PC version keeps losing progress

esbe
Go to solution Solved by ant_sh,

I'm sure I saw a topic about this recently but I can't find it right now.

I'm playing through the levels, I'll go to the safe house to save it, wait for that to finish, then quit the game. Sometimes it is fine but I've had several times now where it effectively rolls back my progress and means I have to re-do two or three of the missions again. I've tried using alternating slots when saving (Something I tend to do anywhere) but it's not making a difference. Also, the time stamp regularly will have the same date/time even though I know they shouldn't be.

Any thoughts, please? If you need to know more info, just let me know. I just tried to find version number but not sure where to find that.

Thank you.

• Solution

If you are running latest Complete Edition then it is most likely a Rockstar's launcher/social club issue. Disable cloud saves and check for your manual saves in %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\Profiles\{YOUR USER ID HERE} local savegame folder.

On 1/29/2022 at 12:19 PM, ant_sh said:

If you are running latest Complete Edition then it is most likely a Rockstar's launcher/social club issue. Disable cloud saves and check for your manual saves in %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\Profiles\{YOUR USER ID HERE} local savegame folder.

I tried what you suggested and it hasn't had the problem since. I think you solved it 🙂. Many thanks!

Edited by esbe

I suggest to open a ticket in rockstar support, i think that other GTA have the same problem (GTA Trilogy DE for example)