2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

Genshin Impact (PC, Mobile, PS4, PS5)

Tails Prower

Well some minor news from my own Genshin game.

Cleared 12-1 and 12-2 of Spiral Abyss now so just floor 12-3 to get the final Genshin trophies on PS4/5.

There's mora on offer if you view the 2.5 preview page and share it. Only condition i think is has to be viewed on PC game/Ps to recieve the rewards.

EDIT: One could not let the trophy for clearing Floor 12 of Spiral Abyss slip my grasp again so I finally managed to achieve the hardest trophy in game.

Not 3 star quality for sure but that will get better as I finish off the talents that are left to upskill...

@WildBrick142 Any ideea if Mihoyo have these published without the share barcode scan on the picture as would like to get the image but not have the barcode on my desktop at the same time...

When the Sakura Bloom - Version 2:5 Preview Page

https://webstatic-sea.mihoyo.com/ys/event/e20220207-previ/index.html?utm_source=share&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=web&mhy_presentation_style=fullscreen&mhy_landscape=true&game_biz=hk4e_global

Edited by Tails Prower
Added some new info.
  • Like 1

New Web Event: Kitsune's Leisurely Stroll Around Hanamizaka

https://webstatic-sea.mihoyo.com/ys/event/e20220211bac/index.html?game_biz=hk4e_global&mhy_presentation_style=fullscreen&mhy_auth_required=true&mhy_landscape=true&utm_source=hoyolab&utm_medium=post

Very short (takes 3 or so minutes), simply to introduce Yae Miko.

Total rewards:

• 40x primogem_small.png Primogem
  • 20000x mora_small.png Mora
  • 2x icon_mystic_ore.png Mystic Enhancement Ore
  • 2x electro_gem_2.png Vajrada Amethyst Fragment

On 2/7/2022 at 11:57 PM, Tails Prower said:

@WildBrick142 Any ideea if Mihoyo have these published without the share barcode scan on the picture as would like to get the image but not have the barcode on my desktop at the same time...

When the Sakura Bloom - Version 2:5 Preview Page

https://webstatic-sea.mihoyo.com/ys/event/e20220207-previ/index.html?utm_source=share&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=web&mhy_presentation_style=fullscreen&mhy_landscape=true&game_biz=hk4e_global

unfortunately not. this is the highest quality image i could find, 1200x675

e6c854ed5f7eb966eb04aa90b8615492_5770473

i'm hoping they will use it as the launcher background but even then it's going to be 1280x730 so not that much of an improvement

EDIT: nevermind, i managed to extract it from the webpage - and without the logo as a bonus. 1920x1080

images-ps_bg.png

EDIT2: also here's one from the Yae's web event

kitsunes_leisurely_stroll_around_hanamiz

Edited by WildBrick142
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, WildBrick142 said:

New Web Event: Kitsune's Leisurely Stroll Around Hanamizaka

https://webstatic-sea.mihoyo.com/ys/event/e20220211bac/index.html?game_biz=hk4e_global&mhy_presentation_style=fullscreen&mhy_auth_required=true&mhy_landscape=true&utm_source=hoyolab&utm_medium=post

Very short (takes 3 or so minutes), simply to introduce Yae Miko.

Total rewards:

• 40x primogem_small.png Primogem
  • 20000x mora_small.png Mora
  • 2x icon_mystic_ore.png Mystic Enhancement Ore
  • 2x electro_gem_2.png Vajrada Amethyst Fragment

unfortunately not. this is the highest quality image i could find, 1200x675

e6c854ed5f7eb966eb04aa90b8615492_5770473

i'm hoping they will use it as the launcher background but even then it's going to be 1280x730 so not that much of an improvement

EDIT: nevermind, i managed to extract it from the webpage - and without the logo as a bonus. 1920x1080

images-ps_bg.png

EDIT2: also here's one from the Yae's web event

kitsunes_leisurely_stroll_around_hanamiz

Thank you! The plan is to use that as my thumbnail banner plan for next week's 2.5 update stream getitng Yae Miko and the update in general.

• Like 1

Well this moment is one of intense 'disbelief'.

I have sat on my FTP since January when I won Xiao on 50/50 for the third tme so today was rhe first pulls since that banner ended with my most of my Primogems saved and well this happened on the first ten pull.

Well I do not know what to say...when your FTP account gets all the 50/50 luck, this is the 4th Banner character I didn't have on that account that I tried one 10 pull and welll...Lucky Miku won the day...

This surely means the great QiQi will upset the FTP party on Wednesday....

Edited by Tails Prower
  • Like 1

Interesting to see Fischl as one of the rate-up 4* chars, I don't remember seeing her on a banner since I started playing in 1.6 when she was on the Klee banner. If the game is going to give me 4* characters, I hope it gives me her instead of Thoma or Diona. I don't have Thoma and don't want him, I already have Diona as one of the level 20 gang and she won't be going any higher than that.

Should be an interesting day tomorrow all things considered, seems like quite a healthy update.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, LeeC22 said:

Interesting to see Fischl as one of the rate-up 4* chars, I don't remember seeing her on a banner since I started playing in 1.6 when she was on the Klee banner. If the game is going to give me 4* characters, I hope it gives me her instead of Thoma or Diona. I don't have Thoma and don't want him, I already have Diona as one of the level 20 gang and she won't be going any higher than that.

Should be an interesting day tomorrow all things considered, seems like quite a healthy update.

Yes I think it will be quite a nice update.

I have my plan in place for doing a livestream when the servers go back up (3am ish for me in UK) to have the nice feeling of my guaranteed Yae Miko in the first hour of the update as I want to see/try her out first hand with the items I've prepared before I start getting Youtube notifications/articles about her.

