The Elder Scrolls Online | Bethesda Softworks

Failed Again

Failed Again

The biggest downsize for me. is the limited storage space.

I think there are some things you can do to mitigate this, create multiple characters and such. (mules), COMPANIONS?

It really pushes you to the (monthly service plan- (offers unlimited space), Edit- Crafting bag space

-of course, anything I say comes from a VERY NEW PLAYER.

Edited by Failed Again

3 minutes ago, Failed Again said:

The biggest downsize for me. is the limited storage space.

I think there are some things you can do to mitigate this, create multiple characters and such. (mules), COMPANIONS?

It really pushes you to the (monthly service plan- (offers unlimited space),

-of course, anything I say comes from a VERY NEW PLAYER.

This is absolutely fair and is the main criticism of the games monetisation.

It's not a case of having to buy storage space, you cannot buy extra storage space period, the storage space they sell on the store is the same as which you can buy in game. But the subscription does two things, 1) doubles your bank storage and secondly and the main source of criticism I said above 2) gives you a "crafting bag" with unlimited crafting material storage. It is... very very very very very useful if you wanna loot everything or craft, which you probably will either to craft your own gear or to do daily writs which are a great source of in-game gold.

There's a few ways to mitigate this issue, alt characters for storage (aka mules) and storage chests which you can purchase through crafting wits, but the former is tedious and the latter isn't viable for a new player. There's also another method which some people do which involves creating a solo guild for your self but that needs 9 alt accounts or some help to do - so again, tedious lol.

So if you play a lot the sub is recommended quite highly for the crafting bag. It does come with other benefits such as access to all the DLC and all but the latest expansion (if you don't own any), double bank storage, double house furnishing capacity and also premium currency valued at the same amount as the cost of your sub, and a few other things (cash shop deals and stuff).

• Like 1

So what's your best armor set ? I made a new character reached level 50 pretty fast 😁 my main focus was my ultimate power so I went with these armor set. 

spacer.png

As you can see my red orbs around me I also have on the ebon armor set for the extra life points. 

My stat's

spacer.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Failed Again

Well, I have to say, "I am most pleased with my purchase of ESO".

I do admit I am sort of stumbling around, learning the interface and navigation.

I actually made level 15 today, and lol, found the Starting Storyline ..

That was fun. Wow the voice acting is really good

The Prophet, voiced by Michael Gambon

nice touch

I also purchased the Blackwood ed. I am not sure if i should enable it now or wait

Will that confuse me more, there is already SSSSO much

what do you say?

Edited by Failed Again

5 hours ago, Failed Again said:

I also purchased the Blackwood ed. I am not sure if i should enable it now or wait

Will that confuse me more, there is already SSSSO much

what do you say?

Well you may want to take a trip to Blackwood to grab the companions, they're easy to get and don't take long at all. Beyond that it's really just up to you. Some people wanna do the story in order, some people wanna do the new non-story contents for the rewards in the expansions etc.

Personally I've spent a ton of time in Blackwood w/o ever touching the main story yet, I've mainly done daily quests and thieving in there and use it as my main crafting hub. I'll get round to the story eventually lol.

There aint no wrong way to play ESO though, that's really one of the games strengths. Other MMO's will railroad you down select paths which isn't always a bad thing but in ESO you can go do whatever you want, wherever you want, and get gold, exp, loot, rewards, etc. No need to rush to see certain areas or content if you don't want to, it's not like that content is going anywhere.

• Like 1
  • Best Bru 1

Failed Again
7 hours ago, Jason said:

Well you may want to take a trip to Blackwood to grab the companions, they're easy to get and don't take long at all. Beyond that it's really just up to you. Some people wanna do the story in order, some people wanna do the new non-story contents for the rewards in the expansions etc.

Personally I've spent a ton of time in Blackwood w/o ever touching the main story yet, I've mainly done daily quests and thieving in there and use it as my main crafting hub. I'll get round to the story eventually lol.

