4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

MOTW #203

Toriality

MOTW #203 - Voting phase  

37 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite mission of the Misson Of The Week #203 contest?

• BREAKING THE MISSION - Ricsow
    • WHY YGE KILLED ROBERT? - YGE
    • SUPER DYOM KART - The Half-Blood Prince
    • HOW TO BECOME A PSYCHOPATH - Toriality
    • SILICONE VALLEY - Zeko
    • BASED COMMUNITY - Yasir RFL
    • THE LAST GOODBYE - Robert17
    • STARDUST CRUSADERS - BobBobowski
    • TAKE DOWN THE FALSE DISCORD SERVER - RedBaronFromTheUG
    • RAXO'S COMEBACK - ZeroRaxo
    • OPERATION CONTAIN GROVE ST - Kingheights

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/18/2022 at 03:06 PM

20 minutes ago, ZeroRaxo said:

Bruh u werent lying when u said u will do it on discord

Legit this theme became such a meme that everyone participated no i wont follow through

• Like 1

Toriality
Posted (edited)

Voting phase has started!

Poll created with all the 11 entries. Check the thread's first post to get the voting phase countdown and other details. Good luck to all the participants. Reviews, feedbacks and other comments are now allowed and very welcomed

Edited by Toriality

Guinness world record for motw participants goes here

Robert17
1 hour ago, Toriality said:

Voting phase has started!

Poll created with all the 11 entries. Check the thread's first post to get the voting phase countdown and other details. Good luck to all the participants. Reviews, feedbacks and other comments are now allowed and very welcomed

Yeah i'm definitely not thoroughly reviewing 10 missions (mine excluded) 💀

Str33tD4wg

If Raxo doesnt win, yall niggas got no taste 🥱 on God on God 

• Like 3

Robert17
9 minutes ago, Str33t said:

If Raxo doesnt win, yall niggas got no taste 🥱 on God on God 

fr fr

RedBaronFromTheUG

GTARaccoon's recording doesn't have the proper SD, there is a song in the final battle, and the ambience is not supposed to play in certain parts, it doesn't represent the mission in it's entirety.

Toriality
6 minutes ago, RedBaronFromTheUG said:

GTARaccoon's recording doesn't have the proper SD, there is a song in the final battle, and the ambience is not supposed to play in certain parts, it doesn't represent the mission in it's entirety.

Might be a bug that happens when you play many missions without reloading the new game, it breaks the SD somehow.

Nice mission btw. Expect a review soon.

Kingheights

Should submit this to the guinness book world records for most MOTW entries ever submitted in a DYOM contest.

RedBaronFromTheUG

No votes is my equivalent of no bitches.

Yasir_RFL
1 hour ago, RedBaronFromTheUG said:

No votes is my equivalent of no bitches.

Robert doesn't need bitches, he got homies for every work. 🥵

I'm late...I guess, next time then ;)

zakarum5835

Just finished to play all missions and I guess, my vote goes to Yasir. :santa:

Kingheights

Review on YGE's 'Why YGE killed Robert?:'

Gameplay was standard DYOM mission stuff, cutscene at the beginning drive here kill someone then drive there. What was really cool though is the attention to detail in the bedroom; a bookcase pizza on the desk and yeah. Also neat that there were easter eggs, not gonna spoil it but there are definitely easter eggs. Another thing that sells it is how a car parks next to the house during a small part of gameplay, and you assume you take that car which you do indeed do, very nice.

Also found it funny Robert casually assumes that the door smashing is his father haha. 
Now, the attention to detail aspect was great, gameplay though was average. You walk out, grab this car if you want, go here drive there kill robert and yeah. The timed part though was a decent addition, though I felt it was too easy, 1 minute is too generous make it at least 40 seconds, thats a normal difficulty skill but 1 minute thats a very easy difficulty skill. Intro was weak, you don’t simply say to the audience how I killed Robert, let alone how you killed his family in the same sentence seperate the kill family part slow the pacing down a bit.

Overall, I give this mission a 5/10, it has nice details, good comedic writing at the robert part and good backstory, but suffers from a bad intro and average gameplay. Would I play this mission again? No as there isn’t much replay value, but it is worth considering revisiting if you’re doing a MOTW 203 marathon.

Robert17

I've decided to criticize both Raxo's and Yasir's missions because there are too many missions that it's gonna be a hassle to review each of them so I'm just gonna focus in what's more important (since they're both higher in votes).

