2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

DYOM IX (Modification for DYOM)

Halter

Mister A
Posted (edited)

@Halter my game crashes when I was selecting the new skins, it crashes after the suta skin (Suit 2 guy, I select backwards btw so that means I select the new skins starting from CJ) and I think it's because the next skin is missing from the cutscene.img

Edit: Nvm, I solved it

Edited by Mister A

2 hours ago, Mister A said:

@Halter my game crashes when I was selecting the new skins, it crashes after the suta skin (Suit 2 guy, I select backwards btw so that means I select the new skins starting from CJ) and I think it's because the next skin is missing from the cutscene.img

It doesn't crash for us. Do you have clean 1.0 version?

Try our version, make sure you just download newest 5.5 version and replace files from it to this version (its like 5.2 or 5.0 version idk) https://easyupload.io/i61tzvdcXKBcalfJSOKix4AaABAg.9atPZjHkmGZ9atsFm4lSh6

The John David
On 5/13/2022 at 5:52 PM, Halter said:

So friends, we have come to the point where we really wandered into the limit of everything. So I decided to make DYOM X from scratch, but it will not support missions with DYOM IX, this is due to the fact that, firstly, today's version has a bunch of unnecessary trash, such as a bunch of twitching animations, Hydraulics for cars that no one uses because on laptops, few people have num buttons to control, and there is not much sense from hydraulics. Plus, you have to constantly change the structure of the save and read datfiles, and this takes a certain amount of code in the end. In general, I think that this should be done and I need real testers, in discord, send me friend request (brassiere🐶#9130). I will send versions and we will test. Just pushing all the features that people want is pointless, especially since these people then do not make a single mission with this feature. Therefore, starting from today, the development of DYOM IX has been stopped.

I love your idea of starting the DYOM X from the scratch and I'm really expecting this very soon to add some of our beloved, other, and simple features (whether you inspire the LDYOM ideas or implement advanced codes used in the original game), without the use or installing any sort of limit adjusters or something. Therefore, I'm having a little concern about the development? Honestly, most of all DYOM IX versions you're publishing is done in days or weeks, My concern is 🤔; With all of the new features added here in DYOM IX? This could even affect the previous DYOM features as well that may cause internal conflicts such as cutscene issues and others based on the changelogs.

Just want to say; Please take a good amount of time doing it without rushing all the features simply, or use the same code presented on the DYOM IX that could be affected the other features as well in the previous DYOM that might cause more problems. You must realize that development takes many more than months or even a years for coding, debugging, and testing before publishing it 🗓️. This way designers should have no problem dealing issues for all these features and ready to go using it in all their content. And yeah, like what you said in general? You might gonna need more people for additional coding, debugging, and testing to help you out in explicit manner. It won't be easy. But who knows. 😐

Kumamon
1 hour ago, The John David said:

Мне нравится ваша идея начать DYOM X с нуля, и я действительно ожидаю, что очень скоро будут добавлены некоторые из наших любимых, других и простых функций (независимо от того, вдохновляете ли вы идеи LDYOM или внедряете продвинутые коды, используемые в оригинальной игре). , без использования или установки каких-либо ограничителей или чего-то еще. Поэтому я немного беспокоюсь о развитии? Честно говоря, большая часть всех версий DYOM IX, которые вы публикуете, делается за дни или недели 🤔. Со всеми новыми функциями, добавленными здесь, в DYOM IX? Это может даже повлиять на предыдущие функции DYOM, что может вызвать внутренние конфликты, такие как проблемы с заставками и другие, основанные на журналах изменений.