Will only be able to level her to 80 as only enough of her boss materials for that plus for Level 7/8 talents I'll need to catch up with Raiden Shogun's story quest.

Only thing that's gonna be random here is trying to get her weapon so I shall try for that first.

It is good to see Fischl in the banner, hopefully my FTP account will get her a couple of times so I can finish her constellations this update.

• Like 2

My second account is going to hit the required pity but it's still 50/50 which is a concern, my main acc is still about 20 wishes short at least (and also 50/50) so I am not guaranteed Yae on any account unfortunately. I am currently forcing myself to do hangouts to boost fate counts.

I am getting really disillusioned with my main acc though because it's full of decent characters that are so underpowered it's making me hate using them. I don't like reading build guides because I don't want to be railroaded into using the same character builds as everyone else uses, same with team comps but I feel like I am caught in a zero-progress loop where they're not strong enough to get the items they need to get stronger... if that makes sense. I'm at AR50 WL5 to keep normal content manageable but of course that doesn't apply to domains. And I am now forced into domains to try and get artifacts to boost them, but when you fail to even defeat the first two pyro slimes in the Crimson Witch domain in time, you know things are going to get tough very quickly.

So I'm hoping that a new area will break me out of that loop for at least a short while. I don't follow or generally watch any Genshin content on YT beyond Hangout and boss guides, so I tend to remain pretty much spoiler-free when a new character drops thankfully.

Fingers crossed we get at least some sympathy from the RNG gods tomorrow.

Edited by LeeC22
  • Like 1

That's a shame, hopefully the RNG is indeed kind tomorrow but I feel your pain if you don't manage to get her.

My steam is gonna be a little late because it seems my console being logged in but idle didn't auto trigger the update download so I am having to wait which is a teense frustrating.

I know the feeling of disillusionment with the main account, I have been through that road a number of times over the game so far and I too am not someone that goes with the guide builds.

One presumes you are trying to do the higher level domains solo then? If so that's generally not a good idea if your struggling with defeating the monsters, I was of that nature too but the matchmaking experience is reasonable in Genshin, most times if you use it for a domain it will be you join with the other players, even if you die it's accepted, just stay in and claim the rewards at the end then if you want to leave you just exit co-op by pressing L1 and right on Dpad and triangle to leave.

This is the best way to get better gear to make you able to do the solo dungeons and it's always best to try and remember Sands should be ATK (Mostly), Element Goblet and Crit Rate or Crit Damage circlet.

Just my advice in that regaard but it does help make your own build improvements much easier!

• Like 2

I hit gold early on my second account again (48 pity) like last banner... I got that hated character again, like last banner. I got myself back to 68 pity using Starglitter and existing wishes, I had one hangout left to do which got me over the threshold for another wish... which finally got me Yae. My main acc is still short by 10 wishes or so before I see how that turns out. Hope you managed to get her on yours.

My problem is I don't like other players (especially strangers) in my gaming space. So in 47 years of gaming I have only ever played multiplayer once and that was Ridge Racer 6 on the 360. After being a recluse for 10 years, it's even less of an option. I share the house with a bunch of cuddly toys and they're just not very good at gaming unfortunately. I have to do domains solo, it's the only option, which is why I have avoided them for so long.

I just seem to be really unlucky on my main account with artifact drops, seven 5* drops from Ridgewatch the other day and 5 of them were def% main stats, one with all four substats as flat stats. I dumped 9 into the strongbox and got 3 trash, put those 3 back in and got one trash. Yet my second acc got a full set of decent Clam and Husk for kokomi and Noelle in just over a week and then a decent Crimson Witch set in a week. I clear level 90 domains on that account much easier as well, even with lower level characters and weapons. Maybe what I learned from the main acc made me more aware on my alt, so maybe I need to strip everything off my main acc chars and start from scratch with them again.

P.s. I should probably apologise for if my posts seem to be too much complaining, having zero contact with real people for so long has meant I can't express myself in a positive manner properly, I have forgotten how to communicate. I don't want to hinder the discussion so I will try and keep things under wraps as much as I can. :blush: ☹️

Edited by LeeC22
  • Like 2

Don't worry about complaining!

It's a discussion thread and that's all part of gaming  so don't feel like you have to tone it down at all.

That's understandable but at least you have one account your getting good stuff on so I would focus on playing that account, the tides will turn on your main and you'll get some good stuff eventually, it's a depressing process but one my two accounts on the game also share so I understand it all too well.

Take your time with the main account, your always better prepared the second time you do something so that account being better makes sense, just keep playing it as you are and hopefully you will one day have some good luck from the domains re artefacts.

I did get Yae on my main account, the dread meme hit my FTP account so the small 'zombie child' got yeeted off the highest point of the Sakura Tree in Inazuma so the 50/50 streak there is over but at least now everything is prepared so my FTP account will pickup the Raiden Shogun guarantee next time and my main account can save up the Primogems for the rerun banners on the next update so I am happy with how things went today.

Game also really wants me to level Thoma, five constellations, four of him from the same pull and one with QiQi...

• Like 2

As much as I hate losing the 50/50, I do really like how the system works. Yes it sucks to lose it but that guarantee does soften the blow for planning ahead.

I might just stick with Yae only on my alt account, that will give me time to focus on building Ayaka and Raiden better on my main. I might have to bite the bullet and build Bennet as well, to give me a bit more of a fighting chance in some domains... he only does expeditions right now. Maybe I need to split my thinking with Waifu = overworld characters and to utilise the male characters a bit more for the nitty-gritty part of things. I use Childe like that, so it's something I should look into more with others.

Been playing since June last year, today I discovered you can open the character screen during trial runs to see how the characters are equipped. I never even thought of opening that screen in there... the things you learn.

