4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTA VI B*tch & Moan Thread

Fedinambar

billiejoearmstrong8
On 2/8/2022 at 3:09 PM, Ondr4H said:

Isnt this actually first truly new game after Dan Houser departure?

After Dan Houser left, this company really struggle to get things straight...

So Im wondering, if story will have same style, like old titles. There was some touch, that makes these games timeless. Everything world wise worked like perfectly oiled machine, at least in SP .

Sadly Im expecting Dan Houser writing, with major "improvements" for modern audiences, by someone completely out of touch...

Not to mention Lazlow who was the main writer of radio content and NPC dialogue also leaving. Of course it's possible that other great writers can take over. But it's a real shame to lose their distinctive writing styles. Doesn't mean it can't still be good, but the story and the radio/world you're in won't have those same unique styles again.

• Like 5

MayoChiki
9 hours ago, suicidal_banana said:

Ehhh, i know this is the B&M thread, but really? are you actually serious??? Here let me help:

1. They outsourced DE because they are working on GTA6 and have been for several years now

2. Based on the above responses, honestly any moderator here is a more credible source then your imagination

3. Nobody is justifying DE? what are you smoking because i want some, its generally considered a massive failure that they wont bother fixing?

4. "You people"? + Being hyped or skeptical when we know nothing: Bad

Extra info if the above doesn't suffice:

Hide contents
  1. If you would've actually played GTA:O every once in a while (assuming you havent) you would've noticed how development slowed down a lot in the past years (even tho it keeps breaking sales records) and any sort of common sense and know-how of the company/franchise you claim to be so invested in would've combined to the conclusion "oh hey, they're working on GTA6" years ago, the fact that you still go "we cant have nice things because all of R* only works on GTA:O" only shows how completely disconnected you are from reality, news flash: R* games are crazy large projects that take thousands of developers years of work, its really not that weird for them to have outsourced DE when they have to get GTA6 right or the series is in serious trouble. (seriously, with the attitude you have, at the very least you should've realized that last part, do you think they can afford to f- up GTA6? after most of the "gta og's" left the company and a third of the fanbase goes "online is the death of a franchise"? the future of R* hinges on GTA6's success, why would they waste time on some dumb remaster that literally nobody asked for?)

2. This is obviously really nothing more besides a well intended suggestion, but eh: i'd strongly advice against saying things like moderators pull stuff out of their ass and are strawmen, or that you expected these figments of your imagination from the moderation team. Besides it clearly not being the case its a great way to get some warnings? and it actually has a negative effect on your posts, it doesn't really help how you come across. My suggestion would be to try elevate the discussion back to a more mature level, theres no reason to call people names

3. I dont even know what else to say about this, literally nobody justifies what happens with DE, but most people do realize that the GTA6 project is hoarding all of R* developers and that's what caused the whole DE problem, maybe you are misunderstanding them pushing back on this subject?

4. Honestly please just stop it with the "you people", you act like the whole forum is here to get you to buy GTA6 or DE or something crazy like that, this is just a large group of GTA fans with a large variety of different opinions, that doesn't make them strawmen or whatever else, stop making a fool of yourself. We are literally discussing this in a B&M thread, how exactly do you perceive this whole "i cant be skeptical" thing? please just have a mature discussion. Nobody knows anything, being hyped or skeptical is meaningless.

1. This again? They went as far as DMCA'ing fan projects and removing the originals from stores just so they could push DE as the true way of experiencing old titles, so how is this not important enough for them to just step up, hire more staff and do it themselves? It's not like we even had a date for GTAVI and development was already slowed down thanks to the success of GTA Online and now E&E, so the whole "they did it to avoid delays" means nothing since VI hadn't been announced anyway. But hey, if that's not enough, they outsourced the DE to the same studio that did a really poor job with the mobile ports of said games, and I'm supposed to think they did it because they care so much? Please...

Spoiler

why would they waste time on some dumb remaster that literally nobody asked for?

Because in the process they also messed with the legacy titles. So basically they chew more than they can swallow and do something no one asked for, hire a studio with bad reputation for the job, throw the release at full price (which IIRC also caused connection issues on RDR2/GTAV PC as a whole but don't quote me on that) and then it's no one's fault? Rocksteady Games got way more sh*t for Arkham Knight on PC and it's not like that game is mediocre by any means.

