4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTA 6 Speculation & Discussion [Part 6]

Kirsty

The_Ghost
21 minutes ago, Kris194 said:

Maybe not reboot but gameplay needs to evolve. Worlds in GTA series are getting so big and detailed but gameplay in GTA series is stuck in 2000s.

Evolve in what way exactly? I keep hearing/reading this but I don't get it.

Edited by The_Ghost

Here's hoping that R* gives us a property to own that allows us to play music from our own playlist in freeroam like a pirate radio of sorts.

The_Ghost
8 hours ago, Rvfae said:

We got plenty of references to the 3D universe in the HD universe games, including IV, that doesn't mean anything 😂

Least of all that they're not separate universes anymore. Only way you're seeing anyone from past universes in the HD universe and beyond is via easter eggs or something similar 

Well, I know about easter eggs and all of that, but in this one Franklin specifically says: "this is just like that sh*t that went down in Flint County back in the day" implying that Flint County exists in the HD universe, and presuming that the events of GTA San Andreas are also related to the HD universe.

If course this could just be a very simple reference and there's nothing more to it, but still.

Were there any other events (missions) from the 3d era mentioned in GTAV/GTAO? I can't remember.

7 hours ago, jonnhy_xv said:

aslo Female protagonist shouldn't be batsh*t crazy like trevor . 

Or she should be...

We'll call her Trisha.

Edited by The_Ghost
  • Like 1
  • KEKW 2

Spider-Vice
52 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Well, I know about easter eggs and all of that, but in this one Franklin specifically says: "this is just like that sh*t that went down in Flint County back in the day" implying that Flint County exists in the HD universe, and presuming that the events of GTA San Andreas are also related to the HD universe.

If course this could just be a very simple reference and there's nothing more to it, but still.

Were there any other events (missions) from the 3d era mentioned in GTAV/GTAO? I can't remember.

One of the receptionists in the Agency makes a reference to OG Loc (he describes a person just like him) visiting and asking frantically about Franklin iirc. I have a feeling R* might be doing away with the whole "universes" thing.

image.pngut_dog.png   image.png

let your hopes and dreams turn into burning fire!

GTANet | Red Dead Network | kifflom 

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

Psj5BJ9.jpeg

this is criminal from rockstar...

a trailer for the short trip missions a few days after they announce gta 6 with their famous 'rated m' card at the beginning

Spider-Vice

Well it is an advertisement for an M rated game. :yee:

DenjiChainsawman
1 hour ago, The_Ghost said:

Yea me either lmao 😂

8 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

Well it is an advertisement for an M rated game. :yee:

Wasn't GTA Online not rated?

• excuseme 1

47 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

It needs to get way more deeper. There are for example hotels in this game, right? They need to have a purpose in this world. How about all these different types of cars? It should also be meaningful, it shouldn't be just "label". How about electricity? It's very important in our world, in GTA series it's just there for the sake of being there. I could go on and on for hours.

The_Ghost
17 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

One of the receptionists in the Agency makes a reference to OG Loc (he describes a person just like him) visiting and asking frantically about Franklin iirc. I have a feeling R* might be doing away with the whole "universes" thing.

I was thinking the same thing with the Trilogy now being "HD".

22 minutes ago, Finn_E said:

Psj5BJ9.jpeg

this is criminal from rockstar...

a trailer for the short trip missions a few days after they announce gta 6 with their famous 'rated m' card at the beginning

Spoiler

"You always have to be willing to be fresh. You always have to be willing to bring consumers what they want," Zelnick said, before adding "the minute you try to protect the past, you become irrelevant."

Sure, sure...

Edited by Kris194

1 hour ago, The_Ghost said:

That's exactly what it is. Just because they mentioned it doesn't suddenly make it a part of the same universe, it was a cheeky reference by R* to the old days, that's all. 

Point being, doing more stuff like this in the future isn't far fetched either but I don't think we'll ever physically see someone from the 3D universe appear in the HD universe and beyond. They're still two separate universes, no matter how many references and easter eggs we get thrown at us.

Edited by Rvfae

36 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

OG Loc was referenced in GTA V, in Franklins bedroom. I take these as little more than cool references, rather than universe merging, or whatever. Or like I said yesterday, call it a GTA multiverse. Same character, different version of him.

• Like 2
  • Best Bru 1

DenjiChainsawman
1 hour ago, Zenkey94 said:

Here's hoping that R* gives us a property to own that allows us to play music from our own playlist in freeroam like a pirate radio of sorts.

Yea that be awesome! 

3 hours ago, Bernas69 said:

Who thinks they'll start teasing the next GTA on E&E "new online"? 