So if anything, today has maybe forced me to refocus, which isn't a bad thing, plus it gave me extra cons for Fischl on both accounts, so that was a definite plus point. I'll have to remember that when I see 3 primogens and zero fates on the screen later. :D

• Like 1

Yeah definetly esp if you are running two accounts.

I like to think of it as having two families in the game so I have different challenges and banter from the team when I play the accounts plus it also spreads the load of levelling characters so I still get to experience a good selection of the team.

I forgot to say I did a Wanderlust Innvocation 10 pull and was rewarded with Diluc on my main whom I've wanted since the game came out so two five stars in one day is good work in my book!

Yeah Bennett is a lifesaver for me in the domains, he's the only male character I have actually levelled up but his burst and health regen are very much life savers when doing some domains.

The character select screen is indeed useful for finding out build info but they are not always optimal so just keep that in mind, e.g they've put Yae on Nobilee Obilege when ideally Thundering Fury is best etc.

Refocus is always good as are constitutions, just a shame 5 stars are so expensive in that regard but as long as they keep rerunning characters we will get to whale levels eventually!

• Like 2

Well it's time for the 'update' on my Yae Miko.

To say the results of my 'spend' have been 'awesome' is an incredible understatement, I have had the most 'gifted' luck I think I have seen when I watch people's 'stream's' pulling for the new character.

Won Yae Miko on her first day with 'guarantee' 16/2/2022.

As of writing this right now she is C5 so yes you read correctly that I have pulled her 6 times in a row and the 'beauty' is I believe I have guarantee for that last constellation next week since this happened in today's wish pulls.

In terms of the budget I set for this I have saved overall by the incredible luck of the 5 50/50 wins as I was not expecting this at all!

Hopefully not too much 'jealously' as I was seriously thinking that I shouldn't do this but it has worked 'out' and my financial budget for this month is releived!

I'm not gonna do this again tho, every other five star I will just try for constellations over time!

• Like 1

Maiden Beloved: 2 Piece: Character Healing Effectiveness +15%

Ocean-Hued Clam : 2 Piece: Healing Bonus +15%.

Does Maiden Beloved increase the amount of healing received by 15% or given-out by 15%? I understand OHC because Kokomi has those.

I have been farming VV out of boredom and it keeps giving me MB artifacts so I was going to throw them onto Barbara (who I don't use on my second acc) just to make use of them. It's confusing though because the 4-piece MB bonus seems to imply that it increases the amount of healing given-out to all party members and if that's the case, then I don't understand how the 2-piece bonus is meant to work. Applying a healing bonus just to the character doing the healing seems rather odd.

Edited by LeeC22
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, LeeC22 said:

Maiden Beloved: 2 Piece: Character Healing Effectiveness +15%

Ocean-Hued Clam : 2 Piece: Healing Bonus +15%.

Does Maiden Beloved increase the amount of healing received by 15% or given-out by 15%? I understand OHC because Kokomi has those.

I have been farming VV out of boredom and it keeps giving me MB artifacts so I was going to throw them onto Barbara (who I don't use on my second acc) just to make use of them. It's confusing though because the 4-piece MB bonus seems to imply that it increases the amount of healing given-out to all party members and if that's the case, then I don't understand how the 2-piece bonus is meant to work. Applying a healing bonus just to the character doing the healing seems rather odd.

That would be a slight typo in the descriptor for the set that has never been mentioned to the developers.

The correct wording should be Healing Bonus +15%.

So basically if you equip that on Barbara she will give an additional 15% healing when you have Let the Show Begin in operation so basically you dish out more health recovery with the 2 piece set and more with the 4 piece when used Elemental Burst or Skill.

Tis why a lot of people combine the 4 piece set with the weapon Prototype Amber which of course increases HP for the bearer so this way Barbara can give out the maximum amount of healing.

Of course the set is slightly redudant now thanks to Ocean Hued Clam as most have now switched their characters onto that but if she's spare and you have a good set you might as well use them, it still works very well in game.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Tails Prower said:

Tis why a lot of people combine the 4 piece set with the weapon Prototype Amber which of course increases HP for the bearer so this way Barbara can give out the maximum amount of healing.

Of course the set is slightly redudant now thanks to Ocean Hued Clam as most have now switched their characters onto that but if she's spare and you have a good set you might as well use them, it still works very well in game.

Because I play at such a casual level, I try to add novelty value with some self-imposed rules/restrictions. No two characters are allowed to use the same weapon for instance and I thought about trying to extend that to alternate artifact sets using the spares I build up. So I have Kokomi with a full OHC set and prototype amber, so I am just creating an alternate healer build for Barbara.

Even though I don't use all of my characters, I try to equip them all with things that make sense for them to have. I do build a lot of characters though because my mentality comes from old-school AD&D where every character is built to a level where they can hold their own on the field, despite their role in the team. I always think "If they were the only survivor and had to hold out for help to arrive, what would they need to be able to do that?". I know we have revival foods but I try to imagine they don't exist in such a convenient way. So I might hold out on using that food for a while, just to create a situation where I am at a theoretical disadvantage, to put the pressure on the surviving characters.

My characters are typically overbuilt for the AR and WL I am at but I like to take new chars onto the field early, just so I can get to use them quicker. They might die a few times but they have to learn somehow. :D

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LeeC22 said:

Because I play at such a casual level, I try to add novelty value with some self-imposed rules/restrictions. No two characters are allowed to use the same weapon for instance and I thought about trying to extend that to alternate artifact sets using the spares I build up. So I have Kokomi with a full OHC set and prototype amber, so I am just creating an alternate healer build for Barbara.

