Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. The Criminal Enterprises
      2. Updates
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Blood Money
      2. Frontier Pursuits
      3. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      4. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

      1. Bugs*
      2. St. Andrews Cathedral
    2. GTA VI

    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Classic GTA SA
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Classic GTA VC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Classic GTA III
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

MOTW #202


zeko
 Share

Who should win MOTW#202?  

15 members have voted

  1. 1. Vote now:

    • Toriality - Explosive Parkour
    • Stardust101 - Dark Side of the Basket
    • Ricsow - The Racetrack Conspiracy
      0
    • RedBaronFromTheUG - Freerunning Madness
      0
    • Mister A - Race for Love
    • Yasir RFL - Converting Vision

This poll is closed to new votes

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/10/2022 at 02:00 PM

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

MOTW #202

GBlYHlm.png

For rules and guidelines, click here.

 

IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER

Posting reviews/feedback before the participation deadline is strictly NOT allowed. You may post reviews/feedback once voting starts.

 

Theme:

spacer.png

SPORTS

 

 

Description of the theme

Sports pertains to use of any competitive physical ability, that maintains to overall improve skills while providing enjoyment to the participants (can be a form of game).

 

IMPORTANT NOTE: Blatant troll behavior will NOT be tolerated.

 

Entries

 

Toriality

Explosive Parkour

 

Stardust101

Dark Side Of The Basket

 

Ricsow

The Racetrack Conspiracy

 

RedBaronFromTheUG

Freerunning Madness

 

Mister A

Race for Love

 

Yasir RFL

Converting Vision

 

 

Deadlines

Participation: 8th of June, 2022 - 18:00 PM (GMT Timezone)

Voting: 10th of June, 2022 - 18:00 PM (GMT Timezone)

 

 

 

Credits

AnDReJ98 - Founder & Co-Leader

RithRake24 - Co-Leader (2019-present)

Target13 - Co-Leader (2014, 2018-2019)

Chips237 - Co-Leader (2013)

The Odyssey - Founder of the first MOTW Discussion Thread

@zeko - Winner of MOTW #201 and host

Edited by zeko
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yasir_RFL

Giving yourself some credits wasn't necessary ig. 

If that's important then give me some credits too for letting you win. XD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Yasir_RFL said:

Giving yourself some credits wasn't necessary ig. 

If that's important then give me some credits too for letting you win. XD

It was supposed to be this way anyway lmao, no offense XD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Stardust101

@zeko Hey, are we supposed to recreate sports in DYOM (Football, basketball, etc.) or we can just do a mission related to sports?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Darrick17

What? This weird theme 🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

entries added

good luck

 

yeah i was late ok

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yasir_RFL
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, zeko said:

entries added

good luck

 

yeah i was late ok

Still earlier than M3, atleast this topic has a theme pic. 

Edited by Yasir_RFL
My dawwwggg
  • KEKW 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Voting has begun

Good luck to the participants 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

BobBobowski

f*ck yeah, guess who returned

  • Like 1
  • Bonk! 1
  • Realistic Steak! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

RedBaronFromTheUG
50 minutes ago, BobBobowski said:

f*ck yeah, guess who returned

Welcome back, Bobby! Looking forward to see what kind of wacky ideas you have in mind.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Toriality

Dark Side of the Basket

Spoiler

Sn2kf4m.gif

 

Highs:
I liked the gameplay of the mission, even though it was very simple. It has an aspect that gave me a certain nostalgia, a feeling of playing a random mission picked up straight from the DYOM website. The extra objects inside gave it an interesting new look. It is one of the rare times when a simple gameplay is a positive point.

 

Lows:
Almost half of the mission are cutscenes, and they are very static and monotonous. Perhaps using timeouts (to form dialogs) while the player is free to explore the location would be a better approach. Did the shotgun man had a heart attack or died from cringe? Unclear for me.

 

Overall Rating: 6/10
Certainly not one of the author's best missions, but it was a good experience.

 

The Racetrack Conspiracy

 

Spoiler

Highs:
First mission I've played from Ricsow and I can say that I hope to see more missions from him in the future.  I don't know if the rain was something automatic from the game or something put in by the author, but I thought it fit well with the tone of the story. It was the only mission in the contest that used boats and in practice it was pretty cool, an extra point for innovation.

 

Lows:
The cars on the starting line were positioned opposite, causing a serious accident on the track. My theory is that the person I accidentally killed at the starting line was part of the mafia and due to his death they followed me to the bar to get revenge, and that would be a more interesting story than the original.

 

Overall Rating: 6.2/10
Overall it was an interesting experience. I hope to see more of Ricsow's projects soon.

 

Freerunning Madness

 

Spoiler

Highs:
The location chosen suits the theme well. Custom skins and the music were nice additions that added extra value to the experience.

 

Lows:
Some objects were poorly positioned. After passing through the window we are teleported to another building, but with no windows behind it. I feel it lacks a timer, it would fit with the mission proposal.