Based Community (by @Yasir_RFL)

Spoiler

Let me just get to the good part. This mission's plot is alright because Yasa definitely fits to be an antagonist. He has done so many bad things to this community, but the worst is that he created a copycat discord server, with the aim to lead the DYOM website users to think that his server is the official one. Dude's been given many chances but still as a result he never learned to be a better person. This mission shows that we as a community should despise bad figures like him. But still, it's quite an unorginal and dull concept, so dull that another mission already exists based on the same thing.

Anyways, off to the bad part. While this mission provides a good message, it's so bad by the mission itself. Call me a skill issues person, but the mission is so unnecessarily difficult. Some enemies are headshottable while some are not. Because the enemies all have high HP and 100 accuracy I think that's way too much.

Because of the theme, the missions are supposed to have a good humor, but this one fails to do that in my opinion. Instead of providing a memorable and laughing experience, you have to bear with 100 accuracy enemies.

Raxo's Comeback (by @ZeroRaxo)

Spoiler

This is a gem. I laughed the whole mission. While it provides good humor it also has a really unique concept, which was to make a DYOM mission inside DYOM. No one really bothered to execute that except Raxo. His addon also manage to mimic DYOM on DYOM very well because the addon makes it so that the actors and camera icon object can be passed through and give them markers on the map.

The sound files definitely improve the mission's experience. The robot voices given to the characters make it so funny. There are other sound effects such ambient music, CJ's voice lines, door smashing and fusebox sounds which are good appetizers.

But the unique concept is still being improved upon progressing with the mission. Because the protagonist plays DYOM inside DYOM, CJ comes back to life and things get out of control and so he had to shut down DYOM for good. Such unexpected and unprecedented ending makes me give this mission a high five.

This masterpiece was meant to be an awesome experiment and it's so original unlike some of the missions in this MOTW, including Yasir's.

Honestly this one deserves the win. It's an unique experience that beats Yasir's easily.

P.S The door smashing part was good and hella funny.

• Like 3

Toriality
Posted (edited)

My rating:

Super DYOM Kart by @The Half-Blood Prince

Spoiler

Rank #1
Overall Rating: Best Gameplay

• 100% replay value, very addictive
  • Joke with SeanAlgerian and rainbow flags
  • Creative and unexpected concept
  • Good positioning of objects
  • Challenging
  • The map selection scene makes me want to play the other maps too, and I hope one day these levels will be made

Silicone Valley by @zeko

Spoiler

Overall Rating: Most creative

• Interesting and totally different story and concept
  • Challenging, in the right proportions
  • Interesting use of objects and interiors of the game
  • Lots of easter eggs
  • Funny dialogue and well written
  • Average replay value

Based community by @Yasir_RFL

Spoiler

Overall Rating: Funniest

• Hilarious and unexpected ending
  • Difficulty a bit above my preference
  • Very entertaining
  • Fun dialogs
  • Average replay value

Breaking The Mission by @Ricsow

Spoiler

Overall Rating: Most fitting to the theme

• Manages to bring together inside jokes, mod limitations, mod features, and the developers in a single misson, into a story that brings all of these elements together in a coherent and funny way.
  • Simple use of objects
  • Good replay value

Raxo's Comeback by @ZeroRaxo

Spoiler

Overall Rating: Unique

• Concept never explored before
  • Use of self-made assets which enhances the experience and makes it more unique
  • The author switches between a cartoonish and a dark humor style
  • Some bugs due to the additional mods

Take Down the False Discord Server by @RedBaronFromTheUG

Spoiler

Rank #6
Overall Rating: Very good

• Excellent use of objects and locations
  • Funny dialogs
  • Interesting but very short shootouts

The Last Goodbye by @Robert17

Spoiler

Overall Rating: Good

• Is funnier than the YGE mission
  • Pushing the car was a good idea but with me the car got stuck

Why YGE Killed Robert? by @YGE

Spoiler

Rank #8
Overall Rating: Why?

• I found an easter egg
  • Is Robert adopted?
  • Why?

Stardust Crusaders by @BobBobowski

Spoiler

Rank #9
Overall Rating: Could be good

• Totally buggy
  • Without the bugs, it seemed like a really cool mission

Operation Contain Grove St by @Kingheights

Spoiler

Rank #10
Overall Rating: Not finished

• Unfinished mission
  • Had potential

How to become a psychopath by @Toriality

Spoiler

Overall Rating: Trash

• The worst mission I have ever done. I did it for the sake of participation, please don't take this mission seriously.
Edited by Toriality

Yasir_RFL

@Robert17 The theme is "Meta-DYOM" it was never mentioned that you need to create a comedic masterpiece, but thanks for reviewing anyways.

@Toriality

spacer.png

4 hours ago, Roxie said:

I'm late...I guess, next time then ;)

You better join the next one.

