3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

Call of Duty Modern Warfare II (2022)

DODI3OG

On 9/16/2022 at 6:13 PM, DEADWOODZ said:

Watched the event last night and honestly ground war in this years CoD might just scratch that Battlefield itch, looks great!

I might just pick it up if I liked the Beta. MW2019's gunplay was addicting af. The SBMM was kinda off, but it pushed me to learn new tricks such as jumpshots and slides.

Here's hoping guns are actually good and more balanced. On normal matches, M4 had always been my go-to, although I switch to MP5 every now and then. MP7 was my hardcore main. As for Warzone, I loved the crossbow with explosive tips.

Gameplay videos from the Open Beta early access are up. I would have to play it before I'm making my initial impression, but from the way it looks, it seems like it is MW2019 toned down a bit.

I loved the slower-pace of MW2019 as it made the game more strategic and less just running around. It looks like they also toned down the recoil. The lighting is more like Black Ops II; with more saturated textures.

Although, from what I've seen from the trailers, they're leaning away from the groundedness of MW2019. TF141 now looks like a mix between the original and the COD Ghosts characters.

From what other streamers have said, some maps are designed like COD Ghosts, where there were more than 3 lanes which led to fewer gunfights and more camping. There is a map where a terrace offered long sightlines and it was right on the middle. It reminded me of Blops 3 and Advanced Warfare maps where verticality was the main point of gameplay.

So, Open Beta for PS users just went live.

Had a lot of fun on that Hotel map, but the one in the scrapyard with similar layout to that british map in MW2019 has a lot of long sightlines. You could either get shot from the roof or that building across the map. Not to mention there's another rooftop sightline fronting the tall warehouse.

Milsim operators are the only ones with realistic gear, for those junkies like me. Most of the operators are too tacticool.

Next, I think gunplay is still on par with MW2019, still max of 5 attachments. Hitscan is still awful. You could be landing headshots, but if the enemy has lower ping, then they've probably landed the killing blow a few ms before.

Edited by DODI3OG

• 2 weeks later...

IMO COD MW 2019 was better than MW2 (beta)! 

Gameplay - animations - maps were better!
And I'm tired of this sh!t old garbage engine....! 🤮

But still I won't refund the game.... :jkek:

8 hours ago, WanteD1 said:

If it wasn't because of my friend who begged me to preorder GOW Ragnarok instead, I would have pre-ordered MW2 2022. I think I saved myself from buyer's remorse in the future.

The maps in the beta were awful. The hotel area alone had power positions with good sightlines. That shoothouse/hackney-style map also has 3 power positions that make target-acquisition confusing. The ping is really high (SRSLY SBMM focus again??) and the hitscan was awful. A lot of times I was sure I landed three headshot hitmarkers, but it seemed like I only landed one on the killcam.

The animations are also arcadey, which I think is more comfortable for the gameplay. I play MW Remastered every now and then and the animations are almost the same, except you can't tac sprint on it and there was virtually no vertical recoil.

I agree with you that MW2019 beta was better. Azhir Cave was probably the best map for slower-paced gameplay. Just the right balance of knowing possible enemy positions and not getting bored on the big map.

Hackney Yard was good for fast-paced gameplay as well as some camping. But there were enough obstacles to cut sightlines, unlike that new map.

MW2019 also had claymores and mines in the beta IIRC. Whereas they weren't there in MW 2022 beta, so I didn't bother unlocking them. It was really easy to get flanked. IDK if it was due to the lack of red dots on the minimap.

• Like 3

I'm not big with COD anymore, but is it fair to say that the general reaction to the MWII Beta has been one of frustration and disappointment from many? IW and Activision marketed this game as if It was a return to the glory days of 2009's MW2, but the reality is that the game seems like MW2019 Part 2. MW2019 was very successful due in large part to warzone, but it was still very divisive, often being cited as one of the best and worst COD's ever made. 

Any other thoughts from guys playing the Beta?

Edited by BigBoyBertram

10 minutes ago, BigBoyBertram said:

I'm not big with COD anymore, but is it fair to say that the general reaction to the MWII Beta has been one of frustration and disappointment from many? IW and Activision marketed this game as if It was a return to the glory days of 2009's MW2, but the reality is that the game seems like MW2019 Part 2. MW2019 was very successful due in large part to warzone, but it was still very divisive, often being cited as one of the best and worst COD's ever made. 

Any other thoughts from guys playing the Beta?

