4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTA VI B*tch & Moan Thread

Fedinambar

Unspoken OH
6 minutes ago, Zapper said:

You think Rockstar won't fine tune and polish their next flagship title that they certainly plan to support for at least this decade?

Yes, unfortunately, that is exactly what I think. Look at what happened to the 'GTA Trilogy Definite Edition'. Look what happened to GTA Online (Rockstar is milking it by releasing ridiculous updates, which frankly do not belong in the GTA world/universe, they messed up the storyline, etc), their target audience is kids now for sure and we all know that 99% of children have low standards when it comes to gaming and they give little to no f*cks about tiny details in an open world game. All they care about is explosions, more explosions, save the world type missions like in Fast and Furious, flying vehicles and everything has to be shiny, colorful and funny of course. That's literally all they care about. Tell me I'm wrong, please tell me I'm mistaken. You can't, because all know this is how it really is. With this being said, I'm really worried about the next GTA title. It's obviously gonna feature a 'Story Mode' but it'll be short and trash. Why would Rockstar waste resources on Singleplayer when they know god damn well how successful GTA Online is? All they have to do is follow the GTA5 Online model and it's done. Easy profit, gg wp, Rockstar. With GTA6, Rockstar will concentrate on the game's online component only. F*ck me if I'm wrong. 

1 minute ago, Unspoken OH said:

Yes, unfortunately, that is exactly what I think. Look at what happened to the 'GTA Trilogy Definite Edition

That was made by GSG not Rockstar.

11 minutes ago, Unspoken OH said:

F*ck me if I'm wrong. 

you’re right tho, gta6 will be basically fortnite but with nfts

Unspoken OH
20 minutes ago, Zello said:

Also, I forgot to mention this but what about this 'GTA V Expanded and Enhanced' bullsh*t? 

1.) Rockstar lazily re-used beta and ps3 footage in their first trailer.

2.) Rockstar pathetically re-used PS4 footage in their second trailer.

3.) "Seamless character switching", lmao.

4.) Seemingly, this E&E version is barely going to be an update yet it's gonna cost $60 at least (inflation not accounted)

If E&E is gonna be a flop, whom are you going to blame? Guess you won't be able to put the blame on GSG anymore, will you?

8 minutes ago, potramen said:

you’re right tho, gta6 will be basically fortnite but with nfts

Most games are trying to copy Fortnite because of its massive brand success. The only thing I'm grateful for is that Red Dead Redemption 2 had already been under development when Fortnite came out. RDR2 was saved from a disaster. GTA6 won't be. Mark my words. 

Edited by Unspoken OH

8 minutes ago, Unspoken OH said:

Also, I forgot to mention this but what about this 'GTA V Expanded and Enhanced' bullsh*t? 

1.) Rockstar lazily re-used beta and ps3 footage in their first trailer.

2.) Rockstar pathetically re-used PS4 footage in their second trailer.

3.) "Seamless character switching", lmao.

4.) Seemingly, this E&E version is barely going to be an update yet it's gonna cost $60 at least (inflation not accounted)

If E&E is gonna be a flop, whom are you going to blame? Guess you won't be able to put the blame on GSG anymore, will you?

Oh no GTA V E&E deserves all the criticism

rw5CsNJ.png?1

Eugene H. Krabs

So far from what I'm seeing, the game doesn't have realistic steak. f*ck this game.

Isnt this actually first truly new game after Dan Houser departure?

After Dan Houser left, this company really struggle to get things straight...

So Im wondering, if story will have same style, like old titles. There was some touch, that makes these games timeless. Everything world wise worked like perfectly oiled machine, at least in SP .

Sadly Im expecting Dan Houser writing, with major "improvements" for modern audiences, by someone completely out of touch...

BloxedRetro

They better bring back the ability to go into Burger Shot and Cluckin' Bell. Like, seriously. Why were they removed from V?

Edited by BloxedRetro
  • Like 6

6 hours ago, Zello said:

But the fact that Rockstar outsourced the remasters to GSG tell us a lot about how they're operating things nowadays and their current (lack) of ambition. There is no excuse.

Edited by Wolfman_
English.
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Wolfman_ said:

But the fact that Rockstar outsourced the remasters to GSG tell us a lot about how they're operating things nowadays and their current (lack) of ambition. There is no excuse.

Or perhaps their ambition is so high, they did not have the spare resources to do the trilogy themselves.

MayoChiki
1 hour ago, Len Lfc said:

Or perhaps their ambition is so high, they did not have the spare resources to do the trilogy themselves.

This is true. I mean, they are literally a small indie developer that barely make ends meet every quarter. They obviously HAD to outsource the trilogy since otherwise hiring and working on non-GTA Online projects would have been impossible.

