3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTA VI B*tch & Moan Thread

Fedinambar

Donald Lov

You know, the more I use the internet these days, the more it seems to me that the dead internet conspiracy theory is true:kekw: It's always the same, bland ideas and views that are expressed today from seemingly everybody. It's almost as if a Western man has lost the capacity(and the desire) to think for himself. The whole deal going on here, with both the attack and the defense, I think I've seen dozens of times played out before, but each time in a different context:prismkek:

1 minute ago, GrandTheftAutoVI said:

your talking about things that have changed over decades yet VI will be more censored than any other GTA before it. 

Source on VI being more censored than any other GTA before it?

R* supposedly not punching down is not anywhere near enough evidence of that to make that claim. If they suddenly stop satirising the goverments, the corporations, the celebrities, US gun laws, US healthcare, general US culture and a billion more things then I'll agree with you.

4 minutes ago, GrandTheftAutoVI said:

why can't you accept humor and satire is subjective?

Humour and satire is subjectively funny, but "humour" and "satire" still have a definition.

Satire has a point to the ridicule and humour, for lack of a better way of putting it, has a punchline. In years gone by we'd punch down at minorities and ridicule them for what they are in a "oh aren't they so weird/unusual/embarrassing/pathetic?" kind of way, it was people laughing at other peoples misery more than it was humour. This used to be accepted but over the decades became less and less.

1 minute ago, Donald Lov said:

It's almost as if a Western man has lost the capacity(and the desire) to think for himself. 

Which, ironically, is something almost ways said by people who do nothing but parrot what they've been told.

GrandTheftAutoVI
Just now, Jason said:

Source on VI being more censored than any other GTA before it?

R* supposedly not punching down is not anywhere near enough evidence of that to make that claim. If they suddenly stop satirising the goverments, the corporations, the celebrities, US gun laws, US healthcare, general US culture and a billion more things then I'll agree with you.

Humour and satire is subjectively funny, but "humour" and "satire" still have a definition.

Satire has a point to the ridicule and humour, for lack of a better way of putting it, has a punchline. In years gone by we'd punch down at minorities and ridicule them for what they are in a "oh aren't they so weird/unusual/embarrassing/pathetic?" kind of way, it was people laughing at other peoples misery more than it was humour. This used to be accepted but over the decades became less and less.

That is still your opinion and not fact.

Would a brand like GTA launch today? No chance.

...and that is the point isn't it?

7 minutes ago, GrandTheftAutoVI said:

Would a brand like GTA launch today? No chance.

Well I mean that's your opinion, and not fact, but given that we're here talking about the upcoming sixth mainline installment in said franchise I think the actual answer is "yes, it would".

I mean Cyberpunk 2077 came out in 2020 and got criticism for how it portrayed various modern topics, and honestly dealt with certain themes in far more detail than GTA ever has, especially things like sex and nudity. There was also a side story where you bloody crucified someone lol.

Man, some people revolve their whole personality around thinking being offensive is a virtue. And then turn around and call anyone who disagrees with them a "virtue signaler"...

"I'm not so easily offended like you snowflakes. Nothing offends me. 😎"

"DID YOU JUST CRITICIZE A COMEDIAN?!?!?! 🤬"

13 hours ago, Jason said:

Which, ironically, is something almost ways said by people who do nothing but parrot what they've been told.

Wake up, sheeple! Rupert Murdoch told me not to trust the mainstream media that he doesn't own!

• KEKW 1

On 8/1/2022 at 1:42 AM, Komosexual said:

A lot of people are really hung up on the "woke" or "culturally sensitive" comments, when in reality, Rockstar has always been pretty "woke" and "culturally sensitive."

I'd have to say I disagree with this statement. The way I see it, they are were quite centrist, sometimes mocking liberals more than conservatives with the radio, internet and TV shows. Besides, the comedy shows in GTA IV are some of the most politically incorrect things I've ever seen on a video game, poking fun at overweight and trans people. 

