2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Is Cayo suffering a bug right now?

justinlynch3

justinlynch3

So me and my buddy, we like going the Kosatka route and splitting the pay 50/50 if we are on together.    I know you make more money solo, I'm not even sure the Kosatka is the fastest way.   It's just what we're used to.     But the past few games we've been needing to quit and restart because even though we choose the Kosatka approach, the game loads in the truck approach.    This is my buddies game and you can see his settings here.

FJQBmdqWUAQvdpl?format=jpg&name=large

Kosatka, Drainage Tunnel, Drainage Tunnel.     However when this very game launched, instead of drainage tunnel we had the truck.

Anyone else getting this?

The heist appears to be bugged. I did one with a host last night, and the entire thing glitched out. The primary objective spawned to the middle of the ocean and we all glitched when we tried swiping the key cards. A fun time was had by all.🤪

Did the heist 2 day's ago with a friend.

We approached with the kosatka gota ll the loot and swam straight off into the sea.

I swam infront of my friend but then he gets the message that he has to wait for the team.

Somehow i swam too far, bc of that i endet up dieing and we lost the main target, the paiout was only 500k but for some reason my friend got nothing.

5WnOKldb.jpgmnMYrlSb.jpg5WnOKldb.jpg

Got Scamed by this Indian @AkshayKumar :(

What do you mean with truck approach? There is no truck approach, unless you meant to get inside the compound and not the island itself, which requires you to get on the island with another vehicle, find the guard disguises and then finding the truck.

If you're still starting the heist underwater on the south coast of Cayo Perico, just swin to the drainage tunnel anyway and use it to get in the compound.

Sandpanther

The truck approach is where you use the guard disguise, then casually drive the supply truck through all the guard checkpoints and then you're let into the compound by the guards. 

justinlynch3
5 hours ago, Pedinhuh said:

What do you mean with truck approach? There is no truck approach, unless you meant to get inside the compound and not the island itself, which requires you to get on the island with another vehicle, find the guard disguises and then finding the truck.

If you're still starting the heist underwater on the south coast of Cayo Perico, just swin to the drainage tunnel anyway and use it to get in the compound.

Yes that one.    And we did swim to the drainage tunnel, there is no checkpoint and you can't cut the gate to get in because the game expects you to to the truck and get the disguises.

It doesn't happen every time, but it has happened a few times.

The game never expects you to get the truck, that's just an option, if there's no tunnel corona it's bugged and I would suggest launching the heist from an invite only session that you are both in, and get them to join your CEO before you launch too.

Next time if this happens (which it shouldn't if you do the session thing) just murder compound guards until you get a keycard, although you'll probably then spawn in the compound with the Primary on the map outside it.

Bug bug buggy bug bug bug rockstar!

Edited by Gridl0k

suicidal_banana

Seen this before the latest DLC too, but based on topics here and elsewhere these bugs are a lot more common now? Pretty sh*tty development tbh, its one thing that they keep breaking old parts of the game with updates, but to keep breaking the previous DLC with the most recent one is a new trend.. :/

A fun one i had a few weeks before the DLC dropped was when we could not get past the grate the first time (no marker to cut it) and eventually died trying to do it differently, we respawn at grate again and unlike before it works, so we cheer and assume the bugs are over, only to enter the compound but then we see that the primary target was in the little garden area out front of it, with no way to get to it... :kekw:

On 1/19/2022 at 10:21 PM, justinlynch3 said:

Yes that one.    And we did swim to the drainage tunnel, there is no checkpoint and you can't cut the gate to get in because the game expects you to to the truck and get the disguises.

It doesn't happen every time, but it has happened a few times.

The game never expects and obligates you to get the truck, it's there as an option only, you can just kill all the guards in front of the compound entrance to get a key card and get inside through one of the side doors.

And just to be sure, did you do the blow torch setup? The one where you go to a construction site in LS to steal a blow torch? You have to do that one every time you do the heist along with other setups.

Either way, try launching the heist finale on invite only, maybe it can avoid this glitch I guess.

Otherwise I have never encountered such a bug before and at this rate I probably did this heist over 200 times by now

Edited by Pedinhuh

1 hour ago, Pedinhuh said:

Otherwise I have never encountered such a bug before and at this rate I probably did this heist over 200 times by now

Solo, right?

Like most bugs it's a matchmaking thing imo

I tried the submarine set up earlier and I fell through the submarine up in Paleto Bay. I tried jumping into the sea and I just stayed in the diving animation until I randomly died.

I spawned back in Los Santos which was weird, when I went to continue the set up, the AI helicopters multiplied but flew away from me towards the edges of the map. 

justinlynch3
14 hours ago, Pedinhuh said:

The game never expects and obligates you to get the truck, it's there as an option only, you can just kill all the guards in front of the compound entrance to get a key card and get inside through one of the side doors.

And just to be sure, did you do the blow torch setup? The one where you go to a construction site in LS to steal a blow torch? You have to do that one every time you do the heist along with other setups.

Either way, try launching the heist finale on invite only, maybe it can avoid this glitch I guess.

Yes setups are done, like I said it worked when we quit and restarted the heist.