2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

Do you have a Unique Jump camera problem?

SilverOne

Hi all,

I'm experiencing a rather irritating Unique Jump (UJ) bug where the slow-motion camera view is not reset.  While jumping you get the nice slow-motion external view, and it should return to a normal view when you hit something (ground, wall, roof, etc).

But about half the time (and getting worse) the game will just keep the slow-motion camera and not return me to my default view.  I can run, drive, shoot, enter/exit cars/bikes, but all of that from that single-spot, external, slow-motion viewpoint.

I have deducted the following details from my experience

(if anyone has similar experiences but can counter my "facts" please do so! )

"facts":

- It happens only on slow-motion camera jumps (duh! )

- It happens more often if you're further along the game

- The game usually recovers in 15-45 seconds. (just stand still or drive around or something)

- If during the 'bug' you crash of your bike, it almost never recovers

- The airport is the favorite hangout of the bug as it appears to occur more often there...

- it happens regardless of the time of day

- it happens in both the PCJ600 and the 'nascar type' car (from SunS. Autos) these are the only ones I tried them in.

Workarounds:

- Hang on to your bike (don't fall off, as you will not get up until the game recovers), and hope for it to recover.

- EDIT: DELETED. the given workaround did not work (it involved getting behind the camera)

I hope I'm not too confusing, and that it has helped someone cope with this bug.

Sorry for the long post  :/

:rah:

sys specs: Athlon 800, GeForce 2GTS, SB Live Value, 768 MB

The Quick and the Dead

I had this bug 'once' and it was in gta3, when I was using the Reverse Breaking tunnel along with GhostMaster 2000's car spawn mod.  Somehow I got stuck in one position, i could drive cars near and far, i even got in the tunnel and started driving around.  He apparently knew about it and fixed it.  I suppose your problem could be fixed in mission scripting, but I've never noticed it.  If anyone else noticed it, please post so we can find out if this guy is crazy or what.

UPDATE:

Sadly, my work-around is bogus, it does not work.

I'll edit the above post to reflect.

But the problem still persists, anybody else have the problem (or even a solution) ??

Cheers!

This may be too easy, but since it's not mentioned in your post: you have tried changing the cameraview manually after the jump, right?

I had/have this problem in GTA3, after completing all of the unique jumps.  Even when I started a new game, every UJ I took would send the camera in to slow-mo, and it would never recover.  What worked there, (I have not played Vice enough to have the problem to find out if it would work) is I would type in the time speed up code.  That would take me right back into normal playing speed.  You may want to try the new time speed up code for VC to see if that works.

I did not try reinstalling GTA3 because of all my mods...I don't want to have to go back and redo all of them (only car and texture mods, no trainers or any teleporters or anything fancy, so it shouldn't be the mods causing the problem).

I had this problem in gta3 but i havent had it (yet?) in vice city. in gta3 i just went back to where the camera was and parked under it and waited till it changed back, i had the radio on so it wasnt so fustrating  :D

:)  Yes, I did try the camera change button, it did not help...

I don't have any mods installed, so they can't be the problem.

I'll try the speed-up code sometime.

but one question:

Won't that be "recorded" by the game as cheating?

Atomic178: usually I just stop where I am and go get some coffee or do something else that takes a couple of minutes. If it hasn't recovered by the time I get back, I re-load my savegame and try again  :(

but one question:

I don't know...I've read the posts about cheating, but I can't say if using a speed up or slow down code is cheating, or if playing as someone else is cheating...giving full health or no wanted is cheating, but I don't know if using the time codes hurts the game.  Watching your criminal rating might tell you...if it goes down, then I guess they are considered cheats.

but one question:

I don't know...I've read the posts about cheating, but I can't say if using a speed up or slow down code is cheating, or if playing as someone else is cheating...giving full health or no wanted is cheating, but I don't know if using the time codes hurts the game.  Watching your criminal rating might tell you...if it goes down, then I guess they are considered cheats.

but one question:

I just press F1, F2, F3 randomly, sometimes that does help.  If not, I alt+tab out of the game, and alt+tab back in and that usually works

I just started to get this bug as well.  Happens on every Unique Jump.  I'm at 94% when this started.  Have 4 jumps left to get so this is really making it a pain.  

BTW, thanks 1337jman.  The alt-tab seems to fix it (sometimes takes a few tries) but it is still annoying to deal with.

Flashpoint

this happens also to me when i fly over a UJ with the skimmer or helicopters. The camera does not go back to the default unless i hit the ground.