There aint no wrong way to play ESO though, that's really one of the games strengths. Other MMO's will railroad you down select paths which isn't always a bad thing but in ESO you can go do whatever you want, wherever you want, and get gold, exp, loot, rewards, etc. No need to rush to see certain areas or content if you don't want to, it's not like that content is going anywhere.

Great, that helps me a lot.

Thank you.

I've bought ESO about 2 months ago when it was on sale. due to a lack of time, I'm still lvl3 and have done nothing really. barely made it through the "tutorial" and landed on that island (s'trom kai something ?!) where you have pirates and merchants and so on. 

what I do, I try to grab those daily rewards - but as mentioned above, storage is a problem here.

PS: I have a feeling I would have loved to sink 100's of hours into that game about 10 years ago or so

Mexicola9302
1 hour ago, flow_42 said:

I've bought ESO about 2 months ago when it was on sale. due to a lack of time, I'm still lvl3 and have done nothing really. barely made it through the "tutorial" and landed on that island (s'trom kai something ?!) where you have pirates and merchants and so on. 

what I do, I try to grab those daily rewards - but as mentioned above, storage is a problem here.

PS: I have a feeling I would have loved to sink 100's of hours into that game about 10 years ago or so

The game was pretty lame after it got released, i played it for 3 months after release, and was totally bored already. I was so bored that i started using an exploit, i farmed an ore that respawned every 45 seconds or something, and made steel out of it. I can't remember the exact name of that material it was the best crafting material. I made tons of gold with that. But i got banned after 2 weeks of farming it with my macro. Then i just stopped playing the game forever.

I was already max level, had the best weapon and armor, had my bank maxed out and all that. I did the only raid that was available ingame, did all dungeons etc. well i just finished everything, then i started doing that exploit lol. It was the first game, where i joined a clan, and it was the last game. I never wanna listen to a bunch of ppl in a voice chat anymore, so much drama and nonsense. Nope never again.

You didn't miss much. No idea how it is now, it must be a sh*t ton of content now after so many years. But getting into that as a beginner, i imagine must be annoying.

CPU: i7-4930K @ 4,2 GHZ Level 3 Cache: 12MB (6 Cores)
GPU: 2x SLI Asus ROG Strix GTX1070-O8G-Gaming 8GB DDR5 V-RAM (MSI SLI HB Bridge)
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 32 GB DDR3 @ 1866 MHZ (Quad Channel)
Soundcard: Creative Soundblaster Z
Mainboard: ASRock X79 Extreme 4
Harddrive: Samsung 840 EVO 1TB SSD (Rapid Mode Activated)
Powersupply: be quiet! POWER ZONE 850W

Failed Again
On 5/7/2022 at 9:57 AM, flow_42 said:

been staying with this it's good 

Abnur Tharn, voiced by - Alfred Molina is a voice actor known for voicing Doctor Octopus / Dr. Otto Octavius, Ares, and The Devil.

Storage is really a pain.

I really appreciate the voicing - it really adds to the game.

I found Angry Turtles, beginners guide to be VERY easy and helpful in the best new player way

Edited by Failed Again

• 2 weeks later...
Failed Again

Why didn't they implement a map on screen (Hud)? or have I not found the option?

Jeez, I don't ever feel safe installing MODS especially in today's world- I realize my view is likely a minority view.

Yet even the Add-on, state malware (can) happen. Not responsible

31 minutes ago, Failed Again said:

Why didn't they implement a map on screen (Hud)? or have I not found the option?

Jeez, I don't ever feel safe installing MODS especially in today's world- I realize my view is likely a minority view.

Yet even the Add-on, state malware (can) happen. Not responsible

Probably to keep it more Skyrim like which didn't have a minimap either if I had to guess. The functionality for it is in the game though, as it's what the minimap mods hook into IIRC.

ESO mods are very, very simple though, and safe. ESOUI.com is a good place to get them, or install the Minion app (recommended) which you can use to find and install mods and also updat them. There's tons of ones from HUD, UI, trackers for all sorts of things, some stuff to automate some tedious aspects of the game (like crafting writs) and loads more. There's really nothing to worry about if get your mods from the right places.

