3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

Genshin Impact (PC, Mobile, PS4, PS5)

Tails Prower

WildBrick142

Version 2.6 Preview Page is live - Click Here!

Sharing or ("sharing") the page will reward you with some Mora. Note, the page MUST be opened through the link in the in-game mail.

• 1000x mora_small.png Mora (In-Game Mail Notice)
  • 20000x mora_small.png Mora (Sharing the page)

Cover artwork without QR Code or text (1920x1080):

zephyr_of_the_violet_garden.jpg

Edited by WildBrick142
  • Like 2

I am glad this next patch is almost here, this week has been... unpleasant to say the least. I did two days of the overflow thing and lost interest. Raising talents needs weekly boss mats and far too much mora for the small gains they seem to give, so 6/6/6 is enough for me, especially given my world level. I actually hit 600,000+ EXP this week on my main acc at AR50, WL5. My second acc isn't far behind EXP wise but is one step back at AR45, WL4. I know there's the whole "better drops" thing with higher AR/WL but I don't want harder/longer fights just to get nothing more than a *chance at getting* better drops.

I logged in today on my second acc and saw my resin capped at 160 so decided to craft some condensed resin, but I couldn't because I already had 5. I almost missed a day completely on Wednesday... I was shocked when I logged in at 7pm to be greeted with "Talk to Flora" and that was because I couldn't face doing both sets of daily commissions in the morning so decided to leave it until a bit later... and then forgot about it completely. I can tell it's been a bad Genshin week because I ended up writing a mod for GTAV and that's not something I ever planned on doing again.

I have also spent the week farming Slumbering Court, not because I need any artifacts from there but because it's a relatively easy domain on both accounts now, so it just stocks up on fodder for upgrades and has a better time against fodder return compared to artifact routes. On Sunday I will sort through the 5^ artifacts and bulk-fill the strongbox for some Gladiator artifacts. Next week I am going to choose another domain and do the same thing again but for Wanderer artifacts. I will do that for each domain and at the end, whatever I have got is what I will stick with and I will hopefully have enough to not have to do artifacts again... hopefully.

I won't be wishing on any 2.6 banners, so I won't have any new characters to build and well... future characters are subject to how events unfold next week so...

But yeah, this next patch feels long overdue... it's felt like a very long 6 weeks compared to previous patches.

• Like 2

Tails Prower
On 3/25/2022 at 6:57 PM, LeeC22 said:

I am glad this next patch is almost here, this week has been... unpleasant to say the least. I did two days of the overflow thing and lost interest. Raising talents needs weekly boss mats and far too much mora for the small gains they seem to give, so 6/6/6 is enough for me, especially given my world level. I actually hit 600,000+ EXP this week on my main acc at AR50, WL5. My second acc isn't far behind EXP wise but is one step back at AR45, WL4. I know there's the whole "better drops" thing with higher AR/WL but I don't want harder/longer fights just to get nothing more than a *chance at getting* better drops.

I logged in today on my second acc and saw my resin capped at 160 so decided to craft some condensed resin, but I couldn't because I already had 5. I almost missed a day completely on Wednesday... I was shocked when I logged in at 7pm to be greeted with "Talk to Flora" and that was because I couldn't face doing both sets of daily commissions in the morning so decided to leave it until a bit later... and then forgot about it completely. I can tell it's been a bad Genshin week because I ended up writing a mod for GTAV and that's not something I ever planned on doing again.

I have also spent the week farming Slumbering Court, not because I need any artifacts from there but because it's a relatively easy domain on both accounts now, so it just stocks up on fodder for upgrades and has a better time against fodder return compared to artifact routes. On Sunday I will sort through the 5^ artifacts and bulk-fill the strongbox for some Gladiator artifacts. Next week I am going to choose another domain and do the same thing again but for Wanderer artifacts. I will do that for each domain and at the end, whatever I have got is what I will stick with and I will hopefully have enough to not have to do artifacts again... hopefully.

I won't be wishing on any 2.6 banners, so I won't have any new characters to build and well... future characters are subject to how events unfold next week so...

But yeah, this next patch feels long overdue... it's felt like a very long 6 weeks compared to previous patches.

Yeah the overflow event I guess was kind of the optional last minute thing prior to the update, it's not really the greatest use because you get very little extra and only the first 3 runs.

For me it was quite useful my FTP account needed 2nd stage books to finish bringing talents up to Level 6 so I will be able to complete that now as the artefact sets are all pretty much done but need a few better pieces since some don't have the Crit Rate/Crit Damage combo I want but it is getting there. My main account is definetly all fixed and I even improved my Yae Miko/Ganyu builds so I will post a character update video soon like I did last time with a comparison to the previous update.

It is a good idea to rotate dungeons weekly, I've been in the Crimson Witch/Lavawalker domain this week for Hu-Tao and next week I plan to move to the one with Thundering Fury/Soother sets just to see what I get then anything that is recycle potential will go to an artefact set like Gladiator/Wanderer though I might do some Nobilesse since my Benny still could do with a bit more CR/CD.

Yup lots of saving time for me over 2.6 as well and although I will probably take Yelan from 2.7 I don't expect to be wishing again until 3.0 if the supposed leaks are true but as always I take them with a pinch of salt till I see the official Special Program.