Spoiler

Anyways, I do hope Rockstar has become ''woke'' and culturally sensitive because they weren't really that much if you ask me.

https://www.inverse.com/gaming/woke-gta-6-can-still-be-great

Edited by A Good Man
  • Like 1
  • Bruh 1

20 hours ago, GrandTheftAutoVI said:

do you agree? if so why. why can't you accept humor and satire is subjective?

Humour and satire is subjective.

Subjectiveness is your own personal opinion on something outside of facts.

Do you know something else about it? You are not the only one with a subjective opinion on something. Other people have their own opinions, other people are also writing the game, not you. So, deal with it?

You can argue that a comedian is entitled to say an offensive joke if you found it funny. You cannot argue that a comedian is wrong or bad for not using an offensive joke. It is completely and utterly nonsensical.

Edited by DarkDayz
  • Like 2
  • KekCringe 1

GrandTheftAutoVI
1 hour ago, DarkDayz said:

Do you know something else about it? You are not the only one with a subjective opinion on something. Other people have their own opinions, other people are also writing the game, not you. So, deal with it?

You can argue that a comedian is entitled to say an offensive joke if you found it funny. You cannot argue that a comedian is wrong or bad for not using an offensive joke. It is completely and utterly nonsensical.

when others have a different opinion than me i chose to debate or simply move on.

thanks for arguing my point for me though 👍

Thomas Cavendish

Imagine a massive masterpiece like RDR2, and people complaining it doesn't make jokes about gays.
Basically if gta does not please you, it has been censored.

• Like 1
  • Bruh 1

2 hours ago, Thomas Cavendish said:

Imagine a massive masterpiece like RDR2, and people complaining it doesn't make jokes about gays.
Basically if gta does not please you, it has been censored.

In regard to jokes/satire, what is the point of comparing a serious game with almost no satire like RDR2 to a game like GTA, which basically is a satire of the US? I'm also not sure that you understand what censorship means, so here you go.

• Like 1

The game hasn't even been officially announced and we moaning already? God I love this community. Well I just hope the game will be at least as good as RDR2 then I'll be satisfied.

• Like 1

Thomas Cavendish
3 hours ago, Jakub1904 said:

In regard to jokes/satire, what is the point of comparing a serious game with almost no satire like RDR2 to a game like GTA, which basically is a satire of the US? I'm also not sure that you understand what censorship means, so here you go.

If YOU decide not to express, it is not censorship. it is just YOUR decision.
Censorship is when someone else does not allow you to express something.

it is clear in the definition you just have posted.

• Like 1
  • Bruh 1

10 hours ago, DarkDayz said:

I think it's clear from that person's posts that they are literally impervious to reason or any amount of nuance whatsoever.

They're one of the people who loves being offended at other people being offended.

Edited by suicidehummer

1 hour ago, Unspoken OH said:

The game hasn't even been officially announced and we moaning already? God I love this community. Well I just hope the game will be at least as good as RDR2 then I'll be satisfied.

What else are people going to do with their valuable free time if not spending it moaning about something that currently has no impact on their life?

• YEE 1
  • KEKW 2

8 hours ago, Thomas Cavendish said:

If YOU decide not to express, it is not censorship. it is just YOUR decision.
Censorship is when someone else does not allow you to express something.

it is clear in the definition you just have posted.

Yeah, that's right. How is it relevant in this case, though? Do you think Rockstar's writers can just decide on their own what can or cannot be included in the game without consulting anyone higher up?

50 minutes ago, Jakub1904 said:

Yeah, that's right. How is it relevant in this case, though? Do you think Rockstar's writers can just decide on their own what can or cannot be included in the game without consulting anyone higher up?

nah bro, they always call me first, and if i don't think a particular joke is funny, imma make em scrap dat sh*t. i got high standards and they know dis

1 hour ago, Paper Mario said:

nah bro, they always call me first, and if i don't think a particular joke is funny, imma make em scrap dat sh*t. i got high standards and they know dis

LIES, THEY CONTACT ME AND ME ONLY FOR HUMOR

PROOF: IDK