So, what do you think of SBMM and sweats?

Me, personally, I'm a tryhard. But, I wouldn't go as far as labelling myself as a sweat since I don't mind losing as long as I tried hard. XD

• Like 1

Just now, DODI3OG said:

So, what do you think of SBMM and sweats?

Me, personally, I'm a tryhard. But, I wouldn't go as far as labelling myself as a sweat since I don't mind losing as long as I tried hard. XD

I don't like SBMM. I'm fine with sweats and tryhards because they are playing the game legitimately. There have always been sweats and try hards in COD, I respect those players. The problem is SBMM just makes it all so sweaty, you know? A couple of really try hardy matches just kind of put me off entirely. I've always been pretty casual around COD so that's probably why lol. 

Just now, BigBoyBertram said:

I don't like SBMM. I'm fine with sweats and tryhards because they are playing the game legitimately. There have always been sweats and try hards in COD, I respect those players. The problem is SBMM just makes it all so sweaty, you know? A couple of really try hardy matches just kind of put me off entirely. I've always been pretty casual around COD so that's probably why lol. 

I am one of those bunny-hoppers, but I've only done it because it would have been disadvantageous otherwise. The SBMM in this game is srsly messed up. IDK why Fortnite could pull it off without being frustrating. Fortnite also has proximity-based matchmaking in addition to SBMM, so my ping was never that high to begin with.

Most of the time, my problem is mostly on the ping and hitscan.

I mean just because I managed to be on the top 3 on the winning team doesn't mean I play like a pro. :jkek: IW said SBMM had always been there, but I don't recall sweating myself to win a round in MWR. SBMM was okay on that game, there were rarely instances where I got pupstomped (something which SBMM claims to fix), whereas it was more often in MW2019 and MW2022.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Nice graphics and gunplay. Probably an excellent campaign, but right now, I'm not looking forward to the MP and Warzone due to SBMM. I think I'm sticking to MW2019 or MWR.

• Realistic Steak! 1

On 9/25/2022 at 12:45 PM, WanteD1 said:

Refunded!

Waiting for Warzone 2 F2P :prismkek:

• KEKW 2

1 hour ago, WanteD1 said:

Refunded!

Waiting for Warzone 2 F2P :prismkek:

Was it released already? I have a love-hate relationship with MW2019. I loved the gunplay on MP and I played a lot of Warzone matches back in the days, but I can't stand the hitscan netcode. I can't stand my f'n ping messing up the hitscan and it's more or less the same this time even with an arguably improved perk system.

I guess I'm just gonna wait for a price drop a couple of years from now and just play the campaign.

Edited by DODI3OG

11 minutes ago, DODI3OG said:

Was it released already? I have a love-hate relationship with MW2019. I loved the gunplay on MP and I played a lot of Warzone matches back in the days, but I can't stand the hitscan netcode. I can't stand my f'n ping messing up the hitscan and it's more or less the same this time even with an arguably improved perk system.

I guess I'm just gonna wait for a price drop a couple of years from now and just play the campaign.

No, I played the beta and it was ok but I expected more than that! IMO MW2019 was better!
For me MW2019 and cold war net code was ok!(66-70ms from middle east servers + 120-150ms from Europe servers!) 

Don't waste your money for this crap... I say Free Warzone 2 is enough! it's just my opinion but I don't think COD campaign worth the money! I even didn't play mw2019-CW campaigns:sadkek: (but I loved old MW1-2-3 campaigns when I was a kid, I tried the remaster but it was boring for me...😁)

Edited by WanteD1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, WanteD1 said:

No, I played the beta and it was ok but I expected more than that! IMO MW2019 was better!
For me MW2019 and cold war net code was ok!(66-70ms from middle east servers + 120-150ms from Europe servers!) 

Don't waste your money for this crap... I say Free Warzone 2 is enough! it's just my opinion but I don't think COD campaign worth the money! I even didn't play mw2019-CW campaigns:sadkek: (but I loved old MW1-2-3 campaigns when I was a kid, I tried the remaster but it was boring for me...😁)

Was it even possible to choose servers in MW2019? I didn't know that. In MWR 70ms is my max ping. In MW2019, it was always 200ms, same for my cousin.

I might give Warzone 2 a try, if it's still full of hackers and the skins look stupid, I'm gonna skip it entirely. Right now, I'm more hyped for MW3 remastered so I can finally finish the classic trilogy story.

