2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTA 6 Speculation & Discussion [Part 6]

Kirsty

It’s been a while since I wrote here, I have to say, I’ve finally got Rockstar out of my head, I’ve looked for something new, sports, series and movies, now I feel I can wait forever sense I have something new.

IzzyBlues
3 hours ago, Devdevi45 said:

I’m gonna believe Henderson someway somehow he got his concept arts right 

Henderson is a national treasure.

Ricardo 👨 | Kacey 👩‍🦰 | Rose 🌹 | GTA VI 🌴

Swamps 🏞️ | Mountains ⛰️

Newbeee
3 hours ago, Nawaf said:

It’s been a while since I wrote here, I have to say, I’ve finally got Rockstar out of my head, I’ve looked for something new, sports, series and movies, now I feel I can wait forever sense I have something new.

Sure. Thats why you're here

Edited by Newbeee
  • KEKW 2

Gentlebreeze

Wasn’t the next GTA already announced? Because it wasn’t titled? 

• Like 1

B_E_N_1992
11 hours ago, Len Lfc said:

Red Dead Redemption 2: Downgraded & Detachable

Red Dead Redemption II: Rehashed & Recalled edition. 

BakeWithMe1000
18 minutes ago, Gentlebreeze said:

Wasn’t the next GTA already announced? Because it wasn’t titled? 

More like damage control for the savereddeadonline movement. Were still waiting for the official game announcement

• Bruh 1

Short Dawg
1 hour ago, BakeWithMe1000 said:

More like damage control for the savereddeadonline movement. Were still waiting for the official game announcement

No one cares about about RDO other than the 10 people who kept spamming it 😂😅😂 if it really was damage control then why the game still hasn’t been updated??? Let’s pretend to have common sense here lol 

• Bruh 1
  • KEKW 1

BakeWithMe1000
7 minutes ago, Short Dawg said:

No one cares about about RDO other than the 10 people who kept spamming it 😂😅😂 if it really was damage control then why the game still hasn’t been updated??? Let’s pretend to have common sense here lol 

Cuz they wanted people to move on and get on the gta6 hype. Idk why rockstar could be just honest and explain the current state of red dead

Spider-Vice

Because if the game is truly dead internally, these kinds of things aren't easy to announce especially if the game still sells. They are still a business after all - while the devs might defend the same thing and would prefer that the marketing and PR folks were honest about it (if the game is truly dead), the business side of things probably doesn't want to do that yet.

There is also a chance they could be developing a current-gen version of RDR2 and might release updates there, but I'm not sure about that. I suppose some things were just never meant to be and R* preferred to focus on the Story Mode (yes, I know, no DLC) for this project, leaving most of the Online focus for GTA, and other efforts for GTA VI.

This isn't the topic to go into detail about RDO tho.

• Like 1

image.pngut_dog.png   image.png

let your hopes and dreams turn into burning fire!

GTANet | Red Dead Network | kifflom 

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

Americana

Don't tell me people expect a remastered Red Dead Redemption II so soon. :modkek:

Spider-Vice
2 minutes ago, Americana said:

Don't tell me people expect a remastered Red Dead Redemption II so soon. :modkek:

"A current-gen version of RDR2" does not equal a "remastered RDR2". Sometimes it's better to just not post. :p 

Americana

I don't know anything about consoles, but can't you just play a PlayStation 4 version on PlayStation 5? :modkek:

Spider-Vice

You can via backwards compatibility but I'm sure current-gen console users would enjoy a 60 FPS patch of some sort along with some other improvements, IIRC backwards compatibility doesn't use the hardware fully?

I don't even mean an "E&E", just some sort of patch. They could still justify dropping support for the old consoles eventually if they were to continue updating RDO - but as I mentioned, I have my doubts.

• Like 2

Len Lfc
12 hours ago, Spider-Vice said:

Calling it right now, someone will attempt to use one of these images or manage to get into the DALL-E 2 waitlist to make a fake leak :kekw: 

I applied a few weeks ago. I doubt I'll get access, since it's hand picked. But, you never know. 

• Like 1
  • Realistic Steak! 1

GTA VI Timeline of Events

kt7d8sa.png

Tuesday, October 18th/25th 2022

🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴 

Jabalous

Imagine waiting for GTA 6 all this time and then when you play it, you finish it in the first week. Then what? Waiting for Redemption 3 for the next 6 years or so? Promise yourself to take almighty VI very slowly!! 

Len Lfc
2 minutes ago, Jabalous said:

Imagine waiting for GTA 6 all this time and then when you play it, you finish it in the first week. Then what? Waiting for Redemption 3 for the next 6 years or so? Promise yourself to take almighty VI very slowly!! 

That's somewhat close to me, after RDR2. Just a little different.

I beat RDR2 in about 3 weeks, 17 days for the story, 29 days for all the side stuff and such. Took a break throughout December & January, then came back here to speculate on GTA VI. Put simply, as much as I love Red Dead, it's always second to GTA. 

kt7d8sa.png

🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴 

DeltaV20
10 hours ago, Devdevi45 said:

I’m gonna believe Henderson someway somehow he got his concept arts right 

according to Timothy Hendersun bikini girl from gta v's loading screen wields an Ak-47 , drives a McLaren and is the protagonist of GTA VI... 

Edited by DeltaV20
/s
  • KEKW 1

Len Lfc
6 minutes ago, DeltaV20 said:

according to Timothy Hendersun bikini girl from gta v's loading screen wields an Ak-47 , drives a McLaren and is the protagonist of GTA VI... 

In all fairness, weather or not you trust or believe him. He was open about that art just being representative about what GTA VI is. Not leaked art of actual assets from the game or anything.

kt7d8sa.png

🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴 

Jabalous
14 minutes ago, Len Lfc said:

That's somewhat close to me, after RDR2. Just a little different.

