Finally some ray-tracing in-game. Also the damage physics look nice for this type of game. 

• Like 1

Mexicola9302

I hope for the same number of cars we had in Forza Motorsport 7, it was 700 after release and 830 ish after all carpacks etc. but i think because it's a reboot it will be less cars.

But yeah the graphics is amazing, i love that there finally is a real time day and night cycle, the way the trees and other stuff looks is just awesome. In FM7 the trees just looked so bad. Hopefully there will be real pit stops too this time.

I used up all 500 livery slots in FM7, that i remember, i still got the game installed. I never liked Asetto Corsa or other racing games. Im glad FM will be released in spring and not in autumn or winter.

I own all cars in FM7 and FH4, but not in FH3 and FH5. It was fun collecting all these cars.

Im really excited to play this game, i just assume Starfield will be released in summer or autumn not in spring, FM will help to kill time until it's released. I will probably also do all weekly and monthly Forzathons to unlock all cars again, like i did in FM7.

• Like 2

GPU: 2x SLI Asus ROG Strix GTX1070-O8G-Gaming 8GB DDR5 V-RAM (MSI SLI HB Bridge)

Covered Wagon Fan

Well I love my Forza Motorsport and Forza Horizon games, so I will be playing this.

• Like 1

Mexicola9302

Maple Valley looks so bad in FM7, i recorded a video 5 years ago to show a stuttering bug, that always happened after restarting a race.

Wow i was a bad driver back then, i still used all helpers to drive, automatic transmission and all that. Now i play it with all off of course.

But yeah Maple Valley just looks bad, especially the trees and stuff.

Few more tidbits in the chain.

A proper refreshed career may get me into it. I'm not massive on checklist career modes, so I hope they may go into a more seasonal proper motorsport style career where they take advantage of the diverse class of cars and offer a series of events that you can choose to take part in, or not take part in. Allow me to progress through the classes and racing I want to progress in, vs just a sh*t ton of cups I've gotta work my way through.

I'm not massive on circuit games these days but hey.. it's on GP, and it looks good, so I'll be for sure giving it a whirl next year.

• Like 4

Mexicola9302

Lol this guy "Klobrille" translated means toilet seat. Just had to laugh reading this.

Good thing I have the Series X now since my PC isn't exactly ray tracing capable.

The Audiophile Thread

LG 32GN650-B | TESORO Gram Spectrum | DeathAdder V3 Pro | Xbox Elite v2 | JBL Tune 720BT | Truthear Hexa

i7 4790K 4.4 GHz | RTX 4070 | 32 GB Crucial DDR3 | ADATA 256GB | Samsung 860 PRO 2TB

Xbox | Xbox 360 | Xbox Series X | PS2 | PS3 | Google Pixel 6 Pro | Fanatec CSL DD McLaren GT3 V2

As someone who has never played forza, whats the difference between this one and the last one that came out recently?

Mexicola9302
7 hours ago, Bigglo145 said:

As someone who has never played forza, whats the difference between this one and the last one that came out recently?

Better graphics obviously, apparently better handling so it feels much more realistic and the cars have better sound it seems.

They mention what they make better in the gameplay reveal.

9 hours ago, Bigglo145 said:

I assume you mean Forza Horizon 5?

Forza Horizon is Forza's open world series, with more arcadey driving physics. It puts an emphasis on arcade style gameplay and a bit of sillyness with things like jumps, smashing things and fantastical stuff like custom maps and expansions like the upcoming Hot Wheels expansion.

Forza Motorsport is the classic track based racing simulator experience. More realistic physics, a mix of real world and original tracks. It's a pure racing game.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Jason said:

I assume you mean Forza Horizon 5?

Forza Horizon is Forza's open world series, with more arcadey driving physics. It puts an emphasis on arcade style gameplay and a bit of sillyness with things like jumps, smashing things and fantastical stuff like custom maps and expansions like the upcoming Hot Wheels expansion.

Forza Motorsport is the classic track based racing simulator experience. More realistic physics, a mix of real world and original tracks. It's a pure racing game.