7 minutes ago, DODI3OG said:

Was it even possible to choose servers in MW2019? I didn't know that. In MWR 70ms is my max ping. In MW2019, it was always 200ms, same for my cousin.

I might give Warzone 2 a try, if it's still full of hackers and the skins look stupid, I'm gonna skip it entirely. Right now, I'm more hyped for MW3 remastered so I can finally finish the classic trilogy story.

lol no! but you can ban IP range for servers that you don't want to join!(For PC I mean, you have to google it to find it)

For ping / joining servers problem you can try this https://www.exitlag.com/

Edited by WanteD1

4 minutes ago, WanteD1 said:

lol no! but you can ban IP range for servers that you don't want to join!(For PC I mean, you have to google it to find it)

For ping / joining servers problem you can try this https://www.exitlag.com/

I'm on console, though. Would have been cool if I tried that. Anyway, I might try that link you share tomorrow. I've been having 200ms lag in BFV as well, even on JP servers. Strangely, in Apex Legends, we had better ping and server load-in from UK servers compared to closer ones.

11 minutes ago, DODI3OG said:

I'm on console, though. Would have been cool if I tried that. Anyway, I might try that link you share tomorrow. I've been having 200ms lag in BFV as well, even on JP servers. Strangely, in Apex Legends, we had better ping and server load-in from UK servers compared to closer ones.

You can ban IP range for servers that you don't want to join on PC / Laptop and then share the internet to console...  

3 hours ago, WanteD1 said:

You can ban IP range for servers that you don't want to join on PC / Laptop and then share the internet to console...  

I'll pass. Last thing I wanna do is have my laptop running all day just to tether internet to my console, I wouldn't do it even if I have a PC.

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE!!

The campaign wax excellent. No, I didn't buy the game, buy I watched the campaign via Youtube and I enjoyed it.

As I speculated elsewhere the Spec-Ops and Warzone will mostly consist of throwback missions. MW2019 was about Al Asad, Mw22022's Spec Ops/Warzone will probably be about Shepherd or Makarov. Makarov will probably survive for MW3.

Miss Malevolent

I'm enjoying the campaign thus far. I'm just biding my time until the multiplayer launches this Friday. I can't wait.

I can confirm the campaign is very good. Graphically its excellent, performance is very good on PC.

Plus, there are a nice mix of mission types this time around, some you can even tackle a couple different ways if you so wished. 

Another thing I'm enjoying is I don't think the enemies are a walk in the park this time around. I always do one playthrough on regular then one on veteran/realism. Even on regular the enemies have good aim, TTK is high, and there are a lot of armoured enemies. It actually creates a nice challenge and made me approach it with a slightly more tactically, rather than jump shotting my way across the level. So veteran/realism is going to be a treat :bruh:

Only thing I cannot get on board with is the new Ghost/Soap. The OG Price was a legend but the new Price done a decent enough job for me in the 2019 MW that I could let it go. However, I think the voice actors for the new Ghost/Soap are shockingly bad. Soap especially. 

• Best Bru 2

SIG-2.jpg

I like how they're integrating survival tactics on the campaign. Armors were carried over from Warzone 1, and the backpack feature is probably gonna get carried over to Warzone 2 from the campaign.

The campaign seems to be more replayable than even MW2019.

2 hours ago, DODI3OG said:

I like how they're integrating survival tactics on the campaign. Armors were carried over from Warzone 1, and the backpack feature is probably gonna get carried over to Warzone 2 from the campaign.

The campaign seems to be more replayable than even MW2019.

I completely forgot to mention the backpack system. It is a great touch. 

I do forget to use it though, I'm used to such linear COD games, having a touch more freedom sometimes goes missing in my gameplay 😅

SIG-2.jpg

11 minutes ago, LittleBlueTroll said:

I completely forgot to mention the backpack system. It is a great touch. 

I do forget to use it though, I'm used to such linear COD games, having a touch more freedom sometimes goes missing in my gameplay 😅

I hope it gets carried over to Warzone 2. I might just consider playing the game.

I love having a backpack system since I'm more of a survivalist type of gamer. I like having different tools for different scenarios. Also, I hope we get to make molotovs and pry tools. It'd be a waste if they don't integrate such a well-thought system into Warzone.

• 2 weeks later...