 

Overall Rating: 6/10
This mission was done in a hurry, you can see that, the lack of testing caused some objects to be badly positioned, affecting the fun of the gameplay in a big way. If it were better worked on the mission it would have the potential to achieve a grade of 8 or above.


Race for Love

 

Spoiler

Highs:
Literally every aspect of the gameplay is amazing and very fun to play. The use of the routepoints in the cars, especially the main car, is so perfect that it looks (slightly) like it was made using CARREC. Simply the best mission. Challenging, fun, high replay-value and well crafted.

 

Lows:
There was no reason to put a slowmotion cutscene at the beginning, it made it slower to skip the cutscenes when I went to try the mission again. The story could have been summarized in fewer cutscenes, or presented in a more exciting way.

 

Overall Rating: 9/10
I always expect the worst when I see a racing mission, especially knowing the limitations of DYOM, but this one went way above my expectations. The use of the exploding barrels to give a "time limit" racing effect was very clever. The difficulty is just right. As said above, the gameplay is pretty much perfect.


Converting Vision

 

Spoiler

Highs:
The shooting competition scene was OK. It was a good attempt by the author to innovate and create objective objects in which we have to shoot.

 

Lows:
Lack of memorable moments. Apart from the shooting competition scene, almost no objects were used.

 

Overall Rating: 5/10
Just like the RedBaron mission, this one seemed to me like it was done in a hurry, or maybe the theme let the author out of his comfort zone. The author seems to have thought too much about the story and failed to fit the personality of the story into the gameplay, leaving the mission inconsistent, along with all the other flaws it has. The weakest mission done by Yasir so far.

 

 

Gameplay of each entry:

 

Spoiler

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Best Bru 1
  • Realistic Steak! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Stardust101
20 minutes ago, Toriality said:

Did the shotgun man had a heart attack or died from cringe? Unclear for me.

 

The shotgun man was shot by Mick (the player) from behind. Mick hid inside the room and when the man passed him, Mick shot him in the back.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

RedBaronFromTheUG
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Toriality said:

Freerunning Madness

 

  Reveal hidden contents

Highs:
The location chosen suits the theme well. Custom skins and the music were nice additions that added extra value to the experience.

 

Lows:
Some objects were poorly positioned. After passing through the window we are teleported to another building, but with no windows behind it. I feel it lacks a timer, it would fit with the mission proposal.

 

Overall Rating: 6/10
This mission was done in a hurry, you can see that, the lack of testing caused some objects to be badly positioned, affecting the fun of the gameplay in a big way. If it were better worked on the mission it would have the potential to achieve a grade of 8 or above.

-

 

1 - Thanks, i wanted to add an guy that looked like a parkour artist, and added some cool parkour song to fit in as to not make it super boring.

2 - Which objects specifically? I tried to like make some destroyed thingys that stick to the side of buildings and make the player grab onto 'em to get up as to not make it that easy, defo skill issues, i even tried making a weird pipe-way that seamed into an other building.

I agree with your second statement, i focused too much on gameplay and object and actor positioning that i forgot making the teleport sensical, i should've included one of those "construction offices" on top of the building to represent the rooftop entrance.

An timer would've definitely made more sense, the guys wouldn't wait for Daniel forever if we take this in the realistic approach. Maybe 7 minutes (7 ingame hours) max would've worked better with the proposal.

3 - Yeah, procrastination and studies really sabotaged my entry, "lack of testing" is quite a hard blow, considering i made several tests to make sure the parkour wasn't too hard and neither too easy. I definitely agree with the last statement, if i had managed my time better not just this week but the entire year, i would've definitely made a much better mission, may this serve as a lesson to myself.

I thought i was gonna get a worse rating but i think it's fair game, shame it wasn't a 7 but that can be fixed in later MOTWs. Thanks for your input, i'll take your criticism into consideration, have a nice day, and a good night.

Edited by RedBaronFromTheUG
I wanted to make this a more aesthetically pleasing read.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yasir_RFL
2 hours ago, Stardust101 said:

 

The shotgun man was shot by Mick (the player) from behind. Mick hid inside the room and when the man passed him, Mick shot him in the back.

Lmao we know, although you should have added blood effect + aim animation in mick

Link to comment
Share on other sites

zakarum5835

Am I able to vote? If yes, I'm gonna check it out all these missions. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yasir_RFL
56 minutes ago, zakarum5835 said:

Am I able to vote? If yes, I'm gonna check it out all these missions. 

Yes you can.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Robert17
Posted (edited)

Alright people. I thought about giving my review here but not a long one with overall rate like before because I've been busy with studying.

Ranking missions from best to worst:

Explosive Parkour by @Toriality

Spoiler

This one got my vote. The mission concept itself was unique and fun, stressful at the same time because i'm not a parkour type person. So yeah, pretty much nothing bad to say about it.

