4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

Genshin Impact (PC, Mobile, PS4, PS5)

Tails Prower

Tails Prower
On 1/28/2023 at 10:41 AM, LeeC22 said:

The story behind it was great for the first two parts, the history of Cloud Retainer, Ping et al was really interesting. The cutscene for the finale was also great as usual and for me it should have ended there. I felt the restaurant part completely ruined it so I only did the full story on one account, the others just unlocked the events and did them.

Yeah, I guess they kinda wanted to try and create a story event with friend celebrating over a meal but the fact that our characters actually never interact with food due to no animations as you say they probably didn't need to do that act at all.

On 1/28/2023 at 10:41 AM, LeeC22 said:

Be interesting to see the outcome of that, hopefully it's the good "weird" like winning the 50/50 and then losing the 50/50 all in one 10-pull.

I can relate to that. The only other male character I don't mind playing other than Wanderer is Kazuha. Oddly, after playing Al-Dendro's story quest I got to like his character a bit more. His attitude towards other people mirror's my own in some respects and I hadn't really noticed that until doing that story. The more he became relateable, the more I was ok with him... still don't like how he plays though, probably because he's a tall male. He gets bonus points for being intolerant of Paimon as well. :D

Hmmm, that would be interesting and welcome if it happens. Another source of blue fates would be nice, based on other gacha I always feel like we should be pulling on standard more often than limited but we don't because nobody really wants to use primos on standard. We're effectively doing just 10 pulls a month on standard with BP fates and the shop reset, which feels low for something "standard", especially given the "Make 50 wishes" BP task. Something to keep an eye out for anyway, I hadn't heard anything about that.

Yeah I am looking forward to finding out myself! Fair eough with Alhaitham, I will do the story at some point just at my own pace.

Yeah hopefully it is true and will be most welcome, today I am going to step things up a gear, my main account is just on the verge of hitting the 'fabled' adventure rank 60 aka maximum level so I am gonna be doing every possible thing today that gives adv exp, chest hunting, dailies etc to get that rsnk and finally complete that long grind as well as no doubt expand my Sumeru exploration progress.

I'm also over the moon finally to have the 'full' Elemental Mastery Sucrose 'build' so Sacrificial Fragments weapon, full EM VV set, it's taken a long time but now finally those Spiral Abyss monsters can be group 'shredded' as she's doing insanely well, I have only three chaaracters missing a 'piece' now Electro Goblets for Sara and Beidou and a Pyro goblet for Amber so if the game decides to feel 'nice' I might get those three builds finally finished.

Overall my 'acquired' but not levelled characters stands at 26 and 10 of those can be full built at any time (Zhongli, Jean, Sayu, Barbara, Tighnari, Lisa, Razor, QiQi, Fischl, and Diona) so I have more options that I can expand my roster if I need to but at the moment my current 23 are just fine, if Tighnari's weapon ever resurfaces then I will do a build on him to boost my Dendro since I only have Nahida right now but I am in no rush.

Feels really sweet to finally have one account that I can play with no stresses, it has only taken 661 days to get there as my main account started later than FTP in Febuary 21 but oddly I have played less days on the FTP at 638 so not quite sure how I managed that but either way the goal between now and 3rd anniversary is to get that account on equal playing field!

On 1/29/2023 at 12:36 PM, Tails Prower said:

Yeah hopefully it is true and will be most welcome, today I am going to step things up a gear, my main account is just on the verge of hitting the 'fabled' adventure rank 60 aka maximum level so I am gonna be doing every possible thing today that gives adv exp, chest hunting, dailies etc to get that rsnk and finally complete that long grind as well as no doubt expand my Sumeru exploration progress.

Nice... that's a milestone I'm never going to hit but I know it marks a significant one for those who manage to get there. My main two accounts are sat at 1,479,559 and 1,426,100 EXP respectively and from what I remember reading, that's about 100,000 below an EXP cap where it will stop generating more. That might just be for AR50 though, so acc 2 might go higher because it's at AR45.

On 1/29/2023 at 12:36 PM, Tails Prower said:

Feels really sweet to finally have one account that I can play with no stresses, it has only taken 661 days to get there as my main account started later than FTP in Febuary 21 but oddly I have played less days on the FTP at 638 so not quite sure how I managed that but either way the goal between now and 3rd anniversary is to get that account on equal playing field!

I think that's the important part of playing games that want you to be in them every day. The last thing you want is a game that brings stress with it 7 days a week. One of the main things I like about Genhin is that it gives the player more control than normal over that aspect. You either build your characters to a level where even the hardest content isn't going to be a problem, or you put the difficulty level at a place that achieves a similar goal but without the frustrating time investment. I think the ascension quests are the key to that and for people like myself, they're the difference between "keep playing" and "quitting"... or not playing as much at the very least. My accounts are at a place where one WL up from their current is a challenge but can also be a frustration, so I like that I can choose to turn that challenge on or off.

ToF doesn't have them and as a result you get the situation where new areas are only really playable for the people who buy into the grind. And because the grinders (and whales) are pushing the difficulty envelope, it makes things even harder for those who don't. Imagine Genshin if the lowest-strength enemies were Stonehide Lawachurl level difficulty/strength and everything else scaled up from that, that's what ToF's Confounding Abyss feels like to me. Some of the elite enemies are like Magu Kenki, they will 2-shot a 700,000 HP character in an instant and you can end up aggroing more than one at a time.

I have nothing but respect and admiration for the people who can tolerate the "grind" to get to that higher place. I can't do it, I can't deal with RNG-gated progress to the extent this game has it. I am sure the "playing on easy mode" mentality doesn't make sense to a lot of people, I know Reddit would mock and humiliate anyone who claimed to do it but for some people it's just the best way to play for them.

I'm not actually sure which would be worse, admitting to playing on easy-mode, or admitting to doing the Aranara quest on three accounts and not skipping dialogue on any of them. :D

Edit: Just noticed the Lisa skin is locked behind a combat event and by the sounds of it a domain/dungeon type event, I guess it's good that I like purple more than green. I think things like skins should be in dual casual/combat events so people can choose which road to go down to get it... like the lantern rite was, where you could do 3 of the 4 events and still get to choose a character to invite.

Edit: NVM, just seen the skin in-game and I don't like it... problem solved.

Edited by LeeC22

Tails Prower
On 1/29/2023 at 11:53 PM, LeeC22 said:

I have nothing but respect and admiration for the people who can tolerate the "grind" to get to that higher place. I can't do it, I can't deal with RNG-gated progress to the extent this game has it. I am sure the "playing on easy mode" mentality doesn't make sense to a lot of people, I know Reddit would mock and humiliate anyone who claimed to do it but for some people it's just the best way to play for them.

I'm not actually sure which would be worse, admitting to playing on easy-mode, or admitting to doing the Aranara quest on three accounts and not skipping dialogue on any of them. :D

Edit: Just noticed the Lisa skin is locked behind a combat event and by the sounds of it a domain/dungeon type event, I guess it's good that I like purple more than green. I think things like skins should be in dual casual/combat events so people can choose which road to go down to get it... like the lantern rite was, where you could do 3 of the 4 events and still get to choose a character to invite.

Edit: NVM, just seen the skin in-game and I don't like it... problem solved.

Well the molestone was achieved yesterday so AR60 so now I can get onto the next challenge which is get the Tree of Dreams levlling up as this is how I pace my flow to always have something to keep going on for the next wee while/

Nothing wrong with that admission, after all I played it through twice no skips so similar vein!

