Something about the Trilogy. The world in pieces... :(

sutalu

I'm sure that you've already noticed it. The world is "broken" in pieces :( Specially in San Andreas. For example:

JmHuIwH.jpg

Or here. You can see here better the squares:

IyBXDxV.jpg

It seems that the world is cutted into pieces, perhaps in order to load one part, then other... But the load of these pieces is very noticeable... and horrendous :( 

Does this also happen in the PS2 version? or in the mobile version?

Do you think that this (the world broken in pieces) has a "easy" fix? Or they should redo the entire map or redo the management of the load of the terrain?...

To me, the worst part of the remaster is this. The really bad management of the terrain (cutted into pieces) and the management of the LOD (really ugly objects created automatically).

I have played MANY others open worlds like Assassin's Creed, Watch Dogs, Sleeping Dogs, Saint's Row, Just Cause... even all GTA of the PS2... but I have NEVER seen this :____(

I don't ask more detailed or better graphics, I just ask a proper load of the world. It's just a minimal quality. It won't be for lack of power.

Other screenshots:

7PB8ESz.jpg

6VyFWrN.jpg

UJzxFJo.jpg

• Like 5

23 hours ago, sutalu said:

I'm sure that you've already noticed it. The world is "broken" in pieces :( Specially in San Andreas. For example:

It seems that the world is cutted into pieces, perhaps in order to load one part, then other... But the load of these pieces is very noticeable... and horrendous :( 

Does this also happen in the PS2 version? or in the mobile version?

Nope, it doesn't happen on PS2, XBOX and even PC. Dunno about the mobile version though.

Well, my man, I'm afraid to tell you this just goes on to show how poorly-made was this outsourced "remaster". They couldn't give us a decent surprise for the 20th anniversary SMH...

• Like 6

16 hours ago, H-G said:

Nope, it doesn't happen on PS2, XBOX and even PC. Dunno about the mobile version though.

Well, my man, I'm afraid to tell you this just goes on to show how poorly-made was this outsourced "remaster". They couldn't give us a decent surprise for the 20th anniversary SMH...

I can confirm that the map is not made out of pieces of cake in the mobile version.

• Like 2

The map has always been split into separate chunks but that's never been an issue. What you're experiencing is the broken LOD system. To avoid this, set your Distance Scaling to Medium in the settings and, optionally, use a custom LOD config.

Edited by just Gesha
  • Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/17/2022 at 12:37 PM, just Gesha said:

The map has always been split into separate chunks but that's never been an issue. What you're experiencing is the broken LOD system. To avoid this, set your Distance Scaling to Medium in the settings and, optionally, use a custom LOD config.

Thanks, but.... I have the PS5 version 🥲 I can't change that.

I hope they improve that on consoles on future updates. Or just set a higher distance scaling, at least for Fidelity mode.

🤞