Thank you, you cleared it up perfectly for me 

I've no experience with this series but heard good things. What puts me off right at the start is the emphasis on how good the environment looks now. That's the least important part in a sim-racing game for me. I mean who cares if the grass is swaying in the wind if you're going 150+ mph for most of the time, eh? Besides the sound of the M8 is horrible. That thing is turning 7-8k rpms in the video and sounds like an US V8 cruising on the highway at 3k.

Here is how it really sounds for comparison.

T1LcMOH.png

Mister Pink
On 6/20/2022 at 1:44 AM, Bigglo145 said:

If I may ad to what Jason said. I would describe the difference is that Horizon is open-world as apposed to track-racing. 

Despite it's  arcade status it's still an evolution on arcade games genre itself. The driving definitely feels more realistic than The Crew or even Need For Speed, which the latter seems stuck in a bygone era compared to Horizon series. Customisation and car modification is much deeper than any other arcade racers. 

It's fun over realism but presented in a more realistic way in the terms of art-direction and physics. Some of the set-pieces tasks are reminsent of The Grand Tour/Top Gear stunts. There are the silly and the fantastical things like Jason said. But if you ignore that kind of stuff it's still presented in a more realistic fashion than your average racer. You can enjoy just driving around, a bit like Test Drive Unlimited and it's still fun. 

It's also worth noting that Horizon series is set in real locations with real landmarks. 

• 1 month later...

I hope the 2023 Forza Motorsport reboot will have some off-road tracks, so that we could finally put the SUVs and off-roading vehicles (like rally cars and trophy trucks) to good use.

• Like 1

Mexicola9302
On 8/11/2022 at 2:43 PM, Ivan1997GTA said:

I hope the 2023 Forza Motorsport reboot will have some off-road tracks, so that we could finally put the SUVs and off-roading vehicles (like rally cars and trophy trucks) to good use.

It would be nice having official offroad tracks, from the World Rally Championship, and it would be totally sweet having the Pikes Peak track ingame.

There are or were offroad tracks in Gran Turismo, the last GT i played was GT4, so i can't say if that is still a thing in these games. But Forza Motorsport deserves offroad racing too. Forza Horizon is just BS, it's too arcadey to me, i want offroad racing in the Motorsport game series.

I really liked the offroad races in Gran Turismo.

The latest Forza Horizon 5 is way too childish and goofy with it's dances and clothing for Avatars etc. it's like they add Fortnite sillyness to the Horizon series, FH3 and FH4 were still allright, well except the Hotwheels and Lego DLC's.

Edited by Mexicola9302
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

Still no release but this game is being built from the ground up. I don't mind, they can take their time. FM7 still looks and plays great for a 5+ year old game. 

4K version. 

• Like 3

Harwood Butch3r
3 hours ago, Mister Pink said:

Still no release but this game is being built from the ground up. I don't mind, they can take their time. FM7 still looks and plays great for a 5+ year old game. 

4K version. 

Yeah dude.

FM7 is still incredible for a game that released in 2017. I’ve been playing it on the Series X and you wouldn’t think it’s just an XB1 game.

I have to admit FM8 (Or just Forza Motorsport) is one of the main reasons I got a Series X. Just like GT7 was when I got a PS5. I like to plan ahead.😛

Love these games. It’ll be out sometime this year at the very least. I’m tipping October/November or something like that.

Edited by Algonquin Assassin
  • Realistic Steak! 1

Covered Wagon Fan

I'm looking forward to racing at the Kyalami circuit.  I don't think I ever raced on that one before.

Holy hell that UI screams "mobile game" or something. Why did they have to change it so much? Otherwise I'm excited. I'm most likely going to buy a racing wheel in the near future and I am going to finish a few racing games ahead of its release (I play so many of them nowadays).

