2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

Who in their right mind thought it was a good idea to have the player character show the same entry/exit wound effects as NPCs??

LucidLocomotive

LucidLocomotive

This is completely stupid. One of the worst things about GTA V. I understand having blood and other indicators that you’ve been hit, but it’s completely ridiculous to walk around as Michael Franklin or Trevor riddled with bloody entry and exit wounds all over your chest, shoulders, and torso. In some missions it’s almost unavoidable and it even carries over into CUTSCENES. Did seriously nobody think “maybe we should change the way bullet wounds appear on the player character compared to the NPCs”?

• Like 5

Mexicola9302

After getting full HP again, it only takes a while and all the wounds and bulletholes are gone.

Just go to a vendor machine, after you been hit.

• 5 months later...
universetwisters
On 4/21/2022 at 12:31 PM, LucidLocomotive said:

Did seriously nobody think “maybe we should change the way bullet wounds appear on the player character compared to the NPCs”?

They like it cuz they think it makes them look cool

Right? Teams of world class talent crunching from across the globe with an unlimited budget to create the most believable world possible and they somehow left this goofy sh*t in. They could've at least had a check at the start of each cutscene that tells the game to clean the player's clothing.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
LucidLocomotive
On 10/5/2022 at 3:23 PM, D T said:

Right? Teams of world class talent crunching from across the globe with an unlimited budget to create the most believable world possible and they somehow left this goofy sh*t in. They could've at least had a check at the start of each cutscene that tells the game to clean the player's clothing.

Exactly it really is confusing. It had to have been some kind of bug in the code that they felt was not worth the effort to fix. I can't imagine they left it intentionally. I really wish I could ask a houser about it lol. With other games, you "take damage" but you can at least just pretend getting "hit" is simply having a close call or getting skimmed or something. But not with this game,  nope. It's all in your face abut it like "Franklin literally just got shot through the heart and he's fine". 

• 3 weeks later...

Is this intended to be a little circle jerking kind of thing, about limited perspectives? And no mention about there being wounds and stains of blood which heal over time? I mean, look. A point certainly could be made about the absurdity of recovering from multiple shot wounds over a fine cup of... soda, but perhaps there are some other questionmarks, too? Gasoline, anyone? Another one could be asking why the heck showers, with which one could attempt to wash away stains from... open wounds, seem to be functional in the online portion only!?

LucidLocomotive
On 11/1/2022 at 1:24 PM, xaml said:

Is this intended to be a little circle jerking kind of thing, about limited perspectives? And no mention about there being wounds and stains of blood which heal over time? I mean, look. A point certainly could be made about the absurdity of recovering from multiple shot wounds over a fine cup of... soda, but perhaps there are some other questionmarks, too? Gasoline, anyone? Another one could be asking why the heck showers, with which one could attempt to wash away stains from... open wounds, seem to be functional in the online portion only!?

I don’t know anything about Online I’m only talking about singleplayer here. But those things you mention are completely different. Cars not running out of gas is not a visual active thing. It’s believable for a guy to be driving a car, but not to be driving a car with 5 entry and exit wounds all over his chest and back. 

Lemoyne outlaw

i don't think it's a big deal personally. but i love video game gore. so it doesn't affect me. but they did tone it down in red dead redemption 2. if arthur or john get shot. you can barely see any holes. sometimes i don't see any at all. so if you play rdr2 you would be happy.

LucidLocomotive
20 hours ago, Lemoyne outlaw said:

i don't think it's a big deal personally. but i love video game gore. so it doesn't affect me. but they did tone it down in red dead redemption 2. if arthur or john get shot. you can barely see any holes. sometimes i don't see any at all. so if you play rdr2 you would be happy.

I like video game gore too, but on the enemy NPCs, not the player character. I like realism and it just takes me out of the game for the main character to be magically invincible

Yeah especially when you’ve been shot in the face and it goes into the next cutscene with the character talking like everything normal. I understand if its on the clothing, but gun shot wounds on the flesh shouldnt be a thing on the playable characters

• Like 1

LucidLocomotive
On 11/6/2022 at 1:34 PM, Bigglo145 said:

Yeah especially when you’ve been shot in the face and it goes into the next cutscene with the character talking like everything normal. I understand if its on the clothing, but gun shot wounds on the flesh shouldnt be a thing on the playable characters

Exactly. And for having it on clothing, they shouldn't have entry/exit wounds. Just have some blood stains on the clothes like they did with Niko in IV. That way you can at least mentally pretend that the bullets just skimmed you or you had a close call. With V you just can't do that. its more like "nope you literally took multiple full blown gunshot wounds and all your muscles and organs are able to just ignore it. 

• Like 1

Call me vain, but I hate when my character blows up or takes a nasty spill off a bike and has Joker scars around her mouth for the rest of the session because of it. As for the bullet wounds, my character had an absolutely disgusting gaping bullet wound on her shoulder yesterday that you could see almost to the other side when you looked in it. Not a fan.

• Like 1