2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

GTA Online is stuck the 1990s when it comes to clothing

SadieAdler

SadieAdler
Posted (edited)

So every time I jump onto GTA Online, I feel like I'm being thrown back to the 1990s or early 2000s. 

First of all, I completely get why it's probably very difficult for them to currently add high-waisted clothing into the game, given the way they likely built and scripted player avatars to wearing clothing. This game did come out in 2013 after all...

I'm not here to discuss the fact that NPCs have way nicer clothing than us; that point has been beaten to death already. I'm talking about the low-waisted clothing. From jeans to leggings, skirts to sweatpants. Everything is low-waisted (i.e the waistband sits below the navel, on the groin). I'm sure that Rockstar are very well aware that low-waisted clothing for women hasn't been in fashion for almost two decades now. Like I said, they probably can't do anything about it because of clipping issues and compatibility etc. I've no doubt they'll fix this in GTA 6. Red Dead Online already has high-waisted pants for females. In general, female anatomy is drastically improved in RDO. 

Wearing crop tops is torture in this game. A crime against fashion. Try wearing one with anything low-waisted and it just looks bad. It's about showing off your midriff, not your bloody groin. I can't emphasize enough how much better outfits would look if there were high-waisted skirts and pants like the NPCs have.

Needed to rant about that, thanks for your time. 👀

Edited by SadieAdler
typo

ghostsoap01

Considering a few npcs that share the player model (like Wendy) have high-waisted pants, and the fact that there's that one model of high-waisted pants we can wear, its not out of the realm of possibility that we get more like that in future dlcs. I doubt it will ever happen though given R*'s laziness.

• Like 4

theguy1998

It's very funny when the "most rare" t-shirts are just random coloured with a big PNG image on it. What a laziness.

• Like 7

Bella Odessa

Y2K fashion is back, but I know that's besides the point lol

I would love for a pair of high-waisted pants besides the ones that are restricted to just three colorways of the same blouse. Maybe R* will give us more clothes with the new update, and other subsequent updates; who really knows? But I like to think I can make real good outfits with what I have. There's even enough in the game right now to follow some more current looks/trends. It just takes patience. I've made it kinda a hobby to see what I can come up with next: 

Mexicola9302

Why not use the clothing topic?

• Like 1
  • Free Tee 1

Aquamaniac

Most players look like demons or soldiers or demon-soldiers or in general try to look as stupid as possible.

Mexicola9302
Posted (edited)

So somebody wants Steve Urkel pants, how should that be modern in any way? This really is a thing now? I must have missed this. I honestly don't give a f*ck about fashion.

cd6c4c1e19156ccb849cabc151d3c527.jpg

Edited by Mexicola9302

Spider-Vice
54 minutes ago, Mexicola9302 said:

Why not use the clothing topic?

Personally I wasn't sure if OP was only talking about women's clothing or clothing in general so I didn't merge the topics or direct them there, but if that's the case I suppose that existing topic could indeed be used? Clothing has always been a big point of debate in GTA Online so these discussions will (and have for years) pop up from time to time :) 

• Like 1

image.pngut_dog.png   image.png

let your hopes and dreams turn into burning fire!

GTANet | Red Dead Network | kifflom 

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

ShmuckaRucka

I dont care about high waist or low waist but fashion in GTAO is pretty trash for the most part

• Like 1

Mexicola9302
Posted (edited)

Just googled "crop tops". OP says the game is stuck in the 90's, but what are "crops tops" it's fashion of the 90's, huh yeah i don't understand the whole point of this thread. If somebody chooses to wear 90's clothing and then says, the game is stuck in the 90's. Nope doesn't make sense.

I can also drive a 90's car ingame, and tell the game is stuck in the 90's, it would be the same thing...

Edited by Mexicola9302

Rev. Gnash
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Aquamaniac said:

Most players look like demons or soldiers or demon-soldiers or in general try to look as stupid as possible.

GTAVI needs to be set during the 70's.

Fashion, music and the criminal class, had some finesse.

Edited by Rev. Gnash

Mexicola9302
5 minutes ago, Rev. Gnash said:

GTAVI needs to set during the 70's.

Fashion, music and the criminal class, had some finesse.

Yeah 70's would be awesome for the next GTA. Music was cool, cars were cool, helicopters are already a thing, fashion looked good compared to the 80's, but the first mobile phones were huge, but also already existed in the 70's.

Mafia III was pretty nice yeah, but that took place in 1968, a bit later and GTA VI would be perfect.

• Like 2

Nutduster

The game was not really built for the kind of long-term, infinite flexibility that it ideally would have. In most ways it feels like they didn't expect it to be such a huge hit or to still be putting out regular content updates nearly a decade later. I imagine the next GTA Online will improve on that--if it ever comes.

Nerfgoth
2 hours ago, Mexicola9302 said:

So somebody wants Steve Urkel pants, how should that be modern in any way? This really is a thing now? I must have missed this. I honestly don't give a f*ck about fashion.

cd6c4c1e19156ccb849cabc151d3c527.jpg

I like fashion but practical and not to tight. Nothing like this;

fashion-belinskaya-12-scaled.jpg

2 hours ago, ShmuckaRucka said:

I dont care about high waist or low waist but fashion in GTAO is pretty trash for the most part

Both my male and female runs around in cargo pants function over form buuuuut it looks good too!

• Like 2

SadieAdler
9 hours ago, Mexicola9302 said:

Just googled "crop tops". OP says the game is stuck in the 90's, but what are "crops tops" it's fashion of the 90's, huh yeah i don't understand the whole point of this thread. If somebody chooses to wear 90's clothing and then says, the game is stuck in the 90's. Nope doesn't make sense.

I can also drive a 90's car ingame, and tell the game is stuck in the 90's, it would be the same thing...

I don't quite know why you've decided to take such a passive aggressive response to my post, if you 'couldn't care less' about fashion as you stated in your first comment, why on earth are you commenting? You decided to join in on a discussion completely optional to you, that's on you love

Coleco
On 5/24/2022 at 2:45 PM, Nerfgoth said:

I like fashion but practical and not to tight. Nothing like this;

fashion-belinskaya-12-scaled.jpg

To be honest, that headgear looks like the kind of thing R* would add to GTAO :D Wouldn't mind those stockings, gloves and corset though - even if they'd be better suited to Cyberpunk 2077.

It's kinda disappointing that I dress more exciting in reality than my avatars can in games these days, and I'm not an extrovert by any means

Cyoctane
Posted (edited)

The game has way bigger problems when it comes to clothing, mainly layering. The amount of things you can't wear together because they didn't bother allowing models to make slight adjustments to accommodate other pieces is infuriating. Or worse, when you go to put on a pair of shoes and it forces you to change into sweatpants even though there clearly wouldnt be any clipping issues 

Edited by Cyoctane

Big Molio

Even back in the day when I used to play Smackdown games, you could layer up clothing in the Create-A-Wrestler section.