• Bruh 1

eutxizW.gifeutxizW.gif

Spider-Vice
36 minutes ago, MayoChiki said:

This is true. I mean, they are literally a small indie developer that barely make ends meet every quarter. They obviously HAD to outsource the trilogy since otherwise hiring and working on non-GTA Online projects would have been impossible.

You'd be the first one to cry if GTA VI got a date announced, then had to be delayed because the same developers who could be working on GTA VI had to be allocated to work on a remaster, too.

image.pngut_dog.png   image.png

let your hopes and dreams turn into burning fire!

GTANet | Red Dead Network | kifflom 

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

There's a reason people appreciate games like RDR2, and say things like "this is why it took 5+ years and 2,000 devs" while marvelling at all the small, incredible details. We can't have everything.

TheHoover69
3 hours ago, BloxedRetro said:

They better bring back the ability to go into Burger Shot and Cluckin' Bell. Like, seriously. Why were they removed from V?

AMEN!

They should bring back online dating in the game too, but make it a parody of Tinder or something

• Like 2
  • Realistic Steak! 1

GRANDHEIST
16 minutes ago, Len Lfc said:

We can't have everything

Except full price

vTaYlmV.png

• KEKW 3

MayoChiki
1 hour ago, Spider-Vice said:

You'd be the first one to cry if GTA VI got a date announced, then had to be delayed because the same developers who could be working on GTA VI had to be allocated to work on a remaster, too.

no? since when is your ass a credible source for you to be so sure?

i didn't mind any of the delays for gtav or rdr2, hell, anyone with better memory than a goldfish should be at the very least skeptical about what is vi going to be for a variety of reasons, but then again you people are already justifying the disaster for DE as "it wasn't rockstar" or acting like outsourcing entire big projects excuses them. nice strawman, btw, i'd say i expected better but i really didn't

i really don't get why they get a pass for everything like they're somehow this small studio

eutxizW.gifeutxizW.gif

BloxedRetro
22 minutes ago, MayoChiki said:

no? since when is your ass a credible source for you to be so sure?

i didn't mind any of the delays for gtav or rdr2, hell, anyone with better memory than a goldfish should be at the very least skeptical about what is vi going to be for a variety of reasons, but then again you people are already justifying the disaster for DE as "it wasn't rockstar" or acting like outsourcing entire big projects excuses them. nice strawman, btw, i'd say i expected better but i really didn't

i really don't get why they get a pass for everything like they're somehow this small studio

It's the Rockstar tradition. GTA IV was delayed to the next year, GTA V was delayed to the next year, RDR 2 was delayed to the next year. It's basically almost certain for GTA VI to be delayed to 2024 if the pattern stays true, which it likely will be unless Rockstar have been more tactical with the reveal, considering how it took so long for the reveal to happen in the first place.

MayoChiki
14 minutes ago, BloxedRetro said:

It's the Rockstar tradition. GTA IV was delayed to the next year, GTA V was delayed to the next year, RDR 2 was delayed to the next year. It's basically almost certain for GTA VI to be delayed to 2024 if the pattern stays true, which it likely will be unless Rockstar have been more tactical with the reveal, considering how it took so long for the reveal to happen in the first place.

Yeah, delays don't bother me unless the staff says so, but my point is that usually we'd expect something like this:

Or this:

Over this:

https://gtaforums.com/uploads/monthly_2022_02/image.png.35813027388b6f4ec61b4c50e28200a3.png

CDPR certainly won't recover from CP2077, so why is Rockstar receiving praise from this non-announcement?

Why are we justifying outsourcing big projects like DE? Which came to be as the definitive way to experience old beloved titles to the point of retiring the originals from stores and killing all fan projects that kept said games current and alive FOR FREE?  Was that not important enough to require the main studio? Not to mention all skepticism was met with ridicule even though it was being made by the same people who butchered the mobile ports.

Of course they are working on GTA VI, what else should they be doing? They outsource DE, ignore RDR2/RDO and throw half-assed updates every six months on GTAO while leaving rampant cheating just have their way. They only care about one title and still barely work on making it not be infested by god-mode and spam chat, to the point fans have to do the work for them.

I get if you're a fan of GTA, I get if you're optimistic, I get if you grew up with their games and it's the only thing that makes sense in your life, whatever... that's why we should worry. They are not our friends, game companies and shareholders are not doing us a favor, especially when they shift from being so consumer-friendly to straight up backstab them (even companies like Bethesda, known for their shadiness, can throw a bone at their fans from time to time ffs) we are customers and they want profit, but in exchange we want a good product so the cycle can continue. This is less likely to happen if we keep pre-ordering, forgetting and forgiving. You forgive a friend, not a company ffs.