At least 2.6 looks to have calm interesting events for the most part and we do have The Chasm to explore, I am also gonna be testing waters of the new artefact sets with old characters just to see how they do so that will keep me busy.

Have to get off tho and go play the Hyakunnin Ikki event since I have not had time to see how my work over the two updates has gone, video on that later.

• Like 2

WildBrick142

Version 2.6 Preload on PC and Mobile is now available - full install is 6.2GB on PC (need 13GB of free space to copy files)

"Valley Orchid" Yelan (Hydro) and "Mender of Tribulations" Kuki Shinobu (Electro) are the characters for 2.7, as announced today:

Always nice to see a new Electro character, it's a bit silly the Electro region got.... only 3 (Traveler included). Let's hope Dendro won't be too lacking in characters when Sumeru releases

1 hour ago, WildBrick142 said:

lways nice to see a new Electro character, it's a bit silly the Electro region got.... only 3

Didn't Inazuma get 4 including traveller... Sara, Raiden and Yae. (edit: that sounds kinda snippy but it wasn't meant to... sorry if it seems that way, my lack of communication skills complicates simple things :blush: )

Yelan looks really nice, not quite sold on Kuki yet. It is interesting though that I was sat last night trying to work out if I could create a full set of mono-weapon teams and I thought there was no electro sword user but I had forgotten about Keqing... and now we have a new electro sword user as well. Still missing a few for other weapon types though, like Anemo polearm and Cryo catalyst. But I quite fancy trying a team of bow users, could be interesting as long as I don't need any iron chunks, crystals or wood.

Kinda worried about this floating Hydro Fungus enemy that is said to be "highly adaptable", it sounds like a Hydro-Specter MKII. :D

Edited by LeeC22

• 1 month later...
Tails Prower

Just in case you miss it folks!

Dear Travelers,

It's announcement time! The special program for Genshin Impact's new version will premiere on the official Twitch channel on 05/20/2022 at 08:00 AM (UTC-4)!

>>>https://www.twitch.tv/genshinimpactofficial

This special program will feature juicy details about new game content and developments in Version 2.7. It will also "drop" some redemption codes and other goodies!

The special program will also be broadcast on the official YouTube channel on 2022/5/20 at 12:00 PM (UTC-4)

>>>https://www.youtube.com/c/GenshinImpact

Make sure to follow us, Travelers. We'll see you there!

It's taken a while to get here but my fate collection has benefitted from the delay.

They set the bar really high with the Chasm and it was already way up there with Enkanomiya, so it wil be interesting to see what they follow that up with... assuming that there is an additional map area of some sort of course.

Tails Prower
17 minutes ago, LeeC22 said:

It's taken a while to get here but my fate collection has benefitted from the delay.

They set the bar really high with the Chasm and it was already way up there with Enkanomiya, so it wil be interesting to see what they follow that up with... assuming that there is an additional map area of some sort of course.

I don't think we'll see a new area this time since we got The Chasm in the 2.6 update and it generally is every second update we get a new area.

2.8 should have a new area but it will most likely be The Golden Apple Archepelego again, we''ll see in the stream tomorrow.

How has your gameplay been going? I've finally managed to sort out both  my accounts so all my characters are finally good and can solo run the dungeons in the game but man it was a lot of work and paint o get there, I have everything ready for Yelan too and I have all the Primogems saved so i too am ready in that regard.

Also the placement maintenance will finally end on 31/05, yes the update is coming on a Tueaday this time so I guess it will be every 6 weeks on a Tuesday from now on.

1 minute ago, Tails Prower said:

I don't think we'll see a new area this time since we got The Chasm in the 2.6 update and it generally is every second update we get a new area.

2.8 should have a new area but it will most likely be The Golden Apple Archepelego again, we''ll see in the stream tomorrow.

How has your gameplay been going? I've finally managed to sort out both  my accounts so all my characters are finally good and can solo run the dungeons in the game but man it was a lot of work and paint o get there, I have everything ready for Yelan too and I have all the Primogems saved so i too am ready in that regard.

Also the placement maintenance will finally end on 31/05, yes the update is coming on a Tueaday this time so I guess it will be every 6 weeks on a Tuesday from now on.

I wasn't sure if there was meant to be a small chasm extension to continue the story of that girl who ran off into the depths, because I presumed she went downwards instead of up and out. I was just guessing there though based on what she had done.

What were your feelings about the chasm? I thought it was excellent myself and was gobsmacked by the size of the underground area. I found the archon quest really hard to deal with though, it struck some very strong emotional chords that I really struggled to cope with... mainly because what I was seeing strongly reflected my real-life experience of watching terminally-ill loved ones just waiting for the end to come. Even writing about it is difficult... it's strange how much that affected me and still does. 😢 I actually held off doing it on my second account for a long time, until I had done everything else in the chasm in fact.

Gameplay wise I quit farming artifacts completely and it has made the game so much better. It was actively degrading my experience with the game, so I just decided to stop completely. I built Aloy on both accounts, one based around burst and ER and the other on ATK, so it was interesting playing the same character in two different ways. I like how she plays but she just feels a bit underpowered. I finally built Sucrose on both accounts as well but she probably suffers most from lack of artifacts with only 2VV but she'll do. She has 640+ EM on my main, so she's fairly useful as is. I have nothing pre-farmed for Yelan, it's not something I ever do and again, she'll suffer from artifact deprivation but it won't be so bad because of my low WL. I don't have a Hydro archer on my second account, so she's definitely going in there. I have Childe on my main but I don't like male chars, so I am unsure whether to get her on there as well or go back to alternating 5* on my accounts again.

