3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

Genshin Impact (PC, Mobile, PS4, PS5)

Tails Prower

On 11/28/2022 at 1:55 AM, LeeC22 said:

I think this might just be the stopping point for this third account then. I didn't enjoy most of the Inazuma world/archon quests that much, some of them felt more like hangouts... which I can't stand. I don't think I can take Ayaka's gushing over the MC again either, twice is enough. I think I will just log in to do the dailies and any events that are available (maybe BP stuff too), just to keep the account active for any co-op reasons. Perhaps this is just one account too many, with too much content to take it through. I have just started No Man's Sky again so that can fill any dry spells during the day. Plus the 3.3 patch isn't far off.

Fair enough! To be fair the Inazuma quest was a bit long in my opinion and whilst I understand the devitations along the way with the story I can understand you not wanting to go back to it again.

You'll have to forgive my ignorance but what's the Ayaka gushing over the MC again? I really must have not been paying attention or I just wasn't phased by that scene but if it annoys you don't feel the need to reply.

Two accounts is more than plenty I would say, I have the 'test' 3rd account  for stuff but I use that to sort of get ideas for builds on my main account so it seems a sensible call.

I also have one little 'gripe' but did we really have to play Childe's story just for that one random encounter in Chinjuu Forest where he meets Yoimiya? it feels like that was a totally unnecessary restriction placed on the event or are there other character interactions in the event that I missed as I didn't see any other characters around the photo spots?

I did get a nice shot of both my accounts Yoimiya's with the NPC Yoimiya though! I'll share it shortly!

Edited by Tails Prower

8 minutes ago, Tails Prower said:

You'll have to forgive my ignorance but what's the Ayaka gushing over the MC again? I really must have not been paying attention or I just wasn't phased by that scene but if it annoys you don't feel the need to reply.

It's the story quest you do that is all about Ayaka's mother and the notebook she left behind. I did it again this afternoon and it's just a constant barrage of Ayaka and the MC doting over each other and telling each other how great they are etc... I had forgotten how much the MC does it as well. I just sat there spamming the skip button to get past it but you know how this game can be with some dialogue being forced slow when they really want you to read something.

This kind of story doesn't bother normal people, which is probably why it didn't leave an impression on you. But if you've rejected the concept of "friends" and "wholesome" like I have, it just pushes all the wrong buttons. I was actually trying to avoid it but it's one of those quests that triggers all over the place if you walk anywhere within 100 yards of where they want you to be, even if you're in the middle of another quest... so I just did it to get rid of it.

44 minutes ago, Tails Prower said:

I also have one little 'gripe' but did we really have to play Childe's story just for that one random encounter in Chinjuu Forest where he meets Yoimiya? it feels like that was a totally unnecessary restriction placed on the event or are there other character interactions in the event that I missed as I didn't see any other characters around the photo spots?

Was Childe's story quest a restriction on that event? I couldn't start it because I hadn't done Ritou Escape Plan and haven't checked what other things it added after finishing that. I really didn't get his involvement with that story, it just seemed like an excuse to shoe-horn him into an event while his banner was running.

Anyway, I am going to try and avoid communication for a good while. This time of year generally makes me even more angry than I normally am and I can see it's already bleeding into my comments on here. I no longer acknowledge the real-world "events" in this month but I'm not the norm with that view. Recluse + December = Not a good combination.

• Like 1

On 11/29/2022 at 6:27 PM, LeeC22 said:

Anyway, I am going to try and avoid communication for a good while. This time of year generally makes me even more angry than I normally am and I can see it's already bleeding into my comments on here. I no longer acknowledge the real-world "events" in this month but I'm not the norm with that view. Recluse + December = Not a good combination.

Yeah it was a requirement.

That is fair enough, well feel free to come back to the topic after this month is over. 

Enjoy the update when it comes, hopefully it will be a good time filler!

Well even though the topic is gonna be quiet here's my 3.3 Day 1 update.

So far I love the QOL changes ewith the map and interface/inventory, makes things much clearer, the new trading card game is indeed fun though I don't think I'll progress that too quickly and keep it as a side product on the progress when I can list.

The characters, well as I suspected Wanderer proved to be a bit of a 'meh' in his trial, I really dislike the spam the button for the aerial charged attack as I thought might bee the case so he's a pass for me.

Faruzan on the other hand is truly excellent for a 4 star, even though they deem her to be an Anemo support I can safetly report she can be a main DPS, the damage numbers in the test run were really good though I have to do some further play testing.

Wishes - well the main account used two 10 pulls which takes me to 69 (LOL), no five star but sadly no Faruzan so based on what happened on the FTP account that one is now in 'limbo' because I have to save all the primogems for Raiden and now acquire Engulfing Lightning as I know the next 10 pull will be the five star guarantee.

On the FTP account I pulled Faruzan on the 1st wish of a 10 pull but it did it again and gave me numero 'uno' Arataki Itto at the end of that 10 pull so now I have a C1 Itto whose gathering dust! LOL!

I got a second Faruzan on my 2nd 10 pull but then  I stopped soI am gonna get the primo's from the next 21 days and then on the last hours try for C2 and hopefully might get a bonus C3/C4 if lucky.

Was hoping one account would pull Ayato and the other Raiden but now I think what I'll do is just try and be in a good FTP place for hopefully Hu-Tao weapon in 3.4 as I don't really need Ayato thanks to Yelan being broken good.

So that's it for today, I'll be hopefully finishing Faruzan on the weekend so I will see what numbers she pulls with a full Emblem set.

Just thought I would drop by seeing as it is update day.

5 hours ago, Tails Prower said:

So far I love the QOL changes ewith the map and interface/inventory, makes things much clearer, the new trading card game is indeed fun though I don't think I'll progress that too quickly and keep it as a side product on the progress when I can list.

