GTA III Windows 11 Compatibility?

Chubophobic

Hello!

I have been trying to play GTA 3 on my new computer. I am running on Windows 11 with DirectX12 and am wondering if there is anyway to get this game working on Windows 11 with DirectX12? I have the steam version and a install disc as well. Would anyone know the solution to this? 

What error? When do you get it? Some details would help. Is it the steam version you are trying to run?

K2yjoYK.png

The error I get is "Error Code: 0x800F0922". I get it after it tells me to install "Directplay", I have gone into settings and turned on legacy components and directplay but it has unfortunately not worked with the problem still persisting. I get the error on three versions of the game, Steam, Retail and the Rockstar Games Launcher version. These issues also apply to Vice City and San Andreas. 

2 hours ago, Chubophobic said:

The error I get is "Error Code: 0x800F0922". I get it after it tells me to install "Directplay", I have gone into settings and turned on legacy components and directplay but it has unfortunately not worked with the problem still persisting. I get the error on three versions of the game, Steam, Retail and the Rockstar Games Launcher version. These issues also apply to Vice City and San Andreas. 

Your best bet is to get the Steam version to work since that is the easiest. You are going to need to use Silent Patch

It should fix the problem.

Edited by GhettoJesus

K2yjoYK.png

1 hour ago, GhettoJesus said:

Your best bet is to get the Steam version to work since that is the easiest. You are going to need to use Silent Patch

It should fix the problem.

Unfortunately Silent Patch did not work, it still comes up with the same error. It also has another error now that says "DirectX 8.1 is needed to play", I have DirectX 12.

7 hours ago, Chubophobic said:

Unfortunately Silent Patch did not work, it still comes up with the same error. It also has another error now that says "DirectX 8.1 is needed to play", I have DirectX 12.

You got ddraw with the patch as well, right? Checking your directplay settings might be worth a shot, I have heard it resets for some people everytime they turn off their PCs.

K2yjoYK.png

6 hours ago, GhettoJesus said:

You got ddraw with the patch as well, right? Checking your directplay settings might be worth a shot, I have heard it resets for some people everytime they turn off their PCs.

I completely forgot to download ddraw, once downloaded the game ran perfectly without issue. Thank you so much! For anyone having issues with GTA III, download ddraw and silentpatch. I will give an update after having tried Vice City and San Andreas. Thanks again @GhettoJesus!

51 minutes ago, Chubophobic said:

I completely forgot to download ddraw, once downloaded the game ran perfectly without issue. Thank you so much! For anyone having issues with GTA III, download ddraw and silentpatch. I will give an update after having tried Vice City and San Andreas. Thanks again @GhettoJesus!

Update: San Andreas and Vice City are both working, with Silent's ASI loader and SilentPatch, San Andreas will run and with ddraw and SilentPatch for Vice City it will run as well! Big thanks to @GhettoJesus again for all the help!