2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.
Happy 25th Anniversary Grand Theft Auto!

Hackers are ruining the game.

Ada_Denker

Ada_Denker

Every other time I log in I'm immediately killed by a hacker that spawns on top of me, kills me either by one-shotting me, exploding me out of thin air, shooting me with flaming arrows from a bow that fires as fast as a machine gun, and then spawning on top of me again after I've respawned and doing it again, all while they're immune to my attacks and I'm in defensive mode the whole time. Over and over and over, until I log off. I've only been playing this game a week and it's almost unplayable because of this. 

Is anything ever going to be done about this? Reporting them seems to fall on deaf ears. The report feature doesn't even let me type more than, what? 240 characters? So I can't even accurately describe what happened. 

FRIDA_KAHLO

It's also sometimes unclear whom to report sometimes. I hate that. And meanwhile sometimes they keep attacking while you try to report it right!

I do find it comes in waves since I been playing about ten months.

But instead of respawning in the same session, try going to a new session and start at your camp by choosing Start->Online->then choose Camp

Stick around Ada_Denker it is a lot of fun

Nihilanth1982

which platform is this on?

havent been online in awhile - on ps4 i never had problems. mind you thats after enabling a setting (passive mode or something like that)

i just bought the game again for pc from a sale and hope there are no prblems there...

KatzeFive
16 hours ago, Nihilanth1982 said:

which platform is this on?

havent been online in awhile - on ps4 i never had problems. mind you thats after enabling a setting (passive mode or something like that)

i just bought the game again for pc from a sale and hope there are no prblems there...

Welcome to the PC version of RDO - and get ready to meet : Hackers, Cheaters and Griefers .. They are all meeting up here, and somehow you got to get used to it ..

I'm not playing in public lobbys, unless my posse is there with me .. If you meet Hackers and Cheaters, the only method to get rid of them, is to switch lobby .. And if the next lobby is infected also, switch again .. Here where I live, we are teamed up with people from nations east of us - and there are many good guys amongst them, but also a fair amount of players not following the rules .. Really easy to tell, as their names always contains a lot of "X, Y and Z's" .. So switch lobby, until you find a quiet one to be in (as long as it last)

Griefers are also a common problem - people who are bored, and enjoys to bully you until you leave the game (never really understood that part) ..

When I'm in a public lobby, I'm always having my posse with me somewhere, and they really do enjoy to grief a griefer .. They wont back down, and will hunt down a griefer, until he leaves the show .. So get a few good PVP players to join your posse, and let them have some fun, while you are playing the game the way you want to .. That works for me, as I'm a bad PVP player.. I do get attacked now and then, but what the attacker doesn't know, is that he just opened the door to a bad day for himself ..

KatzeFive ..

Edited by KatzeFive

Ada_Denker
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, KatzeFive said:

Welcome to the PC version of RDO - and get ready to meet : Hackers, Cheaters and Griefers .. They are all meeting up here, and somehow you got to get used to it ..

I'm not playing in public lobbys, unless my posse is there with me .. If you meet Hackers and Cheaters, the only method to get rid of them, is to switch lobby .. And if the next lobby is infected also, switch again .. Here where I live, we are teamed up with people from nations east of us - and there are many good guys amongst them, but also a fair amount of players not following the rules .. Really easy to tell, as their names always contains a lot of "X, Y and Z's" .. So switch lobby, until you find a quiet one to be in (as long as it last)

Griefers are also a common problem - people who are bored, and enjoys to bully you until you leave the game (never really understood that part) ..

When I'm in a public lobby, I'm always having my posse with me somewhere, and they really do enjoy to grief a griefer .. They wont back down, and will hunt down a griefer, until he leaves the show .. So get a few good PVP players to join your posse, and let them have some fun, while you are playing the game the way you want to .. That works for me, as I'm a bad PVP player.. I do get attacked now and then, but what the attacker doesn't know, is that he just opened the door to a bad day for himself ..

I'm not complaining about griefers who work within the confines of the game, I honestly haven't even encountered one yet. The only griefers I've seen are hacking the game, which leaves them invulnerable to attack and capable of killing any group of people. Sometimes they can kill you without a trace, like just now I kept getting killed by a hacker that was causing me to spontaneously explode every few seconds from somewhere else on the map entirely, and all the death screen said was "exploded." It didn't even register as someone doing it to me, so I don't even have a name I can report. Another time earlier this week a similar thing happened to me, except they kept causing a tornado to spawn on top of me, lifting me way up into the air so I'd die of fall damage and the death screen just said "fell to death." 

It's far more enragaging that Rockstar doesn't seem to care about people doing this, they don't care that people are hacking their game and they're doing nothing to combat it. 

Edited by Ada_Denker

Ada_Denker

Just got killed three times by someone who spawned storms of throwing knives around me, without being anywhere near me, and somehow making it so the death screen didn't show who they are. Just said "killed by throwing knife", nothing else. So once again I can't report them.