I must have completely missed those changes, will have to read the patch notes to see what they are. TCG... by the time I had finished the tutorial I was so confused I probably won't play it again. Or maybe doing it again on my other accounts will make things clearer, I shall see at some point.

5 hours ago, Tails Prower said:

The characters, well as I suspected Wanderer proved to be a bit of a 'meh' in his trial, I really dislike the spam the button for the aerial charged attack as I thought might bee the case so he's a pass for me.

Yeah, you said that you probably wouldn't like him so it was a good call on that front. I kinda like his playstyle, his appearance is okay but his character screen idle animations are pretty annoying with the strange noises and tongue-pulling.

6 hours ago, Tails Prower said:

Faruzan on the other hand is truly excellent for a 4 star, even though they deem her to be an Anemo support I can safetly report she can be a main DPS, the damage numbers in the test run were really good though I have to do some further play testing.

Did you manage to pull her or have you been trying her just in the test-run? I forgot to check what gear they gave her in there.

Wishes wise, I dropped 30 pulls on the main account, won the 50/50 in the second 10 (so that was annoyingly at around 85 pity as I started at 70) but only got Yanfei, Gorou and a weapon for the 4*. Decided to throw some at the weapon banner after my second account rolls as both weapons seemed decent and got the catalyst.

Dropped 30 on my second account and got Faruzan in the 3rd 10 so decided to stop there. Still have guarantee but didn't want the same characters on both accounts so chose to avoid the 5*. Got Gorou on here as well so that's my full elemental archer set on both accounts but with a slightly different lineup. Getting Faruzan is why I went for the weapon banner on my main so I wouldn't end up with Faruzan on both. She has inherited the unused Polar Star which might not be good for her but it looks good. Got her boss mats wrong and wasted 40 resin on the Ruin Drake instead of the ASIMON boss. She's wearing a very bad Troupe artifact set as Kazuha has got the only decent VV set. I did try the VV domain with Venti on my main and he breezed it but my second account struggles with it... although not sure if I have tried it since getting Kazuha. The Fatui Agent and the Cicin Mage are the problems in there.

My third account is on weapons banner only and that account is just going insane. Set the path for Redhorn for Noelle, dropped the cataclyst in the first 10 and then got Redhorn and a Xiangling con around 60 pulls later. It's bizarre that it has been a catalyst per banner so far... and they're all still unused at level 1. Have to wait for Friday for Redhorn ascension mats. Just started the dreaded Tatara Tales on there after finally getting the Chasm finished.

Update day is a good distraction which is why I thought I would post something before reality is back tomorrow.

11 hours ago, LeeC22 said:

Did you manage to pull her or have you been trying her just in the test-run? I forgot to check what gear they gave her in there.

Update day is a good distraction which is why I thought I would post something before reality is back tomorrow.

Fair enough, I'll make this quick then but yeah I got Faruzan twice on my FTP account so the plan is one more constellation to at least get C2 this time then I'll wait for her next rate up to finish.

She's running 2 pce VV and 2 pc Gladiator in the Test Run which is probably about the worst combo you can put on her at C0, I tested that with my own pieces and I get more result of out of her through 4 piece Emblem, perhaps she will get better with other sets when  the better constilllations are obtained, I'll let you know.

This is still not official but you should probably expect to be saving your primogems for 3.5 now as there has been no 'drip' marketing this week, people are insisting it's just delayed but Genshin always schedule their posts meticulously for the same day and time every time so the fact we are now on Thursday and there's no drip marketing leads me to believe it's all reruns in 3.4 which is good for me to recover, if they do announce somebody I'll be skipping anyway so it's fine.

Edited by Tails Prower

On 12/8/2022 at 12:18 PM, Tails Prower said:

She's running 2 pce VV and 2 pc Gladiator in the Test Run which is probably about the worst combo you can put on her at C0, I tested that with my own pieces and I get more result of out of her through 4 piece Emblem, perhaps she will get better with other sets when  the better constilllations are obtained, I'll let you know.

Calmish day here so I decided to spend some time with her and some artifacts. Spotted a decent Noblesse Anemo DMG goblet on Heizou so she got that. Switched in a Noblesse feather and found an okay Glad sands so she's now on 2pc Troupe, 2 PC Noblesse. ATK around 1,900 and ER around 170% , that's at lvl80 which is max for that account, so she can at least hold her own in the team now. Running her with Yanfei, Nilou and Layla and it's a good fun team with enough vulnerabilities to make it interesting to play. Talents are only 4/5/4 until tomorrow but I did pull another con today with some risky pulls.

I notice the drip finally dropped with some easy-pass characters in it.

3 hours ago, LeeC22 said:

Calmish day here so I decided to spend some time with her and some artifacts. Spotted a decent Noblesse Anemo DMG goblet on Heizou so she got that. Switched in a Noblesse feather and found an okay Glad sands so she's now on 2pc Troupe, 2 PC Noblesse. ATK around 1,900 and ER around 170% , that's at lvl80 which is max for that account, so she can at least hold her own in the team now. Running her with Yanfei, Nilou and Layla and it's a good fun team with enough vulnerabilities to make it interesting to play. Talents are only 4/5/4 until tomorrow but I did pull another con today with some risky pulls.

I notice the drip finally dropped with some easy-pass characters in it.

Yup! Easy skips for me too since I don't trust Alhaitham in the slightest so  like Taratagalia and Wanderer he will forever be unobtained!

Good stats I would say there, glad she's working out, my Faruzan should be mostly finished tonight, just need Scaramouche to cooperate with the Level 7/8 Talent drops...

Noticed today that the BP now only has talent books for Inazuma and Sumeru. I don't quite understand the logic behind that because the people struggling to get talent books are new players with the starter characters at low levels. Especially as 3 of the Monstadt starter characters use the same books.