But I feel that my realisation that building the characters is ruining the experience of getting them is probably my biggest and most important step forward. I had to break myself out of that domain-combat-grind.

I'll miss the teapot currency every Monday, I'd rather have that than friendship EXP to be honest.

• Like 1

Tails Prower

I suppose there could be an extension, to be honest I haven't doene must of the story there other than Chasm Seekers which I presume is the part your referring to but I didn't pick up she stayed underground.

Yes I really like The Chasm a lot but I haven't spent much time there but they really came up very well with the area and it's size.

Likewise I haven't[ done the main story quest there either so again I will play that soon, from what you've said I am kinda interested to do it now so I'll give a fuller response once I've played it through.

That's a good step forward I guess and if it's making the gameplay experience better for you then that is very good news, it is certainly a frustation factor that does not help the game much especially when you have to do so much grinding, this is why now i have the main characters I need and after Yelan/Yoimiya I am not going to need any other characters, I will probably go for the Dendro archon purely because if her final design comes like the images on the internet i really like her style and I am curious to see how Dendro plays out in game as an element.

The only things I did throughout 2.7 aside from collecting event Primogems was finish Shenhe, Yun Jin, Xinqui and Sucrouse on my main account and finish the artefacts/talents on my FTP, I have 18 characters at my disposal so I think I am good in any element until dendro comes along anway!

WildBrick142

Livestream Codes

• LANVJSFUD6CM
    • 100x primogem_small.pngPrimogem
    • 10x icon_mystic_ore.png Mystic Enhancement Ore
  • DTNUKTWCC6D9
    • 100x primogem_small.png Primogem
    • 5x icon_heros_wit.png Hero's Wit
  • HSNUKTXCCPWV
    • 100x primogem_small.png Primogem
    • 50000x mora_small.pngMora

Note: All codes expire within the next 12 hours or so.

2.7 Update Details - Hidden Dreams in the Depths

• New 5-Star Character
    • "Valley Orchid" Yelan (Hydro)
      • "A mysterious person who claims to work for the Ministry of Civil Affairs, but is a "non-entity" on the Ministry of Civil Affairs' list."
      • Bow User
      • Skills of Note
        • Normal Attack: Stealthy Bowshot
          • A short time outside of combat, Yelan will enter a Breakthrough state. This causes her next charged aimed shot to have decreased charge time.
        • Elemental Skill: Lingering Lifeline
          • Allows her to move rapidly along the lifeline, marking targets along the way.
          • Once her rapid movement ends, the lifeline explodes dealing Hydro DMG to enemies. The more enemies are marked the higher chance of resetting the Breakthrough state.
        • Elemental Burst: Depth-Clarion Dice
          • Deals AoE Hydro Damage and creates Wondrous Dice.
          • The Dice initiate co-ordinated attacks when using Normal Attacks or Elemental Skill.
        • Passive Talent: Adapt With Ease
          • Damage increases over time while the Dice are active.
        • Passive Talent: Turn Control
          • Causes Yelan's max HP to be increased based on the number of Elemental types present in the party.
        • Passive Talent (Permanent): Necessary Calculation
          • Returns more rewards when on a Liyue expedition for 20 hours.
  • New 4-Star Character
    • "Mender of Tribulations" Kuki Shinobu (Electro)
      • "The capable and reliable deputy leader of the "Arataki Gang." Please note: capable and reliable are not appellations for the "Arataki Gang," but for their deputy leader in specific."
      • Sword User
      • Skills of Note
        • Normal Attack: Shinobu's Shadowsword
        • Elemental Skill: Sanctifying Ring
          • Creates a Grass Ring of Sanctification at the cost of her HP.
          • Deals continuous Electro DMG to surrounding opponents.
          • Heals currently active party member.
          • The ring appears to follow you around, similar to Barbara's Let the Show Begin♪ Melody Loop.
        • Elemental Burst: Gyoei Narukami Kariyama Rite
          • Creates a field in front of her that deals continuous Electro DMG to opponents within it.
        • Passive Talent: Heart's Repose
          • Boosts Shinobu's Sanctifying Ring effects based on Elemental Mastery.
        • Passive Talent: Breaking Free
          • Increases Healing Bonus when Shinobu's HP is low.
        • Passive Talent (Permanent): Protracted Prayers
          • Returns more rewards when on an Inazuma expedition for 20 hours.
  • New 5-Star Weapon
    • Aqua Simulacra
      • Bow
      • Appears to be intended for Yelan.
  • New 4-Star Weapon
    • Fading Twilight
      • Bow
      • "Perilous Trail" event Reward.
      • Refined using Glowing Gems.
  • New Event Wishes
    • Phase 1
      • "Valley Orchid" Yelan (Hydro)
      • "Vigilant Yaksha" Xiao (Anemo)
    • Phase 2
      • "Hanamizaka Heroics" Arataki Itto (Geo)
        • "Mender of Tribulations" Kuki Shinobu (Electro)
  • New Story Quest
    • Umbrabilis Orchis Chapter: Act I
      • Yelan's Story Quest.
  • New Archon Quest
    • Interlude Chapter Act II: Perilous Trail
      • Ties-in with the main event.
      • Potential spoilers
        • Spoiler

Features Yanfei, Yelan, Itto, and Shinobu teaming up with the Traveler and Paimon as they are stranded in the depths of The Chasm. Eventually we discover that Xiao is also conducting an investigation of his own. Yelan is trying to find out the truth of what happened during the cataclysm 500 years ago, in addition to that piece of history being related to her origins...