Glad you solved that problem, I will get the skin because I like to have everything in game from the events but that's  my collector personality kicking in, it still pains me I didn't do events in Versions 1 to 1.4 because I was still playing that curse of my life GTA Online as I would have loved to have the Festering Desire weapon and also seen the first Lantern Rite plus there were some event namecards that have never been repeated.

Maybe one day Hoyoverse will find a way to put those in the Weaponsmith shop or something that we can do to unlock them again, it's annoying when you go to read a build and it says 'Event Weapon' etc, at least they have added the fireworks from last year to Liyue toy seller so maybe it will happen at some point.

I am avoiding most of Youtube and other related Genshin articles since all they  seem to be doing is scaremongering about how bad 3.5 characters will be when we are n Chinese New Year and only limited staff in to keep the game running, hence I guess why Lisa's event is fully unlocked rather than the usual unlocks after XX days.

Either way the trash talking more than convinces me that Dehya will actually be better than they say, we will find out next Friday I guess on the special program!

Right time to eat and then I am gonna do a stream of the new event!

3 hours ago, Tails Prower said:

I am avoiding most of Youtube and other related Genshin articles since all they  seem to be doing is scaremongering about how bad 3.5 characters will be when we are n Chinese New Year and only limited staff in to keep the game running, hence I guess why Lisa's event is fully unlocked rather than the usual unlocks after XX days.

Are you playing on PC because it only had stage 1 unlocked when I went into the event screen with the next stage unlocking in 17h? Maybe it's different on other platforms.

I know what you mean about the characters, everywhere you go someone is trash-talking someone for one reason or another. Like Faruzan, apparently she's useless if she's not C6 and yet she seems okay to me in my Layla, Nilou, Faruzan & Fischl team. I keep seeing how Amber is useless and one comment I read yesterday said "She can be replaced by any other character". That got me thinking because I don't know any other character than can apply pyro at range (to two targets at C1), can taunt (with a manual detonation at C2) and can apply lengthy AOE pyro damage. Utility wise I find her irreplaceable but maybe my casual playstyle makes utility more valuable than meta-potential. I know dropping Baron Bunny in the middle of Lisa's burst and then dropping Amber's burst on top is utter carnage for anything trapped inside.

4 hours ago, Tails Prower said:

Right time to eat and then I am gonna do a stream of the new event!

GL with the event and the stream.

I'm going to continue fighting with pins on acc 3. Trying to mark 12 nurseries, ?? stone locks, 74 aranara and god knows how many dendroculus in 150 pins is impossible. I don't want to use the interactive map because I don't want to know where everything is, just mark the things I have found.

Tails Prower
On 1/31/2023 at 5:14 PM, LeeC22 said:

Are you playing on PC because it only had stage 1 unlocked when I went into the event screen with the next stage unlocking in 17h? Maybe it's different on other platforms.

Yeah that was my bad, initially it showed the wholeo thing as unlocked but I must have had a server spike or something that mucked up the displays on the event as yeah outfit unlocks Saturday.

I know what you mean about the characters, everywhere you go someone is trash-talking someone for one reason or another. Like Faruzan, apparently she's useless if she's not C6 and yet she seems okay to me in my Layla, Nilou, Faruzan & Fischl team. I keep seeing how Amber is useless and one comment I read yesterday said "She can be replaced by any other character". That got me thinking because I don't know any other character than can apply pyro at range (to two targets at C1), can taunt (with a manual detonation at C2) and can apply lengthy AOE pyro damage. Utility wise I find her irreplaceable but maybe my casual playstyle makes utility more valuable than meta-potential. I know dropping Baron Bunny in the middle of Lisa's burst and then dropping Amber's burst on top is utter carnage for anything trapped inside.

Amber is god tier so please continue as you are doing, when a guy does a video on Youtube channel of him fighting all 7 weekly bosses with 1 HP Amber fully skilled out you know she's[ good so caryr on like you've been doing, if the game woould  give me a main account Pyro goblet I could actually use her more in my teams which is a day I look forward to!

I'm going to continue fighting with pins on acc 3. Trying to mark 12 nurseries, ?? stone locks, 74 aranara and god knows how many dendroculus in 150 pins is impossible. I don't want to use the interactive map because I don't want to know where everything is, just mark the things I have found.

Yeah that's a qualiity of life improvement we need defo as there is so much I forgot it where it is due to the limited number of pins available!

Thanks to some minor unpleasantaries with real life that happened today which I'll not put int he topic I am just gonna be keeping a low profile for the next month or so, nothing to worry about and it didn't  invove Genshin Impact at all so I will just be staying home and playing when I can so hopefully that will give me some time to farm Dehya's kit and preapre for the mega pull run on 1 March update.

I will still post on Tuesday though for how the weapon banner drops went and I'm fine health wise, just things on the brain that I need to get over, back soon!

Unlikely things you learn while playing Genshin Impact... the number 64 is a sensitive number in China and is censored/prohibited when used on its own in the game.

I was collecting Aranara on acc 3 and I felt I was getting towards completion, typically when I do this I number all the marked pins so I know how many I have collected. I had collected 63 and had an off-map pin that said "Next number is 64" but when I tried to enter "64" as the pin name for a collected Aranara, it said "Pin name contains invalid characters". Apparently it is connected to the Tiananmen Square incident on June 4th 1989, i.e. the date being 6/4. As it seemed like such an odd thing to get censored, I decided to search for some info before contacting support... probably a good thing I did as I would never have made the connection. I remember the incident but I couldn't have told you the year, never mind month and day. I didn't check to see if it happened on things that start with 64, or whether it is just that number on its own, ending with it doesn't seem to be a problem.

Annoyingly after all that, it turned out I had a pin that I had placed when I first went into Sumeru and spotted an Aranara that disappeared. When I went through the numbering process that erroneously got caught up in it and I had to revisit a bunch of locations to find that Aranara along with 2 nascent withering zones I had missed.

Edit: Only posting this as it was such an oddity, not to prompt discussion.

Edit: I am going to try and sway my luck by pre-emptively stating that I am going to lose the 50/50 and finally get Jean on my account... or end up with C1 Yelan.

Edited by LeeC22

Tails Prower
15 hours ago, LeeC22 said:

Edit: I am going to try and sway my luck by pre-emptively stating that I am going to lose the 50/50 and finally get Jean on my account... or end up with C1 Yelan.

Well wishing you luck, I have managed to sort most of my real life problems so my anxiety/stress is leaving my system.

Still taking a little break this week from social scene to catch up on some other hobbies.

Will post up the video of my weapon banner pulls later this evening.

One crazy good thing did happen in I have a broken build for Dendro traveller so I will share that as well!

Gah!!! Damnit Mona! Well that was a tale of two halves, first 10-pull and as you can see, Mona. Second 10-pull and hello C1 Yelan, so I guess I should consider that a win. Also decided to spend the guarantee on acc 2 for C1 Yelan there as well as that double-charge is very useful. Acc 3 is tricky, that's weapon banner only but I don't need another bow and Xiangling is my only pole user and she has Dragon's Bane. I'll probably pull to pity anyway as it has 120+ fates so some refinements might pop up for existing weapons, or cons for the starter characters.

Edit: Hmmm, well that was a curveball I wasn't expecting, it gave me Lost Prayer on the weapon banner so I got neither of the featured weapons. LP isn't much use though as my only other catalyst user is Barbara who already has Proto Amber. I did get a Dragon's Bane dupe and a Collei con though so not too bad.

Still taking a little break this week from social scene to catch up on some other hobbies.

Sounds like a good plan.