I beat RDR2 in about 3 weeks, 17 days for the story, 29 days for all the side stuff and such. Took a break throughout December & January, then came back here to speculate on GTA VI. Put simply, as much as I love Red Dead, it's always second to GTA. 

I also took about 3 weeks for the story and a few more weeks for the other side contents (i.e. stranger stories, encounters), but didn't care about challenges and all the other 100% stuff. Still, I spent many hours in 2019 continuing to explore the world post the epilogue and absorbing all the beauty around, but 2020 and beyond I nearly dropped it completely. 1 year of just exploring post the story and side content is a testament to how good R*'s worlds are. I honestly cannot do that in other non-R* open worlds.

I only wish the well-crafted world of RDR2 was put more to use for additional story-driven content, whether it's single player or Online. I'd pay for it. Hopefully we see that happen for VI. Role-playing, grind-driven and story-less Online aren't interesting to me and I actually see it as a waste of time for most players unless they're capitalizing on it (i.e. it generates money for them on twitch/youtube).

Edited by Jabalous

Len Lfc

I actually didn't 100% RDR2 until March 6th 2019. But I also can't play one game for too long at a time, so I did have to revisit after a few months, to complete it. I couldn't even play it in 2020, because my Xbox One X overheated every time I booted the game up. I think the thermal paste died on it.

kt7d8sa.png

🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴 

32 minutes ago, Jabalous said:

Well, looking at my PSN trophies, I took 9 days to complete RDR2's story and got 100% in just 31 days :jkek:, all that back in 2018 :sadkek:. Kept on playing and ended up with the platinum in early 2020. Total playtime till date-  ~900 hours, RDO included. And I ain't gonna think about finishing VI in anytime less than... ehh, 6 months, 100% be damned.

Short Dawg
48 minutes ago, Jabalous said:

Well honestly most of the community will jump straight into the online side after they complete the story anyway while a few people are gonna spam “GTA 7 When???” About a week after launch lol

arisfelbonilla
1 hour ago, Americana said:

I don't know anything about consoles, but can't you just play a PlayStation 4 version on PlayStation 5? :modkek:

well many people expect a patch of 60 fps for red dead many games have it but what about red dead?
It already depends on R itself if it is capable of doing it and also doing it for free (an unlikely thing knowing them xD)

25 minutes ago, Short Dawg said:

Well honestly most of the community will jump straight into the online side after they complete the story anyway while a few people are gonna spam “GTA 7 When???” About a week after launch lol

The rockstar herself will wonder why bother to make a new game and a new story if in the end they complete it at 10 percent
and it is the reason why they focus on online xD
so blame
it belongs to the people 

CommanderBlack

I hope that i don't have to restart many times to get 100% in Gta VI, like in Gta IV

Americana

Imagine waiting for GTA 6 all this time and then when you play it, you finish it in the first week. Then what?

Speedrun it, baby - and make money! :shillkek:

Edited by Americana

Short Dawg
21 minutes ago, arisfelbonilla said:

well many people expect a patch of 60 fps for red dead many games have it but what about red dead?
It already depends on R itself if it is capable of doing it and also doing it for free (an unlikely thing knowing them xD)

The rockstar herself will wonder why bother to make a new game and a new story if in the end they complete it at 10 percent
so blame
it belongs to the people 

I guess??? 🤷🏾‍♂️🤣😂🤣

25 minutes ago, arisfelbonilla said:

so blame
it belongs to the people 

Absolutely terrible logic. Most people never finish any game regardless, especially open world games where you can spend hours and hours without even bothering with the main story. Rockstar's concern is to make a good game that'll receive positive critical and audience reception at launch, so basically enticing people to buy it. Whether those people finish that game or not is not their concern. Online most likely won't come at launch anyway, so the single player will have to do the heavy lifting.

What you're saying is more appropriate for single player DLCs. Since most people do not finish the main game, the target audience for such DLCs is significantly smaller than a brand new game. So, enter GTA Online. That'll keep players hooked long after the initial release. This is the principal reason why we will never see any actual single player DLC from Rockstar ever again. But as for the single player campaign itself, Rockstar knows very well that's what generates record breaking revenue at launch and also acts as a base for the online updates to come, so they'll never spare any expense in making those anytime soon.

• Like 2
  • Best Bru 1

Space Cowboy
1 hour ago, Zapper said:

Absolutely terrible logic. Most people never finish any game regardless, especially open world games where you can spend hours and hours without even bothering with the main story. Rockstar's concern is to make a good game that'll receive positive critical and audience reception at launch, so basically enticing people to buy it. Whether those people finish that game or not is not their concern. Online most likely won't come at launch anyway, so the single player will have to do the heavy lifting.

Exactly. I'd add that this argument about how gamers don't actually finish the games have been a point of conversation since at least early 2010s, particularly in regards to RDR1, among other games. Yet, Rockstar decided to expand the sequel moreless to a scale of a GTA game (in terms of content it exceeds any GTA). Hell, look at Ubisoft games. There have been complaints about AC games being too long for years, and yet not much has changed. And I recall Ubisoft saying that Valhalla would be shorter than previous games, but it doesn't seem to be much different in terms of length from what I've been hearing.

Not to mention that completion rate in GTA V, for example, is completely skewed if you want to look at achievements/trophies. A lot of people who bought the game again on PS4/Xbox One/PC after coming from PS3 or X360 barely touched the story mode.

There are some games with fairly impressive completion rates (over/at around 50%) - like God of War or TLOU2, but rather than looking at length (which does influence the completion rate somewhat) I would say it depends more on the pacing, and overall accessibility. E.g. God of War has difficulty options, so you can make the game pretty easy, if you want.