• New Hangout Event
    • The Gang's Daily Deeds: Act I
      • Kuki Shinobu's Hangout Quest.
  • New Events
    • Perilous Trail
      • "The Traveler and Paimon come once again to The Chasm to investigate the mysteries of the depths, only to meet an unexpected guest and become embroiled in another crisis..."
      • Includes the new Interlude Archon Quest.
      • A battle challenge named Realms of Guile and War will unlock during the event.
        • You will have to defeat waves of enemies in a challenge domain.
        • There are 4 domains. Two have been named.
          • Dire Cliff Court
          • Kaleidoscope Cage
        • Completing 3 challenges is counted as 1 round.
          • The first 3 domains consist of 3 rounds. The final domain consists of 6 rounds.
          • After each round you will have to rearrange your party.
            • Dire Cliff Court: Only one party member can be selected to continue to the next round.
            • Kaleidoscope Cage: Two characters are selected at random that will be unable to continue to the next round.
            • Unknown domain: All current characters are unable to continue for 1 round.
          • There are many Trial Characters that the player can use.
        • Combat features "Stratagems", a selection of "cards" that give the player a buff in battle.
          • Stratagem Shards earned in battle can be used to re-roll Stratagem selection or use previously-selected Stratagems as well as redeploy downed characters.
      • Possible Rewards
        • Crown of Insight
        • Primogems
        • Talent Level-Up Materials
        • Mora
        • Weapon Ascension Materials
        • Character EXP Materials
        • Mystic Enhancement Ore
        • Fading Twilight (Bow)
          • New limited-time event weapon.
        • Glowing Gem
          • Refinement for the Fading Twilight.
    • A Muddy Bizarre Adventure
      • "For reasons unknown, some dark mud-like substance has come pouring out of the caverns and mines of The Chasm. Help a Sumeru researcher deal with the crisis."
      • Use Hosseini's Pursina Spikes to deal with the constantly-appearing dark mud and fight monsters that were strengthened through the mud's effects.
        • Attacks from monsters will disable the Spikes, make sure to defend it!
      • Event will progress through different stages, and the Spikes' functions and challenge objectives will also change, such as escorting a hot air balloon.
      • In the final phase you will have to defeat monsters and clear the dark mud to reach a high score.
        • Powerful opponents worth more points may appear.
      • Possible Rewards
        • Primogems
        • Mystic Enhancement Ore
        • Mora
        • Talent Level-Up Materials
    • The Almighty Arataki Great and Glorious Drumalong Festival
      • "You have received a letter of most formal invitation from the Arataki Gang. It seems that Itto is inviting his friends to some kind of festive outing... So why not open it up?"
      • Rhythm game event. Works just like the last two.
      • There are at least 7 different songs that you can play.
      • Three difficulties available: Normal, Hard, Pro.
      • Has a new feature: Lag Calibration Function.
        • Allows the player to adjust the "decision line" to set it to their preferred input timing.
        • You can also adjust volume and speed of the notes.
      • Has a beatmap editor.
        • Allows the player to create custom beatmaps and share them.
        • You must reach the Discantus Rank (90% completion rate) on your beatmap before you are allowed to share it.
      • "Special gifts and messages" will be left the festival.
      • Possible Rewards
        • Primogems
        • Mystic Enhancement Ore
        • Mora
        • Arataki's Great and Glorious Drum
          • New item. Likely a Gadget to play on after the event, similar to Floral Zither and Windsong Lyre.
    • Core of the Apparatus
      • "A toy merchant from Fontaine created a device that can create toys and furnishings as long as the right materials are inserted into it. Help him gather the materials with which to make some test products."
      • Using a new time-limited Gadget; Material Collector, you have to collect various materials in three processes to build a toy robot.
        • First process is Source Material Collection.
        • Second process is Elemental Charge.
        • Third process is Core Activation.
      • Completing all three processes will produce a robot furnishing that can be placed in the Serenitea Pot.
        • There are 20 possible robot types that can be produced, determined by what you do during the three processes.
      • Can only claim a max of 4 robots. Yet another f*cking stupid design choice.
      • If you were unable to produce the model you wanted, you can Trade models with Friends.
      • Possible Rewards
        • Primogems
        • Mystic Enhancement Ore
        • Mora
        • Character EXP materials
  • Miscellaneous Changes and Additions
    • Challenge Features tips.
      • Contains suggestions on how the player can approach a domain and information about that domain.
      • Should help players prepare and choose the right characters before entering the domain.
    • Talent Priority Recommendations and Artifact Attribute Reference
      • Shows Talent priority and Artifact attribute recommendations based on data from active players.
      • Will be useful to get an idea of how to build a character (or, rather, how most people build their character) without looking up guides.
    • Millelith's Watch OST Coming Soon
      • Three discs, featuring 41 tracks of The Chasm.
    • Official Genshin Impact Funko Pop! Collaboration
      • Aether, Lumine, Paimon coming soon.
      • More characters are under revision
        • Examples include: Keqing, Hilichurl, Diluc
Edited by WildBrick142
added 2 other unknown songs + another party rule in perilous trail, thanks to the official trailer
  • Like 2

Annoying that they put that bow in an event that I won't be doing but there you go... Robot event seems like it could be okay. Drum event is already giving me nightmares with my ineptness at rythmn games. I am probably one of the few people who can manage to fail at the current Spices event. *sigh*

Yelan's playstyle seems a bit unusual, so she should be interesting to play. I was kinda hoping they would run Kuki on Yelan's banner like they did with Yun Jin and Shenhe, running her with Itto makes her high-risk because I don't want Itto.