2. How is a staff member making a "I bet you'd..." comment based on nothing not calling names? The whole 'moving all non-positive posts to a separate thread' is already fishy, because god forbid we have discussion on a discussion forum. I guess we should have spammed itshappening.gif ad infinitum, because that's more productive than showing valid concerns, right? Seems like a poor example to set and shows clear bias to where they stand (replying with a laughing emoji? Making assumptions based on nothing? Is that elevating the discussion?). Again, if we can get why they are hyped, what's with the passive-aggressiveness from their side?

3 & 4. I'm smoking this thing called "reading the damn thread" and sure, you can have some. I insist, actually.

The rest of your post isn't even worth responding because I mostly agree with it and you're arguing things I never said.

Edited by MayoChiki

eutxizW.gifeutxizW.gif

suicidal_banana
4 hours ago, Wolfman_ said:

I don't know why so many fans will throw out this excuse.

Rockstar is no indie studio they're a multi-millionaire company (or billionaire? I don't know). And, in my opinion, if they really needed to outsource this project then GSG was by no means the best choice, since they've already screwed the PS4 remaster and the mobile versions a few years ago.

Why is it so hard to accept that someone at Rockstar (or Take2 perhaps?) made a poor call? Honestly: sh*t happens. But it isn't productive to just pretend nothing happened, because then no lesson will be learned and the mistake might be repeated in the future...

- Nobody says they are an indie studio, where do you and Mayo keep hearing this?

- Everybody agrees GSG was not the right studio to take on the DE project

- Everybody agrees they made an (exceptionally) poor call (i bet it was Take2, underlined by the above, only Take2 would be dumb enough to use GSG again after those half assed versions in the past)
- Nobody is pretending nothing happened? Oh and we all know they wont learn a lesson at all.

2 hours ago, MayoChiki said:

1. This again? They went as far as DMCA'ing fan projects and removing the originals from stores just so they could push DE as the true way of experiencing old titles, so how is this not important enough for them to just step up, hire more staff and do it themselves? It's not like we even had a date for GTAVI and development was already slowed down thanks to the success of GTA Online and now E&E, so the whole "they did it to avoid delays" means nothing since VI hadn't been announced anyway. But hey, if that's not enough, they outsourced the DE to the same studio that did a really poor job with the mobile ports of said games, and I'm supposed to think they did it because they care so much? Please...

Reveal hidden contents

why would they waste time on some dumb remaster that literally nobody asked for?

Because in the process they also messed with the legacy titles. So basically they chew more than they can swallow and do something no one asked for, hire a studio with bad reputation for the job, throw the release at full price (which IIRC also caused connection issues on RDR2/GTAV PC as a whole but don't quote me on that) and then it's no one's fault? Rocksteady Games got way more sh*t for Arkham Knight on PC and it's not like that game is mediocre by any means.

2. How is a staff member making a "I bet you'd..." comment based on nothing not calling names? The whole 'moving all non-positive posts to a separate thread' is already fishy, because god forbid we have discussion on a discussion forum. I guess we should have spammed itshappening.gif ad infinitum, because that's more productive than showing valid concerns, right? Seems like a poor example to set and shows clear bias to where they stand (replying with a laughing emoji? Making assumptions based on nothing? Is that elevating the discussion?). Again, if we can get why they are hyped, what's with the passive-aggressiveness from their side?

3 & 4. I'm smoking this thing called "reading the damn thread" and sure, you can have some. I insist, actually.

The rest of your post isn't even worth responding because I mostly agree with it and you're arguing things I never said.

1. I dont think you understand the job of R* management or Take2. (making money, and no im not saying thats good or somehow makes things acceptable, but its how companies work)

Besides that unless you know a bunch of R* developers personally i dont think you can claim "GTA6 development was slowed down thanks to the success of GTA:O" because we know f- all about what happens inside R*, but looking at RDR2 GTA5 and GTA4, there's no reason to assume they've only recently started working on 6, all 'recent' games where 5+ year projects that we only hear about near the end. Also theres the 'Agent' project that we know they've worked on for many years and then eventually cancelled.

Nobody is saying they outsourced it because they care so much, nobody says its no one's fault, what the actual f-

2. Calling names = labeling somebody as a strawman etc, making "i bet you'd..." responses based on your previous posts is just somebody making an assumption, perhaps not the best thing to do, but still pretty far from name calling, by all means do what you like though, it was just well intended advice.