Even though I don't use all of my characters, I try to equip them all with things that make sense for them to have. I do build a lot of characters though because my mentality comes from old-school AD&D where every character is built to a level where they can hold their own on the field, despite their role in the team. I always think "If they were the only survivor and had to hold out for help to arrive, what would they need to be able to do that?". I know we have revival foods but I try to imagine they don't exist in such a convenient way. So I might hold out on using that food for a while, just to create a situation where I am at a theoretical disadvantage, to put the pressure on the surviving characters.

My characters are typically overbuilt for the AR and WL I am at but I like to take new chars onto the field early, just so I can get to use them quicker. They might die a few times but they have to learn somehow. :D

Favonius Codex is the other good one if you like something different or you could always switch the weapons around as the new one from Threem Realms Gateway offering is pretty good for either of them if you want ATK power.

That reminds me of a story from recent where I was doing the Weekly Requests on Inazuma and the one with the Lavachurl//Samachurl which gives him health regen came up so I went to the battle and got stomp kicked since it was my first time running Ayaka in the team, knowing this and a little frustrated I proceeded to continue the battle with Amber being next to get stomped on so I was down to Kokomi and Eula and of course I was stubborn thinking you know what I am NOT gonna kill the samachurl like the game wants so I kept reviving the characters with Kokomi and it took about 45 minutes but eventually I wore him down enough that he died and then the Samachurl kinda bugged out for a few seconds so Eula's elemental skill sent him flying in the air to his untimely demise.

I actually very rarely have to use food due to the op nature of my builds but I understand that thinking, it's certainly a good way to learn the character and their abilities and when to use them.

Edited by Tails Prower
  • Like 2

This game can be so infuriating at times and it feels like it is slowly chipping away at my desire to play. I did 4 condensed resin runs of Ceclia Gardens today to ascend Lion's Roar, I did all 4 runs at level 80 despite how much I hate those freaking Hydro Abyss Mages and their stupid bubbles. It gave me 1 gold, 3 silver and the rest were the bottom 2 rarities of the mats. 2 of the runs didn't give me anything above those bottom 2 levels and that's like doing Level 90 aritifact domains and it only giving 3* artifacts.

As someone who spent ther whole life in game dev, I really feel for the creative staff who create the amazing models, animations, landscapes and audio because it is ultimately overshadowed by debilitating reward levels in what is essentially the core gameplay. Maybe this was just my punishment for complaining about exactly this kind of thing in yesterday's survey.

And yet when tomorrow comes around, I'll log in and play on both accounts just like I do every other day. I generally hate games now so this is the only game I play other than a crappy gacha by Nutaku/Superhippo, who take screwing over the playerbase to the absolute extremes.

I guess Genshin really is the absolute definition of a Love-Hate gaming relationship. :D

Edited by LeeC22
Spelling, shouldn't post after a Vodka session. :(
  • Like 2

On 2/26/2022 at 11:58 PM, LeeC22 said:

This game can be so infuriating at times and it feels like it is slowly chipping away at my desire to play. I did 4 condensed resin runs of Ceclia Gardens today to ascend Lion's Roar, I did all 4 runs at level 80 despite how much I hate those freaking Hydro Abyss Mages and their stupid bubbles. It gave me 1 gold, 3 silver and the rest were the bottom 2 rarities of the mats. 2 of the runs didn't give me anything above those bottom 2 levels and that's like doing Level 90 aritifact domains and it only giving 3* artifacts.

As someone who spent ther whole life in game dev, I really feel for the creative staff who create the amazing models, animations, landscapes and audio because it is ultimately overshadowed by debilitating reward levels in what is essentially the core gameplay. Maybe this was just my punishment for complaining about exactly this kind of thing in yesterday's survey.

And yet when tomorrow comes around, I'll log in and play on both accounts just like I do every other day. I generally hate games now so this is the only game I play other than a crappy gacha by Nutaku/Superhippo, who take screwing over the playerbase to the absolute extremes.

I guess Genshin really is the absolute definition of a Love-Hate gaming relationship. :D

Yup it is indeed sometimes a love/hate gaming relationship.

My example of that yesterday was the weekl;y bounties. Even tho I have the max level in all regions I always need cash so it's a good way of getting some quickly but yesterday the Lavachurl with his 'health' regen on the beach of Narakumi Island whom I usually never have problems with decided I am gonna be ultra 'badass' and wiped out Ganyu 6 times!!!

After that he was like back to normal and I could kill him but he just kept doing his stomp dash or whack me up in the air to my death.

I also filled in negative on the dungeon's front so I don't think that you got the poor rewards just for that, I take that to mean they are genuinely asking people's thoughts so maybe something will change in a coming update.

As you say it's a case of love/hate but we still play, at least now I have finally finished all my dungeon related 'fixes' aka getting stuff that makes my characters better so I am gonna chill on that front for a few days and finally finish off the Ekanomiya event.

Edited by Tails Prower
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Tails Prower said:

Yup it is indeed sometimes a love/hate gaming relationship.

My example of that yesterday was the weekl;y bounties. Even tho I have the max level in all regions I always need cash so it's a good way of getting some quickly but yesterday the Lavachurl with his 'health' regen on the beach of Narakumi Island whom I usually never have problems with decided I am gonna be ultra 'badass' and wiped out Ganyu 6 times!!!

After that he was like back to normal and I could kill him but he just kept doing his stomp dash or whack me up in the air to my death.

I also filled in negative on the dungeon's front so I don't think that you got the poor rewards just for that, I take that to mean they are genuinely asking people's thoughts so maybe something will change in a coming update.

As you say it's a case of love/hate but we still play, at least now I have finally finished all my dungeon related 'fixes' aka getting stuff that makes my characters better so I am gonna chill on that front for a few days and finally finish off the Ekanomiya event.

I think my last post was far too Vodka influenced... all kinds of paranoia creeps in when the drink has been flowing, same as in real life really. Last week was also meteoric on the stress scale, so I think I just peaked at the wrong time.