They made one of the most profitable products in history, so any mistake that happens because of mismanagement or lack of time/employees, that's on them.

eutxizW.gifeutxizW.gif

bashovski

I still can't believe people can't differentiate Rockstar Studios (Developer) and Rockstar Games (Publisher).

Jfc, Rockstar Studios always deliver top-notch, high-quality games and they've never failed to push the boundaries. I have no idea how, or why did Rockstar Games (publisher) allow DE to happen, they probably don't care.

Don't expect anything major from E&E, it'll be a simple port with several improvements and tweaks and that's all. They are doing this to justify the amount of time they've taken to develop next GTA, so investors don't whine.

T2 would be the first to force R* to release their next title sooner, but they clearly didn't. It seems like Rockstar has decent autonomy in making its own decision, which was also mentioned several times by CEO of T2, Strauss Zelnick.

The way some of you are talking makes me think Rockstar Games (the publisher) and Rockstar Studios (the developer) are incapable of properly communicating and planning between it each other. It also makes me think that a multimillionaire gaming company like Rockstar is incapable of making a proper remaster of 15 year old games while also working on a new title.

Whatever mental gymnastic you're trying to apply, the only logical conclusion is that there was some level of incompetence in the middle of these facts.

Edited by Wolfman_
English.

On 2/7/2022 at 5:25 AM, MrBreak16 said:

If GTA VI comes out on PS4 and Xbox One, I will be very dissapointed

buy everyone a ps5 or xsx then 🤩

19 hours ago, TheHoover69 said:

AMEN!

They should bring back online dating in the game too, but make it a parody of Tinder or something

No B*tches?

18 hours ago, MayoChiki said:

Yeah, delays don't bother me unless the staff says so, but my point is that usually we'd expect something like this:

Or this:

Over this:

https://gtaforums.com/uploads/monthly_2022_02/image.png.35813027388b6f4ec61b4c50e28200a3.png

CDPR certainly won't recover from CP2077, so why is Rockstar receiving praise from this non-announcement?

Why are we justifying outsourcing big projects like DE? Which came to be as the definitive way to experience old beloved titles to the point of retiring the originals from stores and killing all fan projects that kept said games current and alive FOR FREE?  Was that not important enough to require the main studio? Not to mention all skepticism was met with ridicule even though it was being made by the same people who butchered the mobile ports.

Of course they are working on GTA VI, what else should they be doing? They outsource DE, ignore RDR2/RDO and throw half-assed updates every six months on GTAO while leaving rampant cheating just have their way. They only care about one title and still barely work on making it not be infested by god-mode and spam chat, to the point fans have to do the work for them.

I get if you're a fan of GTA, I get if you're optimistic, I get if you grew up with their games and it's the only thing that makes sense in your life, whatever... that's why we should worry. They are not our friends, game companies and shareholders are not doing us a favor, especially when they shift from being so consumer-friendly to straight up backstab them (even companies like Bethesda, known for their shadiness, can throw a bone at their fans from time to time ffs) we are customers and they want profit, but in exchange we want a good product so the cycle can continue. This is less likely to happen if we keep pre-ordering, forgetting and forgiving. You forgive a friend, not a company ffs.

They made one of the most profitable products in history, so any mistake that happens because of mismanagement or lack of time/employees, that's on them.

Is it really that much different than this?

DrftSeC.png

Even if we had a title, a logo (which changed) a release date (which was delayed) and a website, we still had to wait 10 months for a trailer.

All I'm saying is save your judgement for when we actually see something.

Things are just different, these days. And we're still in a pandemic, where people are working from home, still. it is what it is.

MayoChiki
5 hours ago, Len Lfc said:

when we actually see something

Like this?

Because as far as I'm concerned it's the same developers. The article you posted was two years after San Andreas came out. Two, not eight and a half.

You people expect us to be optimistic when they keep throwing these low effort releases and then stay silent for the rest of the year and somehow that's unreasonable. Then there's the hipocrisy...

Being hyped when we know nothing: Good

Being skeptical when we know nothing: Bad

eutxizW.gifeutxizW.gif

rjmthe2nd

Omg Rockstar sucks first they fire Mark Zuckerberg and now they're finally announcing GTA VI is JUST starting production?!?! This is an outrage, I say we pull an insurrection on Rockstar's HQ NOWWWARAAAAAHJJHHJGDR - moron

• Bruh 1

Gettin up

GTA Trilogy was sh*t even before release and it has sold more than 10M copies, lmao. GTA 6 will easily sell more than 100M copies.