'moving non-positive posts to a separate thread' isnt fishy, its literally giving you a dedicated podium? in line with the rest of the forums? (theres B&M threads in every section? what is the problem?)

Clear bias because they dont let you complain? but you got a dedicated thread for complaining?

The passive aggressiveness likely comes from you making remarks like "mods are strawmen and im not surprised"

3. & 4. I have read the thread, dont worry.

Like 1&2 these points where made in direct response to your posts, the 3 i quoted, but i guess you never said those things, only typed them...?

Lets agree to disagree because this is going nowhere, my 2 cents would be to chill out and stop making so much assumptions about people's motives and opinions, half the things you touch upon in your posts have no relation to anything said in the thread. Bottom line mods just try to run the forum and people just have opinions. And mods are also people. Have a wonderful day etc.

• Like 1

Americana

Rockstar teased one of the best games ever made in a similar way as they do it with Grand Theft Auto VI? I didn't know that.

• Like 2

José_Sócrates

"yeah, we're working on it". wtf? Is this what's generating so much hype around here? Are you guys so starved of rockstar's dick that you're willing to forgive all of their mistakes just because they've made a non-announcement of the game you've been expecting for so long and that will likely not live up to your expectations and disappoint you in many aspects? Remember when GTA V was announced? Now those were good times. The hype was real and Rockstar was still a good and reliable company. 

Goldfish memory. Live to consume, consume to consume, consume to not think, live without thinking.

• 2 weeks later...
Acetaminophen

I tried to play GTA 6. But it doesn't work. Can anyone help? @RockstarGames 

• KEKW 2
  • Bonk! 1

Lock n' Stock

Basically a non-announcement and a dogsh*t attempt at saving face after everything they've come under fire for (and for good reason). Of course GTA VI is obviously in development, but exactly how far? For all we know, a reveal trailer could be a year off yet. Maybe a location reveal will perk up my interest a bit, but I'm keeping my expectations low at this point.

It's f*cking pathetic that so many cream their pants at this. So easily swayed.

• Like 6

DexMacLeod
2 hours ago, Lock n' Stock said:

When it comes to original single player releases Rockstar still has an amazing track record. I don't know why it'd be "pathetic" for people to be excited that they're going to release another game. If anything, I'd say the people who still know Rockstar is capable of putting out a great GTA game are the ones who aren't easily swayed.

• KEKW 1

Lock n' Stock
2 hours ago, DexMacLeod said:

I don't know why it'd be "pathetic" for people to be excited that they're going to release another game.

Because it's a lazy and unexciting way of announcing the game that doesn't tell us anything, yet people are suddenly ready to get hyped despite the shafting R* has been giving fans lately. If it was a logo reveal or some kind of artwork then I'd probably understand. 

If anything, I'd say the people who still know Rockstar is capable of putting out a great GTA game are the ones who aren't easily swayed.

Maybe, but anyone who's been paying attention in the past few years at what's been happening with R* (like their scummy behaviour and Houser and Lazlow leaving) has just as much right to be skeptical imo.

Edited by Lock n' Stock
  • Like 1

DexMacLeod
2 hours ago, Lock n' Stock said:

Because it's a lazy and unexciting way of announcing the game that doesn't tell us anything, yet people are suddenly ready to get hyped despite the shafting R* has been giving fans lately. If it was a logo reveal or some kind of artwork then I'd probably understand. 

I think people were excited before Rockstar said anything. Getting more excited after finally getting some acknowledgement makes perfect sense. Whatever "shafting" Rockstar's been giving the fans doesn't change the fact that when they put out a new game it's usually worth getting excited about.

3 hours ago, Lock n' Stock said:

Maybe, but anyone who's been paying attention in the past few years at what's been happening with R* (like their scummy behaviour and Houser and Lazlow leaving) has just as much right to be skeptical imo.

What's been happening the past few years is that they haven't released a new game. There's nothing wrong with being skeptical (I certainly am) but insulting people who have liked previous Rockstar titles and are looking forward to the next one isn't the same as being skeptical.

Lock n' Stock

What's been happening the past few years is that they haven't released a new game. There's nothing wrong with being skeptical (I certainly am) but insulting people who have liked previous Rockstar titles and are looking forward to the next one isn't the same as being skeptical.