Horus Publishing

Is this a new record of participators in MOTW (in years 2020-22)? I think so :) 

Robert17
16 minutes ago, Yasir_RFL said:

@Robert17 The theme is "Meta-DYOM" it was never mentioned that you need to create a comedic masterpiece, but thanks for reviewing anyways.

@Toriality

spacer.png

You better join the next one.

but cuz of all the sh*tposts we're seeing here the mission should've been comedic

ZeroRaxo
1 hour ago, Robert17 said:
Spoiler

P.S The door smashing part was good and hella funny.

I think the 791340525646512168.webp?size=4096&quality=lossless skin played a part in that bro

ZeroRaxo
1 hour ago, Toriality said:

Some bugs due to the additional mods

May I know what bugs did you experienced by using the mods?

For clarity, I'll list the function of the mods I included in the modpack:

rcm.cs:

Spoiler

*Stands for 'Raxo's Comeback Mod'.
-Disables entrance markers (and 'ENEX' code if you're using DYOM#) where you're not supposed to exit the interior. It does reenable them when you're meant to leave.

-Enhances the 'designing in DYOM' part; Disables the collision on the other CJ, Raxo, and Robert's actor, and the 'cutscene' object. It also gives a yellow arrow to the other CJ actor, and is later changed to a white arrow, and the yellow arrow transferred to the 'cutscene' object instead to simulate DYOM's objective system.

object.dat:

Spoiler

*Lists the stats of all objects in GTA SA.
-Changes the health of security keypads to be destroyable in just one hit, instead of 13 hits. As having to punch the fusebox for 13 hits would kill the pacing.

Edited by ZeroRaxo

Toriality
Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, ZeroRaxo said:

May I know what bugs did you experienced by using the mods?

For clarity, I'll list the function of the mods I included in the modpack:

rcm.cs:

Reveal hidden contents

*Stands for 'Raxo's Comeback Mod'.
-Disables entrance markers (and 'ENEX' code if you're using DYOM#) where you're not supposed to exit the interior. It does reenable them when you're meant to leave.

-Enhances the 'designing in DYOM' part; Disables the collision on the other CJ, Raxo, and Robert's actor, and the 'cutscene' object. It also gives a yellow arrow to the other CJ actor, and is later changed to a white arrow, and the yellow arrow transferred to the 'cutscene' object instead to simulate DYOM's objective system.

object.dat:

Reveal hidden contents

*Lists the stats of all objects in GTA SA.
-Changes the health of security keypads to be destroyable in just one hit, instead of 13 hits. As having to punch the fusebox for 13 hits would kill the pacing.

In the part about destroying the fusebox, a yellow marker appeared along with the white marker. I thought it was to go to the yellow marker and I spent a long time trying to find it, then I asked zeko what I had to do, he explained, and then I finished the mission. I don't think it is entirely clear that the only two markers on the map should be ignored and that the fusebox is actually on the side of the house.

My logic was that since the white marker represents CJ in DYOM, I should ignore it, and go to the yellow marker, since it's the only thing that is left in the map.

The green fusebox mark is only available without the addons.

Edited by Toriality

ZeroRaxo
11 minutes ago, Toriality said:

In the part about destroying the fusebox, a yellow marker appeared along with the white marker. I thought it was to go to the yellow marker and I spent a long time trying to find it, then I asked zeko what I had to do, he explained, and then I finished the mission. I don't think it is entirely clear that the only two markers on the map should be ignored and that the fusebox is actually on the side of the house.

My logic was that since the white marker represents CJ in DYOM, I should ignore it, and go to the yellow marker, since it's the only thing that is left in the map.

The green fusebox mark is only available without the addons.

I see, yes. I forgot to hide the white and yellow markers after the 'designing' sequence, will fix it when the MOTW is over. Also so that is why the green fusebox blip didnt appear in the map. SA can't handle more than 2 blips, note taken.

Str33tD4wg

DYOM'ers: Oh look! An experimental, actually original mission, that strives to do something never achieved before by any being in this community, and that pushes the limits of DYOM designing beyond the norm no one thought could be surpassed

Also DYOM'ers: OMG XDDDDDD ANOTHER UNORIGINAL BORING DULL ASS MISSION???? KILL YASA??? AHAHAHA FUNNIEST sh*t I'VE EVER SEEN TAKE MY VOTE 😂 🤣👌

Toriality

I'm having nightmares with raxo tts voice saying "SCM buk".

ZeroRaxo
2 hours ago, Toriality said:

I'm having nightmares with raxo tts voice saying "SCM buk".

cry about it