4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTA VI B*tch & Moan Thread

Fedinambar

doktorfuxx
1 hour ago, Zorak-2 said:

With the way this was announced, this is clearly a marketing move to cover-up all the bad PR they were getting with Trilogy DE, RDO, E&E and not everyone is dumb enough to fall for it.

You still have some people believing Rockstar is a indie company lmao

5 minutes ago, D9fred95 said:

Gamers really do have the memory of a goldfish it seems. No wonder companies like Ubisoft and Electronic Arts Sports division pump out the same thing every year when people are this easily pleased.

Schuimpruim

EuYWTAd.png

Tell this to the people who bought the remastered GTA's on the first week.

And tell it to the people who find sloppy products in GTAO every day.

Its good they share that they are working on it, not gonna lie my heart almost skipped a beat.

But dont give people hope or hype for something great, when there are people at rockstar just taking shortcuts and it clearly shows almost every dlc.

I personally hope there will be a trailer a week after the release of E&E, a man can dream :kekw:

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Schuimpruim said:

dont give people hope or hype for something great, when there are people at rockstar just taking shortcuts and it clearly shows almost every dlc.

i've said it before and i'll say it again:

one bad release does not define R*. the trilogy launch was a trainwreck, and gta 5 has been milked FAR too long, i agree. but don't forget about the incredible game they released in 2018. rdr2 is a masterpiece, and there's no doubt in my mind that gta 6 will meet or exceed that mark

suicidal_banana

I wanna be excited, but i know i shouldn't.

We all knew it existed, them saying it exists means very little, we're likely still 1,5-2 years off, if not more.

FkFq5h6.png

Plus, the above raises some massive red flags about GTA:O E&E

Americana

Why? It means that you are going to get Grand Theft Auto: Online which is nothing special.

Edited by Americana

Schuimpruim
2 hours ago, imViolet said:

i've said it before and i'll say it again:

one bad release does not define R*. the trilogy launch was a trainwreck, and gta 5 has been milked FAR too long, i agree. but don't forget about the incredible game they released in 2018. rdr2 is a masterpiece, and there's no doubt in my mind that gta 6 will meet or exceed that mark

The trilogy games all 3 were full of problems. Its not 1 bad release, I count this as 3 seperate releases.

I believe the original games ran even better nowadays than their converted mobile versions.

Sure GSG was doing the triple mistake. But Rockstar should have checked it before they released it, this was obviously not done.

Did you see the new male haircut from the last dlc? It was also done very poorly. Looked like somebody went to 2 different barbers and said "F*ck up my hair fam".

Or the Enus Jubilee with the interior from gen1 GTAO?

Have you seen the Lampadati Cinquemila, which doesnt even have a fully closed hood at the front window part?

And a few more things, but this post is becoming a TLDR.

However I agree RDR2 is a masterpiece, no doubt about it. Honest question, is it currently well maintained?

It was released 3 years ago, and since then I think a lot have changed at Rockstar.

I do hope they will create a masterpiece, but Im not expecting it.

Simply to not be disappointed, like with The Contract, Tuners, Cayo Perico, Los Santos Summer Special etc.

Edited by eyman

2 hours ago, Schuimpruim said:

However I agree RDR2 is a masterpiece, no doubt about it. Honest question, is it currently well maintained?

It was released 3 years ago, and since then I think a lot have changed at Rockstar.

I do hope they will create a masterpiece, but Im not expecting it.

Simply to not be disappointed, like with The Contract, Tuners, Cayo Perico, Los Santos Summer Special etc.

RDR2 is a masterpiece but it started being produced immediately after RDR1. Which means: before GTA V and GTA Online. I'm not sure if the current day R* is the same developer we used to know, and my faith isn't so easily regained, especially after the GTA Trilogy fiasco. The best we can do is wait and keep our skepticism until further notice.

Edited by Wolfman_
English.

5 hours ago, Schuimpruim said:

in my opinion, yes. RDO isn't but singleplayer has had many bugs fixed and even a few quality of life changes made over the years (my favorite of which being the gun locker). they haven't abandoned quality by any stretch, and i'm not sure why people say they have.

• Like 3

MayoChiki

wasn't "development for the next entry" something we knew already? why is this news and why is everyone so excited over "oh... ah? yeah, w-we're totally working on it!"

i swear, this community is too forgiving. e&e backlash, DE backlash, monthly events on rdo and now it's all forgiven because "they're totally working on gta6 guys!!". no proof, no teaser, no nothing, just "yeah, we're on it" and they're back on their pedestal. you people will NEVER learn

eutxizW.gifeutxizW.gif

2 minutes ago, MayoChiki said:

i swear, this community is too forgiving. e&e backlash, DE backlash, monthly events on rdo and now it's all forgiven because "they're totally working on gta6 guys!!". no proof, no teaser, no nothing, just "yeah, we're on it" and they're back on their pedestal. you people will NEVER learn

I love you Rockstar baby :sadkek:

• KEKW 3

5 minutes ago, MayoChiki said:

no proof

:sadkek:

fib_ufo_small.png

ThirstyHyena
14 minutes ago, MayoChiki said:

spacer.png

just posting my excuse tbqf, not that's it true or anything...

