Jump to content
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. Updates
      2. Find Lobbies & Players
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Vehicles
      5. Content Creator
      6. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Blood Money
      2. Frontier Pursuits
      3. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      4. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

      1. Bugs*
      2. St. Andrews Cathedral
    2. GTA VI

    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Classic GTA SA
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Classic GTA VC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Classic GTA III
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

DYOM IX (Modification for DYOM)


Halter
 Share

Recommended Posts

BobAyman

NICE JOB @Halter .. REALLY GOOD UPDATE !! CAN'T WAIT TO TRY IT OUT ūüí™ūüŹĽ‚̧ԳŹ

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Super Shizuku
Posted (edited)

@Halter I thought you'd forget some of the features I'd ever suggested that have been skipped by so many posts. Anyways, I've just got these suggestions:

- Withstand Physical Attacks option for enemy and neutral actors. (Just like how Uninterrupted from Shots works, but only for physical attacks.)

- Armor Hit Points setting for Teleport from Special Player objective and Player (0, 25, 50, 75, 100, 150).

- 0 Hit Point option for Vehicle and Objective Vehicle's Hit Points. (Similar to how ALLCARSGOBOOM cheat works, but only for the confirmed vehicle.)

- 1 Hit Point option for Teleport from Special Player objective and Player Menu. (Blinking Player's Hit Points and lower than 25 Hit Point option.)

- Knockdown Immunity option for enemy and neutral actors. (Enemies will not get knocked down due to Shotgun shells, Desert Eagle bullets and the final move of all physical combo attacks.)

- Withstand Fire option for all groups of actors. (Just like how Uninterrupted from Shots works, but only for fire damage caused by Molotov, Flamethrower, Fire objects and Random Fires.)

- Withstand Spray and Gas option for enemy and neutral actors. (Just like how Uninterrupted from Shots works, but only for constant coughing caused by Spray Can and Tear Gas.)

- Player will always withstand spray and gas. (Just like how Uninterrupted from Shots works, but only for constant coughing caused by Spray Can and Tear Gas.)

- Photograph All Objects of Group 1 and Photograph All Objects of All Groups Objectives for objective object.

- CJ's armor will always be removed after player has either fail or pass a mission.

- Auto Unflip option for Vehicle and Objective Vehicle.

Edited by Super Shizuku
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest

Halter, can you fix a bug when you shoot from that RC Tank the sound stays bugged even after going to another objective. We're guessing that's just game bug that Rockstar never fixed, but it's so annoying.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kailojado haddines
Posted (edited)

Features for 5.1: 

-Make Immovable actors

-Hide Objectives 

-Is it possible to put submarine as a vehicle?

-Add a Skin (Katie with the medic uniform)

-Add change clothes feature for CJ

-Add Objective to Spray Tags

-Enable animations while in vehicle for Player and actors

-Add NOISE Feature

 

Edited by Kailojado haddines
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest

Tutorial how to implement Rappelling feature correctly in a mission: 

 

Now we're only waiting for GLUE actors feature (to glue them to a train) and we can do "Follow the damn train CJ" DYOM version :D 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

galic0
Posted (edited)

spacer.png

This inspired me for a comeback...

 

Edited by galic0
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mikul

Is it possible to expand the object, actor and objective limit, for example by 50, making it 150 instead of the normal 100?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Halter
3 minutes ago, Mikul said:

Is it possible to expand the object, actor and objective limit, for example by 50, making it 150 instead of the normal 100?

The problem is that when you create more than 100 Objective or anything, it's all in constant loading and displayed on your screen. That is, a DYOM would not be a DYOM if you had not seen which Actor and what he is wearing in order to understand that it is he who you need. Therefore, I have already tested more than 100 Objectives, you just can’t do them, the game crashes and can’t withstand such a load. The best solution would be to make some kind of ini file where data could be loaded, but then most of the work would have to be done without the game itself

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Toriality
Posted (edited)

I dont mind making multiple missions because of the limits. Sometimes its even good to have them.

 

But a suggestion I have is, what about a ini file or a script that loads the next dyom file after the end of its antecessor.

Edited by Toriality
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
12 hours ago, Halter said:

The problem is that when you create more than 100 Objective or anything, it's all in constant loading and displayed on your screen. That is, a DYOM would not be a DYOM if you had not seen which Actor and what he is wearing in order to understand that it is he who you need. Therefore, I have already tested more than 100 Objectives, you just can’t do them, the game crashes and can’t withstand such a load. The best solution would be to make some kind of ini file where data could be loaded, but then most of the work would have to be done without the game itself

 

Maybe @HzanRsxa2959 can do something with .ini file. That would be great :) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ACH_GAMES

It's very good and everything. but the Storyline system is broken, every time I save a SL, when I open the game again the SL is deleted. or on another occasion the SL opens but only the intro and outro are executed.
This problem has been around for a long time and they still haven't fixed it. Can you fix it? If so, it would be the best DYOM ever created

Link to comment
Share on other sites

stepanko101

Is it possible to somehow decode DYOM.dat to see at least objective's number?