Character building tips seems useful for people like me who prefer tips over guides when it comes to character building. That domain challenge thing seemed to indicate higher level rewards, or did I misread something there?

New story and archon quests is good though. Ultimately it's all something to look forward to and all less than 2 weeks away.

• Like 1

WildBrick142

updated my post with 2 previously-unknown songs (for azhdaha & zhongli and raiden shogun), and added one more perilous trail party rule for an unknown domain, thanks to the footage in the official trailer

1 hour ago, LeeC22 said:

Annoying that they put that bow in an event that I won't be doing but there you go... Robot event seems like it could be okay. Drum event is already giving me nightmares with my ineptness at rythmn games. I am probably one of the few people who can manage to fail at the current Spices event. *sigh*

Yelan's playstyle seems a bit unusual, so she should be interesting to play. I was kinda hoping they would run Kuki on Yelan's banner like they did with Yun Jin and Shenhe, running her with Itto makes her high-risk because I don't want Itto.

Character building tips seems useful for people like me who prefer tips over guides when it comes to character building. That domain challenge thing seemed to indicate higher level rewards, or did I misread something there?

New story and archon quests is good though. Ultimately it's all something to look forward to and all less than 2 weeks away.

they said in the livestream that you can slow down the music speed, so that should hopefully make it easier.

yelan does look pretty fun to play, her E skill making her move rapidly kinda reminds me of sayu's E skill in a way so i'm definitely looking forward to see if it's any good for exploration.

the domain challenge thing is just a short description of hints. doesn't seem to affect the rewards, it's just a way to let players know how they can approach the domain or find the most optimal team. in the livestream they used "the lost valley" as an example, which recommends that you take characters with low skill cooldowns to make use of the domain's ley line disorder ("When characters use Elemental Skills, a shockwave will be unleashed, dealing True Damage.")

unknown.png

• Like 2

WildBrick142

Version 2.7 Preview Page has went live - Click Here!

Sharing or ("sharing") the page will reward you with some Mora. Note, the page MUST be opened through the link in the in-game mail notice.

• 1000x mora_small.png Mora (In-Game Mail Notice)
  • 20000x mora_small.png Mora (Sharing the page)

Clean cover artwork for wallpaper use (1920x1080):

hiddendreamsinthedepthscover.png

• Like 1

Tails Prower

I am sure everyone is probably up to date but looks like I'll be having to play Arrataki Itto's Story Chapter in order to have the fulll story chapter event for The Chasm available for the update:

III. New Events

During the event, go to The Chasm and investigate the mysteries of the depths. Complete various challenges in the event to obtain rewards like Primogems, Crown of Insight, Weapon Ascension Materials, Talent Level-Up Materials, Mystic Enhancement Ore, Hero's Wit, and Mora. Complete specific "Realms of Guile and War" to obtain the event-exclusive weapon "Fading Twilight" (Bow) and its Refinement Material.

〓Event Duration〓

format,png

〓Eligibility〓

Reach Adventure Rank 28 or above

Complete the Archon Quest "A New Star Approaches" and World Quest "Wherefore Did the Spiritstone Descend?"

Complete Arataki Itto's Story Quest "Taurus Iracundus Chapter: Act I," Raiden Shogun's Story Quest "Imperatrix Umbrosa Chapter: Act II," and World Quest "A Teapot to Call Home: Part I" to enhance your experience.

*If you have not completed Arataki Itto's Story Quest, Raiden Shogun's Story Quest, and World Quest "A Teapot to Call Home: Part I," you can enter the event through "Quick Start" in the event page.

*During the event, Archon Quest Interlude Chapter: Act II will unlock with the event phases of "Perilous Trail." A new phase will be unlocked each day in the first 3 days of the event. Reach the corresponding Adventure Rank and complete the prerequisite quests to enjoy the story of the Archon Quest Interlude Chapter: Act II "Perilous Trail" in the event.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tails Prower said:

I am sure everyone is probably up to date but looks like I'll be having to play Arrataki Itto's Story Chapter in order to have the fulll story chapter event for The Chasm available for the update:

Is it likely they will have that new "Quick Start" option in place for it? I'm up to date on both of my accounts apart from one hangout but I got the impression that they added that to allow people to bypass story quest requirements for some things.

you can enter the event through "Quick Start" in the event page.