• Like 3

I know for a fact that after one trailer I'll get hyped, get over hyped, and then disappointed when it comes out in 8 years from now. 

It's a vicious cycle. 

suicidal_banana
On 2/8/2022 at 9:14 PM, MayoChiki said:

they are literally a small indie developer that barely make ends meet every quarter. They obviously HAD to outsource the trilogy since otherwise hiring and working on non-GTA Online projects would have been impossible.

On 2/8/2022 at 11:41 PM, MayoChiki said:

since when is your ass a credible source for you to be so sure?

you people are already justifying the disaster for DE as "it wasn't rockstar" or acting like outsourcing entire big projects excuses them. nice strawman, btw, i'd say i expected better but i really didn't

On 2/10/2022 at 12:43 AM, MayoChiki said:

You people expect us to be optimistic when they keep throwing these low effort releases and then stay silent for the rest of the year and somehow that's unreasonable. Then there's the hipocrisy...

Being hyped when we know nothing: Good

Being skeptical when we know nothing: Bad

Ehhh, i know this is the B&M thread, but really? are you actually serious??? Here let me help:

1. They outsourced DE because they are working on GTA6 and have been for several years now

2. Based on the above responses, honestly any moderator here is a more credible source then your imagination

3. Nobody is justifying DE? what are you smoking because i want some, its generally considered a massive failure that they wont bother fixing?

4. "You people"? + Being hyped or skeptical when we know nothing: Bad

Extra info if the above doesn't suffice:

Spoiler
  1. If you would've actually played GTA:O every once in a while (assuming you havent) you would've noticed how development slowed down a lot in the past years (even tho it keeps breaking sales records) and any sort of common sense and know-how of the company/franchise you claim to be so invested in would've combined to the conclusion "oh hey, they're working on GTA6" years ago, the fact that you still go "we cant have nice things because all of R* only works on GTA:O" only shows how completely disconnected you are from reality, news flash: R* games are crazy large projects that take thousands of developers years of work, its really not that weird for them to have outsourced DE when they have to get GTA6 right or the series is in serious trouble. (seriously, with the attitude you have, at the very least you should've realized that last part, do you think they can afford to f- up GTA6? after most of the "gta og's" left the company and a third of the fanbase goes "online is the death of a franchise"? the future of R* hinges on GTA6's success, why would they waste time on some dumb remaster that literally nobody asked for?)

2. This is obviously really nothing more besides a well intended suggestion, but eh: i'd strongly advice against saying things like moderators pull stuff out of their ass and are strawmen, or that you expected these figments of your imagination from the moderation team. Besides it clearly not being the case its a great way to get some warnings? and it actually has a negative effect on your posts, it doesn't really help how you come across. My suggestion would be to try elevate the discussion back to a more mature level, theres no reason to call people names

3. I dont even know what else to say about this, literally nobody justifies what happens with DE, but most people do realize that the GTA6 project is hoarding all of R* developers and that's what caused the whole DE problem, maybe you are misunderstanding them pushing back on this subject?

4. Honestly please just stop it with the "you people", you act like the whole forum is here to get you to buy GTA6 or DE or something crazy like that, this is just a large group of GTA fans with a large variety of different opinions, that doesn't make them strawmen or whatever else, stop making a fool of yourself. We are literally discussing this in a B&M thread, how exactly do you perceive this whole "i cant be skeptical" thing? please just have a mature discussion. Nobody knows anything, being hyped or skeptical is meaningless.

• Like 1

doktorfuxx
On 2/9/2022 at 5:51 PM, Len Lfc said:

Is it really that much different than this?

DrftSeC.png

Even if we had a title, a logo (which changed) a release date (which was delayed) and a website, we still had to wait 10 months for a trailer.

All I'm saying is save your judgement for when we actually see something.

Things are just different, these days. And we're still in a pandemic, where people are working from home, still. it is what it is.

Making excuses for Rockstar... Yep, there's a few of you!

7 hours ago, suicidal_banana said:

1. They outsourced DE because they are working on GTA6 and have been for several years now.

I don't know why so many fans will throw out this excuse.

Rockstar is no indie studio they're a multi-millionaire company (or billionaire? I don't know). And, in my opinion, if they really needed to outsource this project then GSG was by no means the best choice, since they've already screwed the PS4 remaster and the mobile versions a few years ago.

Why is it so hard to accept that someone at Rockstar (or Take2 perhaps?) made a poor call? Honestly: sh*t happens. But it isn't productive to just pretend nothing happened, because then no lesson will be learned and the mistake might be repeated in the future...

• Like 4