3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTA VI Antagonist Wishlist

BloxedRetro

BloxedRetro

Everyone is talking about what they want the Protagonist of the game to be like, however what would you all think would make a great antagonist.

Personally, I think somebody like a mixture between Ricardo Diaz and Juan Garcia Cortez. A rich Central American Drug Trafficer who enjoys life in the city, and the protagonist begins working with them in the drug business, however after seeing the Protagonist rise through the ranks of the city, they get paranoid and pull a Sonny Forelli, where they betray the Protagonist, and then begin trying to find all of their weaknesses.

GhettoJesus

I don't mind that idea. I want someone who isn't affiliated with law enforcement and isn't some rich bastard who is being an ass for the sake of being ass. I would like someone who isn't completely evil, someone with whom you can feel with.

• Like 7

K2yjoYK.png

BloxedRetro
28 minutes ago, GhettoJesus said:

I don't mind that idea. I want someone who isn't affiliated with law enforcement and isn't some rich bastard who is being an ass for the sake of being ass. I would like someone who isn't completely evil, someone with whom you can feel with.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind an antagonist who completely cracks under the pressure, goes down on their knees in sorrow, and then later does something like commit suicide. Like, a redemption arc for a guy you are suppose to hate the whole game.

• Like 2
  • Realistic Steak! 1

thebaddude12

Antagonists ideas :

first one : a corrupt cop who dont stop anoying the protagonist in phone calls saying "i will kill you"

second one : a antagonist who betrays you becuase theres a rat in the gang and he think you are the rat becuase he its racist or xenofobic

third one : you found the antagonist who kill all your family for business or another reason

BabaFamilias

I want the antagonist to be a good cop or none at all. The protagonist should be a ruthless, cold blooded villain without any remorse or good intentions (like most real gangsters). There should be a bad "good" ending where the protagonist overcomes the police departments and overthrows the government. And a good "bad" ending where the protagonist dies by the hands of the police and the city will be freed. 

An Antagonist where you wont see them coming until the end.

Copcaller

I want to see the antagonist play a big role in the story not like wei chang, torini, etc who barley appear in the story. 

• Like 1

I like stories where the antagonist is someone once close to you. A bit like Magneto with Charles Xavier. But in this case, it would take someone meaner than Magneto, someone who wont listen to reason. Also, the antagonist should really have the power to take you down, the game has to make you feel throughout the story that, this character, can break you with all the connections he has. It takes someone with charisma and high intelligence. 

LastTiger

One Antagonist I want to see is Don Percival.

Who is Don Percival?

Donald Percival is an ex-Navy SEAL Lieutenant General who founded Merryweather in 2003 using money from a coup in Western Africa. He floated Merryweather on the BAWSAQ stock exchange in 2010, and is now expanding domestic operations to appease shareholder demand. Percival is also lobbying the US government for a new war in the Middle East, Asia, Africa or France to help turn the economy around.

For a named character this important to not appear on-screen hint that he has a huge role in future installments of the game.

We can imagine a scenario where Don Percival is acting behind the scenes to instigate the US to stage a coup or invade a Caribbean county. Our protagonist may try to stop him to and end up having to flee their country to Miami. But Percival is not finished with them. The US government is also after him as a dangerous revolutionary. Our protagonist tries to survive by using a fake identity, moving from town to town and mixing with various gangs to survive while trying to make allies to bring down Percival.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
Bella Odessa

I want an antagonist who every time he/she opens their mouth to speak, you can't help but to agree with the stuff they say. I LOVE the dynamic of being the viewer/player and feeling torn between the person I should be rooting for, and the baddie who low key makes a lot of sense. And with like how 5 had the three endings we all had to choose from, I want that aforementioned dynamic to really influence our choice if we listen to one or the other. With Devin Weston influencing Franklin's choice, it felt like a no-brainer to pick option C (for majority of us anyway); it just felt a bit anti-climatic. Of course I want the unholy trinity to live! Weston was a douche lol

And the writers could implement this in a lot of ways. And either choice could affect any other character negatively or positively, and it doesn't have take into account if the characters are good or bad. Like, make this a hard choice for me.   

• Like 2

Racecarlock

I want one of the antagonists (if there are more than one) to be a cowboy cop.

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CowboyCop

Think about it, you steal a car to get away, he steals a car and chases you, you throw explosives at him, next time he sees you, he's got body armor and explosives to throw right back at you. How fun would it be to face off against Dirty Harry GTA edition?

Main antagonist should be in the "same line of work" as the protagonist and please:

No more billionaires parodies like Devin Weston. No Musk, Bezos, whatever.