I guess that answers my own question. :blush:

Edited by LeeC22
  • Like 1

Something occurred to me tonight that I hadn't really considered. With Yelan just a few days away, I was thinking about what she might need for levelling/ascension etc... I had caught a glimpse in an image that she would need drops from the ruin serpent, which was pretty much a given anyway. The problem I see is that Yelan is Hydro, which means she will need Varunada Lazurite, which isn't dropped by the Ruin Serpent. So this means you're going to need to farm the ruin serpent for one set of materials for one half of her drops and another boss for the rest. I don't remember seeing this before with a character, I mean Ayaka uses drops from the PMA but that also drops the gems she uses. It's bad enough when you're having to farm a single 40-resin boss but two is really pushing it.

I suspect that most people won't have a problem with it because they farm the weekly bosses but for myself, who is really finding the character building (and domain combat) aspect to be a major negative factor, it isn't great. I know you can use that dust to convert other gems but you can only get that in one place and it's easy to get into the situation where you just can't buy anymore if you run out of stardust... and I have run out of stardust. I never pre-farm for characters because I hate farming for characters and the last thing I want is to pre-farm and then not get the character.

So I have more fates than I have ever had in the game before (it will be 158 by the time she drops with 30 pity) and this bombshell drops just days away from her arrival... I can't lie, this has thrown a wet towel over it all. It makes me wonder if the difficulty reduction on some of the world bosses at WL 3 - 6 isn't connected to this, because one of the bosses is Oceanid. I used to hate Oceanid until Ganyu arrived but as I am at WL 4 & 5 on my accounts, if I have to farm it, it won't be quite so bad.

Edit: It seems my concerns were too heavily influenced by my main account where I had levelled several characters into the mid - high 80's and used lots of gems/dust to get them there. My second account is well stocked with gems because of not taking chars through their final ascencion and I have 618 Dust in there.

Edited by LeeC22
  • Like 1

A tale of mixed fortune today for me. Lost the 50/50 on my main account to Diluc, so that's another benched 5* on that account... why couldn't it have been Jean? Won the 50/50 on my second account, so it ultimately worked out pretty well. Yelan is using 2pc Milileth (sorry Barbara) and 2pc EoSF, probably not ideal but they'll do. Only bow I had was the Favonius (sorry Aloy). Spent the morning with the Ruin Serpent getting her to lvl70 and I will get her to lvl80 this afternoon so she can go out in the field. Got Yanfei to C6 on both accounts so that was good as I really enjoy using her.

How did everyone else do?

Edited by LeeC22
  • Like 1

Tails Prower

Well I lost my 50/50 on both weapon and character banners, kinda gutted.

Got Diluc for my 5 star and Primorial Jade Cutter for the 5 star weapon so I will have to collect up Primogems agaim over next 3 weeks and make a last minute pull for Yelan.

Hopefully my FTP account will hae better luck on the 50/50, I'll be streaming that later!

EDIT: Just saw your post @LeeC22, we both got the same five star on our 50/50 loss....

Edited by Tails Prower

11 minutes ago, Tails Prower said:

Well I lost my 50/50 on both weapon and character banners, kinda gutted.

Got Diluc for my 5 star and Primorial Jade Cutter for the 5 star weapon so I will have to collect up Primogems agaim over next 3 weeks and make a last minute pull for Yelan.

Hopefully my FTP account will hae better luck on the 50/50, I'll be streaming that later!

Isn't it weird how people seem to lose the 50/50 to the same characters? Definitely sucks and I would like to see a change (that will never happen) of it letting you pick the standard 5* if you lose the 50/50. Those standard ones are already a pain to get because of blue fate rarity, so it would be nice to have a better chance of getting one you want. I know that isn't how Gacha works though but one can hope eh?

Fingers crossed for your F2P account... I still have to decide what to do on my main account, I'd wait for Kuki but she's a 4*, but as I have just lost the 50/50 I might be able to get a few pulls on the Itto banner without getting him. I know it's not wise to do that but I got Fischl on the Klee banner when I didn't want Klee, so it might be worth the risk.

Edit: @Tails Prower I didn't want to hit the like button on your post because I thought it would have been the wrong response. It's hard to know what to pick in those situations. :(

Edited by LeeC22

Tails Prower
52 minutes ago, LeeC22 said:

Isn't it weird how people seem to lose the 50/50 to the same characters? Definitely sucks and I would like to see a change (that will never happen) of it letting you pick the standard 5* if you lose the 50/50. Those standard ones are already a pain to get because of blue fate rarity, so it would be nice to have a better chance of getting one you want. I know that isn't how Gacha works though but one can hope eh?

Fingers crossed for your F2P account... I still have to decide what to do on my main account, I'd wait for Kuki but she's a 4*, but as I have just lost the 50/50 I might be able to get a few pulls on the Itto banner without getting him. I know it's not wise to do that but I got Fischl on the Klee banner when I didn't want Klee, so it might be worth the risk.

Edit: @Tails Prower I didn't want to hit the like button on your post because I thought it would have been the wrong response. It's hard to know what to pick in those situations. :(

Yeah it is an interesting co-incidence, the odds are probably quite high I suppose given the number of standard 5 stars.

There may well be a change to the standard banner coming up in 3.0 if the rumors are correct but that is still awhile away and since it borders on speculation that's all I'm gonna say there till the official stream.

Hopefully I am successful on my FTP, I will find out after my college classes today and no worries about not hitting the Like button, I understand what you mean that it can sometimes be taken the wrong way but I have no issues about that, I would understand the reason you liked it!

Since my main is a pay account and I have only about 10 pulls to go to get that guarantee on Yelan I'll probably buy 1 lot of Genesis Crystals and get her later this afternoon but equally I might just wait, I shall decide before the end of the day.