I only ever post on here because this is my only social scene and there aren't many people in it. Good for me but probably not so great for everyone else. :blush:

Edited by LeeC22
  • Like 1

Tails Prower
On 2/7/2023 at 6:00 PM, LeeC22 said:

Sounds like a good plan.

I only ever post on here because this is my only social scene and there aren't many people in it. Good for me but probably not so great for everyone else. :blush:

Yeah sometimes it's good when a topic has only a few members, it avoids a lot of the 'issues' that can arise espeically for someone like  yourself who prefers things like this!

On 2/7/2023 at 6:00 PM, LeeC22 said:

Gah!!! Damnit Mona! Well that was a tale of two halves, first 10-pull and as you can see, Mona. Second 10-pull and hello C1 Yelan, so I guess I should consider that a win. Also decided to spend the guarantee on acc 2 for C1 Yelan there as well as that double-charge is very useful. Acc 3 is tricky, that's weapon banner only but I don't need another bow and Xiangling is my only pole user and she has Dragon's Bane. I'll probably pull to pity anyway as it has 120+ fates so some refinements might pop up for existing weapons, or cons for the starter characters.

Ack! To be honest I would like my 50/50 to loose to one of the standard characters (bar Diluc) so that I can at least have a guarantee for Dehya but as noted below although I have the perfect opportunity to get a random 50/50 10 pull I am not pulling on the character banner

Hmm! You can tell I don't pay attention to the constellations, I did not know she had a double charge at C1 well my loss I guess as I really don't want to pull either of them when my focus is very much on Dehya and my 'campaign' on her release because I am quite frankly tired of these 'trash' videos that are 'crapping' the hell out of Dehya and XInyan who are two of my all time favourite characters.

I forgot to post the results of my weapon pulls and it was shall we say most 'unexpected'.

Main account got 2 x Aqua Simulcara so now I have guarantee for Staff of Homa but not enough primogems to get it I fear so I might have to do a small crystal purchase.

The FTP one got Sraff of Homa on 1st 10 pull whch was awersome as Hu-Tao is built on that account but I don't have an HP sands for her AGH!, then I got Skyward Spine but as of yet no Aqua Simulcara which hopefully will drop as this account  can at least get one more 5 star weapon.

On a postive finish I have got the real life problems sorted out but this next week is quie busy and then there is the big 'farm' of talent books with the Overtflowing Mastery event so I am starting my videos again from 3.5.

The plan for Overflowing Mastery week is as follows:

Main Account - Lvl 90 - Raiden Shogun, Xiangling, XInqui as I will have Talent Lvl 9 stock of books.

FTP Account - Lvl 90 - Yanfei, Jean (sorry!) and Amber as I will have Talent Lvl 9 sotck of books.

At the same time that also prepares my plans for Lisa and Keqing on main account and some prep work for Ayaka on the FTP so it will give me a bit more variety of play again.

Edited by Tails Prower

5 hours ago, Tails Prower said:

Hmm! You can tell I don't pay attention to the constellations, I did not know she had a double charge at C1 well my loss I guess as I really don't want to pull either of them when my focus is very much on Dehya and my 'campaign' on her release because I am quite frankly tired of these 'trash' videos that are 'crapping' the hell out of Dehya and XInyan who are two of my all time favourite characters.

To be honest, I wouldn't have known about C1 Yelan if it wasn't for those people who seem obsessed with trying to cross the map as fast as possible because they seemingly hate the open-world gameplay in an open-world game. So for them you can almost continuously use her sprint when you have 2 charges. But it works out great for me because she's one of my goto characters for leylines on both accounts, so it's great for applying hydro in a small area to a lot of targets and pairing that with either Fischl or Miko depending on which account I am using.

Sadly, there are a lot of "content creators" (and I use that term loosely for these people) that seem intent on just causing controversy over characters because they know some people will not only buy into it, but they'll also "Subscribe and Like" it and then perpetuate it across social media as well to further spread the discourse. I have only ever made videos about the GTA5 mods I created so I have never been caught in this loop on YT but I imagine for people like yourself, who like to make videos about the games they play and the things they enjoy in them, it means you're always at risk of getting caught up in it all if you like something some angry semi-popular YTuber is spreading discourse about. I never subscribe to YT channels outside the music artists I follow and my search history is never kept, so even if I watch a Genshin guide video, it doesn't seed further Genshin recommendations which could include angry YTubers. And because my YT shortcut takes me straight to my subscriptions page, I never see what's new or trending either.

6 hours ago, Tails Prower said:

Main account got 2 x Aqua Simulcara so now I have guarantee for Staff of Homa but not enough primogems to get it I fear so I might have to do a small crystal purchase.

The FTP one got Sraff of Homa on 1st 10 pull whch was awersome as Hu-Tao is built on that account but I don't have an HP sands for her AGH!, then I got Skyward Spine but as of yet no Aqua Simulcara which hopefully will drop as this account  can at least get one more 5 star weapon.

Sounds like that worked out well for both accounts, especially if you can also get Homa on your main.

Are they doing overflowing mastery in talent domains this time? I don't think I have seen that before... I might have to visit some domains if that's the case as I never have any talent books ready for characters.

My main acc is almost finished in the new desert area, acc 2 is just about to start it and acc 3 has just started Golden Slumber. I am trying to keep each account in different commission areas but Inazuma is proving troublesome at times for my dysfunctional acc 2. Layla, Nilou, Faruzan and Phys Fischl are proving tough to synergise against the Nobushi and Kairagi and the Electro Abyss Mages can be a pain... but at the same time, it means I have to be a bit more aware of what is being applied and when, which can make it all a bit less predictable. I had to do the really long safe conduct this morning with a balloon that moved much faster than normal... that was quite tricky. But for me, it's having the occasional dysfunctional teams that keeps things interesting.

Tails Prower
24 minutes ago, LeeC22 said:

To be honest, I wouldn't have known about C1 Yelan if it wasn't for those people who seem obsessed with trying to cross the map as fast as possible because they seemingly hate the open-world gameplay in an open-world game. So for them you can almost continuously use her sprint when you have 2 charges. But it works out great for me because she's one of my goto characters for leylines on both accounts, so it's great for applying hydro in a small area to a lot of targets and pairing that with either Fischl or Miko depending on which account I am using.

Sadly, there are a lot of "content creators" (and I use that term loosely for these people) that seem intent on just causing controversy over characters because they know some people will not only buy into it, but they'll also "Subscribe and Like" it and then perpetuate it across social media as well to further spread the discourse. I have only ever made videos about the GTA5 mods I created so I have never been caught in this loop on YT but I imagine for people like yourself, who like to make videos about the games they play and the things they enjoy in them, it means you're always at risk of getting caught up in it all if you like something some angry semi-popular YTuber is spreading discourse about. I never subscribe to YT channels outside the music artists I follow and my search history is never kept, so even if I watch a Genshin guide video, it doesn't seed further Genshin recommendations which could include angry YTubers. And because my YT shortcut takes me straight to my subscriptions page, I never see what's new or trending either.

Fair enough, I will consider for next time she is up (whenever that may be) but it does sound a useful constellation for sure.

Yeah, thankfully I haven't any of those types of Youtuber's on my list but it's impossible not to see the occasional bit of the 'discussions' and that sometimes triggers me over a little bit especially for Xinyan.

Now granted she is not the 'best' 4-star but as long as you build her with appropriate pieces she can be quite the life 'saver'. Mine for example is a 'Pyro' build Xinyan with 2 piece BloodStained and two piece Nobilese Obilgie with Serpent Spine currently as her weapon, the actual stats are 69% CR (lol!) and 166% CD with energy recharge at 122%, you could argue I should have more energy recharge but when she shred's the two Karagi's in one shot sometimes I fail to see how she can be 'useless' and apparently with Itto's weapon she does even more damage!