Просто хочу сказать; Пожалуйста, потратьте достаточно времени на это, не торопясь со всеми функциями, или используйте тот же код, представленный в DYOM IX, который мог повлиять на другие функции, а также в предыдущей версии DYOM, что могло вызвать больше проблем. Вы должны осознавать, что разработка занимает намного больше месяцев или даже лет для написания кода, отладки и тестирования перед публикацией 🗓️. Таким образом, у дизайнеров не должно возникнуть проблем с решением проблем для всех этих функций, и они будут готовы использовать их во всем своем контенте. И да, как вы сказали в целом? Вам может понадобиться больше людей для дополнительного кодирования, отладки и тестирования, чтобы помочь вам явным образом. Это будет нелегко. Но кто знает. 😐

A guy from Russia for a month from scratch made a new modification to create missions, the day before yesterday was the release of the first beta. She is already much cooler than DYOM, so it's not so simple :)

1 hour ago, The John David said:

I love your idea of starting the DYOM X from the scratch and I'm really expecting this very soon to add some of our beloved, other, and simple features (whether you inspire the LDYOM ideas or implement advanced codes used in the original game), without the use or installing any sort of limit adjusters or something. Therefore, I'm having a little concern about the development? Honestly, most of all DYOM IX versions you're publishing is done in days or weeks, My concern is 🤔; With all of the new features added here in DYOM IX? This could even affect the previous DYOM features as well that may cause internal conflicts such as cutscene issues and others based on the changelogs.

Just want to say; Please take a good amount of time doing it without rushing all the features simply, or use the same code presented on the DYOM IX that could be affected the other features as well in the previous DYOM that might cause more problems. You must realize that development takes many more than months or even a years for coding, debugging, and testing before publishing it 🗓️. This way designers should have no problem dealing issues for all these features and ready to go using it in all their content. And yeah, like what you said in general? You might gonna need more people for additional coding, debugging, and testing to help you out in explicit manner. It won't be easy. But who knows. 😐

Yeah, Halter is unmotivated to do it. I know it because i chat with him on PM.

14 minutes ago, Kumamon said:

A guy from Russia for a month from scratch made a new modification to create missions, the day before yesterday was the release of the first beta. She is already much cooler than DYOM, so it's not so simple :)

Can you show us? Link or anything? Is it English?

5 hours ago, kishmish- said:

It's already weird, idk what to do - what is T+P that i'm clicking, its just teleporting the player to the 0 coordinate on the map and then fades to black again. Idk what to do. It was "English" written in red, but still in Russian. It's already bad, not better :) 

Toriality
Posted (edited)

T+P teleports to marker set on the map. If it's not set, you'll be teleported to XYZ 0,0,0.

I wouldn't say it's bad, because I wasn't able to test it properly, I'm not russian, couldn't understand a single word of the menu.

But it LOOKS like has a ton of features and a pretty UI (with a few flaws and weird design choices, but some aspects of the menu is already prettier and original GTA SA menus).

It would be cool if the developer reach someone to make an english translation for it so more people can test it. Also, have it published on GitHub, so people could make code contributions to the project if the developer want so.

Edited by Toriality

kishmish-
33 minutes ago, Horus Publishing said:

It's already weird, idk what to do - what is T+P that i'm clicking, its just teleporting the player to the 0 coordinate on the map and then fades to black again. Idk what to do. It was "English" written in red, but still in Russian. It's already bad, not better :) 

It has a lot of new features that are not in the DYOM. Here is a teaser where you can see them:

There is also a trailer on his channel, but it is in Russian. Actors can now change animations without hiding them! You can add new skins without replacing the original ones. And you can add a picture and description to the mission. Limits have also been raised. Objectives - 200. Pickups - 200. Objects and effects - 200. And many, many new things.

stepanko101

Talking about this Mission Maker, I decided to describe features it has here:

First of all, it is a russian project and it supports both english and russian language from the start, so I think in the future it would be able to support any other languages without the need to screw with gta sa game files. Also this may help people to translate their projects more easily.

MM supports a ridiculous amount of skins with the ability to add new ones via menu.

Several animations per one actor (finally!). Each animation is binded to objective's number.

As mentioned above, possibility to add a preview to a mission.

Player's skin will have the voiceover of a skin (!!!) and not CJ's voice (or none), as in DYOM.

And as I understood, this mod doesn't have DYOM's limit of code problem.

