The Elder Scrolls Online | Bethesda Softworks

Failed Again

Failed Again

In this in-depth introductory video, you can discover what kind of gameplay and adventures await you in The Elder Scrolls Online, including breakdowns on character creation and progression, exploration, PvP, group activities, crafting, combat, and much more. From Publisher

I

The Elder Scrolls Online: 2022 Cinematic Teaser

The ESO 2022 Global Reveal livestream will kick off on Twitch.tv/Bethesda on Thursday, January 27 at 3PM EST

I will be giving this a try, what do you think? 

With Elden Ring, near..this maybe an alternative for PC players

Edited by Failed Again
  • Like 1

Hasn't this game been out for several years? Or is it getting rebooted?

The elderscrolls online  has been out for several years, but is gaining popularity in awaiting the next elder scrolls 6, some say 2030 is when it well be released, others believe sooner

So in the mean time elder scrolls fans are turning to the elder scrolls online for there fix, it has  around 26 dlc or add-ons

• Like 2

"You don't understand! I could've had class. I could've been a contender. I could've been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am."

On the Waterfront 1954 M.Brando

The game has really just sorta built its self up and carved it's own space in the MMO genre over the years and is becoming more and more well regarded in the MMO space, as well as being a good game for those wanting more Elder Scrolls story.

Like other MMO's there's things it does well and things it doesn't, but story, amount of content and the rock solid regularity of content updates and events are probably ESO's three biggest strengths. Combat is pretty much universally regarded as the weakest aspect of the game as it's kinda weightless and has some animation cancelling stuff people aren't fond of but it's good enough once you get used to it, though most of the community hopes they'll overhaul it one day still.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Craigsters said:

some say 2030

That would be 19 f*cking years since Skyrim. I don't think it'll be that long, but who f*cking knows. It's already been 10 at this point in time. 

DVf9mQs.png

Formerly known as The General

37 minutes ago, Moth said:

That would be 19 f*cking years since Skyrim. I don't think it'll be that long, but who f*cking knows. It's already been 10 at this point in time. 

A game called starfield  from Bethesda is supposed to be out before the next elder scroll's game

Edited by Craigsters

"You don't understand! I could've had class. I could've been a contender. I could've been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am."

2 hours ago, Craigsters said:

A game called starfield  from Bethesda is supposed to be out before the next elder scroll's game

I think that might come out this year. ESVI is the next game after that.

DVf9mQs.png

Formerly known as The General

• 3 months later...

M9QhvTR.jpg

personal info edited out of picture above for my protection

I bought the elder scrolls online at  -67% off and well wait for High Isle chapter to go on sale before buying it, $54 is a lot for a dlc or chapter

Edited by Craigsters
  • Like 1

ESO's good fun. I know you're a fan of Elder Scrolls games so I think you may like it.

It's an MMO and in many ways different from Skyrim so you may have to adjust if you have no experience with MMO's, progression is quite different from a single player game in particular, but there's a sh*t ton of quests to do and loads of places to explore. If you're a fan of the Elder Scrolls lore then there's absolutely tons of it here as well.

I watched the above video first before making up my mind, I also watched the High Isle chapter  trailer, which isn't released tell June

The Elder Scrolls Online - Blackwood Includes The Elder Scrolls Online base game, Blackwood, Greymoor, Elsweyr, Summerset, and Morrowind Chapters, which is what I bought and viewed a   fan review  trailers  on solo play before purchasing it

Edited by Craigsters
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Craigsters said:

The Elder Scrolls Online - Blackwood Includes The Elder Scrolls Online base game, Blackwood, Greymoor, Elsweyr, Summerset, and Morrowind Chapters, which is what I bought and viewed a   fan review  trailers  on solo play before purchasing it

Yea, sh*t tons of content there to play through.

I play it almost exclusively solo too - I don't really touch the group stuff or PvP, though the group stuff can be fun and is accessible on normal difficulty, just veteran and above difficulty requires some learning and a good group.

But solo wise there's more than enough for me to do. Quests and story, leveling up stuff, doing treasure maps, crafting, daily quests, unlocking skins, furnishing homes, achievements, events which happen typically once a month or so, and more.

The game really, really just made me fall in love with the Elder Scrolls lore in a way Skyrim, which was my first real introduction to ES, never did. Through ESO I've been able to explore the lore of the various races and regions of the world a lot more than I did through Skyrim. There's a lot of great Dunmer stuff in ESO in particular, and some good High Elf, Argonian and Daedric stuff. The next expansion is focusing heavily on the Bretons which haven't got a ton of lore content in the game thus far, hence the "year of the Breton" name for the content this year.