This game is a clusterf*ck to download. So I bought the disc version of the game here in Malaysia for my PS5. I downloaded the game on my console, did the update and then saw that I had to download the add-ons to play the campaign, multiplayer etc... Since I have a european PSN account, I had to create a new asian PSN account just to be able to access the data packs on the PlayStation Store because add-ons are region locked. I was then able to download the Campaign packs and play it, but once I wanted to try to play the local multiplayer, I couldn't. 

Now here is the thing, I don't have a PS+ subscription so I can't play online multiplayer. My intention was just to play the local multiplayer against bots or someone else using two controllers. The thing is that when I try to launch the local multiplayer, I am met with a message saying "Status: Installing", whichprevents me from getting the option to download the Multiplayer Pack. So I looked online and saw that this message is actually a glitch (that hasn't been fixed yet, there is a way to fix this but it involves connecting to online services and therefore requires a PS+ subscription. I tried the alternative of managing the game content because I should normally be able to download every add-ons that the game has on there, but for some reason, the campaign pack are the only ones that show up. Normally, the multiplayer, co-op and Warzone 2 packs should all be there, and none of them are. I have looked all over the internet for answers, but as usual in this sort of scenario, I kept getting irrelevent and unhelpful results. So I guess I am sh*t out of luck, because I can only play the campaign since none of the other data packs are available to download.

• KEKW 1

BigBoyBertram

So, for those that are playing, how are y'all feeling about this one?

10 minutes ago, MrBreak16 said:

This game is a clusterf*ck to download. So I bought the disc version of the game here in Malaysia for my PS5. I downloaded the game on my console, did the update and then saw that I had to download the add-ons to play the campaign, multiplayer etc... Since I have a european PSN account, I had to create a new asian PSN account just to be able to access the data packs on the PlayStation Store because add-ons are region locked. I was then able to download the Campaign packs and play it, but once I wanted to try to play the local multiplayer, I couldn't. 

Now here is the thing, I don't have a PS+ subscription so I can't play online multiplayer. My intention was just to play the local multiplayer against bots or someone else using two controllers. The thing is that when I try to launch the local multiplayer, I am met with a message saying "Status: Installing", whichprevents me from getting the option to download the Multiplayer Pack. So I looked online and saw that this message is actually a glitch (that hasn't been fixed yet, there is a way to fix this but it involves connecting to online services and therefore requires a PS+ subscription. I tried the alternative of managing the game content because I should normally be able to download every add-ons that the game has on there, but for some reason, the campaign pack are the only ones that show up. Normally, the multiplayer, co-op and Warzone 2 packs should all be there, and none of them are. I have looked all over the internet for answers, but as usual in this sort of scenario, I kept getting irrelevent and unhelpful results. So I guess I am sh*t out of luck, because I can only play the campaign since none of the other data packs are available to download.

Sound annoying AF. Wish I could help you out...

BigBoyBertram
12 minutes ago, D T said:

when I'm in a sh*t level design competition and my opponent is infinity ward

a3f3bcd22c81a933beda67c11d92bd43.jpg

I heard that border crossing map with all the cars might be the worst COD map of all time lol

Miss Malevolent

Multiplayer is buggy as all hell, but when it works it's great. Except for the Taraq map. That map sucks balls.

• Like 2

On 11/6/2022 at 4:40 PM, Miss Malevolent said:

Multiplayer is buggy as all hell, but when it works it's great. Except for the Taraq map. That map sucks balls.

I haven't dug in to the MP, hardly at all.

None of my friends play online anymore (RIP the MW2,MW3,Ghosts and Black Ops days)

However, I will happily play Warzone 2 solo when that drops. 

• Like 1
  • Best Bru 1

SIG-2.jpg

On 9/25/2022 at 8:43 PM, DODI3OG said:

The country's education system focuses on STEM subjects. About 7% of students study computer sciences and about one in five studies manufacturing or construction. However, these are only a few of the many areas of specialization.

The country's how to hire developers for a startup are well-educated and are experienced in foreign project development. They also offer competitive rates, and IP protection.

The cost of business resources is significantly cheaper than other advanced economies. This makes Romania an attractive outsourcing destination for international companies. Several tech giants are present in Romania, including Huawei, Samsung, Gameloft, Hewlett-Packard, and Amazon.

The IT outsourcing sector in Romania accounts for 6.2% of the country's GDP. The sector provides significant value for outsourcing, and is considered to be one of the main pillars of the national economy.

Totally agree, I think another 2-3 months and make a great bug-free game

Edited by billyroberts