After seeing some of the job positions' at R* a while ago, I was getting a feeling they'll probably announce GTA "VI" with some type of event like they do on Warzone and Fortnite and suff.

We're more likely to get GTAV story DLC than this ever happening 

GRANDHEIST

Hope they don't go Disney Star Wars route that they start bringing back OG characters cause they dont have any new ideas

• Like 2

DenjiChainsawman
5 minutes ago, Rvfae said:

Tbh I don’t think that’s likely 

Edited by DenjiChainsawman
Error

Spider-Vice
5 minutes ago, Rvfae said:

I wouldn't be so sure, social spaces like The Music Locker and Cayo Perico are perfect for this kind of thing... ;)

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Lol the trilogy being updated to "look" modern doesn't suddenly mean it's entered the HD universe. The two universes were separated for more reasons than just their definitions when they first launched.

DenjiChainsawman
30 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

I thought the same thing too lol 😂

4 hours ago, Bernas69 said:

Who thinks they'll start teasing the next GTA on E&E "new online"? 

After seeing some of the job positions' at R* a while ago, I was getting a feeling they'll probably announce GTA "VI" with some type of event like they do on Warzone and Fortnite and suff.

That would be like spitting in the face of all SP only fans. Personally I couldn't care less about GTAO and so do tens of millions of GTA series fans.

Edited by Kris194
  • Best Bru 1

2 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

I wouldn't be so sure, social spaces like The Music Locker and Cayo Perico are perfect for this kind of thing... ;)

Sure but I don't see R* going that route. They're too old fashioned when it comes to big game reveals and such and it's not like they need to deviate from that because it doesn't work for them.

The GTA 6 reveal will happen in March within GTA Online, and the game will come with VR support

spacer.png

• KEKW 1
  • Bonk! 2

1 hour ago, Finn_E said:

M is for Motherf*cker in this case :kekw:

35 minutes ago, Len Lfc said:

Same character, different version of him.

Yeah right

• Like 2

Not saying it is going to happen, beause none of us are able to say that right now, but the reboot theory makes total sense to me.

Making a direct sequel to one of the most successful entertainment products of all-time

is very impractical. Rebooting the franchise could aliviate them from most of the pressure of needing to equalize or even surpass GTA V. It could also offer a more viable route to perpetuate the next GTA Online for years and years to come.

To be honest, it's hard to see any disavantage if they choose the reboot direction.

Edited by Wolfman_
English.
  • Like 1
  • excuseme 1
  • Bruh 1

1 minute ago, Wolfman_ said:

Making a direct sequel to one of the most successful entertainment products of all-time

is very impractical. Rebooting the franchise could aliviate them from most of thr pressure of needing to equalize or even surpass GTA V. It could also offer a more viable route to perpetuate GTA Online for years and years to come.

This is precisely my reasoning as well. V and O turned out to be a massive success, more so than any other GTA or any R* game period. With O to be going well into the future, doing something different for the next mainline entry doesn't sound too far fetched, especially if it won't have an online component alongside it like IV and V did.

IzzyBlues

What's the point of rebooting the franchise if there's only going to be a game every 10+ years? :sadkek:

Ricardo 👨 | Kacey 👩‍🦰 | Rose 🌹 | GTA VI 🌴

Swamps 🏞️ | Mountains ⛰️

Just now, IzzyBlues said:

What's the point of rebooting the franchise if there's only going to be a game every 10+ years? :sadkek:

You just answered your own question 💀

IzzyBlues
Just now, Rvfae said:

You just answered your own question 💀

:sadkek:

• KEKW 2

Ricardo 👨 | Kacey 👩‍🦰 | Rose 🌹 | GTA VI 🌴

Swamps 🏞️ | Mountains ⛰️

3 hours ago, Wolfman_ said:

is very impractical. Rebooting the franchise could aliviate them from most of thr pressure of needing to equalize or even surpass GTA V. It could also offer a more viable route to perpetuate GTA Online for years and years to come.

But isn't every new GTA in the HD era a soft reboot? It's not like we're playing as Niko in GTA V. Each GTA in the HD era is completely different stories that do not connect in any way, with a few exceptions, such as side characters. So whatever the new GTA is, it's going to be a completely new story with nothing to do with GTA V. Maybe there will be some references to V's characters and events, but it's a completely new story ergo soft reboot. It is simply "another part" of GTA only because of marketing and how strong the franchise is. 

As for OG Loc, or Franklin's reference to the events of Flint County, it's just a smirk at the fans. In addition, the Bugitive Edition premiered before The Contract. Just a nice reference to old Rockstar games.

Edited by vnvnvnvn