Edited by ThirstyHyena

MayoChiki
1 hour ago, Kirsty said:

:sadkek:

so nothing, good to know. i really hope the moderation is paid because otherwise being a drone for free must suck

eutxizW.gifeutxizW.gif

E•MO•TION
On 2/4/2022 at 11:54 AM, Thomas Cavendish said:

I can't wait to see this topic when they confirm Vice City.

I can't wait to see this topic when they confirm it isn't Vice City.

L8m1zfV.png

This is the most worthless "announcement" ever. They simply confirmed they are "working on it." Something anyone with more than sawdust in their skull knew already. An announcement of a game should be through a reveal trailer. The fact that they didn't do it is worrisome. As someone else stated, this was to just hype up their garbage GTA 5 E&E which is coming in March 2022.

Of course we knew they were working on it - they probably started around 2015 or even earlier. Games at this level take years and years to develop, market, and release. Yes, it's been more than eight years since GTA V dropped, but without an actual trailer showing more details, this is a non-announcement.

Sad to see so many people gullibly jubilant at this pathetic excuse of an 'announcement.'

My guess is that the trailer will drop later this year (Nov 2022) and the game will be released around two years after that - so Fall 2024 release. Both GTA V and RDR2 were released two years after the first announcement trailer.

I also hope they don't rehash the same location, especially something as bad as Miami / Vice City (worst GTA IMO).

The first trailer is the real 'announcement.' Until then, go back to sleep.

Gtaman_92

This “announcement” was obviously a damage control move because of all the bad publicity they’ve been receiving over the lazy cash grab release of GTA Trilogy, them milking GTA V for 9 years well as the complete abandonment of RDR Online. 

It’s a bit strange to see some people be so forgiving towards them because of this half ass acknowledgement of VI.

Edited by Gtaman_92

Can't wait for reveal trailer!

Then I can laugh at you guys because it's not in modern day!

• Bruh 2

On 2/6/2022 at 12:47 AM, Wolfman_ said:

RDR2 is a masterpiece but it started being produced immediately after RDR1. Which means: before GTA V and GTA Online. I'm not sure if the current day R* is the same developer we used to know, and my faith isn't so easily regained, especially after the GTA Trilogy fiasco. The best we can do is wait and keep our skepticism until further notice.

Exactly. Looking back now, I'm surprised that RDR2 even manage to get out of development, seeing how current Rockstar mercilessly shred GTA V DLCs into pieces and fed them to the GTAO machine. 

MrBreak16

If GTA VI comes out on PS4 and Xbox One, I will be very dissapointed

• Like 4

Hyperborean Gus Fring

I just really hope it isn't Vice City.

I want a map with the same kind of geographical diversity of GTA V. Not some tropical mess or an urban sh*t hole.

MrBreak16
1 minute ago, Hyperborean Gus Fring said:

I just really hope it isn't Vice City.

I want a map with the same kind of geographical diversity of GTA V. Not some tropical mess or an urban sh*t hole.

GTA V’s map was literally a city with a bunch of mountains and desert. I’ll take the tropical wetlands over this sh*t any day of the week

• Like 3

I'm okay if it's 80's Vice City, but I'll be disappointed if it's just a copy-paste-edit of GTA: Vice City. GTA VI needs something to distinguish itself from GTA VC.

Edited by wise_man
  • Like 1

Killerman29

My disappointment list:

-Modern setting

-Dumbed down physics

-Mediocre melee system

-Multiple protagonists

-Boring and linear/too scripted missions (like go buy some masks wtf)

-Political correctness/wokeness BS

-Only one city/swamplands, too small map

-Futuristic crap

-Grindfest online

-Toxic online/hacker infested

1 hour ago, Killerman29 said:

My disappointment list:

-Modern setting

-Dumbed down physics

-Mediocre melee system

-Multiple protagonists

-Boring and linear/too scripted missions (like go buy some masks wtf)

-Political correctness/wokeness BS

-Only one city/swamplands, too small map

-Futuristic crap

-Grindfest online

-Toxic online/hacker infested

You have some good gta 6 insiders 

to the gat 6 com hes a legit leaker since today

• YEE 1

5WnOKldb.jpgmnMYrlSb.jpg5WnOKldb.jpg

Got Scamed by this Indian @AkshayKumar :(

NightmanCometh96

If there is a modern setting (which I'm hoping isn't the case), I just hope the satire isn't overly on-the-nose and obvious. It's honestly one of the main reasons I dislike V's narrative; much of the cast (both main and side/supporting characters) feel like one-note stereotypes, which only makes the satire further grating. I get that GTA's schtick has always been that it's a parody of American culture, but I think they went overboard with it in V. Not that I want the satire to completely go away, it would just be nice if VI reins things in a bit (or at least keeps most of it in the background via radio/TV/ads/etc). 