Also it has lot's of features from DYOM IX and some from DYOM#.

I can go more indepth if you guys need it.

And this is not an advert of this, it's more like I'm impressed.

• Like 3

stepanko101
6 minutes ago, stepanko101 said:

Talking about this Mission Maker, I decided to describe features it has here:

First of all, it is a russian project and it supports both english and russian language from the start, so I think in the future it would be able to support any other languages without the need to screw with gta sa game files. Also this may help people to translate their projects more easily.

MM supports a ridiculous amount of skins with the ability to add new ones via menu.

Several animations per one actor (finally!). Each animation is binded to objective's number.

As mentioned above, possibility to add a preview to a mission.

Player's skin will have the voiceover of a skin (!!!) and not CJ's voice (or none), as in DYOM.

And as I understood, this mod doesn't have DYOM's limit of code problem.

Also it has lot's of features from DYOM IX and some from DYOM#.

And this is not an advert of this, it's more like I'm impressed.

and the english version is already in progress

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, stepanko101 said:

and the english version is already in progress

That's good! What do to in the selection menu, where you are able to write? What to select?

1 hour ago, stepanko101 said:

That's great btw! Finally it will be something that can challenge LDYOM, or DYOM IX :) 

Go on, please explain how and what to do in the start menu when you start the mod (these colors like R P W) and that you can write something, what to do after, how to change language, etc?

Edited by Horus Publishing

Halter
1 hour ago, kishmish- said:

It has a lot of new features that are not in the DYOM. Here is a teaser where you can see them:

There is also a trailer on his channel, but it is in Russian. Actors can now change animations without hiding them! You can add new skins without replacing the original ones. And you can add a picture and description to the mission. Limits have also been raised. Objectives - 200. Pickups - 200. Objects and effects - 200. And many, many new things.

The author of this mode needs to create his own topic or thread like LDYOM or DYOM IX. Because it's really worth it. morgan told me that how you present the mod and what features you write about is very important, so writing a good page with all the features and showing them would be very appropriate. Apparently, the mod is really good and this is the same DYOM written from scratch on new technologies. I wish the author every success and find his community.

stepanko101
11 hours ago, Horus Publishing said:

That's good! What do to in the selection menu, where you are able to write? What to select?

That's great btw! Finally it will be something that can challenge LDYOM, or DYOM IX :) 

Go on, please explain how and what to do in the start menu when you start the mod (these colors like R P W) and that you can write something, what to do after, how to change language, etc?

Ok, I downloaded it and managed to get it running, but don't be excited, it crashed right after I entered mission name, mission description, author's name and mission's outro text (I guess).

I couldn't figure out why so, maybe it has something to do with installations of DYOMs I have, but right now I don't really have the time to get it running properly, maybe in six or eight hours later.

Mister A
16 hours ago, kishmish- said:

Great news for us, DYOM will be advanced and still be alive

This is the beginning of DYOM evolution... 

Kumamon
3 часа назад, stepanko101 сказал:

Хорошо, я скачал его, и мне удалось запустить его, но не волнуйтесь, он вылетел сразу после того, как я ввел название миссии, описание миссии, имя автора и заключительный текст миссии (я думаю).

Я не мог понять, почему так, может быть, это как-то связано с установленными у меня DYOM, но сейчас у меня действительно нет времени, чтобы заставить его работать должным образом, может быть, через шесть или восемь часов.

Поставь чистую GTA SA, CLEO 4.4, CLEO+, modloader и сам мод. Он конфликтует с аджастером от fastmanа

• Like 2

9 hours ago, stepanko101 said:

Ok, I downloaded it and managed to get it running, but don't be excited, it crashed right after I entered mission name, mission description, author's name and mission's outro text (I guess).

I couldn't figure out why so, maybe it has something to do with installations of DYOMs I have, but right now I don't really have the time to get it running properly, maybe in six or eight hours later.