29 minutes ago, LeeC22 said:

Are they doing overflowing mastery in talent domains this time? I don't think I have seen that before... I might have to visit some domains if that's the case as I never have any talent books ready for characters.

My main acc is almost finished in the new desert area, acc 2 is just about to start it and acc 3 has just started Golden Slumber. I am trying to keep each account in different commission areas but Inazuma is proving troublesome at times for my dysfunctional acc 2. Layla, Nilou, Faruzan and Phys Fischl are proving tough to synergise against the Nobushi and Kairagi and the Electro Abyss Mages can be a pain... but at the same time, it means I have to be a bit more aware of what is being applied and when, which can make it all a bit less predictable. I had to do the really long safe conduct this morning with a balloon that moved much faster than normal... that was quite tricky. But for me, it's having the occasional dysfunctional teams that keeps things interesting.

Yes it's for the talent domains, it's been run 'once' every year at this time so it happened in Version 1.5 and then in Version 2.5 and now this update Version 3.4

If you are gonna participate you get 3 double drops from the event so the way I will work it is craft my 4 Condensed Resin from the crafting table do 3 runs with the Double Drop and then use my 4 resin and I should come out with roughly 2-3 Purple books, 16 Silver and about 20 Brown books so it's well worth doing, I'll be focussing on the first two talent book domains since as I mentioned I'm doing Mondstadt and  Liyue characters as thanks to the battle pass I have more than enough Inazuma and Sumeru books for now!

Sounds like an interesting challenge for Acc 2 but yeah it's good to keep that going as you say keep things interesting!

On 2/11/2023 at 7:06 PM, Tails Prower said:

If you are gonna participate you get 3 double drops from the event so the way I will work it is craft my 4 Condensed Resin from the crafting table do 3 runs with the Double Drop and then use my 4 resin and I should come out with roughly 2-3 Purple books, 16 Silver and about 20 Brown books so it's well worth doing, I'll be focussing on the first two talent book domains since as I mentioned I'm doing Mondstadt and  Liyue characters as thanks to the battle pass I have more than enough Inazuma and Sumeru books for now!

That sounds pretty decent then for that many drops, I'll definitely be doing some runs when the event's on. I don't do the top level domains though because I never seem to get the top-grade drops when I do, so I just do the level below and craft upwards. It's not resin-efficient but it's just quicker and easier and more importantly, it stops me getting as annoyed at the RNG.

I actually did something on acc 2 today that I have been meaning to do for a while. I am going to spoiler it because if you haven't done The Dirge of Bilqis quest, you probably don't want to read it.

Spoiler

Because I went straight into the quest on my main acc, I didn't really get a chance to wander round the new desert area completely. This proved to be a problem when you get to the part where the ruin golem is moving round the map with you inside because I didn't get to see the final location before it got there. So today acc 2 wandered round the map to see all those locations in the before state. I knew there probably wouldn't be anything there to collect but I just felt I was missing part of the experience with not having seen those locations untouched. The scale of that desert area even makes the relatively empty spaces impressive to look at, so I am glad I remembered to do it. Took a couple of photos as well, just so I can look back at them after all 3 accounts have changed the map. I am dreading the tornado going away but I am sure it will happen at some point. If it does then I hope they let the Jinn call it up when you summon a sandstorm.

Tails Prower
10 hours ago, LeeC22 said:

That sounds pretty decent then for that many drops, I'll definitely be doing some runs when the event's on. I don't do the top level domains though because I never seem to get the top-grade drops when I do, so I just do the level below and craft upwards. It's not resin-efficient but it's just quicker and easier and more importantly, it stops me getting as annoyed at the RNG.

I actually did something on acc 2 today that I have been meaning to do for a while. I am going to spoiler it because if you haven't done The Dirge of Bilqis quest, you probably don't want to read it.

Reveal hidden contents

Because I went straight into the quest on my main acc, I didn't really get a chance to wander round the new desert area completely. This proved to be a problem when you get to the part where the ruin golem is moving round the map with you inside because I didn't get to see the final location before it got there. So today acc 2 wandered round the map to see all those locations in the before state. I knew there probably wouldn't be anything there to collect but I just felt I was missing part of the experience with not having seen those locations untouched. The scale of that desert area even makes the relatively empty spaces impressive to look at, so I am glad I remembered to do it. Took a couple of photos as well, just so I can look back at them after all 3 accounts have changed the map. I am dreading the tornado going away but I am sure it will happen at some point. If it does then I hope they let the Jinn call it up when you summon a sandstorm.

Yes that works too though I have realised I might not have enough mora to do all the level ups for the talents I plan on account two (4 million currently) so I might have to do the characters in two stages but at least I will have all the materials/talent books.

Yesterday finally brought some sucess again to the main account, I've been a little frustrated with Raiden because everywhere you read everyone screams OVERCLOCK Energy Recharge whern there is no point because you still have to await the cooldown so I rebuilt her with Deathmatch and a Crit Damage circlet so now she has 212% ER, 94% CR and 166% CD which is much better than the 'pathetic' 44 and 88% she had before for CR and CD which seems to be more than enough, I just don't see why people are so 'obsessed' with everything must  be Energy Recharge, for me it seems to work better in my rotation if I know the burst order (example Bennett > Xinqui, Xiangling, Raiden Shogun) so yeah this is an eye opener.

Espeically when I 36 starred the 3.4 Abyss on my main account with minimal effort on the above changes so I am gonna have a complete 'review' of my builds during this week yet again!

As far as I can see the Tornado and Sandstorms are here to stay for the time being, I've done all of the world quests in that area though not realising the areas looked different so I might do that with my main account to get some pics before and after thanks for the tip!

I suspect if the sandstorms and tornado are going to be removed that will come in 3.5/36 with some sort of quest but we shall see, I thought it made a nice change they did not immediately remove the effect like in the other areas.

Yesterday finally brought some sucess again to the main account, I've been a little frustrated with Raiden because everywhere you read everyone screams OVERCLOCK Energy Recharge whern there is no point because you still have to await the cooldown so I rebuilt her with Deathmatch and a Crit Damage circlet so now she has 212% ER, 94% CR and 166% CD which is much better than the 'pathetic' 44 and 88% she had before for CR and CD which seems to be more than enough, I just don't see why people are so 'obsessed' with everything must  be Energy Recharge, for me it seems to work better in my rotation if I know the burst order (example Bennett > Xinqui, Xiangling, Raiden Shogun) so yeah this is an eye opener.

My guess on that is that it might be because the cooldown is a consistent value whereas energy is subject to change depending on combat conditions. Even if you stand still your cooldown timer keeps running but your energy level doesn't increase... so by getting more energy when it's available, you know that your burst will be available as soon as the cooldown ends but if you don't have enough energy, then you're waiting longer than the cooldown to use the burst. The problem is most likely caused by one theorycrafter saying "This is how I did it" and everyone else just following that same route because they'll take anything a TC says as gospel.

I think people like yourself, who are able to look at their builds and then fine-tune or change them based on your own perceptions or play-styles are few and far between. You can tell that by the number of "Build my character...", "Build my teams..." and "Tell me who to pull for..." posts on other sites. I can't offer much other than my perception from a logic point of view of comparing a known quantity (the CD timer) and an unknown quantity (the energy generated over that period of time). I always seem to end up with ER builds because it seems to be the only stat that increases other than DEF or DEF% when I roll artifacts. It doesn't matter how logical I try to be when I have no control over what I am working with and that's what makes character building so frustrating and unrewarding for me in this game.