As for the new characters, I noticed Faruzan was missing 4 levels on a couple of artifacts so that pushed her stats a bit higher. Glad I got her C1 because the double charged shot after using her skill is nice to have. Wanderer is proving to be really good to play, even with my crappy build... I mean I have an ATK% circlet with 3 flat stats (one of which is DEF of course), so he really is equipped with absolute junk. They're all only lvl12 as well but it feels like a waste of resources leveling up junk. I think his weapon is helping though, so I am glad I got that. Mid-air activation of his skill would have been nice but at the same time I don't think that's any different to Venti's skill. That being said I didn't use Venti's skill in Hold-Mode so I don't know if he could activate it mid-air. His CN VA is really good, so away from his idle stuff the ambient chatter and sounds are great. I do like the VAs in CN dub though despite not being able to understand them. I also think I made a good choice to not pull both characters on both accounts, because both accounts feel very different to play right now so that's helping to keep things a bit varied.

Upgrading Redhorn is proving to be frustrating on Acc 3 because it uses Riffhound claws and I only have access to the three Riffhounds in Wolvendom. I have bought out the shop stock but I am still stuck at lvl60. I notice Kagura's Verity uses them as well. I did try to get to the Riffhounds in Sumeru but they are in withering zones, so I will give them a miss for now. Tsurumi Island quest isn't available yet either, not sure what unlocks that. Tatara Tales finale today on Acc 3, not my favourite quest mission by a long way but at least I will be able to get those Oculus in the furnace when it is done.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, LeeC22 said:

Noticed today that the BP now only has talent books for Inazuma and Sumeru. I don't quite understand the logic behind that because the people struggling to get talent books are new players with the starter characters at low levels. Especially as 3 of the Monstadt starter characters use the same books.

As for the new characters, I noticed Faruzan was missing 4 levels on a couple of artifacts so that pushed her stats a bit higher. Glad I got her C1 because the double charged shot after using her skill is nice to have. Wanderer is proving to be really good to play, even with my crappy build... I mean I have an ATK% circlet with 3 flat stats (one of which is DEF of course), so he really is equipped with absolute junk. They're all only lvl12 as well but it feels like a waste of resources leveling up junk. I think his weapon is helping though, so I am glad I got that. Mid-air activation of his skill would have been nice but at the same time I don't think that's any different to Venti's skill. That being said I didn't use Venti's skill in Hold-Mode so I don't know if he could activate it mid-air. His CN VA is really good, so away from his idle stuff the ambient chatter and sounds are great. I do like the VAs in CN dub though despite not being able to understand them. I also think I made a good choice to not pull both characters on both accounts, because both accounts feel very different to play right now so that's helping to keep things a bit varied.

Upgrading Redhorn is proving to be frustrating on Acc 3 because it uses Riffhound claws and I only have access to the three Riffhounds in Wolvendom. I have bought out the shop stock but I am still stuck at lvl60. I notice Kagura's Verity uses them as well. I did try to get to the Riffhounds in Sumeru but they are in withering zones, so I will give them a miss for now. Tsurumi Island quest isn't available yet either, not sure what unlocks that. Tatara Tales finale today on Acc 3, not my favourite quest mission by a long way but at least I will be able to get those Oculus in the furnace when it is done.

\Policy decision that it is time to give the newer talent books/artefact sets more drop opportunties in that the amount of people levelling Mondstadt characters overall has dropped compared to those levelling Inazuma and Sumeru characters.

Not sure reagrding the skills for Wanderer, he seems to have a few bugs so possibly once those are fixed you might notice chasnges in the mid air skill activation stuff.

Serai Stormchasers needs to be completed to go to the 'foggy isles' which of course means you end up fighting Thunder Manifestation just keep that in mind!

4 hours ago, Tails Prower said:

\Policy decision that it is time to give the newer talent books/artefact sets more drop opportunties in that the amount of people levelling Mondstadt characters overall has dropped compared to those levelling Inazuma and Sumeru characters.

Yeah, I can understand that I guess... I only really noticed it because even using a condensed resin you still only get 2 silver books in the 2nd level domain. Kinda hits harder when you're leveling three characters at the same time and they want 9 silver books per talent to get them from 5 to 6.

Not sure reagrding the skills for Wanderer, he seems to have a few bugs so possibly once those are fixed you might notice chasnges in the mid air skill activation stuff.

I don't mind if it doesn't change to be honest, it does make more sense to me that you'd need solid ground to launch from and given how far you can fly it's still a great exploration aid. I haven't noticed any bugs but I think these things affect people who are more into the rotation-critical stuff, so they notice it more. I tend to switch characters in and then keep them in for a while, so critical rotations don't really apply that much.

Serai Stormchasers needs to be completed to go to the 'foggy isles' which of course means you end up fighting Thunder Manifestation just keep that in mind!

Ah damn... I forgot about the Thunder Manifestation being involved. I was considering leaving Seirai Island with the active storm and Tsurumi with the red fog but I guess that's not possible. Thanks for the info.

Tatara Tales went quite smoothly in the end. When I first played it on my main account I had to do several tries, gave up and then did several tries again. Kaeya, Noelle, Lisa and Barbara this time made it through relatively unscathed. I remembered to keep Lisa's skill/burst well away from the contraption as well so I didn't kill it myself. Enkanomiya or Seirai Island next, both are among my top locations so it's a tough call. I don't mind the thunder boss but I hate the vishaps so that might decide it.

How's Faruzan working out for you by the way, did you get a decent build for her? I always mean to ask things like this but I seem to get caught up making me, me, me posts all the time... sorry about that. :blush:

Edited by LeeC22

9 minutes ago, LeeC22 said:

How's Faruzan working out for you by the way, did you get a decent build for her? I always mean to ask things like this but I seem to get caught up in the me, me, me posts all the time... sorry about that. :blush:

Yes I think I will have a decent build thank you! The probably right now is that FTP account has ZERO Mora so she is stuck at Lvl 70/Talent 6 at least until I complete this weeks's bounty's/serena pot money purchase etc/

The final build is gonna be Favonius Warbow (Lvl 90) and I am running a two piece VV/Emblem of Severted Fate set which is giving her 44pcnt CR 152pcnt CD and she has energy recharge of 202 pcnt so her burst is almost always up at C1 and her damage is average between about 5000 to 6000 anemo damage from the charged attack so all in all she's killing standard enemies pretty well! I have the talent books farmed to Lvl 8 and she can go to Lvl 90 at any time once I get the mora.