 

Freerunning Madness by @RedBaronFromTheUG

Spoiler

Because Toriality made basically the same mission as this but with that unique concept in mind, this one's a clear defeat. I'm sorry about that, bro.

 

Race For Love by @Mister A

Spoiler

The gameplay stood out but one flaw was this "Nate" guy because the mission didn't show in detail who he was, so I bet he's a stupid excuse for enemies to be involved to spice things up???

 

The Racetrack Conspiracy by @Ricsow

Spoiler

The story took a dramatic turn and I liked that, the gameplay was nothing interesting though.

 

Dark Side of The Basket by @Stardust101

Spoiler

The plot was kinda average. What didn't make sense is the mission title itself because I thought it meant a fact about the sport itself that no one knows about but it was just about a corrupt guy who liked basket.

 

Converting Vision by @Yasir_RFL

Spoiler

The gameplay was odd af because some enemies had 100 hp while some others were unreasonably tanky. As for the story itself... God. It's too horrendous to explain it in text so I'm just gonna show this image here.

spacer.png

 

Edited by Robert17
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Robert17

Also my bad that I forgot about Ricsow's mission. I edited now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

RedBaronFromTheUG
24 minutes ago, Robert17 said:

Freerunning Madness by @RedBaronFromTheUG

  Hide contents

Because Toriality made basically the same mission as this but with that unique concept in mind, this one's a clear defeat. I'm sorry about that, bro.

-

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Toriality
On 6/8/2022 at 9:48 PM, RedBaronFromTheUG said:

-

 

1 - Thanks, i wanted to add an guy that looked like a parkour artist, and added some cool parkour song to fit in as to not make it super boring.

2 - Which objects specifically? I tried to like make some destroyed thingys that stick to the side of buildings and make the player grab onto 'em to get up as to not make it that easy, defo skill issues, i even tried making a weird pipe-way that seamed into an other building.

I agree with your second statement, i focused too much on gameplay and object and actor positioning that i forgot making the teleport sensical, i should've included one of those "construction offices" on top of the building to represent the rooftop entrance.

An timer would've definitely made more sense, the guys wouldn't wait for Daniel forever if we take this in the realistic approach. Maybe 7 minutes (7 ingame hours) max would've worked better with the proposal.

3 - Yeah, procrastination and studies really sabotaged my entry, "lack of testing" is quite a hard blow, considering i made several tests to make sure the parkour wasn't too hard and neither too easy. I definitely agree with the last statement, if i had managed my time better not just this week but the entire year, i would've definitely made a much better mission, may this serve as a lesson to myself.

I thought i was gonna get a worse rating but i think it's fair game, shame it wasn't a 7 but that can be fixed in later MOTWs. Thanks for your input, i'll take your criticism into consideration, have a nice day, and a good night.

I just wanted to point out that score of 5 or 6 is still good, at least in my intention. School traumatizes us a little bit about grades, because if we get anything below average we fail, so getting a 5 and getting a 0 at school is basically the same thing. But that was not my metric when scoring the missions. I had fun playing each mission, but when it came time to write the review I tried to be as technical as possible.

 

Also, you don't have to worry too much about time. In Yasir's case his electricity was going out on the day he was doing the mission, so he only had a few working hours to do it, so I think a 5/10 on a entry done in a few hours is already a very good achievement.

 

2- The one I spent 5 minutes trying to jump (probably my skill issue) and the one in police scene next to the dumpster, this one I really think it's bad placement because the player bugs when it touches it.

 

That said, congratulations to all the participants.

 

I hope to see the same enthusiasm in the next MOTW, it's great to see the community actively participating in the events :)

Edited by Toriality
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yasir_RFL
3 hours ago, Toriality said:

I just wanted to point out that score of 5 or 6 is still good, at least in my intention. School traumatizes us a little bit about grades, because if we get anything below average we fail, so getting a 5 and getting a 0 at school is basically the same thing. But that was not my metric when scoring the missions. I had fun playing each mission, but when it came time to write the review I tried to be as technical as possible.

 

Also, you don't have to worry too much about time. In Yasir's case his electricity was going out on the day he was doing the mission, so he only had a few working hours to do it, so I think a 5/10 on a entry done in a few hours is already a very good achievement.

 

2- The one I spent 5 minutes trying to jump (probably my skill issue) and the one in police scene next to the dumpster, this one I really think it's bad placement because the player bugs when it touches it.

 

That said, congratulations to all the participants.

 

I hope to see the same enthusiasm in the next MOTW, it's great to see the community actively participating in the events :)

Ayyy, congratulations mate. And yeah; ratings doesn't affect me much I just love getting review from people, I won't let it affect me in a bad way and learn something good to become better everytime. I love participating and will always. 

Start the freaking #203 I'm buckled up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rathard
On 6/8/2022 at 4:11 AM, Yasir_RFL said:

That image goes so hard

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.