I suspect if the sandstorms and tornado are going to be removed that will come in 3.5/36 with some sort of quest but we shall see, I thought it made a nice change they did not immediately remove the effect like in the other areas.

I have my suspicions that something big is still waiting for us in the desert. That chessboard shows something much bigger than Deshret's Mausoleum, so I don't know if that's an unknown location we'll get to visit or if it's just a representation of something from the lore. I saw one post talking about how each region usually has two weekly bosses and up to now we only have Scara's Robot, so maybe it is connected to that. I guess we shall see soon as we're already almost halfway through February. I hope it (the tornado that is) turns out to be a natural phenomenon, meaning it will stay regardless of what happens in a quest.

Tails Prower
28 minutes ago, LeeC22 said:

My guess on that is that it might be because the cooldown is a consistent value whereas energy is subject to change depending on combat conditions. Even if you stand still your cooldown timer keeps running but your energy level doesn't increase... so by getting more energy when it's available, you know that your burst will be available as soon as the cooldown ends but if you don't have enough energy, then you're waiting longer than the cooldown to use the burst. The problem is most likely caused by one theorycrafter saying "This is how I did it" and everyone else just following that same route because they'll take anything a TC says as gospel.

I think people like yourself, who are able to look at their builds and then fine-tune or change them based on your own perceptions or play-styles are few and far between. You can tell that by the number of "Build my character...", "Build my teams..." and "Tell me who to pull for..." posts on other sites. I can't offer much other than my perception from a logic point of view of comparing a known quantity (the CD timer) and an unknown quantity (the energy generated over that period of time). I always seem to end up with ER builds because it seems to be the only stat that increases other than DEF or DEF% when I roll artifacts. It doesn't matter how logical I try to be when I have no control over what I am working with and that's what makes character building so frustrating and unrewarding for me in this game.

Thanks, yeah I can understand that one but thanks for the compliment re being able to tailor my builds etc, don't get me wrong I know there are characters that need Energy Recharge (looking at you Faruzan and Mona) but equally it seems that people forget that this is but one aspect of the game builds but I have also been very fortunate with the RNG of artefacts in that I have some very good pieces that have fortunately had a good balance of ER and the usual CR/CD etc.

Take my Raiden for example, that 212% energy recharge I mentioned is actually all from ER substats plus her levelled up ability since i am running the ATK build since no Engulfing Lightning but if Get that then I will likey switch her to Electro goblet etc

Yep i know exactly that feeling it does not help when they put the low/high percent increase chance into that random factor so I totally underrstand that one, I just thank my luck that I have had some good successes of late like my Hu-Tao flower getting 32% Crit Damage reroll  increase.

41 minutes ago, LeeC22 said:

I have my suspicions that something big is still waiting for us in the desert. That chessboard shows something much bigger than Deshret's Mausoleum, so I don't know if that's an unknown location we'll get to visit or if it's just a representation of something from the lore. I saw one post talking about how each region usually has two weekly bosses and up to now we only have Scara's Robot, so maybe it is connected to that. I guess we shall see soon as we're already almost halfway through February. I hope it (the tornado that is) turns out to be a natural phenomenon, meaning it will stay regardless of what happens in a quest.

Well the 'Traveler's' story chapter for Sumeru is coming in 3.5 I believe revealing more about the past and of course Dainslef and I belive Kaeya as well so the storm could be linked to that but equally it might be a later world or story quest in 3.6 see below.

The other 'boss' as you say is yet to come now that could be in 3.5 or 3.6 as the 2nd story chapter for Raiden Shogun was added in Version 2.5 where her boss stage was unlocked so I suspect if the implementation is unchanged we will have a new boss fight with an upcoming story chapter which for me is where it gets 'interesting' because it would be logical to make it with Dehya's story chapter but then as her boss materials are already confirmed as being A.S.I.M.O.N (Mechancial Boss in Desert) that means her weekly boss is 'Scaramouche'  that tells me the new boss is in a later update.

Very likely they will do a Nahida story chapter 2 like they did with Zhongli and Raiden which introduces the new boss because there is a strong 'rumour' that Nahida and Nilou are going to rerun on 3.6 so that is my likely theory of when we might see any tornado changes in the desert/ introduction of the new boss as 3.7 I think will be the 'quiet' chapter and then 3.8 will be the return to the Golden Apple for summer again with some more character stories with teaser for upcoming Fontaine is my best speculation at the moment.

Time to find out what 3.5 is going to bring with the preview programme this Friday. I noticed Albedo in the preview image along with Dehya so not sure how Albedo fits into everything. I am glad I will be watching on Twitch because I fear for the comment section on YT if the doomposters take over. I was only thinking the other night, I definitely preferred gaming when there was no internet.

Edit: Was doing some desert trecking on acc 3 today and noticed Celestia through the tornado. As I changed the time to get a better view, I noticed it was being lit differently to its normal sprite-self. I grabbed a screenshot and magnified it up in Photoshop and I am sure there is a single celestial-nail on the left side of it. I haven't noticed that before and I wonder if over time they are making it more defined and have now progressed to a proper 3D model. Unless of course there are more of these celestial nails and this is the only one isolated enough to see it clearly.

Looking at it again on here there does seem to be other similar shapes in there.

celestia.jpg

Edited by LeeC22
Removed some superfluous nonsense.

Well... I really don't know what to make of all that. 😐

I don't know if I am just tired from getting up at 5:30am to shut my brain up (again), or the shine is really starting to wear off on the game but since I started watching the livestreams, that's the first one where I have ignored the whole second half. I'll try a rewatch on YT later.

Tails Prower
4 hours ago, LeeC22 said:

Well... I really don't know what to make of all that. 😐

I don't know if I am just tired from getting up at 5:30am to shut my brain up (again), or the shine is really starting to wear off on the game but since I started watching the livestreams, that's the first one where I have ignored the whole second half. I'll try a rewatch on YT later.

It was certainly a little different from usual but I suspect it may be that getting up early may have had an effect. Everything looses it's shine eventually so it's no surprise it wil happen with Genshin at some point.

I watched it through but to be honest it did seem to be a little less 'hype' than usual and the fact they are adding Dehya to the stabdard banner has already got the internet trolls proclaiming 'doom and gloom' for the game and end of Event Exclusive characters etc, I am still going to get Dehya because we know how the luck goes on the standard banner but at least I know I will get her constellations at some point without having to save Acquaint fates.

The program did confirm at the end we are getting the 22 Acquaint Fates for each archon quest so that's at least 2 free 10 pulls I can save up and also good on them for changing the banners to troll the leakers since Ayaka and Shenhe are the reruns which at least means I can save a lot of Primogems.

No need to reply today, just when you feel you want to!

Edited by Tails Prower

16 hours ago, Tails Prower said:

It was certainly a little different from usual but I suspect it may be that getting up early may have had an effect. Everything looses it's shine eventually so it's no surprise it wil happen with Genshin at some point.

Yeah, I mean I have just watched it again and it didn't seem as bad as earlier. I don't think I enjoyed last year's Windblume and after Lantern Rite I am cautious about festivals, so that didn't help. It's all also on the back of me getting dragged into the Beetle Brawl event yesterday which caused an Alt+F4 rage-quit because of Paimon again. These forced cutscenes when you're just walking about are getting really annoying, all I did was teleport to Inazuma and the minute I moved I was in the cutscene. I tried to let it run in the background while I was browsing the net but they littered it with dialogue options so that didn't work so well.

