3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTA 6 Speculation & Discussion [Part 6]

Kirsty

3 hours ago, deadasdisco said:

I found this and actually another user did somewhat a  couple of years ago, and these morons and news sites just repost without credit. Why would I be salty it's just job listings? True but they literally copied everything I wrote on Resetera with some minor changes and I went the extra step further to find accurate beginnings of development. Idle Sloth was the first. Happens with everything I do, never any credit. This particular instance it doesn't matter to much but it's annoying when they literally just copy everything word for word and then use these twitter hacks who do the same thing to boost followers as references. 

Damn that sucks but that’s how it is with the video game community. People will just take your sh*t and say that it’s theirs I remember years ago  posted on a wishlist thread for MLB the show and some YouTuber copied my list word for word. Bruh a wishlist thread that the devs don’t even read like bruh…bruh_optimised.gif

The gaming community not giving credit is like hopping the turnstile at the train station tons of people do it and when they do get caught they don’t care and go out and do it again. Not much we can do ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Being part of the video gaming community is like riding public transportation :sadkek:

Edited by Zello

1 hour ago, babydracula said:

I'd be very surprised if the new game isn't called GTA VI, if it gets any other title then I assume they're going for something so ambitious that it's completely different from the GTA we're used to. I bet the pre-announcement was just to get peoples hopes up that GTA VI is coming and that the V era is slowly coming to an end (thank f*cking god)

I don't think they'll go with VI, it's just too predictable at this point. I think they'll reboot the franchise and just call it GTA or GTA: something rather than more numerals. I could be wrong but this is what I think.

Tbh it's been more GTAO than V if anything and that'll keep going for years. The "V era" died ages ago and only temporarily arrives every time a new version of this game comes out and then slowly dies out again after a few weeks once people get back to GTAO.

babydracula
1 minute ago, Rvfae said:

I don't think they'll go with VI, it's just too predictable at this point. I think they'll reboot the franchise and just call it GTA or GTA: something rather than more numerals. I could be wrong but this is what I think.

Tbh it's been more GTAO than V if anything and that'll keep going for years. The "V era" died ages ago and only temporarily arrives every time a new version of this game comes out and then slowly dies out again after a few weeks once people get back to GTAO.

It's predictable but widely known. If they do the reboot thing, I expect we'll have something that goes in such a different direction, it barely resembles previous titles. But if they continue to just build on what they've already done, then I'd be shocked if it was anything other than VI.

I call it the V era including Online in that. I feel like it's definitely dead in a lot of people's eyes but certainly not Rockstar's.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, babydracula said:

It's predictable but widely known. If they do the reboot thing, I expect we'll have something that goes in such a different direction, it barely resembles previous titles. But if they continue to just build on what they've already done, then I'd be shocked if it was anything other than VI.

That's why I don't think they'll go with VI, they'll do something completely new with the franchise after the behemoths that V and O unexpectedly turned out to be. It's a different, unprecedented case this time around.

I don't think the franchise needs a reboot, wouldn't that indicate they think everyone is tired of the current format of how Rockstar approaches open worlds? Based on the reception of the announcement, and the longevity of GTAO, we're far from that for a good while yet. 

I could be wrong of course, as I do think they could reset the style a bit, like they did with IV. Go beyond what RDR2 achieved in terms of scale and detail, but return to a more serious tone with a darker or more emotional story. Obviously the surrounding world can keep the satire.

fib_ufo_small.png

3 hours ago, ItzVast1000 said:

Rockstar finally fully announces GTA VI and says "We are very proud to say GTA VI is in full development, Being Published by Rockstar Games and being developed by Grove Street Games.......🤣🤣🤣

Mass suicides would happen 😂

• Like 1
  • KEKW 2

jonnhy_xv

Maybe start a new universe like they did with gta iv . 2d , 3d , hd and now 4k universe 

Edited by jonnhy_xv

MrBreak16

Someone told me that the revolutionary element of GTA VI was going to be a female protagonist.

lol

I hope they call it Grand Theft Auto: Vice 

The V and i lowkey indicating the sixth main entry of the series without resorting to the game being called GTA VI.

🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, MrBreak16 said:

Someone told me that the revolutionary element of GTA VI was going to be a female protagonist.

lol

Why is that so funny 

Edited by Rvfae
  • Like 2
  • Bruh 1

MrBreak16
6 minutes ago, jonnhy_xv said:

if they do a female protagonist please make her a badass and not a hacker . 

She would probably be like Saddie Adler in RDR2. Wouldn't bother me

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, MrBreak16 said:

She would probably be like Saddie Adler in RDR2. Wouldn't bother me

I hope it's a mix of Sadie Adler and Catalina, the mid 2020's version 

👀🍿

59 minutes ago, Kirsty said:

I don't think the franchise needs a reboot, wouldn't that indicate they think everyone is tired of the current format of how Rockstar approaches open worlds? Based on the reception of the announcement, and the longevity of GTAO, we're far from that for a good while yet. 