My UI is completely custom to the point I don't even remember what the vanilla UI looks like anymore lol. 

• Like 1

Failed Again

Thanks for addressing my concern, without making me feel foolish.

Caution is an added trait for older folks..🦖

Silver_Wolf
On 5/7/2022 at 8:57 PM, flow_42 said:

I'm not sure if it still works this way or not as I have not played Elder Scrolls Online for a VERY long time (Genshin Impact turned out to be the RPG/Online experience I always wanted) but back in the days I was playing there was a farm where you went to Alik'r Desert and once you had been guided to the dolmen locations/teleport waypoints beside them on that map you could run all three as there were always players doing them and usually you get to join the group for XP so as long as your character was in the circle and hit something you got the XP/rewards.

So basically when there were XP events like the birthday celebration you could get triple XP and level up a character to the highest level and enter Champion status very quickly and continue to max this out.

All I ended up doing was this for a long time before as I say Genshin drew me away from this.

Edited by Tails Prower

Ya the Alik'r Desert exp farm is still very popular. Not the fastest exp in the game mind you, and quite mind numbing, but it's easiest for new players.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Failed Again

ESO has an Event started 6/30..

I'm trying- But Solo seems really hard.

I think you must play in a group or join guild.

any tips for newish I'm rank 36

UPDATE:

Things a bit better, learned the holiday tab

actually, completed some toil missions😀

Edited by Failed Again

Yea this is a brand new event, they're trying some new ideas for it. It's not the most solo friendly if you want to farm event boxes but there's still a few ways to get boxes; a daily crafting writ will get you 1 per day, then each normal crafting writ will get you one per writ, lockboxes and pickpocketing can also get you them. Completing a daily event quest (found at Belkarth in Craglorn) will get you a special event box with better chance of loot, once per day. You'll also get 3 event tickets per day for doing that quest which you can spend on stiff at the event vendor - beware  that you can only hold 12 of these tickets though.

Beyond that though it's kinda built around doing things with your guild. Not my favourite event I've done thus far cause of that but I appreciate them trying new ideas. I prefer it to the next event mind you, Midyear Mayhem or w/e they're calling it is a pain in the arse as a solo PvE player.

• Like 1

Failed Again
9 minutes ago, Jason said:

Yea this is a brand new event, they're trying some new ideas for it. It's not the most solo friendly if you want to farm event boxes but there's still a few ways to get boxes; a daily crafting writ will get you 1 per day, then each normal crafting writ will get you one per writ, lockboxes and pickpocketing can also get you them. Completing a daily event quest (found at Belkarth in Craglorn) will get you a special event box with better chance of loot, once per day. You'll also get 3 event tickets per day for doing that quest which you can spend on stiff at the event vendor - beware  that you can only hold 12 of these tickets though.

Beyond that though it's kinda built around doing things with your guild. Not my favourite event I've done thus far cause of that but I appreciate them trying new ideas. I prefer it to the next event mind you, Midyear Mayhem or w/e they're calling it is a pain in the arse as a solo PvE player.

Thank you, very helpful👍

4 minutes ago, Failed Again said:

Thank you, very helpful👍

The events can be daunting to brand new or casual players but once you figure them out they basically all work the same at their core - 1) earn tickets every day by doing the events daily quests and spend them at The Impresario 2) do event activities to earn event boxes for loot.