Not sure about some of the events, music games are tough for me, especially on controller. Fungi event seems very mouse/touch oriented as well. There are some skippers and some doers so it's not too bad on that score overall really. The free weapon looks like a weapon and not a fish so that's a plus point. :D

I watched it through but to be honest it did seem to be a little less 'hype' than usual and the fact they are adding Dehya to the stabdard banner has already got the internet trolls proclaiming 'doom and gloom' for the game and end of Event Exclusive characters etc, I am still going to get Dehya because we know how the luck goes on the standard banner but at least I know I will get her constellations at some point without having to save Acquaint fates.

I found the banners truly baffling, there seems to be very little sense behind it and I have to confess, I can't help but feel there's some maligned intent behind the whole Dehya thing. The choice of banner characters is also bizzare given that there isn't a single Monstadt related character on either banner for a Monstadt festival. Especially considering Lanter Rite got Hu Tao, Yelan and Xiao. They usually do better than this and I don't know what's driving the thought process behind this update with the banners. It doesn't feel very player focused and that makes the free fates feel a bit like a Rockstar thing where they try to pacify unhappy players with free stuff. I mean all those fates are good but... anyway.

Edit: Forgot about Mika when I wrote that but I was thinking more about the 5*.

Archon quest looks interesting as usual, I suspect the new Abyss Herald is going to be a tough-nut like the rest.

So yeah, second impressions are better than the first ones but I am concerned about their strategy with characters going forward. They won't have won many friends with this update on that score, so let's hope it's a one-off.

Edited by LeeC22

Tails Prower
21 hours ago, LeeC22 said:

Yeah, I mean I have just watched it again and it didn't seem as bad as earlier. I don't think I enjoyed last year's Windblume and after Lantern Rite I am cautious about festivals, so that didn't help. It's all also on the back of me getting dragged into the Beetle Brawl event yesterday which caused an Alt+F4 rage-quit because of Paimon again. These forced cutscenes when you're just walking about are getting really annoying, all I did was teleport to Inazuma and the minute I moved I was in the cutscene. I tried to let it run in the background while I was browsing the net but they littered it with dialogue options so that didn't work so well.

This is why Inazuma and Inazuma City is currently off limits for travel since I suspected there would be an auto cutscene trigger somewhere!

Those really are a bit of a pain at times, we should at the very least have the option of being able to disable auto starting events, I've muttered about this a few times so I will leave it there.

21 hours ago, LeeC22 said:

I found the banners truly baffling, there seems to be very little sense behind it and I have to confess, I can't help but feel there's some maligned intent behind the whole Dehya thing. The choice of banner characters is also bizzare given that there isn't a single Monstadt related character on either banner for a Monstadt festival. Especially considering Lanter Rite got Hu Tao, Yelan and Xiao. They usually do better than this and I don't know what's driving the thought process behind this update with the banners. It doesn't feel very player focused and that makes the free fates feel a bit like a Rockstar thing where they try to pacify unhappy players with free stuff. I mean all those fates are good but... anyway.

Yes it is somewhat baffling but like I said in my post yesterday I think this was done with the intention to annoy the leakers and possibly some of the fanbase that keep hyping certain characters that Hoyoverse are less interested in (e.g Eula) but it will be interesting to see what they do with 3.6 banners and who gets announced on Monday 27th if it's not Kaveh and Baizu then we know they have gone with a different strategy for the banners since it's supposed to be Nahida's rerun if following the normal three updates and re-run the archon of the region.

We shall see, either way it will allow me to save those free fates at least so I guess that's good!

Yes it is somewhat baffling but like I said in my post yesterday I think this was done with the intention to annoy the leakers and possibly some of the fanbase that keep hyping certain characters that Hoyoverse are less interested in (e.g Eula) but it will be interesting to see what they do with 3.6 banners and who gets announced on Monday 27th if it's not Kaveh and Baizu then we know they have gone with a different strategy for the banners since it's supposed to be Nahida's rerun if following the normal three updates and re-run the archon of the region.

If that is the case and they have reached the point where annoying the players is a viable business decision, then I think they are on shaky ground. It's one thing to battle the leakers but you don't really want to turn your source of income (i.e. paying players) into the enemy by making them a casualty of a war they don't deserve to be dragged into. I sent them an email yesterday as a [Feedback] report giving them my perception of what went down and said pretty much this point in that email. I actually expected them to just delete it because it was quite long but they did actually reply today:

Greetings Traveler,

We appreciate you for taking the time in sharing your insightful sentiments and experience with us.
We understand your frustration and we apologize for the distress and inconvenience this has caused you.
Please know that every feedback we get is most appreciated.

We will make sure to forward this to the related department for review in our goal to improve the game
further as our best interest would always be the satisfaction of our adventurers in their gaming experience.

Thank you for your continued support and we hope for your kind understanding.

There was more than just the banner issues mentioned, I also raised a few other things in there that I felt were negatively affecting the gaming experience, like the mute MC and overuse of Paimon, that kind of thing. It wasn't angry, or nasty or accusatory... I tried to present it rationally from both a developer and player's perspective. It might just be a bot reply, I don't know. I just thought it was worth sending because nothing made sense to the part of me that has been a developer for almost 40 years. And who knows, maybe some rational, honest feedback might start a few cogs whirring so that they use a bit more player-focused caution in the future.

I thought people were just hoping for a playable Baizou, you know, like a playable SIgnora... I didn't think it was actually going to happen.

On an actual game related note, I am stuck trying to decide if I want to do another 10 pull on acc 2 to get enough starglitter to buy a Noelle con. I have 33 so one more 4* should do it and it moves her one step closer to c6 on that account, she's currently c3. I am only on 25 pity so should be safe from getting another 5*, although losing the 50/50 early wouldn't be a bad thing.

Edit: Got the Noelle con, it actually gave me a Beidou who I already had at C6 so it gave me more starglitter for that, plus I got 2 back from buying Noelle.

Edited by LeeC22
  • Like 1

Tails Prower
15 hours ago, LeeC22 said:

If that is the case and they have reached the point where annoying the players is a viable business decision, then I think they are on shaky ground. It's one thing to battle the leakers but you don't really want to turn your source of income (i.e. paying players) into the enemy by making them a casualty of a war they don't deserve to be dragged into. I sent them an email yesterday as a [Feedback] report giving them my perception of what went down and said pretty much this point in that email. I actually expected them to just delete it because it was quite long but they did actually reply today:

Greetings Traveler,

We appreciate you for taking the time in sharing your insightful sentiments and experience with us.
We understand your frustration and we apologize for the distress and inconvenience this has caused you.
Please know that every feedback we get is most appreciated.

We will make sure to forward this to the related department for review in our goal to improve the game
further as our best interest would always be the satisfaction of our adventurers in their gaming experience.

Thank you for your continued support and we hope for your kind understanding.

There was more than just the banner issues mentioned, I also raised a few other things in there that I felt were negatively affecting the gaming experience, like the mute MC and overuse of Paimon, that kind of thing. It wasn't angry, or nasty or accusatory... I tried to present it rationally from both a developer and player's perspective. It might just be a bot reply, I don't know. I just thought it was worth sending because nothing made sense to the part of me that has been a developer for almost 40 years. And who knows, maybe some rational, honest feedback might start a few cogs whirring so that they use a bit more player-focused caution in the future.

I thought people were just hoping for a playable Baizou, you know, like a playable SIgnora... I didn't think it was actually going to happen.

On an actual game related note, I am stuck trying to decide if I want to do another 10 pull on acc 2 to get enough starglitter to buy a Noelle con. I have 33 so one more 4* should do it and it moves her one step closer to c6 on that account, she's currently c3. I am only on 25 pity so should be safe from getting another 5*, although losing the 50/50 early wouldn't be a bad thing.