Mister Pink

I just hope they can support single player for years like GTAO. I don't think they will. Why? It's a conflict of interest. They can't have people enjoying SP for too long when they could be in GTAO buying Shark Cards. 

For GTA V, Rockstar have seem to make decisions that favour profit first, players second. You'll say to me "oh their a business, that's what their supposed to do." This is the most condescending and ignorant statement a man can make, so let me debunk it quickly. Of course they are a business - so are Dupont and Monsanto - it doesn't mean companies always make the most moral and best decisions with the user in mind. I firmly believe that Rockstar used to make decisions that put the player first and they built a reputation of being a generous developer that makes user-centric decisions. I'm saying you can make user-centric decisions and the profit will come from doing consumer-focussed decisions. So what changed? 

Evidence of Rockstar making decisions with profit before people are as follows; Shark Cards, poor ports of San Andreas, and eventually GTA: DE, milking GTAO and having an overinflated economy that only serves Rockstar by people buying Shark Cards and paying out the wazoo for inflated prices. It's daylight robbery. It's like Rockstar pulling the ultimate heist against their fans, most people too imbecilic to realise what's going on because they think it's free. They don't realise that they could have had a waaaay better game is Shark Cards didn't exist. 

If Shark Cards didn't exist you might have had to pay for GTAO. That could have been a bit once-off or a reasonable annual fee. Then everything in-game should have non-inflated prices. Any item that anyone has every earned in-game would have been done by money earned by playing missions. XP would literally be linked to the money you earned because there is no way you can earn cash without doing missions. People could have bragging rights for having a garage full of nice cars, apartments and businesses because they would have been earned through gameplay and gameplay only. 

But charging a fee to play GTA Online would split the fanbase! Really? This is the worst excuse I've ever heard. You think having to pay into a concert or the cinema is splitting the fanbase? Do people still actually fall for that PR speak? Do you think a shopping mall would charge an entry fee and make the same excuse "the only reason we aren't charging you because we don't want to split the fanbase." f*ck that. They want you to come in an buy sh*t. I.e. Shark Cards. 

This is my fear  scepticism and potential disappointment for GTA VI. Single player will suffer because there aren't Shark Cards in SP. In order to get a supported SP, they will introduce microtransactions for singleplayer so it doesn't compete directly with Online business. That's even if they support single player. 

To fix GTAO2: Make a free version where you can buy Shark Cards but it's free entry. And make a premium version where you pay sub but no MTX. Being in an online world like GTA where currency is bought with real cash cannot and is not compatible with being immersed in the world. 

The_Ghost

The Starfish island doesn't have the Rockstar swimming pool anymore.

I've asked for a refund and I'll update this whenever I get a response, this is unacceptable, unplayable and lazy.

Mister Pink
25 minutes ago, NightmanCometh96 said:

If there is a modern setting (which I'm hoping isn't the case), I just hope the satire isn't overly on-the-nose and obvious. It's honestly one of the main reasons I dislike V's narrative; much of the cast (both main and side/supporting characters) feel like one-note stereotypes, which only makes the satire further grating. I get that GTA's schtick has always been that it's a parody of American culture, but I think they went overboard with it in V. Not that I want the satire to completely go away, it would just be nice if VI reins things in a bit (or at least keeps most of it in the background via radio/TV/ads/etc). 

Yeah, the Hollywood setting didn't leave anything interesting to parody that hasn't been done before. At least with 1992 San Andreas and it's focus on gang culture, there was a lot there that was arguably more interesting to parody as a videogame and playing as a gang member than a retired bank job guy living among Hollywood celebrity culture. The average GTA gamer doesn't give two sh*ts about celeb culture, especially if original players are in their 30's and are most likely young men. So that kind of baffled me. If it was you were 12 and GTA V was your first introduction to satire then it might click with you and you might think it was brilliant but most of us were accustomed to brilliant satire from The Onion, older GTA's and shows like The Day Today  which I'm pretty sure they referenced in from this Good Aids Vs Bad Aids sketch. 

I understand it's harder to satire stuff in modern times given we don't have the benefit of hindsight. Certain things are a bit too topical that they date by the time it gets to us. But I'm sure they can satirize more long term things that are just more interesting and aren't such low-hanging targets as vapid Hollywood celeb culture like Fame or Shame and other such obvious and boring things. 

If the leaks are true and it's down in Florida and even outside US, we should have some great opportunity to see something fresh and outside of Hollywood. 

I think GTA V was the first GTA game that made me not want to do to the city it's set in because everyone there is an annoying stuck up, fake prick, lol :D 

Edited by Mister Pink
  • Like 4

HunterOmen44

Get Ready Folks, CP2077 Part 2. Welcome to the Five Year Wait where we wait Five Years longer.