Btw I figured something out today that I am amazed I never noticed before but see when you do the wish banner 10 pull and you see the stars going across the sky, on a five star drop it's golden at the end of the animation, if it's purple your only going to get 4 star stuff, I can't believe I never noticed that before but looking back my wish drop video's it suddenly clicked today!

Edited by Tails Prower

6 minutes ago, Tails Prower said:

Yes I think I will have a decent build thank you! The probably right now is that FTP account has ZERO Mora so she is stuck at Lvl 70/Talent 6 at least until I complete this weeks's bounty's/serena pot money purchase etc/

The final build is gonna be Favonius Warbow (Lvl 90) and I am running a two piece VV/Emblem of Severted Fate set which is giving her 44pcnt CR 152pcnt CD and she has energy recharge of 202 pcnt so her burst is almost always up at C1 and her damage is average between about 5000 to 6000 anemo damage from the charged attack so all in all she's killing standard enemies pretty well! I have the talent books farmed to Lvl 8 and she can go to Lvl 90 at any time once I get the mora.

Nice! I don't think I have seen many EoSF artifacts, I will have to have a look what they offer. It's a pity there isn't an easy way to show character builds because I would be interested to see her fully built.

If only we could transfer gold... I farm yellow leylines for fun and friendship XP

11 minutes ago, Tails Prower said:

Btw I figured something out today that I am amazed I never noticed but see when you do the wish banner 10 pull and you see the stars going across the sky, on a five star drop it's golden at the end of the animation, if it's purple your only going to get 4 star stuff, I can't beleieve I never noticed that before but looking back my wish drop video's it suddenly clicked today!

Yep... waiting for that star to turn gold when you're pulling for 4* characters is like a game in itself. :D "Don't be gold, don't be gold..." was a common thought when my Faruzan pulls were happening.

I discovered something that might be of use for any future people reading this thread that get stuck with the Riffhound mats problem I had.

The area on Tsurumi island where the Wolflord boss is isn't covered by the fog. So if you boat over to Tsurumi Island and unlock the Statue, you can teleport over, pick up the waverider nearby and then go along the bottom edge of the map to get to the wolf boss. If you try to follow the edge of the island you will get lost in the fog and it will put you back where the statue is, so you have to stay along the bottom edge near the map boundary to avoid that.

Edit: Or you could just create a portable teleport... something I have only just remembered. 😞

Edit: Or you could just use the waypoint that is on that part of the island. Only I could unlock a waypoint, forget it exists and then use a boat to go back to the island. :blush:

There are 6 Riffhounds in that area (3 groups of 1 x large and 1 x small) which gets you a resonable amount of claws and unguis, even at low AR levels, which can be added to the ones from the wolvendom riffhounds. So I managed to get Redhorn to lvl70 and Kagura's Verity to 60 (need another trip or two to get it to 70). I am going to try Kagura on Lisa to see if it's better than Widsith.

Edit: Interesting QoL change has sneaked in at some point... On PC when you had multiple accounts, changing accounts caused a sliding-puzzle Captcha to happen but it's now gone. I could never work out what it was meant to protect against as Genshin isn't the kind of game you could bot to any extent but it not being there makes it a bit simpler to switch accounts.

Edited by LeeC22

Well I am baffled today. The whole of Inazuma has an AR requirement or AR30 (AFAIK), apart from seemingly the very final part of the Gendou Ringo quest that has a domain that only unlocks at AR40. That makes no sense seeing as Sumeru only requires AR35... and if part of that quest has that AR40 requirement, then it would have made more sense to AR lock the whole quest like they do with some of the earlier quests.

I know I could ascend but that defeats the idea of how I am playing this third account, which is to push as far as possible before being forced to ascend. If Sumeru isn't forcing that ascension, then I don't understand why a minor quest is.

Edit: Just noticed several story quests are locked behind AR40 including the ones for Raiden, so maybe they expect people to have ascended to play those. Still seems extreme for a side-quest though.

Finished Tsurumi Island main quest yesterday on acc 3, so it's timegating time again on there. Was tempted to leave the red fog but eventually chose to finish the quest. It kills the island's appeal but it unlocks other quests so... Once all that's done it's into Enkanomiya we go. I'm still using the starter 7 (probably should be 8 given how Collei is given out like Xiangling) and the standard banner decided to give me Keqing yesterday, would have preferred a 5* weapon to be honest. Back up to 70 fates for the weapon banner but I am not sure if this next banner has much value for the characters I am using.

Breakout event was pretty decent with an interesting story behind it. Free weapon will never be used but I refined it anyway, it can stay at lvl1. Next event is a pass but ToF just dropped an update so that can act as filler until the next Genshin patch, along with account 3's progression. Waifu collection made me spend money on there as well, not what I wanted to do but I wanted Lyra so I had to pay the (thankfully) low price of BP + Monthly pass to get enough pulls (same as Genshin's BP and Welkin). I just need brain distractions at this time of year, so any updates are useful for that.

Edited by LeeC22
  • Like 1

Well good to hear the 3rd account is progressing well, that is a new thing I have learnt about that world quest.

Some things in game like that just don't make a lot of sense but that's how it's been set so I guess we just have to leave that quest incomplete, bit annoying though.

Me TBH I am a bit annoyed at the moment, the current Spiral Abyss is just BRUH, I don't want to know how many times I tried Floor 12 but it's just the worst one ever.