I could be wrong of course, as I do think they could reset the style a bit, like they did with IV. Go beyond what RDR2 achieved in terms of scale and detail, but return to a more serious tone with a darker or more emotional story. Obviously the surrounding world can keep the satire.

I hope they don't reboot it as messed up as GTAO has made the HD Universe timeline I don't want to experience a new universe :sadkek:

I'm too attached to the IV era characters and having them all gone would be disappointing especially since we've only had TWO games in the HD universe.

3 minutes ago, Zello said:

I hope they don't reboot it as messed up as GTAO has made the HD Universe timeline I don't want to experience a new universe :sadkek:

I'm too attached to the IV era characters and having them all gone would be disappointing especially since we've only had TWO games in the HD universe.

I think  they will stick with HD tbh I really don't see them changing it ever again 

I need that HD era period piece 70s/80s/90s

Edited by Zello

Edward RDRIII

About the universes thing, I think Rockstar may be rethinking the 3D Era separated from the HD Era thing, especially now after The Contract update and after Dan Houser left, so don't be surprised if you see Tommy Vercetti in Vice City again in a near future.

Peteryeeter

God I'm so tired of gta 5, i hate how long it's been a thing and i sincerely hope it starts losing money so it can finally get some rest. 

11 minutes ago, Dudu RDRII said:

About the universes thing, I think Rockstar may be rethinking the 3D Era separated from the HD Era thing, especially now after The Contract update and after Dan Houser left, so don't be surprised if you see Tommy Vercetti in Vice City again in a near future.

Where in the contract did we physically see anyone from the 3D universe? Both V and O are set in the same HD universe 

Edited by Rvfae

Edward RDRIII
5 minutes ago, Rvfae said:

Where in the contract did we physically see anyone from the 3D universe? Both V and O are set in the same HD universe 

Characters and events from GTA San Andreas are mentioned in The Contract update, I didn't say they physically appeared on it, so that's on you.

13 minutes ago, Peteryeeter said:

God I'm so tired of gta 5, i hate how long it's been a thing and i sincerely hope it starts losing money so it can finally get some rest. 

Same I hate that whenever I try to talk about GTA with people they only wanna talk about GTA V or online and never about the old games.

Edited by Zello

Just now, Dudu RDRII said:

Characters and events from GTA San Andreas are mentioned in The Contract update, I didn't say they physically appeared on it, so that's on you.

We got plenty of references to the 3D universe in the HD universe games, including IV, that doesn't mean anything 😂

Least of all that they're not separate universes anymore. Only way you're seeing anyone from past universes in the HD universe and beyond is via easter eggs or something similar 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dudu RDRII said:

Can you tell me what they were? Because I haven't played online in a while and I kinda don't want to get back into it even if The contract is good :sadkek:

Edited by Zello

Edward RDRIII
1 minute ago, Rvfae said:

We got plenty of references to the 3D universe in the HD universe games, including IV, that doesn't mean anything 😂

Least of all that they're not separate universes anymore. Only way you're seeing anyone from past universes in the HD universe and beyond is via easter eggs or something similar 

Alright lord, your words are a bible, it's such a pleasure to be enlighted by your unconditional truths.

3 minutes ago, Zello said:

Can you tell me what they were? Because I haven't played online in a while and I kinda don't want to get back into it even if The contract is good :sadkek:

OG Loc and Madd Dogg off the top of my head 😂

Also that mission where you burn the fields of weed for The Truth in San Andreas, it gets mentioned in one of the Short Trip missions with Franklin & Lamar.

2 minutes ago, Dudu RDRII said:

Alright lord, your words are a bible, it's such a pleasure to be enlighted by your unconditional truths.

You're the one spreading inaccuracy, not me 😂

Edited by Rvfae

Edward RDRIII
1 minute ago, Zello said:

You can see them throughout this video:

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Tez2 said:

I don't. My post was both an educated guess and based on an inside bit that Rockstar's internal deadline, months ago, was (or still is) a Fall 2023 release. Rockstar announces a new major title the year before the planned deadline.

GTAV & RDR2 had their debut trailer revealed a few days after announcement. If we are lucky, we could see the trailer this month. But Rockstar lately has only been making announcements prior to T2 earnings calls. Safe to say we could expect more updates in May.

I can imagine what gaming websites and clickbait youtubers will make this😁

MrBossFTW - THIS IS HUGE! GTA 6 TRAILER  CONFIRMED,Insider Speaks & More

7 hours ago, Spleeefy said:

I unfollowed that guy he blocked me because I called him a liar.

I dont mind GTA 6 News and Leaks accounts but him he just posts 4chan stuff and he twists the story.

He just like fox news and cnn (please dont get politcial lol)

👍 great

Edited by Gta6 fan

1 hour ago, Rvfae said:

Lazlow although he doesn't appear in the 3d games he is in them as a voice and makes his grand appearance in 5 (just realized you said the contract I'm a dumbass)

Edited by zxnd

13 hours ago, FannoF said:

Imagine if R* just posts this to their socials

describes my feelings pretty well ngl 

They kinda' did, back in 2013