Suspiciously the Redguard are still relatively light on lore content, which may fit with rumours that the next Elder Scrolls game is focusing on the Redguard race and Hammerfell region - of which some already exists in ESO like the Alik'r Desert.

I was worried it was going to have the camera to high up in the sky and  the circle around the base of each player npc like you'd seen in  the god of war games or Warhammer  games

When I seen those mmo   games like god of war games or Warhammer  games,  who likes ant level view playing and squinting their eyes  to see what's going on

Edited by Craigsters

EGqEbAV.jpg

I just watched the Summerset dlc trailer and the girl in the video had  Khajiit  follower companion in the video, do we get to have  follower/companion's this game??  it look's like we can, but not with big boss battles

I don't plan on buying a The Elder Scrolls Online: Plus Membership ever, unless  by chance I come across a very trust worthy mature adult to play with,  which is highly unlikely, plus  $17.99 plus hst taxes a month CAD is  expensive

Edited by Craigsters

8 hours ago, Craigsters said:

I was worried it was going to have the camera to high up in the sky and  the circle around the base of each player npc like you'd seen in  the god of war games or Warhammer  games

When I seen those mmo   games like god of war games or Warhammer  games,  who likes ant level view playing and squinting their eyes  to see what's going on

I think you're talking about the isometric type cameras, often used in ARPG's like Diablo or the classic God of War games. Not really common for proper MMO's but there are some.

Speaking of the camera though, it's quite customisable in the settings like a lot of the things in the game, there's also UI mods and things like that you can install on PC.

I'm deeply disappointed with nexusmods  site for mostly only have  map mods and menu gui  mods  for the game and no clothes, armor and weapon mods or companion mods for the game

seen  that the game uses addon mods, and most like is in the menu like a store   Elder Scrolls Online AddOns video I seen

Edited by Craigsters

It's an MMO, not a single player game, the clues in the name, "Elder Scrolls Online" lol.

The mods are UI and QoL stuff like autocrafting, minimaps, map markers and more. You can't mod skins and and weapons into an MMO.  As far as MMO modding goes ESO is pretty good.

Well it works with my xbox one controller for windows, but not tell after you create your character and I learned a hard lesson, if you want to  use steam backup for the game, you shouldn't launch the game right away after installation,   found this Backing up ESO to Prevent Downloading Again sentence below from   backup eso link

Step 1: If this is your first time downloading ESO through Steam, DO NOT hit play when it is finished downloading. IMMEDIATELY backup the game using the Steam utility. Right click ESO in Steam, "Backup game files" and choose where you're backing the game up to. Steam will then begin the process.

This game takes  9 hours to install  started downloading it at 11:30 pm last night and it wasn't done downloading  tell 8 am or after I came  home from the coffee shop

That steam link is from 2015 and I read that after 2016  update , that it  hard to backup the game with steam, so I'm re-installing the game and well try and back it up

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OtqXAl9.jpg

Update 

Strange query from Elder Scrolls Online  emailed me asking for a password and secret answer to be chosen from pulldown menu, I choose  video game , wont mention which game as my  anwser, is this normal??? for a MMO game, Bethesda never asked for this with it's other games over the years I bought games with them

Edited by Craigsters

Failed Again

Craig, if this is of interest there are more online to help. Good luck

I see you have been seeing  vids on solo, anyway here's more😁

Edited by Failed Again

steam game backup don't work with the game, the only thing I've read online  suggested was to  copy the whole folder directory for the game to the drive you want it on and then to use repair  the game in the eso menu and don't use steam verify or the game re-install's all over again, when you copy the backup  over again

Edited by Craigsters

had trouble with the menu's for amor and weapons and figuring out equipping them, the game only has partial game  controller support, the game is  awkward , clumsy and slow to work with the xbox one game controller for windows, my controller is for Windows 10 and since this game been out for 5 years or more, it may not work with the xbox one game controller Windows 10  controller

I did get past the training, but it was tedious , I used a staff

Going to play The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition again with my favourite mods , like Inigo my favourite  Khajiit follower and the common clothes mod just to name two mods I always use

Edited by Craigsters

Failed Again

I got the steam version today.