Edit: Got the Noelle con, it actually gave me a Beidou who I already had at C6 so it gave me more starglitter for that, plus I got 2 back from buying Noelle.

Very good, I might send in a repot myself in regard to the upcoming banners plus some small suggestions for imprvoing the User Interfaace etc. Does not do any harm anyway and hopefully they will take it all into account when preparing for 3.6. One thing I am gonna mention is that since Tighnari is standard along with the upcoiming Dehya can they put their weapons on the standard banner so we poor people who don't pull on weapon  banner that often have a chance at refining the weapons for them.

Good job on the constellations, I don't have anything to do for a while there until Lisa and Amber appear but I do have 60 odd pulls saved up for the Standard Wish Banner so I know I am gonna be due a 5 star weapon since last time round I got Tighnari so I hope that if I loose my 50/50 on the wish banners I get a constelation I need for a 5 star and a weapon for the standrad, shall see on 1 March.

I just finally figured out how to get the Sumeru craftable weapons so I am gonna get those today along with finishing off my weapons since it's Sunday as got Staff of Homa, Aqua Simulcara and finishing Favonius Greatsword and Prototype Amber to 90 then it will be back to the exploration, I am trying to see if I can gather all the Dendro Sigils for the tree of dreams on one account and then when I have got them all go and claim the tree of dreams so I get all 50 levels in one drop, currently sitting about 630 odd sigils so s a fair bit to go yet but think it will be a sweet reward when the time comes!

On 2/19/2023 at 11:26 AM, Tails Prower said:

I am trying to see if I can gather all the Dendro Sigils for the tree of dreams on one account and then when I have got them all go and claim the tree of dreams so I get all 50 levels in one drop, currently sitting about 630 odd sigils so s a fair bit to go yet but think it will be a sweet reward when the time comes!

There's no claim-all button for the tree is there so yeah, a satisfying collection of rewards from all that. My acc 1 has got about 300 sigils at level 40 and I have no idea where the rest are going to be. I feel like I have covered most of the new desert now so I suspect I will have to wait for the final desert area to unlock to finish that off.

Tried to motivate myself to run some talent domains today and failed miserably. Acc 3 doesn't need any apart from traveler but she's a pain because the books change for each level. It's only her NA that needs talents but I don't know what levels 5 & 6 need, 4 is Praxis which is on Wednesday. Acc 2 doesn't really need any and acc 1 needs artifacts more than talents but it's not going to get them any time soon. My Ayaka is still running three 4* artifacts and Raiden doesn't even have a full set now. I keep finding characters with artifacts at level 4 or 8 as well, no idea how they have gone unnoticed.

The events are slipping by as well with no activity on them so it's taking about 3 days to get 1 fate now as primos are only coming from dailies or exploration, acc 2 gets more because it's still only partway into the new desert area. I'm not used to getting them this slow after so long with Welkin though and I think I notice it more now as well because of how many ToF gives out with its equivalent of fates (Black, Gold and Red Nucleus) and primogems (dark crystals). Good job it's a quiet period for characters.

Tails Prower
26 minutes ago, LeeC22 said:

Tried to motivate myself to run some talent domains today and failed miserably. Acc 3 doesn't need any apart from traveler but she's a pain because the books change for each level. It's only her NA that needs talents but I don't know what levels 5 & 6 need, 4 is Praxis which is on Wednesday. Acc 2 doesn't really need any and acc 1 needs artifacts more than talents but it's not going to get them any time soon. My Ayaka is still running three 4* artifacts and Raiden doesn't even have a full set now. I keep finding characters with artifacts at level 4 or 8 as well, no idea how they have gone unnoticed.

The events are slipping by as well with no activity on them so it's taking about 3 days to get 1 fate now as primos are only coming from dailies or exploration, acc 2 gets more because it's still only partway into the new desert area. I'm not used to getting them this slow after so long with Welkin though and I think I notice it more now as well because of how many ToF gives out with its equivalent of fates (Black, Gold and Red Nucleus) and primogems (dark crystals). Good job it's a quiet period for characters.

Yes Traveler is a pain in that regaard switching domain books between levels, glad she's the only character that does that though.

Well I did my runs today so I at least have started to finish my Yelan to Lvl 90 and I got the books for levelling Amber to 90 today as well but it did feel a bit weird to have a day focussing on talent books but once I finhish these builds to 90 this week that will be almost all of the main 'pool' of characters I  use done and having Yanfei and Ayaka almost ready for a full Lvl 90 build on the 2nd account will be good with Kokomi also being in progress!

Yeah the primo's daily just now are pretty slow and it will be slower in 3.5 since there are less event primo's this time because it's deemed a smaller update so as you say it's a good thing it's quiet on the character front, after ther Dehya build next week I will at least be able to have a break from constant build work until I have another streak of motivation in that regard!

3 minutes ago, Tails Prower said:

Yes Traveler is a pain in that regaard switching domain books between levels, glad she's the only character that does that though.

I am such a doofus! I am sat here thinking I need to wait for Wednesday to get 4 silver Praxis books, I check my inventory and find 44 of the brown Praxis books along with similar amounts of the other two types... so after a bit of crafting she's up to 6/6/6 which is the max I am taking them to as I don't want to do the weekly bosses.

8 minutes ago, Tails Prower said:

Well I did my runs today so I at least have started to finish my Yelan to Lvl 90 and I got the books for levelling Amber to 90 today as well but it did feel a bit weird to have a day focussing on talent books but once I finhish these builds to 90 this week that will be almost all of the main 'pool' of characters I  use done and having Yanfei and Ayaka almost ready for a full Lvl 90 build on the 2nd account will be good with Kokomi also being in progress!

Excellent, so a good day for you on that score then. 👍

10 minutes ago, Tails Prower said:

Yeah the primo's daily just now are pretty slow and it will be slower in 3.5 since there are less event primo's this time because it's deemed a smaller update so as you say it's a good thing it's quiet on the character front, after ther Dehya build next week I will at least be able to have a break from constant build work until I have another streak of motivation in that regard!

After the amount of building you've done I suspect that a break from that will be very much welcomed.

I have decided I am going to push accounts 1 and 2 to pity on the next banner because they're both on 50/50 and that means a double chance at the elusive Jean. If I am going to win a 50/50, then I would rather have Dehya than Cyno, Ayaka or Shenhe. Acc 1 already has Ayaka and Shenhe and I don't want them on acc 2. I hope they fix the left leg textures on Dehya when they finally release her though because I have no idea what they have done there, the strapping on the left leg makes no sense whatsoever and it used to be perfect. It will drive my artist head nuts if they leave it like it is. :D

Tails Prower
9 hours ago, LeeC22 said:

I am such a doofus! I am sat here thinking I need to wait for Wednesday to get 4 silver Praxis books, I check my inventory and find 44 of the brown Praxis books along with similar amounts of the other two types... so after a bit of crafting she's up to 6/6/6 which is the max I am taking them to as I don't want to do the weekly bosses.

Excellent, so a good day for you on that score then. 👍

After the amount of building you've done I suspect that a break from that will be very much welcomed.

I have decided I am going to push accounts 1 and 2 to pity on the next banner because they're both on 50/50 and that means a double chance at the elusive Jean. If I am going to win a 50/50, then I would rather have Dehya than Cyno, Ayaka or Shenhe. Acc 1 already has Ayaka and Shenhe and I don't want them on acc 2. I hope they fix the left leg textures on Dehya when they finally release her though because I have no idea what they have done there, the strapping on the left leg makes no sense whatsoever and it used to be perfect. It will drive my artist head nuts if they leave it like it is. :D

Tbh I had not noticed with Dehya, maybe because I did all of those stories involving her in previous updates, hopefully they fix it!