Added to the fact with me having a very bad throat infection I have not been able to play much but I am slowly getting better so hopefully get to try the brick event and Windtrace this week but I know that is not your thing.

This is what I call my bad phase where even though I know my accounts are good game wants me to feel otherwise but I will leave the rant there.

On the positive side I got my C2 Faruzan and Raiden will come this week and Wanderer has not dropped on either account.

So hopefully better gaming this coming week!

3 hours ago, Tails Prower said:

Well good to hear the 3rd account is progressing well, that is a new thing I have learnt about that world quest.

Some things in game like that just don't make a lot of sense but that's how it's been set so I guess we just have to leave that quest incomplete, bit annoying though.

I have to accept that my choice of playstyle is a contributing factor. I will probably ascend after Enkanomiya, I just want those vishaps to be as easy as possible seeing as I don't have a Ganyu or a Kokomi to save me. I do think they need to have a re-evaluation of how content flows to new players though because there are a couple of stumbling blocks along the way now.

Me TBH I am a bit annoyed at the moment, the current Spiral Abyss is just BRUH, I don't want to know how many times I tried Floor 12 but it's just the worst one ever.

I don't know what's in the current floor 12 but I have to consider that if it's giving you problems, then it's probably getting a bit feisty in there now. I'm sure you'll conquer it before long...

On the positive side I got my C2 Faruzan and Raiden will come this week and Wanderer has not dropped on either account.

So hopefully better gaming this coming week!

Excellent, fingers crossed for a good week ahead.

I'm going into a no-wish phase with the next banners, which is probably better seeing as my primo income has dropped slightly due to me skipping annoying commissions. I've got a Forsaken Rift night ahead on acc 3 with Sucrose and Barbara still needing talent books. Luckily the dropping icicle level isn't unlocked yet but it's still an annoying domain. I might also start world boss farming again to get my characters from lvl70 to lvl80 after I ascend.

5 hours ago, LeeC22 said:

I have to accept that my choice of playstyle is a contributing factor. I will probably ascend after Enkanomiya, I just want those vishaps to be as easy as possible seeing as I don't have a Ganyu or a Kokomi to save me. I do think they need to have a re-evaluation of how content flows to new players though because there are a couple of stumbling blocks along the way now.

Yeah I agree, a little review of level requirements would not go amiss in this regard for newer account players for sure.

I don't know what's in the current floor 12 but I have to consider that if it's giving you problems, then it's probably getting a bit feisty in there now. I'm sure you'll conquer it before long...

Excellent, fingers crossed for a good week ahead.

I managed to com0lete the Abyss it was just so UGH! 230 tries.

12-1 Perpertual Mechanical Array 1st half.

12-1 Emirates

12-2 New turn invisible Ruin Robots from the desert.

12-2 Golden Wolflord

12-3 Crazy Terrorshroom Chicken

12-3 15 Rifthounds - 12 small 3 big.

So basically death on 12-3 at Lvl 100, u get the idea!

Yeah looking forward to a chill week after the above.

I'm going into a no-wish phase with the next banners, which is probably better seeing as my primo income has dropped slightly due to me skipping annoying commissions. I've got a Forsaken Rift night ahead on acc 3 with Sucrose and Barbara still needing talent books. Luckily the dropping icicle level isn't unlocked yet but it's still an annoying domain. I might also start world boss farming again to get my characters from lvl70 to lvl80 after I ascend.

Yup that one is without doubt a pain domain!

On 12/26/2022 at 12:26 AM, Tails Prower said:

12-1 Perpertual Mechanical Array 1st half.

12-1 Emirates

12-2 New turn invisible Ruin Robots from the desert.

12-2 Golden Wolflord

12-3 Crazy Terrorshroom Chicken

12-3 15 Rifthounds - 12 small 3 big.

So basically death on 12-3 at Lvl 100, u get the idea!

Wow, that's a horror show alright. PMA, Wolflord and 15 Riffhounds... those aren't even fun in the normal map, never mind in a domain against a timer.

I am guessing you have Raiden by now so is she all pre-farmed or is it a domain-intensive week ahead? More importantly, are you prepared for the hell that is the R5 Catch or is she getting a different weapon?

I looked at the weapon banner but I can't see anything worth going for this time. I mean as far as my characters currently go, I have Kaeya - Proto Rancour, Noelle - Redhorn, Lisa - Kagura's Verity, Amber - Stringless, Xiangling - Dragon's Bane, Sucrose - Sac Fragments and Barbara - Proto Amber. I can't see anything that screams "Pull for me" out of what's there. Might have another look later because the itch-to-wish is going to be strong with my main accs not pulling for anyone as well. Until then it's back to the depths of Enkanomiya... it's such a great map and it's a shame how it's left so unused beyond the story.

Edited by LeeC22

15 hours ago, LeeC22 said:

Wow, that's a horror show alright. PMA, Wolflord and 15 Riffhounds... those aren't even fun in the normal map, never mind in a domain against a timer.

I am guessing you have Raiden by now so is she all pre-farmed or is it a domain-intensive week ahead? More importantly, are you prepared for the hell that is the R5 Catch or is she getting a different weapon?

Yes though the game decided to make it a 20 pull but I got her and not too much farming, need some talent books and thankfully I can do those tonight.

Weapon will be Engulfing Lightning but no sign at 62 pulls so hopefully it drops soon.

Main thing I now need to do is build Xiangling so I can have Raiden National Team for Abyss but again not too much work needed there either.

Yeah, I am thinking to showcase some of Ekanomoya in my next stream just to remind people of the place.

Finally wrapped up Enkanomiya today and as I had also been farming some world bosses I decided to ascend as well. Immediately after doing so I realised I should have farmed for Barbara before ascending as it would have made for a less painful Oceanid encounter... too late was the cry. The upside is that by hitting WL5 I get the option to go back to WL4, which means it won't be quite so bad. It also meant I was able to clear up that lingering quest in Inazuma The downside is the game is now going to nag me with the red marker for all the story quests it wants me to do.