Tails Prower

Well sorry for the double post but it's a sad me tonight.....

I lost both my 50/50's so no Yelan for me.

Thankfully I think I can still obtain her!

With now having the guarantee and Spiral Abyss reset coming up and saving the Spices from the West event rewards I will have at least 30 pulls by the end of the week and with the new event being live that will probably contribute to a fourth plus the shop primogems and Blessing of the Welkin Moon will make at least 50 pulls if not closer to 60 so it will be a little while but she will come home on both accounts.

I am gonna be skint for Yoimiya tho and back to 50/50 with no guarantee, I feel like I'm gonna miss her once again....

34 minutes ago, Tails Prower said:

Well sorry for the double post but it's a sad me tonight.....

I lost both my 50/50's so no Yelan for me.

Thankfully I think I can still obtain her!

With now having the guarantee and Spiral Abyss reset coming up and saving the Spices from the West event rewards I will have at least 30 pulls by the end of the week and with the new event being live that will probably contribute to a fourth plus the shop primogems and Blessing of the Welkin Moon will make at least 50 pulls if not closer to 60 so it will be a little while but she will come home on both accounts.

I am gonna be skint for Yoimiya tho and back to 50/50 with no guarantee, I feel like I'm gonna miss her once again....

That's a hefty dose of bad luck to lose it on both accounts, I had the same thing on the Ganyu banner so I know it's a painful end to the day.

This first event seems to hand out more primos for completing the difficulty level above the easiest, so if you've got decent builds then you should be able to get them. I struggled with the easy primos so I won't be going for the others.  Let's hope you can get a decent haul from the events in the next 3 weeks.

I submitted a bug report for the free Fading Twilight bow tonight but I have a feeling it's going to come back as a "by design" thing. It seems to have a permanent boost, which is fine except that it displays the boost effect all the time over the player... even when you are taking photographs. It seems like a decent bow but that effect is going to drive me nuts.

So Yoimiya is coming back? When is that banner due?

Edited by LeeC22

Tails Prower
10 hours ago, LeeC22 said:

That's a hefty dose of bad luck to lose it on both accounts, I had the same thing on the Ganyu banner so I know it's a painful end to the day.

This first event seems to hand out more primos for completing the difficulty level above the easiest, so if you've got decent builds then you should be able to get them. I struggled with the easy primos so I won't be going for the others.  Let's hope you can get a decent haul from the events in the next 3 weeks.

I submitted a bug report for the free Fading Twilight bow tonight but I have a feeling it's going to come back as a "by design" thing. It seems to have a permanent boost, which is fine except that it displays the boost effect all the time over the player... even when you are taking photographs. It seems like a decent bow but that effect is going to drive me nuts.

So Yoimiya is coming back? When is that banner due?

Yeah it is, it hurt my emotions a bit because the exact same thing happened with Yoimiya on both accounts on her first run.

The 'speculation' is that she will be rerun in 2.8 (so next update basically), it creates me a huge problem because I really want to have guarantee so the sensible option would be to sacrifice Yelan and just keep the wish guarantee for Yoimiya but I feel the 50/50 luck has to go better next time.

There are several weapons that do that, I know if you have Serpent Spine equipped it will show daggers around the character to show your stack is active but it would be nice if you could hide it for photo's rather than having to switch weapons each time.

If you ever want to know what it's like to be a bad player in this game, here's an amusing story. I have been farming leylines a lot recently and they've tended to be in the same area, so I got to know the enemies pretty well. I ended up at the tip of Brightcrown Canyon tonight, somewhere I don't normally get to. Now consider that I am going into this with lvl85+ characters, with lvl85+ weapons and I am AR50 but only on WL5. Turns out the last two enemies in this leyline were a pair of Pyro Abyss mages.

Aloy is throwing everything she has at them and it was pretty much bouncing off their shields while they were laughing. Raiden is throwing bursts, skills and angry noises at them and occasionally their shields went down a small amount. Noelle steps up from time to time and knocks a decent amount off the shields. My final member, my newly C6'd Yanfei... is saying "Helloooo... why am I here?" and franticly dodging anything coming her way. It took me several minutes to take down these two mages.

I come out of situations like this with fairly equal levels of anger and amusement. I see people destroying higher-level things in seconds with lower-level Raidens than I have and the sad thing is, I have nothing to make her stronger. She has 218% (I thought this was way higher than this) ER and an R5 Catch that is seemingly made from Balsa wood. Had I known what the enemy was going to be, then I would have taken Kokomi in and she would have dealt with them herself because she's probably the best built character I have, she is my only lvl90 character because she's the only one that can keep my teams alive.

So I guess the moral of the story is, know your enemy... and don't send your strongest pyro character into battle against pyro abyss mages. I can hear Yae Miko laughing all the way from my other account and Kokomi sniggering from behind the "Strategy for noobs" book she probably found in my inventory. :D

Edited by LeeC22
  • Like 1

Tails Prower

I know that feeling very well.

Sometimes Abyss Mages just like to be the 'Weh-he-he' super tough mode on their shields, sometimes they seem to bresk like confetti and other times it's like pulling teeth to get them to go 'Blegh' onto the ground.

