3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

First time playing VCS

Anywhere USA

Anywhere USA

After having beaten VC last week and LCS a few months back, I've started VCS as my next 3-D era game.

First off, I've noticed the car models are pretty badly compressed and squeezed. Every car looks like a cartoony mini. Also, high number of crashes.

On the upside, Victor Vance is one of the most engaging protagonists in the series thus  far, love the guy, and the Empre Building Mechanic is neat. Just got to the mission where I pick up Lance

Followed you over from your VC playthrough, but like I said I won't be much help. Are you playing on PSP? I never played VCS on the PSP myself (unlike LCS) so my first exposure to it was on the PS2. I remember things looking more like a cartoon than in VC.

Anywhere USA
8 minutes ago, Rhoda said:

Followed you over from your VC playthrough, but like I said I won't be much help. Are you playing on PSP? I never played VCS on the PSP myself (unlike LCS) so my first exposure to it was on the PS2. I remember things looking more like a cartoon than in VC.

No, PS2, I wanted consistency. Plus the PS2 version has more content.

(I might get the PSP version of LCS in the future for a casual playthrough not 100% though)

TrickyMario7654

I'm also doing a playthrough of VCS on PS2 and right now, I've just beaten the first Phil Collins mission in the game. All I can say is, be prepared to defend your businesses a lot as you take them over from rival gangs. I've grown a phobia of the Sharks in this game, as they attack my businesses so frequently, to the point where I honestly think that they're almost as bad as the Leones in GTA 3. 😠

BlackShadowX

I suggest doing Vigilante and Air Paramedic before Empire stuff or you might have some bad times with Sharks

Edited by BlackShadowX

Anywhere USA

Got Fire, Police, and Ambulance done. Working through the last of Umbertos missions. Got my first three businesses maxed out to high roller and then did all 15 jobs. Trying to consolidate the Southern Area.

Anywhere USA

Got all 6 crime type things maxed out. Now with my massive sum of cash I’m gonna launch a huge offensive to take over the rest of the map.

Anywhere USA

Wiped out everyone, but the one bikers place tied to a mission. Sharks were vicious 

I had it in my head from all those years ago that you never stopped defending your businesses, even after finishing the game, which just felt like a massive drag to me. I might be misremembering it because this was well over ten years ago but it was a massive turn-off. In SA the gang territory attacks stopped when you completely took over the map. If there's no obligation to defend anything then that's fine I suppose, but I'd hate to feel like I had to drop whatever I was doing to attend to one of my many many money pits just to pop a few skulls so I can go about my business, only for it to happen again minutes later. 

Anywhere USA
6 hours ago, Rhoda said:

I had it in my head from all those years ago that you never stopped defending your businesses, even after finishing the game, which just felt like a massive drag to me. I might be misremembering it because this was well over ten years ago but it was a massive turn-off. In SA the gang territory attacks stopped when you completely took over the map. If there's no obligation to defend anything then that's fine I suppose, but I'd hate to feel like I had to drop whatever I was doing to attend to one of my many many money pits just to pop a few skulls so I can go about my business, only for it to happen again minutes later. 

Nope they stopped. It was easy. Bikers never even had a chance to counter attack with the sheer might of my bllitz. Sharks did after I had gotten halfway down Vice Beach, and their cars were like swift tanks, so I gave up trying to stop their attacks after two deaths and continued to blitz their poorly defended sites until I wiped them out, then I simply went back and repaired my damaged sites. Sharks are completely gone, and the last Biker site can be taken in just a few missions down the line(which I WOULD have done last night if not for the PS2 losing power and undoing the 3 missions I completed). Took only about an hour. I had fun. sh*t loads of money rolling in now. Once I have that last site I'm taking a break from the story to do some of the vehicle missions I now have access to (Air Paramedic and Beach Patrol), but within the next few days I expect GTA 1 to arrive in the mail so I'll be pivoting to that.

Edited by Anywhere USA

Anywhere USA
On 2/1/2022 at 2:32 AM, Rhoda said:

On 1/26/2022 at 5:04 AM, BlackShadowX said:

I suggest doing Vigilante and Air Paramedic before Empire stuff or you might have some bad times with Sharks

On 1/26/2022 at 2:40 AM, TrickyMario7654 said:

I'm also doing a playthrough of VCS on PS2 and right now, I've just beaten the first Phil Collins mission in the game. All I can say is, be prepared to defend your businesses a lot as you take them over from rival gangs. I've grown a phobia of the Sharks in this game, as they attack my businesses so frequently, to the point where I honestly think that they're almost as bad as the Leones in GTA 3. 😠

Even if you aren’t a GTA 1 fan, I’d be happy if you all joined me in your journey there. VCS on partial hold, I’ll probably alternate 

sealab2012

GTA VCS was my 1st GTA game. Didn't finish the story though but I'm sure you'll have fun. The Cholos were my fav.