I must confess, having got the rep to max on Inazuma, I just do the middle bounties. If that lavachurl is the thunderhelm one though, they really can be a pain. There's a request that takes place where one normally is and as soon as the request finishes, you suddenly have the lavachurl to deal with as well. But that domain that has the ice lavachurl and cryo abyss mage on the hot/cold tiles (is it Peak of Vindagnyr) causes me so much grief... those slam attacks really hurt bad.

I made a few comments about character levelling in the survey. I told them that I don't think RNG ranges of 0 - x are a good way of working, it should always be 1 - x because getting zero rewards isn't a reward, it's more like a punishment and that's not good to incentivise players. Artifacts I just really want them to work like other multiple-choice domains, where at least you can say "On Monday I know I can do this domain and guarantee to get artifacts from this specific set". I mean, can you imagine if Cecilia Gardens worked like artifact domains and you actually got a random choice from the 3 types available, instead of knowing that the mat you want will definitely appear on a certain day... I think that would be pretty bad. But I also accept that the random artifact drop system might be more popular, because diff'rent strokes and all.

The problem with this type of survey is that for as much as some people dislike how some things work, there are those who like how they work. And if the number of people who like it outnumbers the ones who don't, nothing will change. The problem is that just fuels the "Mhy doesn't listen to the players" fire, which is in fact wrong, they just happen to listen to the group those people are not part of, because the other groups turns out to be the majority opinion. So I think as much as this latest survey looks like it could create an opportunity for change, players have to keep in mind that wanting them to change might not be the most popular opinion. Opposing views can be hell for a developer, I did work on similar types of games to this in the past and it's not easy balancing the content and appeasing both sides of the playerbase-coin at the same time. This latest event is a good example, some people (like myself) thought it was excellent, while others thought it a waste of time. Yet those people probably thought Theatre Mechanicus or that Hyakunin Ikki event was great but I skipped them completely. I don't mind that because ultimately, the game will expand with new places to explore, so there will always be something that satisfies my key reason for playing... until I am no longer here to play of course.

Enjoy the Enkanomiya event.

• Like 2

Ah! That would certainly explain, not an alcholol person myself due to various medical ailments I won't bore you with so I have been a sober person all my life.

Yeah it was the Thunderhelml Lavachurl, I think he must have been high on something yesterday as pain free attempts today as thought I would do those first.

I agree that the survey may produce different outcomes from what we expect it might produce but I think it's good that they at least allow us to say our pieces and hopefully something will come of it.

With regaerd to your idea one of my suggestions was to at least increase the drop rate on domain pieces or develop a code where the game remembers the last piece you got and thinks right this time I'll give him a sands if you got feather etc, I've also asked and suggestd several times they simple improve the reliquerly system where all sets are offerred and if  you offer enough for five pieces you get a full set, ok it might not be the desired stats but at least it would mean you'd have a better chance knowing you were guaranteed a full five piece set and can always reroll the pieces you don't like again to try for another set.

Today will be my example, I have no idea why but I built my Jean thinking she needed HP Sands and Healing Bonus goblet but now I've discovered that doesn't seem to be a requirement for her so I find myself thinking just who exactly does need HP Sands/Healing Bonus (I know the answers in my head of course) but it shows how tricky the artefact system is esp if like ourselves you do your own thing when it comes to builds.

Overall really the game should give us an event or training dungeon where we can actually learn about artefacts thus making better use of our resources etc and not having to rebuild characters every other week  just because you've now found out something wasn't actually useful. that always irks me a little.

For instance my Kaeya is currently on a Nobilse Obilgee set which is fine and seems to work well but he should probably be on Blizzard Slayer which of course is that 'ugh' dungeon you mentioned with the Frost Lavachurl so I can't be bothered to change them.

Still we will see what future updates bring in this regard with artefacts. One day I will have a decent team with builds I don't need to keep changing!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Tails Prower said:

Overall really the game should give us an event or training dungeon where we can actually learn about artefacts thus making better use of our resources etc and not having to rebuild characters every other week  just because you've now found out something wasn't actually useful. that always irks me a little.

That would be really useful, especially seeing as they already have that domain that teaches you about the different elemental reactions, which are a far simpler concept than artifacts. As my earlier post showed, I didn't really understand how the energy system worked and that brought with it a lack of understanding about what ER actually did. EM seems to be something that everyone should have lots of in a game about elements but then you discover that it's actually wasted on some characters, which kinda doesn't make sense.

I sometimes read topics on Reddit and all you see are Crit Rate/Crit DMG and whilst I understand why they say it, I feel like I get railroaded into getting them at the expense of anything else. I now find myself subconsciously focusing on them and I fear that I am going to end up losing out on more creative and flexible builds by conforming to the norm. I keep my WL low to allow me to be more creative but I always end up convinced that my characters are massively underpowered because of it. The only measure of power I have, is that Purveyor of Punishment achievement in the game, which after 8 months of playing, I am barely above 20K on my main account and just above 50K thanks to Eula on my second. But that's chump change compared to the figures you see being banded about by other players. And when you see the constant stream of "But the game is easy even at WL8" comments, you wonder how long you can last by playing the game wrong. I don't find the game easy as it is but I am sat at AR 50, WL 5 with over 500,000 EXP that would force me to AR 58, WL 8 if I ascended. All I would get from that is a painful experience from dying a lot in overly-long fights, which wouldn't be fun.

On a positive note, I just read this post on Reddit about two submerged elemental monoliths which led me to find other chests I hadn't found before. Don't read it if you don't like finding treasures from other people's info of course.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact/comments/t3kp3h/there_are_two_elemental_monuments_present_in/

I also can't believe we're already at the next shop reset, so there's some more wishes to be had. There's some more events due as well I think but I don't think they're ones I'll be doing much with. I might just spend the week farming pointless things I don't need to keep the game at chill level for a while. Maybe go to Seirai Island to terrorise the Spectre population for kicks.