Fair enough, maybe I could have expressed myself a bit more politely. I just feel people should wait for something bigger before they get pumped.

• Like 1

BananaSpud666
On 3/1/2022 at 3:07 PM, Lock n' Stock said:

All I know is that I wasn't easily swayed

Actually, I think the so called GTA VI "trailer" was so dang terrible

• 2 weeks later...
BloxedRetro

Please be f*cking grounded in reality.

A concern for me is that GTA VI is gonna be as unrealistic as GTAO is rn. We'll have opressors in the main game, flying Deluxos, etc.

I'd hate to see that sh*t come to the main game, because while GTA always had extreme scenarios, they were still somewhat grounded in reality. Laser guns, flying bikes, and flying cars are the exact opposite of reality, so please, no unrealistic BS.

• Like 6

Americana

When you think that people are too excited about Grand Theft Auto VI then go and see the Expanded and Enhanced topic.

People are hyped for ehnanced shadows.

:modkek:

NightmanCometh96
7 hours ago, BloxedRetro said:

Please be f*cking grounded in reality.

A concern for me is that GTA VI is gonna be as unrealistic as GTAO is rn. We'll have opressors in the main game, flying Deluxos, etc.

I'd hate to see that sh*t come to the main game, because while GTA always had extreme scenarios, they were still somewhat grounded in reality. Laser guns, flying bikes, and flying cars are the exact opposite of reality, so please, no unrealistic BS.

I've resigned to the fact that we'll probably never see a GTA as grounded in gameplay or tone as IV again; it was just too polarizing of a direction to go in despite the game's generally positive reception. While some elements in V's SP were a little too out there for me (such as the excessively on-the-nose satire and the insufferable one-note stereotypes in the main and side-missions, although I'm guessing a lot of that has to do with LS parodying modern-day LA/Hollywood), GTAO went and cranked the zaniness up to 11 with all of the sci-fi sh*t it introduced. I play GTA because I want to play a (relatively) grounded open-world crime game, not the Saints Row wannabe that Online has become over the years.

There has to be some sort of middle ground between IV and V that can please both respective audiences. But given GTAO's success, coupled with the flying bikes, Deluxos and whatnot, I am sadly expecting R*/T2 to double down on the wackiness and the futuristic elements.

Edited by NightmanCometh96
  • Like 2

Paper Mario
1 hour ago, NightmanCometh96 said:

I've resigned to the fact that we'll probably never see a GTA as grounded in gameplay or tone as IV again; it was just too polarizing of a direction to go in despite the game's generally positive reception. While some elements in V's SP were a little too out there for me (such as the excessively on-the-nose satire and the insufferable one-note stereotypes in the main and side-missions, although I'm guessing a lot of that has to do with LS parodying modern-day LA/Hollywood), GTAO went and cranked the zaniness up to 11 with all of the sci-fi sh*t it introduced. I play GTA because I want to play a (relatively) grounded open-world crime game, not the Saints Row wannabe that Online has become over the years.

There has to be some sort of middle ground between IV and V that can please both respective audiences. But given GTAO's success, coupled with the flying bikes, Deluxos and whatnot, I am sadly expecting R*/T2 to double down on the wackiness and the futuristic elements.

yeah probably. kids love that crap and that's their audience now. they don't care about the quality anymore. they just want more money

• Like 3

BloxedRetro
3 hours ago, NightmanCometh96 said:

If they do go on that route, I honestly hope that somebody who's a GTA fan makes their own game basically saying "f*ck you Rockstar. If you're gonna give us this sh*t, how about we give people something that's actually f*cking realistic"

And also bonus points if the game is good, considering most games that go for GTA's style don't end up too well.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
Ondr4H

In GTA V best way to make real money is thanks to stock markets, Im wondering if GTA VI doesnt implement cryptocurrency in some way. I recently reads about crazy amount of Cryptocurrency scams or heist, big score heist payout is rookie number compared to some scams...

Sadly Im really oldschool, but they shown with stock markets they are not scared of white collar crimes.

• 2 weeks later...
nwodetox

you dont announce a game like that its all damage control

• Like 1
  • excuseme 1

universetwisters

I’m BITCHING and MOANING that the game isn’t out yet!!!!!!