• Like 2

The Audiophile Thread

LG 32GN650-B | TESORO Gram Spectrum | DeathAdder V3 Pro | Xbox Elite v2 | JBL Tune 720BT | Truthear Hexa

i7 4790K 4.4 GHz | RTX 4070 | 32 GB Crucial DDR3 | ADATA 256GB | Samsung 860 PRO 2TB

Xbox | Xbox 360 | Xbox Series X | PS2 | PS3 | Google Pixel 6 Pro | Fanatec CSL DD McLaren GT3 V2

• 1 month later...
Ivan1997GTA

I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but it appears that some cars that were shown off in the trailers will probably not be featured in the game at launch.

Now I take videos like this with a pinch of salt, but it does paint a very worrying picture about Forza Motorsport (2023). My guess is those "removed" cars will probably appear later in the game as part of a "Car Pass" or in special DLC packs.

• Like 1

lol it was bad enough that they didnt bother remodelling a lot of the older cars (which they should, they are very outdated and inaccurate), now this. Then again, they recycled some old Forza Motorsport DLC cars for the Horizon season pass so this is hardly surprising :)

• Like 1

_M0arHnLDgFT.png

Mister Pink

So 6 new cars never been in Forza have been moved from the base game to most likely appearing only in DLC. Not only that but these cars are featured in marketing for the game. On the surface, it doesn't look great. 

I kind of always expected things would change from a showcase to delivery. 6 new cars that have never been in the game before out of a game that will have 500+ cars. Perhaps it's misleading to use these as marketing for a game that's not out yet. If it were me, I'd only market a game with content in the base game. But I also think they're entitled to showcase their new cars. It still is Forza content. Those cars still are part of the game. And, it we know DLC car packs are a large part of Forza. So what's the f*ck up here?  Yeah moving cars shown as base game cars into DLC. Not too good at all. 

What I suspect may have happened, and it's not so shady but maybe a bit reckless. Development teams and creatives showcased their new artwork and cars but upper management makes a decision after the fact that these new cars should be behind a paywall. On one side you can't fault the dev team for wanting to showcase their new work and then management comes in and puts the cars as DLC to try to recoup development costs and hit revenue targets. But I'm purely speculating. It could be that they were sneaky and it was a deliberate ploy to trick people into wanting their content, then putting it behind a paywall. Maybe I'm naive or an optimist but I'd like to think it's the former. Basically, I'm saying, I'm sure there are people on the dev team that aren't happy with this decision but it's 1 or 2 management types calling these decisions.

Either way, it should be called out. 

• Like 1

Why is Forza Motorsport plagued with microtransactions drama yet Forza Horizon, which as far as I'm aware is significantly more popular these days, absolutely fine on that front?

The f*ck are they doing at Turn 10 lol.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Failed Again

Not sure this impacts Forza, atm:

doesn't say when he left..

"Gavin Raeburn, the driving force behind Playground Games and Forza Horizon, reveals new AAA studio, Lighthouse GameGavin Raeburn, the driving force behind Playground Games and Forza Horizon, reveals new AAA studio, Lighthouse Games."

From:"Gavin Raeburn, the driving force behind Playground Games and Forza Horizon, reveals new AAA studio, Lighthouse Games." - Games Press

From: Playground co-founder Gavin Raeburn starts Lighthouse Games to develop AAA game based on new IP | Game World Observer

Who is Gavin Raeburn?
"Raeburn started his gamedev journey in 1986, when he joined Codemasters as a freelance programmer.
His video game credits include franchises like DiRT, Pro Tennis Simulator, GRID, and Forza Horizon.
After more than 24 years at Codemasters, he joined Trevor Williams and Ralph Fulton to form Playground Games where he served as CEO and studio director.
Raeburn helped the company ship all the games in the Forza Horizon series, including its latest fifth installment".

Edited by Failed Again
  • Like 1

That's more related to Horizon than Motorsport. That said, Playground is a well oiled machine at this point, they'll no doubt have people ready to step up.

• 1 month later...
Covered Wagon Fan

Cover art revealed:

spacer.png

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
Covered Wagon Fan

Out on the 10th of October.  Excellent!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Note. mind this is on Series S ^^^^^^^^

Seems like they drove poorly to demo the sounds.

Wouldn't cars fly off the track bumping like they do often?

Edited by Failed Again
  • Like 1