Ascending 10 world levels also got me a bunch of blue fates which got me a Kaeya con. That in turn pushed me over 100 Starglitter, which is more than I have ever had at any one time on any of my accounts. That means I can buy Noelle and Amber's C1 from the shop when they come around and both of them are good cons from my perspective.

The problem I have at the moment is I am really struggling with my main accounts. Resin has been capped on both accounts for around 4 days now which is a bit of a concern. Both accounts have over 2200 purple books each, 60+ million mora and around 4,000 ores, so I don't feel the need to farm leylines at all. I don't have any characters I want to build and all my used weapons are at the max based on each account's WL. I feel like I need some story to give those accounts purpose but there's nothing due for at least another two weeks as far as I know, unless something comes in the events later this patch. Might try moving the commissions to Sumeru on those accounts, see if that adds a bit of freshness to the mix. It is getting frustrating when all 3 accounts get Urgent Repairs on the same day and that's one of the ones I don't do. I did try Inazuma commissions at one time but every day was a variation on that annoying stealth one, after a week I went back to Mondstadt.

Edited by LeeC22
  • Like 1

On 12/30/2022 at 7:59 PM, LeeC22 said:

Finally wrapped up Enkanomiya today and as I had also been farming some world bosses I decided to ascend as well. Immediately after doing so I realised I should have farmed for Barbara before ascending as it would have made for a less painful Oceanid encounter... too late was the cry. The upside is that by hitting WL5 I get the option to go back to WL4, which means it won't be quite so bad. It also meant I was able to clear up that lingering quest in Inazuma The downside is the game is now going to nag me with the red marker for all the story quests it wants me to do.

Ascending 10 world levels also got me a bunch of blue fates which got me a Kaeya con. That in turn pushed me over 100 Starglitter, which is more than I have ever had at any one time on any of my accounts. That means I can buy Noelle and Amber's C1 from the shop when they come around and both of them are good cons from my perspective.

The problem I have at the moment is I am really struggling with my main accounts. Resin has been capped on both accounts for around 4 days now which is a bit of a concern. Both accounts have over 2200 purple books each, 60+ million mora and around 4,000 ores, so I don't feel the need to farm leylines at all. I don't have any characters I want to build and all my used weapons are at the max based on each account's WL. I feel like I need some story to give those accounts purpose but there's nothing due for at least another two weeks as far as I know, unless something comes in the events later this patch. Might try moving the commissions to Sumeru on those accounts, see if that adds a bit of freshness to the mix. It is getting frustrating when all 3 accounts get Urgent Repairs on the same day and that's one of the ones I don't do.

Ah yes, dear old Oceanoid, I do not miss visiting her for materials and the like.

Very good on the Starglitter front, I think I have way too much of that stuff from all my wishes over the game's lifetime that I doubt I will ever use it all, only constellations I would like are finishing Fischl on my FTP, Amber and Lisa.

Yeah there does come a point where you get hit with that moment of what to do with the main accounts, tbh I am not sure what direction I will go with the main accounts for 2023 as once I finish building Raiden and Xiangling I need to hae a pausue on developing characters, tbh I think maybe they went through the archon quest a bit too quick, if you ask me I think personally they should have maybe left Wandeerer's story for 3.4 and then done the 3.5 story arc that might have given you a bit better balance.

You can let me know how things go with the Sumeru dailies, me I am just gonna be chillng with finishing off my two characters Raiden and Xiangling and then I'lll see what motiates me for the coming month, tbh I am going to be in a bit of a difficult prosition in terms of progressing now because I will not do the 'Interlude' Chapter that is Wanderer at the moment but I know that's gonna ctreate a huge issue going forwards for both accounts since in order to see the new area's and stuff I'll have to probably do those 'pre-requisite' quests first.

Don't get me wrong I will probably do them at some point in the coming month but I think I will wait and see what we get teased for the new desert area in the Speical Program which should be on Friday, I can altready see it being quiet in terms of new stuff for me because all I want to do this coming month is finish off Hu-Tao and her weapon as I've decided to make the yeatr 2023 one where i only build the characters I really wish to finish off and even then strictly one a month.

So at the moment the first three months are kinda looking like this.

January - Hu-Tao

February - Dehya

March - Eula

April  - Keqing

Now in case your wondering why Eula is in there although I have her at Lvl 80 I still don't have the perfect 'build' for her and I want to finish her off to 90 so thats the reasoning, same for Keqing finally getting her into use on my main account, it does all depend on what gets announced though but like I say I just feel I need to slow down the building of characters for a while.

Snip!

Edited by LeeC22

Tails Prower

Usual reminder but Speical Program time once again for Version 3.4 tomorrow 6 Jan 2023 and the first one of the new year, usual twitch/Youtube times as last time!

• 2 weeks later...
Tails Prower

So spent the first day of 3.4 exploring the new area of the desert in Sumeru, so far managed to NOT trigger any of the world quest thanks to my stubborn not doing Golden Slumber yet.

Seems to be quite a lot of Dendroculus in this new area and I see we have more underground tomb area's to explore, a little frustrating given we still do not have a map we can reference to although I see they have put one on Hoyolab's ap so I hope that means we might see something similar soon in game where it scales the map into the underground area we are exploring.

Lantern Rite is excellent as always and I managed to secure my Yaoyao from the one 10 pull chance i had before my 50/50 drops on the FTP account so that means my 'child' account is continuing it's progress towards that 'uiltimate' video of Klee, Qiqi, Sayu and Yaoyao going on a Teyvat ranpage! 🙂

My main account is gonna be doing the events as always but everything is just building up for 3.5 Dehya DPS build attempt as I have been 'gifted' by the RNG gods to have a full set of Crimson Witch and Gilded Dreams so as long as there is no EM malarky I'll be good to build and use her on Day 1 of 3.5.