Edited by LeeC22
  • Like 1

Tails Prower

Yeah the whole ER/EM is indeed a topic that could be discussed at length by itself.

I do not still fully understand the whole of it myself but I do tend to ignore the masses and when I go for artefacts I always seem to end up with ones which have ER/EM alongside the Crits so I think that's probably berrer than just having CR/CD.

Since I am at world Level 8 myself I can say that having the types of builds you have is probablhy not as bad as you might think but I would definetly keep with the AR 50/WL5, there is no reason to go for the higher levels unless something requires it which is not the case in game at the moment.

The only times I really die is from those Stonehide Lavachurl's because as long as your weapons/builds are in good order (my characters are only Lvl 80) and +20 artefacts surviving the normal combat is not too difficult.

Yeah Feb is always short month in any game but I'm looking forward to seeing the new shop and yeah the next event is Divine Inginuity, I'll be making a couple of things for that and probably trying the new Sprial Abyss later just to see how my characters are holding up build wise.

• Like 1

As we approach the end of the current banner, I have to say... Yae's turrets = best thing ever. :D

I know people are complaining about the erratic targeting but for those of us who took on Dragonspine with Fischl and Oz, it's nothing new. I have frozen so many times there because Oz put the damned fires out. But those annoying dogs in Liyue on the bridge near the Adventurer's Guild... run down the bridge with Yae, drop three turrets and watch as the bridge empties amidst a cacophany of angry barking.

I'm running an overworld team of Eula, Kokomi, Yae and Ganyu and whilst it's a bitch with anything that needs to burn, like churl shields (which seem to have a 5000% DEF against everything apart from Pyro)... a triangle of turrets with Ganyu's taunt in the middle is fun to watch. She's also good for lazily opening boxes and barrels without running round hitting everything. Top that all off with the satisfying *THUD* as the lightining strikes hit during her ult and it makes her great to play. Well worth the wishes IMO... Her damage might be low but in my teams, everyone's damage seems a bit low, so she fits in nicely. :)

• Like 2

WildBrick142
On 2/16/2022 at 2:52 PM, LeeC22 said:

P.s. I should probably apologise for if my posts seem to be too much complaining, having zero contact with real people for so long has meant I can't express myself in a positive manner properly, I have forgotten how to communicate. I don't want to hinder the discussion so I will try and keep things under wraps as much as I can. :blush: ☹️

nothing wrong with complaining. in fact it's far more valuable and important than being silent or a yes-man towards any decision the devs or corporate might make. as long as you're respectful and constructive (we're all humans after all) there's no problem with saying a feature is sh*t or not working as it should

On 2/24/2022 at 5:01 PM, Tails Prower said:

That reminds me of a story from recent where I was doing the Weekly Requests on Inazuma and the one with the Lavachurl//Samachurl which gives him health regen came up so I went to the battle and got stomp kicked since it was my first time running Ayaka in the team, knowing this and a little frustrated I proceeded to continue the battle with Amber being next to get stomped on so I was down to Kokomi and Eula and of course I was stubborn thinking you know what I am NOT gonna kill the samachurl like the game wants so I kept reviving the characters with Kokomi and it took about 45 minutes but eventually I wore him down enough that he died and then the Samachurl kinda bugged out for a few seconds so Eula's elemental skill sent him flying in the air to his untimely demise.

i always just decimate the thunderhelm lawachurls with ganyu. since the cryo+electro reaction shreds defense and it has a huge head to land crits on, it goes down pretty fast. never takes more than a minute lol

On 2/28/2022 at 1:18 PM, LeeC22 said:

I made a few comments about character levelling in the survey. I told them that I don't think RNG ranges of 0 - x are a good way of working, it should always be 1 - x because getting zero rewards isn't a reward, it's more like a punishment and that's not good to incentivise players. Artifacts I just really want them to work like other multiple-choice domains, where at least you can say "On Monday I know I can do this domain and guarantee to get artifacts from this specific set". I mean, can you imagine if Cecilia Gardens worked like artifact domains and you actually got a random choice from the 3 types available, instead of knowing that the mat you want will definitely appear on a certain day... I think that would be pretty bad. But I also accept that the random artifact drop system might be more popular, because diff'rent strokes and all.

The problem with this type of survey is that for as much as some people dislike how some things work, there are those who like how they work. And if the number of people who like it outnumbers the ones who don't, nothing will change. The problem is that just fuels the "Mhy doesn't listen to the players" fire, which is in fact wrong, they just happen to listen to the group those people are not part of, because the other groups turns out to be the majority opinion. So I think as much as this latest survey looks like it could create an opportunity for change, players have to keep in mind that wanting them to change might not be the most popular opinion. Opposing views can be hell for a developer, I did work on similar types of games to this in the past and it's not easy balancing the content and appeasing both sides of the playerbase-coin at the same time. This latest event is a good example, some people (like myself) thought it was excellent, while others thought it a waste of time. Yet those people probably thought Theatre Mechanicus or that Hyakunin Ikki event was great but I skipped them completely. I don't mind that because ultimately, the game will expand with new places to explore, so there will always be something that satisfies my key reason for playing... until I am no longer here to play of course.

speaking of the surveys i'm glad that "farming artifacts is too boring" and "getting new characters is too expensive" are options in the survey. it shows that mihoyo is aware of those problems and might do something about it in the future. imo the $100 top up should be a guaranteed pity (which is 80-90 (weapon-character) pulls) rather than only halfway towards it ($100 top up only gives you 50 pulls if it's not your first time buying)

On 2/28/2022 at 9:12 PM, LeeC22 said:

