1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

DYOM IX (Modification for DYOM)

Halter

Impressiveline
3 hours ago, Toriality said:

Infelizmente não tem essa opção ainda :(

Apenas o MissionMaker tem customização de carros (eu acredito)

Brazilian ?

Jimmy_Leppard

So I've been testing out the latest DYOM IX version yesterday for a while and I gotta say, I'm beyond impressed. I knew what time it was as soon as I saw that the animation list quadrupled. Absolutely amazing work by the authors!

That being said, I have to share my experience about two bugs that I think should easily be fixed considering the amazing work you guys have done with this. In my opinion, it needs to be fixed as soon as possible. I don't know if anyone already pointed these out, I haven't checked. But anyway, other than the two bugs I'm gonna list here, everything else worked like a charm. 😃

The bugs happen every time I do the same thing, so the authors shouldn't have a problem replicating it. Number 1, the smooth cutscene. In the 8.1 version, the smooth cutscene blends perfectly with the static cutscene. What I mean by that is, if a 1 second static cutscene is followed by a smooth cutscene that pans up and then is followed by another 1 second static cutscene which is in the exact same place that the smooth cutscene ends its journey, it goes smoothly from one end to the other. In DYOM IX, even if the first static cutscene and the smooth cutscene are directly above one another, the smooth cutscene jerks and is slightly out of place and zoomed-in in relation to the static cutscene before it. The transition is messed up. Now, when it comes to smooth cutscene coming to the end and then is followed by a static cutscene in the same place, the transition is seamless. Either way, I'm heartbroken over the fact that I can't use the smooth cutscene anymore which is horrible. - FIXED. Focus 25 and 50 don't work with smooth or linear cutscenes. But putting focus on 70 on both the static cutscene and the smooth cutscene that follows solves the problem.

The other bug is even worse and makes mission creation almost impossible to fool-proof. The teleport to objective tool doesn't work once you start putting in objectives. I tried with like 5 and 10 and 20 objectives, but after a mission gets to any number of objectives, let's say 10 of them, then when you go to tools and use teleport to objective, it will teleport you to the last objective for example. That works fine, but as soon as I open the DYOM menu again right after that and want to add an object or another objective or anything, the game crashes. Doesn't even let me click anything in the main menu. And so imagine if you have 90 objectives and you wanna find objective 64 because you don't know where exactly it is in a room crammed with tens of objectives in that small of a space, you gotta manually walk CJ around the place and check each objective on foot one by one. And it gets impossible if some objectives are in the same place, then you can't even see them as they're overlaped. I think fixing these two should be priority number 1 if there's ever gonna be a DYOM IX v5.6.

One other bug that I encountered once, but didn't want to try to replicate it was in an instance where I created 15 or so objectives, with one of them being teleport to car, then in that car following a few checkpoints and after reaching the last checkpoint, another objective followed which was just teleport out of the car so my character can be on foot. Up to that point, all worked well. However, from that point in the mission forward, I had a sequence where the character had to walk to 3 consecutive objectives on foot. The first two of them were floating in the air and the last one was invisible (even though I didn't make it invisible) and the HUD froze, the blip was in the wrong place, but I could still trigger the checkpoint (although only because I knew where exactly it was).

Hope this helps and that those get fixed. It would be much appreciated 😃

Edited by Jimmy_Leppard
  • Like 3

Toriality

About the objective selection bug, I would again recommend DYOM# because it has improved this teleport to objective feature. You just have to press F2 -> Select objective -> Type the number -> Instead of pressing SPACE to select it, you can press TAB, it will fast-teleport to the objective you typed.

• Like 3

Jimmy_Leppard
20 minutes ago, Toriality said:

About the objective selection bug, I would again recommend DYOM# because it has improved this teleport to objective feature. You just have to press F2 -> Select objective -> Type the number -> Instead of pressing SPACE to select it, you can press TAB, it will fast-teleport to the objective you typed.

I installed DYOM# yesterday too, but I didn't know it had that feature. I'll try with that then. Thanks!

• Like 2

Impressiveline

Good to see you , Jimmy Leapard After a long period of Time . I love how people are working out after these releases .

• Like 1

Horus Publishing
10 hours ago, Jimmy_Leppard said:

The other bug is even worse and makes mission creation almost impossible to fool-proof. The teleport to objective tool doesn't work once you start putting in objectives. I tried with like 5 and 10 and 20 objectives, but after a mission gets to any number of objectives, let's say 10 of them, then when you go to tools and use teleport to objective, it will teleport you to the last objective for example. That works fine, but as soon as I open the DYOM menu again right after that and want to add an object or another objective or anything, the game crashes. Doesn't even let me click anything in the main menu. And so imagine if you have 90 objectives and you wanna find objective 64 because you don't know where exactly it is in a room crammed with tens of objectives in that small of a space, you gotta manually walk CJ around the place and check each objective on foot one by one. And it gets impossible if some objectives are in the same place, then you can't even see them as they're overlaped. I think fixing these two should be priority number 1 if there's ever gonna be a DYOM IX v5.6.

One other bug that I encountered once, but didn't want to try to replicate it was in an instance where I created 15 or so objectives, with one of them being teleport to car, then in that car following a few checkpoints and after reaching the last checkpoint, another objective followed which was just teleport out of the car so my character can be on foot. Up to that point, all worked well. However, from that point in the mission forward, I had a sequence where the character had to walk to 3 consecutive objectives on foot. The first two of them were floating in the air and the last one was invisible (even though I didn't make it invisible) and the HUD froze, the blip was in the wrong place, but I could still trigger the checkpoint (although only because I knew where exactly it was).

Halter is not fixing / adding things to DYOM IX anymore. Mission Maker is more active, however maybe he'll be eager to come back again.

• Like 1

Jimmy_Leppard
35 minutes ago, Horus Publishing said:

Halter is not fixing / adding things to DYOM IX anymore. Mission Maker is more active, however maybe he'll be eager to come back again.

Oh, okay then. Toriality has already given me viable solutions for those things anyway, so it's manageable.

• Like 1

TheDistroyer

It's an amazing mod and has a very good features, but I am gonna suggest a feature to add in the next updates and that is :

The ability to record a vehicle drive rather than just put the route points in streets , this would make it easier to make a drive-by mission and a cutscene.

And that was my suggestion,  overall this is a great improvement to the original dyom version,  and thanks for reading.

Edited by TheDistroyer
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/9/2022 at 10:35 PM, YGE said:

I checked that, nothing wrong and it gives this error to me

unknown.png

it does say ''Please do not take a screenshot'' but who cares? lol

actually having the exact same problems as you trying to install this mod lol 

there's something about the specific limit adjuster given in this download because other versions worked fine for me.