Do note that skins and pets you can buy at The Impresario for tickets can typically be found through event boxes or purchased from guild traders you'll find in cities, so those things aren't really worth buying with tickets. What can't be acquired outside of The Impresario are the fragments for the pets, mounts, personalities, character skins etc. The pet fragments are sold all year round and this years are the Hallowed Hourglass Basin, Illimunated Dragon Scroll, Kvatchian Incense which combine into the Soulfire Dragon Illusion. The other fragments are tied to parts of the year (Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4), and you combine the pet and the mount/skin/personality into the mount/etc, losing the pet in the process. This is the last event of Q2 so the next event will be the start of some new rewards, meaning you won't be able to get all the mount fragments to be able to get that. At the end of the year is the "New Life Festival" where all rewards offered throughout the year are brought back incase you missed something but you'd probably only be able to get the mount at this point if you had most the fragments for when the New Life Festival hits.

tl;dr: ignore the cheap stuff you can buy with tickets, focus on the fragments. Buy the pet fragments, combine them into the pet. Then buy the fragments for something else. Combine those fragments + pet into mount/skin/whatever. Repeat.

Ooooor just ignore all that and do what you want, the rewards you can buy exclusively with tickets aren't worth stressing over if all of that seems a bit much.

• Like 1

Failed Again

I have accumulated a number of Boxes; do they expire if not opened?

I also received a System email about an undaunted chest(package) 29 days to redeem

1 hour ago, Failed Again said:

I have accumulated a number of Boxes; do they expire if not opened?

I also received a System email about an undaunted chest(package) 29 days to redeem

The event boxes called Zenithar something of something? No, those don't expire, you can keep them unopened indefinitely.

As for the undaunted package, I'm guessing you got this through the in-game mail system? If so, in-game mail lasts 30 days before it's deleted, just collect it from your mail and you're good.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Failed Again

Preview of next chapter:

I really love this game, right up at the top of the list.

The visual quality in the game has took a step up in the past 2 years, not just environments but armour detail as well. Things aren't as flat and there's more detail in general, it's never been the best looking MMO but the art design has always been up there with the best but yea, it's nice to see a step up in that department.

Necrom's coming out at virtually the same time as Diablo 4 so I'm probably gonna leave it until later in the year but I do plan on picking it up and leveling an Arcanist through the Necrom story, I kinda wanna work my way through more of the Dunmer story content in the game in general as well.

Failed Again

I have around 1500 hours in now, thanks for the tips along the way.

I have really enjoyed this game.

so have you been thinking of trying ESO..if yes look here.

Edited by Failed Again

• 2 weeks later...
Lock n' Stock
On 5/12/2023 at 6:16 AM, Failed Again said:

Looking good

I like how they brought Hermaeus Mora's plane back. Loved that place in Skyrim's Dragonborn DLC.

• Like 1

They're doing a lot of Oblivion plane stuff now in ESO expansions/DLC, either that or entirely new regions of Tamriel (like High Isle).

The suspicion is that TES VI's location is locked in and Zenimax are under orders not to go anywhere near those locations, which kinda fits honestly, cause the rumour for TES VI is Hammerfell and Hammerfell just so happens to be the be the last gaping hole in the ESO world map, with the last time anything was added there being 2016 (Thieves Guild DLC).

pAf4bmX.jpg

Do wonder where they'll go with the next map expansion looking at that. Maybe they'll prove people wrong and go w/ Hammerfell but if they don't there's not really any places of any substance left on Tamriel and there's no way BGS let them leave Tamriel and go to the other continents.

• Like 2

Lock n' Stock
6 hours ago, Jason said:

They're doing a lot of Oblivion plane stuff now in ESO expansions/DLC, either that or entirely new regions of Tamriel (like High Isle).

The suspicion is that TES VI's location is locked in and Zenimax are under orders not to go anywhere near those locations, which kinda fits honestly, cause the rumour for TES VI is Hammerfell and Hammerfell just so happens to be the be the last gaping hole in the ESO world map, with the last time anything was added there being 2016 (Thieves Guild DLC).

pAf4bmX.jpg

Do wonder where they'll go with the next map expansion looking at that. Maybe they'll prove people wrong and go w/ Hammerfell but if they don't there's not really any places of any substance left on Tamriel and there's no way BGS let them leave Tamriel and go to the other continents.

While I'm not a fan of ESO, I'm thankful it exists, since it's allowed them to flesh out areas that otherwise haven't been explored in recent mainline titles.