I sometimes read topics on Reddit and all you see are Crit Rate/Crit DMG and whilst I understand why they say it, I feel like I get railroaded into getting them at the expense of anything else. I now find myself subconsciously focusing on them and I fear that I am going to end up losing out on more creative and flexible builds by conforming to the norm. I keep my WL low to allow me to be more creative but I always end up convinced that my characters are massively underpowered because of it. The only measure of power I have, is that Purveyor of Punishment achievement in the game, which after 8 months of playing, I am barely above 20K on my main account and just above 50K thanks to Eula on my second. But that's chump change compared to the figures you see being banded about by other players. And when you see the constant stream of "But the game is easy even at WL8" comments, you wonder how long you can last by playing the game wrong.

honestly i wouldn't pay much mind to what others are doing. there used to be a youtube channel i watched, some chinese guy (tony?) who would always post videos of his or his friends' accounts with C6 R5 characters doing millions of damage with all caps hype titles.... i eventually got youtube to stop recommending the channel to me. it's just unhealthy, especially with a game that incentivizes large spending to have better characters. i'd love to have all characters at C6 R5 and do some big damage but not at the cost of risking impulse-buying myself into debt.

also ignore the players who talk how "the game is easy at WL8" or that you're playing the game "wrong". they are known 'meta slaves' who always use whatever character is the absolute best and ignore or even downright sh*t on any character that might go against the meta or have an unique feature to them (kazuha, yoimiya, raiden, kokomi, etc. it's the same for every new character the moment their kits get leaked). reddit especially is a toxic hivemind to avoid, i remember being downvoted to hell and downright insulted by others because i posted how i held off on ascending from AR45 until inazuma release which made me end up with 500k AR EXP overflow.... because god forbid i play a single player game on my own account the way i want to.

personally i have more fun playing how i want to than following what others do to the last of details. you can see it in my most recent abyss run - it was frustrating and i didn't get perfect 36 stars, but i'm also not chained to bennett/xingqiu/mona/venti/etc like everyone else. and it's honestly a lot more fun that way. there is no "wrong" way to play the game, even if you want to harvest ore with bow characters for example it's not impossible. it's a singleplayer sandbox with 47 characters as of this post to pick from. it's your world, and you can do whatever you want in that world.

On 3/1/2022 at 9:16 AM, Tails Prower said:

Since I am at world Level 8 myself I can say that having the types of builds you have is probablhy not as bad as you might think but I would definetly keep with the AR 50/WL5, there is no reason to go for the higher levels unless something requires it which is not the case in game at the moment.

agreed. i'm on AR50 with almost 1 million AR EXP overflow and i have no desire ascending right now. not until mihoyo lets us level characters past 90 or content requiring AR50+ gets added.

i would ascend now, but since there's an automatic world level increase for whatever reason at AR55, i'm really not interested fighting level 90+ enemies in the main map while i'm arbitrarily capped at level 90. i'd prefer a more even playing field where i am level 90 and the enemies are equally level 90.

------------

gonna feel a bit bad making the joke since she's already bullied so hard by the community but.... qiqi really coming in clutch with that 10 wheat for her birthday. was definitely about to run out

unknown.png

honestly one day i'll just build her, she's not even that bad of a character from what im reading

• Like 2

Tails Prower
4 minutes ago, LeeC22 said:

As we approach the end of the current banner, I have to say... Yae's turrets = best thing ever. :D

I know people are complaining about the erratic targeting but for those of us who took on Dragonspine with Fischl and Oz, it's nothing new. I have frozen so many times there because Oz put the damned fires out. But those annoying dogs in Liyue on the bridge near the Adventurer's Guild... run down the bridge with Yae, drop three turrets and watch as the bridge empties amidst a cacophany of angry barking.

I'm running an overworld team of Eula, Kokomi, Yae and Ganyu and whilst it's a bitch with anything that needs to burn, like churl shields (which seem to have a 5000% DEF against everything apart from Pyro)... a triangle of turrets with Ganyu's taunt in the middle is fun to watch. She's also good for lazily opening boxes and barrels without running round hitting everything. Top that all off with the satisfying *THUD* as the lightining strikes hit during her ult and it makes her great to play. Well worth the wishes IMO... Her damage might be low but in my teams, everyone's damage seems a bit low, so she fits in nicely. :)

Yes she is good.

You know you are OP when you can run around with just Yae and I think her damage is more than acceptable! As you say the Pyro shield HIllichurls are a bit of a pain but they eventually go down so not a problem.

Yanfei was complaining the other day bout lack of 'action' since Yae joined the team. I think the made Yae just right in my opinion and for those that like to moan well that's their problem.

• Like 2

Running Crimson Witch domain today for some arts for Xiangling, probably my most embarassing run yet as I managed to get Barbara killed. I couldn't work out how she could have 28,000+ HP at level 85, with R2 Prototype Amber and be doing so badly. Turns out she's still using the 4^ set of Exile artifacts I originally put on her when I didn't understand how artifacts work... and they're not even all fully upgraded. You could almost hear the two slimes laughing as they bullied her around the domain while she fumbled around trying to break their aura, you just can't exist on HP alone. So I decided to visit the Clam set domain to try and get her something better and for the first time ever, it dropped 4 x 5* artifacts on a condensed resin run... and they were all for the Husk set and two of them were HP% main stats. If there was a facepalm emote in this game, that would have been the time for it. :) I think if I had switched to Noelle in the party setup screen, she would have been on the floor laughing. The only other hydro char I have built is Childe but I just can't get into playing him, so him and Barbara are not a great team. My second acc has Kokomi and a C6 Xingqiu, who are a pretty effective Hydro pairing.

