Game doesn't work RX Vega 56

Grechka

The game doesn't work. During the cut scene, there are sounds, but there is no image (the video driver fails). An attempt to change the settings leads to a crash with a critical d3d error.
I know that this is an old problem, but I did not find a clear solution with detailed instructions. I count on your help. Thanks!

Edited by Grechka

Since you've mentioned the driver for your GPU failed, did you try reinstalling the driver for your graphics card?

3 minutes ago, Be-Deliver said:

Since you've mentioned the driver for your GPU failed, did you try reinstalling the driver for your graphics card?

Yes, i tried. But it didn't help.

You need to provide more info - CPU, RAM, OS, GPU driver version you installed, monitor and resolution, game version and where you got it, your ingame graphics settings. Also a photo of your screen with D3D error would help.

4 hours ago, ant_sh said:

You need to provide more info - CPU, RAM, OS, GPU driver version you installed, monitor and resolution, game version and where you got it, your ingame graphics settings. Also a photo of your screen with D3D error would help.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X

RAM: HyperX Predator RGB 8 Gb DDR4 3000 MHz

GPU: Asus AMD Radeon RX VEGA 56 STRIX OC - 8176 MB - HBM2 800 MHz
Software version - 2021.1005.1236.22698
Driver version - 21.30.23.04-211216a-376209C
2D-driver version - 8.1.1.1634
Direct3D® Version - 9.14.10.01510
OpenGL® Version - 29.20.11000.14761
audiodriver version AMD - 10.0.1.21
Vulkan™ Driver Version - 2.0.198
Vulkan™ API Version - 1.2.188

On 3/20/2022 at 3:03 PM, ant_sh said:

Get latest AMD driver and AMD cleanup utility. Fully uninstall old driver with the utility, install new driver, reboot. Install latest DXVK. Enjoy.

Thanks a lot! Everything works! Of course, there's no desired level of performance, but i can play in 60 FPS with microfrizes :). Considering the current situation with foreign resources in Russia, it wasn't possible to update the drivers normally, but the problem wasn't in them. It was enough to install DXVK and everything worked. 

Indeed, there is another problem. When I install some mods or trainer, the game refuses to start (after pressing the play button in steam, nothing happens). Maybe it's related to the version of the game, but I don't even know how to view it :)

If your game works now with RX Vega 56 you may mark the issue as resolved.

As for your separate mod issue it is likely game version related (right click GTAIV.exe in Explorer and see version info). Search the forum first for your mod and open new thread if you can't find the solution.