As you say it's probably Kokomi's moment of sniggering at you in the background because she wasn't there., more often than not my scenario for this is with the Lavachurl's we have a pretty difficultl relationshoip since they always like to go do their ''zoom' charge just as I'm lining up to break the shield and bam instant one shot death because I can't dodge it in time...

8 hours ago, Tails Prower said:

As you say it's probably Kokomi's moment of sniggering at you in the background because she wasn't there., more often than not my scenario for this is with the Lavachurl's we have a pretty difficultl relationshoip since they always like to go do their ''zoom' charge just as I'm lining up to break the shield and bam instant one shot death because I can't dodge it in time...

Man, them Lawachurls always seem to give me a good kicking and this latest event kept throwing them at me. I hate that charge move and sometimes they do a charge immediately followed by a slam. That's when I need my protector Noelle to save the day and the game very kindly gave her to me enough times to get her to C6, so I was happy with that.

The game also decided to give me the same leylines again today, so I decided some payback was in order. I sent Aloy and Raiden in again, only this time Kokomi and Childe were providing moral support. Needless to say, there was very little laughing from the Abyss mages tonight. :D

Had to force myself to do more rounds of this latest event to try and earn some primos back, plus get some refinements for the bow I probably won't use.... but it's free so... why not. Only the lowest difficulty mind you.

I won't mention anything about the content of this patch because I don't know how much other people have done of it. I am imposing my own timegating on things to prevent me from going through it all too quickly but I am massively impressed with what I have played so far.

What is it with this game and Diluc at the moment? Does it go through phases where it just gives the same standard 5* to everyone? Not long ago everything was Qiqi but I lost 50/50 on my main to Diluc on the current baner, then today I decided to do a 10 pull on my second account... I was only on 3 pity so what's the worst that could happen... well Diluc happened, which I guess is very good in one way. Every site I go on there seems to be brand-new Diluc havers everywhere though, it's all very strange.

Edit: That wasn't meant to be a rant but it sounds like one... I was just amused by how everyone seems to be getting Diluc instead of Qiqi.. I just want Jean.

Edited by LeeC22
  • Like 1

Tails Prower
On 6/8/2022 at 12:53 PM, LeeC22 said:

What is it with this game and Diluc at the moment? Does it go through phases where it just gives the same standard 5* to everyone? Not long ago everything was Qiqi but I lost 50/50 on my main to Diluc on the current baner, then today I decided to do a 10 pull on my second account... I was only on 3 pity so what's the worst that could happen... well Diluc happened, which I guess is very good in one way. Every site I go on there seems to be brand-new Diluc havers everywhere though, it's all very strange.

Edit: That wasn't meant to be a rant but it sounds like one... I was just amused by how everyone seems to be getting Diluc instead of Qiqi.. I just want Jean.

Possibly is a cycle to it though I think just co-incidence, I had Diluc on my main and Jean on my second so it shows it can vary.

Very good going on the 3 pity so what I would suggest you do is hold your guarantee now for when you want your next 5 star or a constellation, that way you'll be guaranteed the character/constellation.

As for me my 'woe' is 'woe' I am on 78/90 pity so far and still no Yelan on my main haven't tried on my FTP account saving that for the last possible day to try so hopefully she 'pop's in the next 10 pull and I really hope I have your luck with my 50/50 on Yoimiya, that would make the pain of this update a lot less bitter...

55 minutes ago, Tails Prower said:

Possibly is a cycle to it though I think just co-incidence, I had Diluc on my main and Jean on my second so it shows it can vary.

I am hoping that's going to be the case because I have just hit 75 pity on the standard banner, so it will be interesting to see what that throws out. Maybe I should wish in the hands of Barbatos... or perhaps not.

56 minutes ago, Tails Prower said:

Very good going on the 3 pity so what I would suggest you do is hold your guarantee now for when you want your next 5 star or a constellation, that way you'll be guaranteed the character/constellation.

Yeah, that dropped really fortunate. because I had 136 fates at that point, so it's created a nice safety net. The problem I've got is that as much as I wanted Yoimiya, I am not sure I need another pyro archer. I know she's more powerful than Amber but I don't really need power because of how I play. So just as I went for Yae even though I had Lisa, Yae provided a very different playstyle, which is more important. Amber has Baron Bunny, so that gives her an interesting twist that I don't know if Yoimiya can provide, maybe a bit of research is due on that score. I've come to accept that my characters are always going to be poorly built, so them being different (fun even) to play now carries a higher priority. Or they provide a weapon/element combo I don't have yet, like Kuki because I don't have an electro sword user.

I mean I spotted a name and some info about an upcoming character that caught my eye, so maybe I will just go into banner skip mode again for a patch or two.

57 minutes ago, Tails Prower said:

As for me my 'woe' is 'woe' I am on 78/90 pity so far and still no Yelan on my main haven't tried on my FTP account saving that for the last possible day to try so hopefully she 'pop's in the next 10 pull and I really hope I have your luck with my 50/50 on Yoimiya, that would make the pain of this update a lot less bitter...

I would hate to think what your fortune slip would say from the Narukami shrine... I can't believe you're having such bad luck on this banner... it has to change soon. You must be within touching distance on 78 though, it surely can't be so cruel as to push you all the way. You just have to hope this is the unlucky calm before the storm of good luck... Maybe offering some sacrificial pigeons to Barbatos might help, I am sure Timmie will understand. :D