What made all this worse, is when I went through the other characters, many of them were using really bad 4* artifacts, some of them weren't even full sets (or even 2 piece sets) because I had just been going for main stats. So I think my main acc rebuild is going to be almost from the ground up. This is going to require some very strategic thinking into how I build certain characters that wil carry me through specific domains in order to get artifacts for other characters. It's going to be an interesting challenge.

On a side-note, watching the drama unfold in the GTAO threads has again made me appreciate how much effort MiHoyo put into their preview programmes. It's hard to understand how players of a game from a (supposed) AAA developer are scrabbling for breadcrumbs about a significant update, whilst F2P gacha-game players are flooded with constant streams about new content every six weeks. I play Genshin and at times struggle to believe that this is in fact a free game driven by Gacha. I would never pay for GTA content but every month I have no qualms about getting Welkin and sometimes BP on both accounts. It has quite literally turned every preconception I had about gacha games on its head.

Edited by LeeC22
  • Like 1

Tails Prower
11 hours ago, LeeC22 said:

Running Crimson Witch domain today for some arts for Xiangling, probably my most embarassing run yet as I managed to get Barbara killed. I couldn't work out how she could have 28,000+ HP at level 85, with R2 Prototype Amber and be doing so badly. Turns out she's still using the 4^ set of Exile artifacts I originally put on her when I didn't understand how artifacts work... and they're not even all fully upgraded. You could almost hear the two slimes laughing as they bullied her around the domain while she fumbled around trying to break their aura, you just can't exist on HP alone. So I decided to visit the Clam set domain to try and get her something better and for the first time ever, it dropped 4 x 5* artifacts on a condensed resin run... and they were all for the Husk set and two of them were HP% main stats. If there was a facepalm emote in this game, that would have been the time for it. :) I think if I had switched to Noelle in the party setup screen, she would have been on the floor laughing. The only other hydro char I have built is Childe but I just can't get into playing him, so him and Barbara are not a great team. My second acc has Kokomi and a C6 Xingqiu, who are a pretty effective Hydro pairing.

What made all this worse, is when I went through the other characters, many of them were using really bad 4* artifacts, some of them weren't even full sets (or even 2 piece sets) because I had just been going for main stats. So I think my main acc rebuild is going to be almost from the ground up. This is going to require some very strategic thinking into how I build certain characters that wil carry me through specific domains in order to get artifacts for other characters. It's going to be an interesting challenge.

On a side-note, watching the drama unfold in the GTAO threads has again made me appreciate how much effort MiHoyo put into their preview programmes. It's hard to understand how players of a game from a (supposed) AAA developer are scrabbling for breadcrumbs about a significant update, whilst F2P gacha-game players are flooded with constant streams about new content every six weeks. I play Genshin and at times struggle to believe that this is in fact a free game driven by Gacha. I would never pay for GTA content but every month I have no qualms about getting Welkin and sometimes BP on both accounts. It has quite literally turned every preconception I had about gacha games on its head.

Well that is indeed an 'embarassing' F but I have done that multiple times in the past so yeah I feel your pain there when it comes to Barbara dying due to old artefacts.

Yeah MiHoYo have been very good in that regard, it's one of the reasons I support the game, as you say it is easy to forget it's a free to play game driven by Gacha, I too have no qualms about supporting the battle pass and getting the blessing as it's not 'overpriced' like some other games out there and I think/hope it will always stay that way.

It's not long till we get the next Special Program too now were about to start the 3 weeks of Raiden Shogun/Kokomi re-reun, good luck if your going for any pulls, II know I have my guarantee for Raiden but hopefully I can at least get one constellation of Kokomi too!

2 hours ago, Tails Prower said:

It's not long till we get the next Special Program too now were about to start the 3 weeks of Raiden Shogun/Kokomi re-reun, good luck if your going for any pulls, II know I have my guarantee for Raiden but hopefully I can at least get one constellation of Kokomi too!

Is it two weeks before the patch is due that we get the special program? I can never remember when they are.

I'll hit 50/50 on my main, so I am hoping to get Kokomi on there, if I am going to lose it then I hope I lose to Jean this time... we shall see. Second acc is way off, so I will probably avoid wishing on that acc this time. Fingers crossed the RNG is kind to you too.

I can see this second half of the 2.5 update feeling like a long one because there are a couple of events I am passing on. Doesn't help much with the primo count but at least I get more time to rebuild some characters before the chasm drops. I suspect that's going to bring even more annoying enemies with it, so I need to make sure I am prepared. I have got almost the full set of hangouts to do if I get desperate for primos but I need to be really desperate to do those things.

• Like 1

Tails Prower
28 minutes ago, LeeC22 said:

Is it two weeks before the patch is due that we get the special program? I can never remember when they are.

I'll hit 50/50 on my main, so I am hoping to get Kokomi on there, if I am going to lose it then I hope I lose to Jean this time... we shall see. Second acc is way off, so I will probably avoid wishing on that acc this time. Fingers crossed the RNG is kind to you too.

I can see this second half of the 2.5 update feeling like a long one because there are a couple of events I am passing on. Doesn't help much with the primo count but at least I get more time to rebuild some characters before the chasm drops. I suspect that's going to bring even more annoying enemies with it, so I need to make sure I am prepared. I have got almost the full set of hangouts to do if I get desperate for primos but I need to be really desperate to do those things.

Usually two weeks before so I imagine it will be on 18th March, @WildBrick142 can correct me if I am wrong there!

Yeah I hope it goes your way and if not that you do get Jean and a sensible plan re your second account.

For me it's been the other way around the first half here has been quiet but I suspect the second half I will be back to busy busy but at least it gives you time to rebuild as you say, fortunately most of my rebuilding is already done so I am kinda eager to see the results, only thing I have to finish now is level 90 my weapons on my FTP account.

• Like 1