So I am gonna be going and killing those big scorpians/birds/serpants and the like in the desert every day to make sure I have enough materials given I am sure they will be her required level up material. thanks to only having levelled Nahida and Fatruzan I s hould have enough talent books but that's the easiest farm at least!

February is the short month anyway so it won't be long before she comes around so this time at least I'll be prepared!

Haven't been posting because depression is in overdrive for several weeks now, which combined with residual (irrational) anger from the breakout event and various commissions is making it hard to play. Both spending accounts have gone F2P as a result and that may or may not change back.

New area seems massive and it utilises free space under the existing area to make it even bigger. Main account is slowly going through the main story quest there, second account is doing lantern rite stuff and account 3 is playing with treasure compasses in various areas and dipping its toe into Sumeru's chests and oculus. Feels like some enemies have been buffed in the desert and the new consecrated ones hit like a truck, one hit from a vulture took 50% of my lvl90 Fischl's health... and that's only a WL5 vulture.

Wish wise, main account did its usual 30 pulls and got another 2 Yun Jin (now C8) and a Favonius (or maybe Sacrificial, can't remember) greatsword. Acc 2 can't wish because of 60 pity and guarantee, so I decided to build Phys Fischl with her Mitternachts Waltz bow, using 2pc Bloodstained and 2pc Pale Flame. Amusing watching her attack electro slimes and not seeing immune pop up every time and that 97% Phys DMG bonus is nice. It looks like Dehya is going to take the pity even though I don't want her but better an unwanted waifu than an unwanted male character I guess. She's just a bit too much like a Pyro-Beidou for me and I'm not a Beidou fan. Acc 3 went for the sword on the weapon banner and got it but that needs drops from consecrated beasts and the stardust shop only sold a few. Wanted it for Dendro Lumine but it's now stuck at lvl40. Levelled up Nahida's weapon for Sucrose as apparently it works well with her, plus it's a really good aesthetic match. Characters are stuck on 3* and 4* artifacts on that account, so better weapons are the only real source of increased damage.

Thoughts on new characters... Al-Dendro, animations look decent, don't like the character or playstyle, so meh. Yaoyao, interesting attacks but child character, so also meh... will probably get her from lantern rite for the free blue ascension fates though as I have the rest already lvl50 or higher.

There is a lot going on in the game I should be excited about but a bleak outlook on real-life is casting a dark cloud over it all... and it has no silver lining, hence my silence.

• Like 1

Tails Prower
On 1/19/2023 at 10:50 PM, LeeC22 said:

Haven't been posting because depression is in overdrive for several weeks now, which combined with residual (irrational) anger from the breakout event and various commissions is making it hard to play. Both spending accounts have gone F2P as a result and that may or may not change back.

There is a lot going on in the game I should be excited about but a bleak outlook on real-life is casting a dark cloud over it all... and it has no silver lining, hence my silence.

That is understandable, hope you can  get through this depression phase, always a difficult one esp if there appears to be no silver lining, hopefully that turns around at some point.

No bad thing to turn all the accounts into FTP, interesting suggestion for the weapons on some characters, I will have to have a look into that at some point.

Nothing much changing IRL but the game is holding my attention again, mainly because I have just started the Aranara quest on acc 3. For me this quest line is head and shoulders above any other quest in the game. When you actually consider the magnitude of the problems they are dealing with, as a limited species that can't turn to humans for help (until we showed up that is), the way it all plays out is just fantastic. I have been rage-skipping Paimon's gibberish since the Breakout event and most recently the Lantern Rite Epliogue travesty but I will sit and read every single line of the Aranara quest, despite it being my 3rd time through it all.

Also helps that I have been able to do every one of the current events. Radiant Sparks is pretty good, Paper Theatre is good but I have really struggled at times with it and because of my memory problems I can't remember the solution from one account to the next. I quite like waverider events because I like how the waverider handles but the lantern-collecting stage is a PITA. The combat event I don't mind this time because it's out in the open world and I think they did the same kind of combat event last year. Acc 1 & 2 both took Yaoyao for the collection and acc 3 took Xiangling because of my imposed character restrictions... that got her to C3 with the one from the shop as well. Getting Yaoyao meant a visit to the Dendro cube to get her to lvl50 which went off okay. Did the Wenut boss to see what it was like and it was a bit confusing with the swirl stuff, I didn't understand it at first.

All the event primogens have really boosted the pile with acc 2 now sitting on 60 pity with guarantee and 171 fates. I am just waiting for someone to use them on.  Main acc hit standard banner pity and got... Tighnari, so still no Jean. 😞

New quests in the new desert area are top notch with some typical MiHoyo jaw-dropping moments. They have some a-grade talent in their level-design team, they really do. Nice of them to add an instance of the new scorpion enemy to Inazuma, which means I can level up Lumine's sword on acc 3. Drop rate for the mats is pretty decent as well which is nice. I suppose I should do Al-Dendro's story quest at some point but I don't like doing story quests for characters I don't like. Only acc 1 has done the new world quests and area exploration and I am trying to keep it slow-paced, so only around 55% for that area so far. So hopefully I can pace things to maintain the interest level.

Edited by LeeC22

Tails Prower
On 1/25/2023 at 3:26 PM, LeeC22 said:

Nothing much changing IRL but the game is holding my attention again, mainly because I have just started the Aranara quest on acc 3. For me this quest line is head and shoulders above any other quest in the game. When you actually consider the magnitude of the problems they are dealing with, as a limited species that can't turn to humans for help (until we showed up that is), the way it all plays out is just fantastic. I have been rage-skipping Paimon's gibberish since the Breakout event and most recently the Lantern Rite Epliogue travesty but I will sit and read every single line of the Aranara quest, despite it being my 3rd time through it all.