Thomas Cavendish
On 2/24/2022 at 9:47 PM, thebaddude12 said:

I have a question can work a antogonist who dont die?

Maybe. It must be really well written.
Otherwise it will leave a taste that the game hasn't been finished yet.

If RDR had ended in John's death, it would still be an excellent game, with Ross just leaving as the winner.
But with Jack killing him, it turns out to be a masterpiece.

rjmthe2nd

In a different thread I had an idea where the protagonist is the antagonist, there's nothing good about him at all, he's a drug lord, though my idea involves a second protagonist

Thomas Cavendish
7 hours ago, rjmthe2nd said:

protagonist is the antagonist

Question Mark What GIF by MOODMAN

do you know the meaning of these words?

• KEKW 2
  • Bonk! 1

AkshayKumar

^the protagonist can be the antagonist if we have multiple protagonists, and one is the adversary of the other. If Trevor decided to hunt down Michael after finding out about Brad, then Trevor would be Michael's antagonist (and probably vice versa) 

On 2/25/2022 at 6:17 AM, thebaddude12 said:

I have a question can work a antogonist who dont die?

Yeah it could be that the protagonist gets the last laugh over them without having to kill them, like CJ and Salvatore in San Andreas, or even CJ and OG Loc i suppose. Though a villain who never gets their comeuppance in any way is interesting, I can only think of the two endings in GTA V where this happens but even there both are considered non canon I guess. The RDR example above is good, it would still have been a fine game had it ended with John and Ross. 

• Like 2

JP0cYXG.png

ThatBenGuy1998

Great and creative thread, OP. Anyways, I would prefer an antagonist who’s a well-written mobster like Dimitri Rascalov, Sonny Forelli, Catalina or Ray Bulgarin. I’m okay with a law enforcement official as an antagonist just as long as it’s done in a way heavily related to criminals like Frank Tenpenny as opposed to one doing spy vs spy work like Steve Haines.

• Like 2

MARKUS.

Or something that you don't really expect. Like Lance Vance in Vice City

On my first GTA V playthrough I had a second thought  if Lamar would sell us out on the way to Lamar Down, specially after how Franklin got distanced from him or got scammed on the car deliveries. 

Would be really sad but, it would be better than Steve Haines & Devin. I was like Tha F*** happened to you Dan Houser? specially after seeing the best antagonist in the series being Dimitri Rascalov and how poetic was that he, at the end was barely crying desperately on a dish served cold

• Like 2

rjmthe2nd
On 3/15/2022 at 4:31 AM, Thomas Cavendish said:

Question Mark What GIF by MOODMAN

do you know the meaning of these words?

You must have a very smooth brain; every GTA protagonist is technically the antagonist. My idea meant more so that there's literally nothing likeable or redeemable about the main character (I.E: being a murderer and loving it) 

Thomas Cavendish
1 hour ago, rjmthe2nd said:

every GTA protagonist is technically the antagonist.

it absolutely makes no sense.

Protagonist is the main character of a story. (it is not related to his moral behavior, being likeable or redeemable, or being a murder and loving it)
Antagonist is the character who opposes the protagonist. (it is not related to his moral behavior, being likeable or redeemable, or being a murder and loving it)

• Like 1

Starbeth

an antagonist like Javier Bardem from No Country For Old Men. one of the most chilling characters.

no-country-for-old-men.jpg

edit: actually nevermind this doesnt really fit as a deeply layered antagonist

Edited by Starbeth
  • Like 1

rjmthe2nd
On 3/16/2022 at 8:47 PM, Thomas Cavendish said:

it absolutely makes no sense.

Protagonist is the main character of a story. (it is not related to his moral behavior, being likeable or redeemable, or being a murder and loving it)
Antagonist is the character who opposes the protagonist. (it is not related to his moral behavior, being likeable or redeemable, or being a murder and loving it)

You'd have a point if I didn't already know that. The playable character (protagonist) can be the antagonist, because actually the main character of any of the GTA games can be seen as the villain from the cops perspective.

But of course, people on this forum love to act like they have no clue of what someone is talking about.

Edited by rjmthe2nd

BloxedRetro
On 2/9/2022 at 12:01 AM, thebaddude12 said:

Antagonists ideas :

first one : a corrupt cop who dont stop anoying the protagonist in phone calls saying "i will kill you"

second one : a antagonist who betrays you becuase theres a rat in the gang and he think you are the rat becuase he its racist or xenofobic

third one : you found the antagonist who kill all your family for business or another reason

No joke I also had the idea of the Third Antagonist, they wouldn't be a main antagonist but rather second.