I launched it on my clean 1.0 copy + modloader + cleo (nothing else)

stepanko101
On 5/17/2022 at 8:26 PM, Horus Publishing said:

I launched it on my clean 1.0 copy + modloader + cleo (nothing else)

I managed to ger it running, gave it a quick glance and it is beautiful, but requires some time to get familiar with. 

First of all, I want to mention that very soon devs will release new version with english language, so you will be able to test it out yourself properly.

But I'm sure you want me to advertise this stuff for you :D

Lots of skins: beta, hot coffee, VC and VCS, even Manhunt!

Lots of animations divided into categories. Tho it's not that convenient to actually observe the chosen animation.

You can give actors specific amount of health and armor, I haven't reached the digital limit.

But what is more important, you can ADJUST their range of fire, so AA guys with rocket launchers may posses a real threat now.

Also actors share the same immunity system that cars in DYOM have, so they can be made bulletproof, fireproof, etc. (Swimming option included)

Well, these are the things that really impressed me and there are a lot more but I'm not in the mood really to test this stuff now.

Super Shizuku
26 minutes ago, stepanko101 said:

AA guys.

Who are they?

Toriality

Alcoholics Anonymous

Super Shizuku
Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, stepanko101 said:

Actors share the same immunity system that cars in DYOM have, so they can be made bulletproof, fireproof, etc. (Swimming option included)

Wouldn't it be better to replace bulletproof and fireproof with resist respective attack types instead? To make it so even though they can still take damage from those respective attacks, they can still attack player simultaneously. With that finally implemented, might as well also add up resist physical attacks and resist gas from spray can and tear gas 

Edited by Super Shizuku

stepanko101
3 hours ago, Super Shizuku said:

Who are they?

Anti-Air 

2 hours ago, Super Shizuku said:

Wouldn't it be better to replace bulletproof and fireproof with resist respective attack types instead? To make it so even though they can still take damage from those respective attacks, they can still attack player simultaneously. With that finally implemented, might as well also add up resist physical attacks and resist gas from spray can and tear gas 

I have no idea how does San Andreas' code work, but I'm quite sure that devs of MM are using the pieces of actual game code and as I remember, there were no such thing in San Andreas as damage resist. It is all about digits of health and armor. No idea if anyone can implement such stuff.

Super Shizuku
5 hours ago, stepanko101 said:

there were no such thing in San Andreas as damage resist. It is all about digits of health and armor. No idea if anyone can implement such stuff.

It's like Big Smoke boss fight where he can still attack while being attacked and still take damage simultaneously. Such feature is already implemented in DYOM IX called "Uninterrupted from Shots". Though I haven't tested if it only resists gunshots or resists other attacks as well i.e: physical, fire, explosive and gas.

Super Shizuku
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, stepanko101 said:

Anti-Air 

I'm not sure if you actually meant RPG units but, how is adjusting their range of fire alone makes them a threat when rocket launcher can only fires straight? All player has to do is run to safe spot and shoot from there the moment they fire, that's it.

Unless you're talking about heat seeking rocket launcher.

Edited by Super Shizuku

quick suggestion here

add a setting where you could change the light in a room

this means that you could go from very dark to very light, allowing to emphasize on the immersion and overall a good setting for the creation of horror missions

(the effects of night vision goggles are not meant to be changed)

• Like 1

sozuxd

Hey guys, has anyone tried using DYOM IX while using GTA Mixed? For me it crashes every time, but original DYOM and DYOM RED works perfectly. (DYOM IX only crashes when GTA mixed is installed, if not then it works perfectly too).

Kailojado haddines

@Halter If you cant put more updates, you may have to delete something

Toriality
4 hours ago, sozuxd said:

Hey guys, has anyone tried using DYOM IX while using GTA Mixed? For me it crashes every time, but original DYOM and DYOM RED works perfectly. (DYOM IX only crashes when GTA mixed is installed, if not then it works perfectly too).

DYOM IX use Fastman Limit Adjuster.

GTA Mixed use Open Limit Adjuster.

They are not compatible unfortunately.