2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

What is the most stable version currently?

RazorITA

RazorITA

Hi guys, I'm back on the forum after a long time and I notice that there are many new mods like Dyom IX, Dyom red, various addons, sa mission maker.

I wanted to know which one is currently the most stable and used one, and which one do you prefer?

• Like 1

Toriality
Posted (edited)

The most stable is the currently official version, which is DYOM 8.1.

DYOM IX has a ton of new features, but is very unstable.

DYOM REd seems to be very stable and will probably be the new official version of DYOM soon, hopefully.

SA Mission maker has gained popularity in the last few weeks, I don't have much information yet regarding how stable it is, many people are testing the mod and giving feedback.

My opinion is, if you wan't to try something more innovative and still have people downloading your mission/storyline/MP, try out REd version.

If you wan't to participate in DYOM official events like MOTW, u must use DYOM 8.1.

Or you can try SA MM, which I don't have an opinion on it yet.

Edited by Toriality
  • Like 1
  • Free Tee 1

RazorITA
48 minutes ago, Toriality said:

DYOM REd seems to be very stable and will probably be the new official version of DYOM soon, hopefully.

SA Mission maker has gained popularity in the last few weeks, I don't have much information yet regarding how stable it is, many people are testing the mod and giving feedback.

My opinion is, if you wan't to try something more innovative and still have people downloading your mission/storyline/MP, try out REd version.

If you wan't to participate in DYOM official events like MOTW, u must use DYOM 8.1.

Thank you for the answer! I'll trust in you and I'll try dyom red.

However, I am very happy to see people keep making updates on a mod for a game that is now really old

It's an immortal game

Horus Publishing
Posted (edited)

Hello!

DYOM Remastered is the most stable. If you want to go more "experimental" try either Mission Maker, or DYOM IX. If you know LUA programming, they definetely check out LDYOM (LUA DYOM) :) (it's like a editor how Rockstar would create the game, but more advanced with nodes & other sh*t) 

Edited by Horus Publishing
  • Like 1

Anaesthesia
Posted (edited)

Thanks for the information you've given, @Toriality and @Horus Publishing. I've quitted caring about DYOM for some months, only to bump into a dozen of alternatives. :D

Edited by Anaesthesia

TheEmptyProd.
On 6/1/2022 at 6:05 PM, Toriality said:

SA: Mission Maker is a Completely New Mission Editor. It was written fully from Scratch.  Not another DYOM Fork

7 hours ago, Anaesthesia said:

Thanks for the information you've given, @Toriality and @Horus Publishing. I've quitted caring about DYOM for some months, only to bump into a dozen of alternatives. :D

SA: Mission Maker is a completely new Mission Editor. It was written fully from Scratch.  Not another DYOM Fork

The John David

I prefer DYOM v8.1 is stable and recommended enough along with installing some add-ons made by @SIZZZ. REd received new features but there's been some crashing issues. IX is the newest DYOM that receives more features than REd, but with the use of Limit Adjuster can cause more significant problems, both game and the DYOM itself. No idea how SA: Mission Maker works since I haven't tried that yet, but it does influence DYOM.

In conclusion? This is entirely up to you to choose which versions you would like to use.

• Free Tee 2

TheEmptyProd.
On 6/6/2022 at 8:45 AM, The John David said:

I prefer DYOM v8.1 is stable and recommended enough along with installing some add-ons made by @SIZZZ. REd received new features but there's been some crashing issues. IX is the newest DYOM that receives more features than REd, but with the use of Limit Adjuster can cause more significant problems, both game and the DYOM itself. No idea how SA: Mission Maker works since I haven't tried that yet, but it does influence DYOM.

In conclusion? This is entirely up to you to choose which versions you would like to use.

So. Try SA: Mission Maker. Such a number of Opportunities, as in SA: Mission Maker, DYOM never dreamed of!!!  SA: Mission Maker is a BRAND NEW Mission Maker that has absolutely nothing to do with DYOM!!!

• Like 1
  • excuseme 1

RazorITA
On 6/10/2022 at 11:48 PM, TheEmptyProd. said:

So. Try SA: Mission Maker. Such a number of Opportunities, as in SA: Mission Maker, DYOM never dreamed of!!!  SA: Mission Maker is a BRAND NEW Mission Maker that has absolutely nothing to do with DYOM!!!

I've tried Mission maker and I have to say it's really well done, although for some things I think it's gotten more complex than dyom.

So I am currently continuing to use dyom, but will be following mission maker updates with interest!

I just hope it doesn't become like LDYOM, expected by everyone, revolutionized, but so much too complex that it was immediately forgotten.

• Free Tee 1

TheEmptyProd.
On 6/13/2022 at 4:57 AM, RazorITA said:

I've tried Mission maker and I have to say it's really well done, although for some things I think it's gotten more complex than dyom.

So I am currently continuing to use dyom, but will be following mission maker updates with interest!

I just hope it doesn't become like LDYOM, expected by everyone, revolutionized, but so much too complex that it was immediately forgotten.

Well, it's obvious that the more new features and mechanics there are, the harder it is to get used to. I once couldn't figure out DYOM, either. But then it was just like clockwork. There are, of course, things that are really worth simplifying. Naloger is making an update in which the creation of Cutscene will be similar to DYOM