Understandable, even by my 'tolerant' standards Paimon's dialogue this event was a bit much so even I skipped some of the dialogue,, she is fast becoming a little bot heading for 'most annoying travvel guide' award whereas as you say in the Aranara quest she's actually ok.

TBH whilst I know they like to do 'story' for the events I feel this year's Lantern Rite story quest was a bit much cominng in at just about 3 hrs over the course of the three unlocks, I think the story of the Fontaine guy was a great idea but then they kinda 'meh' on the let's actually have the music mini game as part of lantern ritwe this year and then whole bit in the restaurant could have been a bit shorter in my opinion, will be interesting to see how the other eents play out in this regard.

All the event primogens have really boosted the pile with acc 2 now sitting on 60 pity with guarantee and 171 fates. I am just waiting for someone to use them on.  Main acc hit standard banner pity and got... Tighnari, so still no Jean. 😞

Curse the gods for there being no Jean again! Saving all my character wish attempts now until Dehya as one account is on the 70/70 pity and I've read that sometimes produces 'weird' 5 star 10 pull so whilst it's 50/50 I hope to see some craxy results, will report on that after 1 March when the update goes live.

New quests in the new desert area are top notch with some typical MiHoyo jaw-dropping moments. They have some a-grade talent in their level-design team, they really do. Nice of them to add an instance of the new scorpion enemy to Inazuma, which means I can level up Lumine's sword on acc 3. Drop rate for the mats is pretty decent as well which is nice. I suppose I should do Al-Dendro's story quest at some point but I don't like doing story quests for characters I don't like. Only acc 1 has done the new world quests and area exploration and I am trying to keep it slow-paced, so only around 55% for that area so far. So hopefully I can pace things to maintain the interest level.

Alhaitham story chapter is at least for now 'blacklisted' on my account as I have no interest to play it much equally no desire to get the character at all, I don't know what it is about the male personality performances but their attitudes seem to just 'stink' in Genshin, we know my gameplay limitations when it comes to Wanderer but all their idle animations and voice overs seem to 'irk' me, I dunno why I dislike them so much, Benny is the only guy I can tolerate because at least his are funny hence he's the only 'male' I have levelled to full 90.

Did the new World Quests on my stream yesterday, that was at least an enjoyable one and Paimon was sorta 'tolerable'.

One thing I will have to do though is 'skip' my way through Kazuha and Wanderer Archon quest as there is a rumour were getting Acquaint faits for every archon quest completed so that would be 22 free wishes, no idea how much 'truth' there is in this but seemingly wish pulls on a weekly basis are going downhill so there is concern the gacha may be running outta steam esp with the 'long' wait for reruns, I doubt there are going to extend it beyound two  gacha's at a time since weapons will be hella difficult to get/refine but we'll have to see what comes in the special program.

Edited by Tails Prower

19 hours ago, Tails Prower said:

TBH whilst I know they like to do 'story' for the events I feel this year's Lantern Rite story quest was a bit much cominng in at just about 3 hrs over the course of the three unlocks, I think the story of the Fontaine guy was a great idea but then they kinda 'meh' on the let's actually have the music mini game as part of lantern ritwe this year and then whole bit in the restaurant could have been a bit shorter in my opinion, will be interesting to see how the other eents play out in this regard.

The story behind it was great for the first two parts, the history of Cloud Retainer, Ping et al was really interesting. The cutscene for the finale was also great as usual and for me it should have ended there. I felt the restaurant part completely ruined it so I only did the full story on one account, the others just unlocked the events and did them.

If I ever find a Paimon model I am going to convert it to a GTAV prop and then build a duck-shoot game on the pier with it. Or I could use it on the Beaver-Banger machine which I already made work and just retexture the back-plate with a Genshin theme.

Saving all my character wish attempts now until Dehya as one account is on the 70/70 pity and I've read that sometimes produces 'weird' 5 star 10 pull so whilst it's 50/50 I hope to see some craxy results, will report on that after 1 March when the update goes live.

Be interesting to see the outcome of that, hopefully it's the good "weird" like winning the 50/50 and then losing the 50/50 all in one 10-pull.

Alhaitham story chapter is at least for now 'blacklisted' on my account as I have no interest to play it much equally no desire to get the character at all, I don't know what it is about the male personality performances but their attitudes seem to just 'stink' in Genshin, we know my gameplay limitations when it comes to Wanderer but all their idle animations and voice overs seem to 'irk' me, I dunno why I dislike them so much, Benny is the only guy I can tolerate because at least his are funny hence he's the only 'male' I have levelled to full 90.

I can relate to that. The only other male character I don't mind playing other than Wanderer is Kazuha. Oddly, after playing Al-Dendro's story quest I got to like his character a bit more. His attitude towards other people mirror's my own in some respects and I hadn't really noticed that until doing that story. The more he became relateable, the more I was ok with him... still don't like how he plays though, probably because he's a tall male. He gets bonus points for being intolerant of Paimon as well. :D

One thing I will have to do though is 'skip' my way through Kazuha and Wanderer Archon quest as there is a rumour were getting Acquaint faits for every archon quest completed so that would be 22 free wishes, no idea how much 'truth' there is in this but seemingly wish pulls on a weekly basis are going downhill so there is concern the gacha may be running outta steam esp with the 'long' wait for reruns, I doubt there are going to extend it beyound two  gacha's at a time since weapons will be hella difficult to get/refine but we'll have to see what comes in the special program.

Hmmm, that would be interesting and welcome if it happens. Another source of blue fates would be nice, based on other gacha I always feel like we should be pulling on standard more often than limited but we don't because nobody really wants to use primos on standard. We're effectively doing just 10 pulls a month on standard with BP fates and the shop reset, which feels low for something "standard", especially given the "Make 50 wishes" BP task. Something to keep an eye out for anyway, I hadn't heard anything about that.

Edited by LeeC22