 

I managed to make a translation of my project to other language by opening DYOM.dat with notepad++ and editing the ingame texts, but...

I'm thinking of a voiceover now and it's kinda hard to put recorded stuff blindly to SD. 

So... Is there any way to see an objective's number right next to objective's text without launching the game?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

RedBaronFromTheUG
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ACH_GAMES said:

It's very good and everything. but the Storyline system is broken, every time I save a SL, when I open the game again the SL is deleted. or on another occasion the SL opens but only the intro and outro are executed.
This problem has been around for a long time and they still haven't fixed it. Can you fix it? If so, it would be the best DYOM ever created

 

I agree with ACH_GAMES, also it would be nice if you could also expand the storyline feature too, like adding features from the main.scm file from the original SA game, like phone calls between missions or if a fail condition is met, safehouses (maybe allow for custom safehouses with custom waypoints we can create and the original safehouses across SA, maybe stick to the latter), Saving the game like the normal game (allow for 8 saves separate from the standard game), Side missions (separate from the storyline), Carry weapons, Armor and Cash between missions, and Collectibles. If those features were added, expanded and improved upon the lackluster storyline feature we have nowadays in DYOM, it could be the best version we could ever have of the storyline feature, and maybe allow for certain talented DYOM designers like M316 to make Rebound in Storyline format, which could make the experience more engaging, immersive and fun, not only for the Designers themselves but for the players too!

Think about it, Halter! 

Pretty Please?

 

4 minutes ago, stepanko101 said:

Is it possible to somehow decode DYOM.dat to see at least objective's number?

 

I managed to make a translation of my project to other language by opening DYOM.dat with notepad++ and editing the ingame texts, but...

I'm thinking of a voiceover now and it's kinda hard to put recorded stuff blindly to SD. 

So... Is there any way to see an objective's number right next to objective's text without launching the game?

 

I wonder the same too, also it would be nice if we could see how much time there is for the objective if it is timed (Cutscene, timeouts, etc...), to allow for accurate fluid voiceovers without having to redo the dialogue again or having to open the game itself countless times.

Edited by RedBaronFromTheUG
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
36 minutes ago, stepanko101 said:

Is it possible to somehow decode DYOM.dat to see at least objective's number?

 

I managed to make a translation of my project to other language by opening DYOM.dat with notepad++ and editing the ingame texts, but...

I'm thinking of a voiceover now and it's kinda hard to put recorded stuff blindly to SD. 

So... Is there any way to see an objective's number right next to objective's text without launching the game?

 

Nope. We don't have DYOM source code, so it's impossible - unless there will be some decompiler. Try DYOM# Addon you can see objective numbers with it, it's somewhere on this forum - go search :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

stepanko101
2 hours ago, Horus Publishing said:

 

Nope. We don't have DYOM source code, so it's impossible - unless there will be some decompiler. Try DYOM# Addon you can see objective numbers with it, it's somewhere on this forum - go search :)

Checked it out, thing is awesome and nearly just what I need for a voiceover, thank you!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ACH_GAMES
4 hours ago, RedBaronFromTheUG said:

 

Estoy de acuerdo con ACH_GAMES, tambi√©n ser√≠a bueno si tambi√©n pudiera expandir la funci√≥n de la historia, como agregar funciones del archivo main.scm del juego SA original, como llamadas telef√≥nicas entre misiones o si se cumple una condici√≥n de falla, casas seguras ( tal vez permitir casas de seguridad personalizadas con puntos de referencia personalizados que podemos crear y las casas de seguridad originales en SA, tal vez apegarse a lo √ļltimo), Guardar el juego como el juego normal (permitir 8 guardados separados del juego est√°ndar), Misiones secundarias (separado del juego historia), llevar armas, armaduras y dinero en efectivo entre misiones y coleccionables. Si esas funciones se agregaran, ampliaran y mejoraran sobre la funci√≥n de historia mediocre que tenemos hoy en d√≠a en DYOM, podr√≠a ser la mejor versi√≥n que podr√≠amos tener de la funci√≥n de historia,

¡Piénsalo, Halter! 

¬ŅBastante por favor?

 

 

También me pregunto lo mismo, también sería bueno si pudiéramos ver cuánto tiempo hay para el objetivo si está cronometrado (escena, tiempos de espera, etc.), para permitir voces en off precisas y fluidas sin tener que rehacer el diálogo. de nuevo o tener que abrir el juego innumerables veces.