I made it through the gallery, choose a land and the adventure begins..very nice. It does seem a bit clunky/using M/KB-been using controllers for a while now🤟

so, I will work out muscle memory💪

I glad I gave this a try on Steam, (free days..) played on Xbox a bit, so I think I'll enjoy the PC change

Edited by Failed Again

Yea again it's an MMO not a single player game, it can work on controller (it's on console too) but I dunno how well it does and it may need some tweaking out of the box on PC. I will always prefer MMO's on M&K for the binds and stuff my self.

Failed Again

Well.  Getting into this, seems much more complicated than the Fallout games.

Alot to learn.

But I'm determined.:pirate:

I have a love/hate relationship with this game. Started playing it again recently after a very long break, ended up rage quitting a few months ago over some issue I had with a certain quest line. Basically I completed the quest, but the game wouldn't mark it as completed. My OCD got the better of me and I uninstalled the game and wasn't going to look back. My love for the setting and being able to explore so much of Tamriel is what brought me back though, and with a clearer head I was able to sort out the issue, it just involved some backtracking and googling. Turns out the game let me skip an objective in one of the quests, but still let me progress to the next objective and so on. The skip wasn't intentional so I was unaware and since it let me progress I took for granted I completed everything I needed. Very annoying, but I fixed it.

It definitely is a game that pushes my buttons, but I still get enjoyment out of it. I don't like the combat though. The ability spam reminds me of what Runescape's combat degenerated into. However this is done better than the combat in RS due to better controls, but I still don't like it. I was never a fan of that style gameplay.

Anyway doing the Dark Brotherhood stuff right now. 

R2z2IPX.png

This game is a good combat system away from being a top MMO IMO, it has everything else and more, it just has rubbish combat. Loads of content, loads of zones, loads of story and quests, worthwhile crafting, good cosmetic system, great housing system, good economy, achievements, thieving, treasure hunting, upcoming card game (not for me mind you), NPC compansions, dungeons, raids and probably more I'm forgetting.

I do prefer it over hotkey tab targeting rubbish, but at the same time it has zero weight and has quirks (light attack weaving) to it that are just rubbish and tedious to do.

ZoS have sadly put them selves into a corner with it, a proper combat update would be massive for this game, especially if put alongside a difficulty update as overland stuff is just way too easy. But I don't think they'll ever touch either though, they've balanced all the difficult content around light attack weaving meaning they'd have to go back and balance it all which means fiddling heavily with enemy health and player sustain, and their reasoning for why they don't touch the overland difficulty is just weak as well.

I'd love to do story quests with challenging fights and bosses but as is I just wipe the floor with every bit of overland content except select world bosses.

I want to play this game. I'm wondeing does this game dwelve into each continent in Tamriel and how diverse are the landscapes? Like does it focus on Skyrim, Hammerfell, High Rock, Cyrodill, etc (with each having its own unique story)? Also, how deep is the lore in the game?

11 minutes ago, EGA_6 said:

I want to play this game. I'm wondeing does this game dwelve into each continent in Tamriel and how diverse are the landscapes? Like does it focus on Skyrim, Hammerfell, High Rock, Cyrodill, etc (with each having its own unique story)? Also, how deep is the lore in the game?

Here's a list of zones in the game; https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Zones

To summaries, at this point in it's life ESO has zones across the entirety of Tamriel, plus some beyond like ones in the Daedric planes. Each zone has a zone story + side quests, with the length and amount of these quests varying by zone. Generally speaking, story quests are one of the games strong points amongst MMO's, there's absolutely tons of content there. Downside is that the difficulty of said quests is on a constant decline as you level up and progress your character, becoming trivial eventually.

A lot (but by no means all) of the vanilla game zone stories focus on the three way war between the main factions, where as the DLC/expansion lore is typically more it's own thing with loose ties to one another. Overall you've got the single most lore in any single ES game to date, and can visit many regions never before seen in a ES game. In particular there's a good chunk of Dunmer lore, but there's also a good chunk of High Elf, Argonian, Khajit and Nord in there as well especially in the DLC/expansion zones.

Overall the map is super f*cking diverse these days, though it has to be said that exploration isn't as good as it is in the single player Elder Scrolls. Really got sorta stress that, as it's an MMO infused with Elder Scrolls and if you don't have experience or like MMO's you may struggle to get into it, you can (and many many do including my self) play it solo so it's not a case of having to play with others, but it has MMO tropes in terms of combat, gear and leveling which are very different from single player titles and may take some adjusting to.

I played Skyrim when it came out and the lore went straight over my head for the most part, but I started playing ESO around this time last year and at this point I'm a huge, huge fan of the lore now entirely because of ESO. It's one of it's strengths for sure for me.

• Like 2