The Elder Scrolls Online | Bethesda Softworks

Failed Again

ESO, like all MMO's, has it's litany of downsides, but it's biggest strength is story and lore. It's an absolutely fantastic source of ES lore and has basically carried ES lore wise since it's release, given the mainline franchise is MIA until probably the second half of the 2020's.

There's clear areas that they've never been allowed to touch (Dwemer for one) and the official stance is that it's basically canon until someone (BGS and mainline games) say otherwise, but that fits with the series' timey wimey nature anyway. Even when you're not touching the less contentious lore stuff there is still sh*t tons of great lore and story in there regardless.

For me it's the game that actually made me fall in love with the ES franchise and it's story, in particular the Dunmer, which has a sh*t ton of great content in ESO and more coming with the expansion.

And yea, there's whole regions and areas of the world and lore that they touch upon that may never get touched on by a mainline game ever. Elsweyr and the other forms of Khajiit, Murkmire and the Argonian homeland, more Oblivion planes including some of the cities in there and loooooooooooooooooads more. Not all of it is done justice or in a way that matches the way it was spoken about in-lore (walking cities and stuff like that) but yea, considering most of this stuff could go decades if not our lifetimes without ever making any sort of meaningful appearence in a mainline game then yea, I do agree that while ESO's existence is still a touchy subject among ES fans, it's still good that it exists.

• Like 1
  • Realistic Steak! 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
Failed Again

I love this game...

new free DLC

• 4 weeks later...
Failed Again
Posted (edited)

Are you looking into playing ESO, or just looking to up your game knowledge?

Free Play Days..............................................................................................................................................................

Begin Your Elder Scrolls Online Adventure During the April 2024 Free Play Event - The Elder Scrolls Online    ...........STEAM

Edited by Failed Again

• 2 months later...