• KEKW 1
  • Free Tee 1

• 3 weeks later...
houstoneagle

This thread...this whole topic of GTA 6 ought to be deleted. They haven't even announced when they will announce that they will announce the date that it will be scheduled for release, which will be rescheduled several months after that, with the online version having more bugs than a Minnesota campsite in June. 

And I have earned my right to be cantankerous about this because there is no damned excuse for Rockstar to have taken 9 years since the release of their current game to even announce it, and that clock is still ticking, so 9 could turn into 10 before it is announced which turns into 11 til release which turns into 12 until the rescheduled release.  They don't care about releasing 6 when 5 is making them a mint!

GTA 6 Online will not be available until 2026 at the very earliest, and I will laugh at you until then for starting this topic way way way too early.

• Like 1
  • KEKW 2

Lexiture

Why should we be excited about GTA VI?

It will have a serviceable story and be monetized like Red Dead Online - With dual currency, battle pass, GTA+, peer to peer and having to pay real money for cars and stuff. Take Two Style.

Oh and the broken HDR, bad gameplay, no replay value... being a R* games fan is soul destroying, a never ending cycle of begging and stressing over their bad marketing and features that should be included at launch. All influenced by the <2010 nostalgia.

Back when GTA IV and RDR released gaming wasn't nearly as popular as now. They didn't have any competition, that's why they were at the top. But this place has been taken over by Insomniac, Naughty Dog, From Software... 

Who's going to put through their bullsh*t after experiencing games like Elden Ring? After how they dealt with Red Dead Online? I feel we just want VI even though we're failing to see the road it's going to take.

Rockstarter
2 minutes ago, Lexiture said:

It will have a serviceable story and be monetized like Red Dead Online - With dual currency, battle pass, GTA+, peer to peer and having to pay real money for cars and stuff. Take Two Style.

Oh and the broken HDR, bad gameplay, no replay value... being a R* games fan is soul destroying, a never ending cycle of begging and stressing over their bad marketing and features that should be included at launch. All influenced by the <2010 nostalgia.

Back when GTA IV and RDR released gaming wasn't nearly as popular as now. They didn't have any competition, that's why they were at the top. But this place has been taken over by Insomniac, Naughty Dog, From Software... 

Who's going to put through their bullsh*t after experiencing games like Elden Ring? After how they dealt with Red Dead Online? I feel we just want VI even though we're failing to see the road it's going to take.

Sorry, sh*t take. 

RDR2 was a universally recognised masterpiece. 

GTAVI will be released 6 or 7 years later, with the masters of the game Rockstar at the helm . 

Elden Ring? lol, that's a funny cock to bring into a bullfight. 

ShmuckaRucka
13 minutes ago, Lexiture said:

There's a difference between GTA VI and whatever the next GTA Online will be.

• Like 1

The Tracker
31 minutes ago, Lexiture said:

GTA V is literally the 3rd best selling game of all time, RDR2 outsold every single release in 2018, GTA VI is probably the most anticipated game ever.

Your take makes no sense at all. 

• Like 2
  • KEKW 1

Lexiture
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, The Tracker said:

GTA V is literally the 3rd best selling game of all time, RDR2 outsold every single release in 2018, GTA VI is probably the most anticipated game ever.

lol, lame argument. COD & FIFA also outsells every other game each year but that doesn't mean in any way they're good. 

Everyone will buy it so I have to! Please don't leave me behind! 

I repeat: Why should we be excited about GTA VI? Considering the route R* has taken over the past 5 years? 

Edited by Lexiture

The Tracker
6 minutes ago, Lexiture said:

lol, lame argument. COD & FIFA also outsells every other game each year but that doesn't mean in any way they're good. 

Everyone will buy it so I have to! Please don't leave me behind! 

I repeat: Why should we be excited about GTA VI? Considering the route R* has taken over the past 5 years? 

When was I talking about quality? I was talking about popularity, which is what you were talking about originally. 

• 3 weeks later...
Superdays

they scaled back what could have been the greatest map ever

I am usually a quality over quantity person, but at this point I DONT GIVE A SH8T ABOUT INTERIORS 

21 minutes ago, Superdays said:

they scaled back what could have been the greatest map ever

I am usually a quality over quantity person, but at this point I DONT GIVE A SH8T ABOUT INTERIORS 

BRAVO ROCKSTAR