Game stutters after some time of playing

JustAUser9191

JustAUser9191

So basically, when I first play the game there would not be ANY stutters at all, but after 60 minutes or more the game would start to micro-stutter, and eventually worsen, even audio stutters will happen.

This issue seems to have started happening since the blood money update, but I'm not sure since I stopped playing for a while since that time. Also, it seems to stutter more often and earlier if I have more than one tab on while playing.

The only way to fix this is by restarting the game whenever the stutters occurs, but the entire thing will repeat when I start it again.

I don't know if this has to do with anything, but my C drive is almost full. (105 of 111 GB)

My fan speed never goes over 75, it's always 60-73

Cpu is always between 50-85, if it goes up to 90% it's usually just for a few seconds. Never 100%.

I use DirectX 12

Specs:

Graphics Card RTX 2070 Super

CPU Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHZ

16GB Ram

Things I tried:
- I tried switching from fullscreen to windowed borderless, and I think that helped a little.
- Disabled fullscreen optimization

- Tweaked many graphics settings

- Set high priority for RDR2.exe

Graphics settings:
spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Any help would be extremely appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...

I get the same micro stutter once in a while. Only sure fix I've verified is clearing cache (I use BleachBit) and restarting the OS, then restarting the game. Clearing cache as in delete everything in "Documents\RockstarGames\RDR2\Settings" except for "system.xml". That XML file contains your graphics settings. After deleting those, restart the OS, then the game.

Doing this, I also fixed the ERR_GFX_STATE crashes. I run an external monitor, so I use borderless with vsync and triple buff on (locked at 60 via NVIDIA control panel). Everything else high except for low lighting quality and ultra textures.