The idea is great, but it requires a lot of work. I am satisfied that they fix the problem with the SL. and by the way that they increase the limit of how many missions can be added. Since it only lets you add 20 missions for each SL.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Toriality

why is redbaron quote in spanish

Link to comment
Share on other sites

RedBaronFromTheUG
14 minutes ago, Toriality said:

why is redbaron quote in spanish

ACH_Games is from spain, just dunno which, also, he probably uses google translate or something like that to know what we are saying and then he types his message and translates with google translate or DeepL, i guess.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest

It should work the same as in DYOM Remastered, without gluing you can make enemies on the train :) 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

aboy_trappedinabox
Posted (edited)

Suggestion : animation change between objective 

(Cameras are considered as objectives so you can change actor's animation between objectives)

- an enemies system when one enemy spot you all the other should be alerted

"like maddogg's Manson mission"

Or Mission failed when they spot you

"Because is a bit awkward when only the one enemy who saw you come to fight when the other are standing still"

And sometimes the enemy even shoots you when the other's don't seems to care until you face them or get near them

- and the enemies spoting distance sometimes they don't even fight until you are a facing them directly

- And a clothing systeme for the player

Or functioning clothes pick-up "when you use it it change your clothes or your skin"

Edited by aboy_trappedinabox
Link to comment
Share on other sites

cOcOnUt Gaming

Are you planning to add storyline creator back for DYOM IX?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
7 hours ago, cOcOnUt Gaming said:

Are you planning to add storyline creator back for DYOM IX?

 

Impossible. Storyline is broken in DYOM IX. However in DYOM Remastered it should work, you need to try it out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

BobAyman
37 minutes ago, Horus Publishing said:

 

Impossible. Storyline is broken in DYOM IX. However in DYOM Remastered it should work, you need to try it out.

So that's it? There will be no Storyline creating whatsoever in the future in DYOM IX? Even after the mission file has gotten a lot smaller in V4.1 about 4 times?

  • Reduced¬†the size of dyom.dat files by 4¬†times

Because that was the mentioned reason by @darkmorgan of why the storyline creating isn't possible.

  • It¬†is no longer possible¬†to create storylines using¬†IX missions due to their large size

@Halter Could you please tell us anything about the storyline creating being possible to add in future updates or not?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Toriality
6 minutes ago, BobAyman said:

So that's it? There will be no Storyline creating whatsoever in the future in DYOM IX? Even after the mission file has gotten a lot smaller in V4.1 about 4 times?

  • Reduced¬†the size of dyom.dat files by 4¬†times

Because that was the mentioned reason by @darkmorgan of why the storyline creating isn't possible.

  • It¬†is no longer possible¬†to create storylines using¬†IX missions due to their large size

@Halter Could you please tell us anything about the storyline creating being possible to add in future updates or not?

I think the problem isn't the file size of the storyline missions, but the overall size of the main.scm code. DYOM is basically a single .SCM file that generates all those other .dat files. The game has limits on how much lines of code it can handle in a single file, and to make all the Storyline features available, it would need ton of more lines, I think that's it.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
35 minutes ago, Toriality said:

DYOM is basically a single .SCM file that generates all those other .dat files. The game has limits on how much lines of code it can handle in a single file, and to make all the Storyline features available, it would need ton of more lines, I think that's it.

 

That's right.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Halter
1 hour ago, BobAyman said:

So that's it? There will be no Storyline creating whatsoever in the future in DYOM IX? Even after the mission file has gotten a lot smaller in V4.1 about 4 times?

  • Reduced¬†the size of dyom.dat files by 4¬†times

Because that was the mentioned reason by @darkmorgan of why the storyline creating isn't possible.

  • It¬†is no longer possible¬†to create storylines using¬†IX missions due to their large size

@Halter Could you please tell us anything about the storyline creating being possible to add in future updates or not?

Unfortunately, everything has a price and you have to pay for such cool features. You need to understand that the code is not rubber, it works at 60 frames per second, so given the year the game was released, if we ran DYOM IX on old computers, then most likely it would crash at all

Link to comment
Share on other sites

BobAyman
9 minutes ago, Halter said:

Unfortunately, everything has a price and you have to pay for such cool features. You need to understand that the code is not rubber, it works at 60 frames per second, so given the year the game was released, if we ran DYOM IX on old computers, then most likely it would crash at all

OK. I understand. Thanks for replying ūüėÉ

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Halter
Posted (edited)

DYOM IX 5.2 Beta

For test purposes

The approach to release versions has been changed, now an open beta will be released in advance where it will not be possible to save missions for tests. If no critical bugs are found, the version will be released fully with the save function

Download

Changelog

Spoiler
  • Fixed Ped Spawning. Ghetto for ghetto people, city for urban, expensive and cheap cars
  • Added 5 new types of camera shaking in Cutscene
  • Added a feature for Vehicles so that it must be in the checkpoint, and not the Player
  • Added the feature to attach a magnet to helicopters
  • Trains no longer float in the air after setting
  • Added a feature for Actors so that he must be in the checkpoint, and not the Player
  • Added a feature for Vehicles, now you can turn on the siren

 

Edited by Halter
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.