Good work with the books and hopefully the 50/50 goes favourably!

Aside from talent books rest of this week is Golden Slumber quest chain for me!

So far this week acc 1 has been hunting for missing items in the new desert area, stumbled across an annoying spoiler that just blurted out where to use a certain item, which was kinda annoying. Acc 2 is also in the new desert doing all the quests there, some treasure hunting and also did Al-Dendro's story quest. I left the end of that story quest running in the background this time because Kaveh just feels like a pointless antagonist... he's just annoying.

Acc 3 is seeing how much of the original desert it can clear whilst leaving the pyramid effect intact. I took the quest (the one after Golden Slumber) as far as the room below the final area in Deshret's Mausoleum but that still leaves some of that area locked and even full access won't let me in. I presume clearing the final area unlocks those but I don't want to do that yet. But the other areas, like the transparent ruins and the other ruins with those slates in (which the old guy in Aaru village wants later) are all accessible, and cleared. I need to do another run at night for the murals that are only active at night.

I tend to do these areas and deliberately ignore some chests/challenges I see, just so that I have a reason to go back to try and find them again later. Because I forget where they were, it takes me ages to find them again, so it prolongs the content for a good while.

*snip*

Edited by LeeC22
Removed ranting.

Tails Prower
17 hours ago, LeeC22 said:

So far this week acc 1 has been hunting for missing items in the new desert area, stumbled across an annoying spoiler that just blurted out where to use a certain item, which was kinda annoying. Acc 2 is also in the new desert doing all the quests there, some treasure hunting and also did Al-Dendro's story quest. I left the end of that story quest running in the background this time because Kaveh just feels like a pointless antagonist... he's just annoying.

Acc 3 is seeing how much of the original desert it can clear whilst leaving the pyramid effect intact. I took the quest (the one after Golden Slumber) as far as the room below the final area in Deshret's Mausoleum but that still leaves some of that area locked and even full access won't let me in. I presume clearing the final area unlocks those but I don't want to do that yet. But the other areas, like the transparent ruins and the other ruins with those slates in (which the old guy in Aaru village wants later) are all accessible, and cleared. I need to do another run at night for the murals that are only active at night.

I tend to do these areas and deliberately ignore some chests/challenges I see, just so that I have a reason to go back to try and find them again later. Because I forget where they were, it takes me ages to find them again, so it prolongs the content for a good while.

*snip*

Yes I suspect you will not be able to progress that one any further forward without affecting the lighting effects in the sky, be interesting to know if that changes at any poiint once you have caught up on the rest of the desert.

Always good to have something to go back to later in those area's.

I am sure you've seen that 3.6 pair got announced today rather than monday so it's Baizhu and Kaveh so that's another two 'blacklisted' characters, Kaveh by his association with Alhaitham whom is on my dislike list and Baizhu simply because I cannot accept him as a playable character after all this time, plus he's Dendro and I cannot be bothered farming for Gilded/Dendo set artefacts.

So I think this time I can safetly say that's it for wishes for the forseeable future after Dehya, I will just try for weapons that I don't have yet for the five stars and that's only one Nilou...

I am sure you've seen that 3.6 pair got announced today rather than monday so it's Baizhu and Kaveh so that's another two 'blacklisted' characters, Kaveh by his association with Alhaitham whom is on my dislike list and Baizhu simply because I cannot accept him as a playable character after all this time, plus he's Dendro and I cannot be bothered farming for Gilded/Dendo set artefacts.

Yeah, I just don't get the point of those two at all. Their decision making seems to have gone off the rails at the moment, not quite sure what's going on behind the scenes there. I can't help but wonder if this early announcement of two highly-wanted characters (by some segments of the community), is meant to try and pacify people before the update drops.

This is the first time I have seem them slip-up to this extent, so I am curious as to how they are going to handle things going forward. I hope their success hasn't made them complacent towards failure, if it has then maybe this is the wake-up call they needed. Time will tell...

Edit: At this point I just don't know what to say... we can't have Eula on a banner for Mondstadt but we can have Barbara (again), Bennet (again and again) and Collei. I'm not the best when it comes to characters and team-synergy but do those three really work well with both 5* banner characters?

So I think this time I can safetly say that's it for wishes for the forseeable future after Dehya, I will just try for weapons that I don't have yet for the five stars and that's only one Nilou...

I think that's a sound plan tbh. Some of the weapon banners have been really good recently, so maybe this is the time to try for something on that front. I quite like the teams I am using at the moment and unless either my wanted standard 5* turns up or Dehya, then they aren't going to change for a long while. It would take something pretty special to pry Yoimiya, Yelan and Fischl out of my acc 1 team that's for sure, they work so well together... until I need some ores that is. :D

Edited by LeeC22

Tails Prower
On 2/24/2023 at 4:20 PM, LeeC22 said:

Yeah, I just don't get the point of those two at all. Their decision making seems to have gone off the rails at the moment, not quite sure what's going on behind the scenes there. I can't help but wonder if this early announcement of two highly-wanted characters (by some segments of the community), is meant to try and pacify people before the update drops.

This is the first time I have seem them slip-up to this extent, so I am curious as to how they are going to handle things going forward. I hope their success hasn't made them complacent towards failure, if it has then maybe this is the wake-up call they needed. Time will tell...

Edit: At this point I just don't know what to say... we can't have Eula on a banner for Mondstadt but we can have Barbara (again), Bennet (again and again) and Collei. I'm not the best when it comes to characters and team-synergy but do those three really work well with both 5* banner characters?

Could well be, tbh it's the point in the update cycle I guess where there probably not really sure what's best but I do think it will be interesting to see how they go on with the banners and characters in 3.6 onwards esp with this talk about changing to a 14 day banner cycle (which I think is highly likely) so instead of 2 event wish periods we will have 3 so that would mean they can still keep weapon banner with 2 5* star and just rerun characters more often.

I think we might see that introduced for the 3.7 banners or maybe next update because that was when they last made system changes in 2.7 for improving the player experience as update 3.6 they will want us to concentrate on the new area and events. The 4 stars haven't officially been revealed yet but I suspect that list is likely, I guess the reason Bennett keeps showing up is probably cursing him with bad luck or making us end up getting his C6.

On 2/24/2023 at 4:20 PM, LeeC22 said:

I think that's a sound plan tbh. Some of the weapon banners have been really good recently, so maybe this is the time to try for something on that front. I quite like the teams I am using at the moment and unless either my wanted standard 5* turns up or Dehya, then they aren't going to change for a long while. It would take something pretty special to pry Yoimiya, Yelan and Fischl out of my acc 1 team that's for sure, they work so well together... until I need some ores that is. :D

Yeah, at least they have revealed the stats for the weapons so Dehya's is a 33.1% CR and the free 4 star Claymore is EM 110 so I am gonna test that for my healer Sayu build as think that might be better for her.

For my accounts that's good in that I have more CD than CR on the artefacts so the build should turn out quite nice!

This is why Eula on Acc1 and Xinyan on Acc2 are always present for the very purpose of ore mining as I have currently Eula, Nahida, Kokomi and Yoimiya for Acc1 and Acc 2 is Keqing, Qiqi, Xinyan and Yoimiya, will be interesting to see when that does eventually change but yeah I am not expecting to pull again before the new region on characters so it's a good chance to save/buikld up resources which is what I like doing the most!